Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

6 hours ago, ChiefD said:

He's been pretty loose with the football lately, though. He's had a lot of potential interceptions dropped this year.

The fact is, the reason he is so good is because he takes a lot of risks. Most of them pan out. But if the Browns can catch the opportunities they are given (and they will get some), this will be bad for the Chiefs.

I'm looking forward to this game, but am extremely nervous. The Browns are a good team, and if they weren't playing for the Chiefs I'd be rooting for them all day.

Heck, if they win I'd probably root for them the rest of the way. After what Modell did to you guys - Browns fans deserve this success they are having.

Young, exciting team. Should be a fun AFC for the next ten years:

Mahomes

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

Herbert

You...get out

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

13 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

...  The Browns were in the midst of their 28-point first quarter outburst to set an NFL playoff record.

A Chiefs fan replied to Watkins “Looks like we got some comp next week’'

To which Watkins responded, “I wouldn’t go that far lol….!”

I never truly understand the need to put other people, especially professionals, down. I guess deep down, it's just his nature to be a doosh.

36 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Why in the world is the ref having a conversation with a the Steelers player about coming back and how there's still a LONG way to go how it's happened before and ####.  AYFKM?

40 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I never truly understand the need to put other people, especially professionals, down. I guess deep down, it's just his nature to be a doosh.

Watkins is a really weird dude. Like, he believes that he can go to astral planes and do all sorts of weird stuff like literally think certain plays into existence or freeze time for everyone else while he is on the football field. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Watkins is a really weird dude. Like, he believes that he can go to astral planes and do all sorts of weird stuff like literally think certain plays into existence or freeze time for everyone else while he is on the football field. 

that's what concussions do to people.

10 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Read this yesterday and thought it showed a much different Mayfield than the one we would have seen last year. Tend to agree with him as well.

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/baker-mayfield-responds-chiefs-shade/

“I have no problem with it to be honest with you because if you do not have confidence, then you are not going to have success,” Mayfield told reporters. “Those guys have been doing it together for a few years now. They have a ton of confidence in each other. People get mad when you put it out there as your quote-unquote ‘bulletin board material,’ but I do not have a problem with it. It comes with the nature of this game that you have to be confident and you have to know and believe in yourself.”

Edited by beer 30
11 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Favorite part, Tomlin after Hunt ran it in for the fourth score in the first quarter.

Mike Tomlin reacts with an anguished cry of "Gaaaaahllllleeeeee" where you can feel his heart breaking, lol.  Luv it.

• Like 2

Hmmm.

Longtime Steeler beat writer predicting this weekends divisional games.

Gerry Dulac's 2020 NFL picks: Divisional round weekend

SUNDAY

Cleveland Browns (12-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (14-2), 3:05 p.m. — The Browns have scored at least 41 points in three of their past six games and dissected the Steelers’ defense every way imaginable with the run and pass. And they didn’t allow a sack against the league’s top sacking team or commit a turnover. The Chiefs could be a little stale after a bye week and it might take them a while to get ramped up. As the Steelers discovered, it might be too late by then. Here come the Brownies.

Prediction: Browns, 37-34

Last week leading up to the game the bad news kept-a-comin', not this week.

Last week no expectations as a huge road dog, this week the same thing.

Interesting prediction.

32 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Hmmm.

Longtime Steeler beat writer predicting this weekends divisional games.

Gerry Dulac's 2020 NFL picks: Divisional round weekend

Last week leading up to the game the bad news kept-a-comin', not this week.

Last week no expectations as a huge road dog, this week the same thing.

Interesting prediction.

Chase keeps chatter'n.

“layered” after the win; That’s why he said they would clap from the bosses

... One day after the match, Claypool said on a live TikTok broadcast, “It’s a bad loss, but Brown will clap next week, so it’s all good.”

-------------------------------------------------------

Lets  Clap :clap: for the Dogmen.

Andy Reid's history coming off a bye can't be ignored and neither can Mahomes being an alien, but neither can the production of those playing off 3 weeks rest. Especially when considering Kansas City sleep walking through the second half of the season and their slow starts down the stretch. Only once in their final 4 games did they go into the first half 2 minute warning with > 7 points.

I think we have to start fast like we did against Tennessee and Pittsburgh. I'm not saying we have to score 30 some points in the first half, but we must have aggressive decision making. If successful then perhaps adjusting to a shortening the game strategy would be prudent, but be mindful of both the AFCCG last year and our propensity to letting teams back into games as we have all year. Mix in more run, okay, but run-run-pass isn't gonna do it.

We're gonna need to score 40 to have a shot, but I think we can.

I dont want to see anything positive coming from anywhere outside of cleveland.  I want to see everyone predicting a beat down.

Hell I am predicting we get spanked like 45-17.  

I think if browns fans really want to win, start talking all negative about us getting smoked.  We need this team to be as disrespected as possible

This offseason, my mindset is that the Browns are playing with House Money.  I'm enjoying the ride, as many didn't think they'd be where they are today.  I want a good competitive game.  Leave it all out on the field.  Win or Lose, that's all I ask.  Make us fans proud, or at least prouder than we are today.  I have no doubt Hunt will run angry.  I have no doubt Chubb and Baker feel they have more to prove.  I have no doubt that all of those that missed last week's WC game are itching to get out there and feel that playoff atmosphere.  Take that energy and be competitive.  Let them know the dawgs are in town and make that team work and sweat and bleed for every yard, every step.  Be competitive and play like there is no tomorrow.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Andy Reid's history coming off a bye can't be ignored and neither can Mahomes being an alien, but neither can the production of those playing off 3 weeks rest.

Chiefs average 38 points off a bye under Reid.

So, some good news for you guys:

1. Sammy Watkins is out. This is huge. The Chiefs offense just doesn’t operate right without him in the lineup. It allows defenses to double team both Hill and Kelce.  Chiefs offense is gonna struggle tomorrow.

2. Linebacker Willie Gay will not play. He is a rookie, but he is the one linebacker the Chiefs couldn’t afford to lose. He has the speed to cover sideline to sideline and chase down running backs. The rest of our linebackers are slow and ineffective for the most part.

3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

1. Sammy Watkins is out. This is huge. The Chiefs offense just doesn’t operate right without him in the lineup. It allows defenses to double team both Hill and Kelce.  Chiefs offense is gonna struggle tomorrow.

2. Linebacker Willie Gay will not play. He is a rookie, but he is the one linebacker the Chiefs couldn’t afford to lose. He has the speed to cover sideline to sideline and chase down running backs. The rest of our linebackers are slow and ineffective for the most part.

No.

• Laughing 1
25 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Correct Mac.  They wont struggle.  Our D is..........goo

38 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

So now they'll score 36 instead of 38?

Will be glorious if Myles breaks out of his drought, especially if we predominantly bring only 4. I’m expecting some push from the middle as well. KC will score, but hopefully we can hold them to a few FGs and get a couple loose or tipped balls. 

First downs early, establish LOS dominance, develop the playaction/boots, and SCREENS. Execution.

Let’s go Browns!

Edited by Bobcat10
4 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Will be glorious if Myles breaks out of his drought, especially if we predominantly bring only 4. I’m expecting some push from the middle as well. KC will score, but hopefully we can hold them to a few FGs and get a couple loose or tipped balls. 

First downs early, establish LOS dominance, develop the playaction/boots, and SCREENS. Execution.

Let’s go Browns!

No pressure. No lucky bounces yet, but we’ve “held” them to a couple FGs.

Nobody is ballin on the offensive side but Baker. Early in the game they were daring us to pass. Wish we moved Baker around more. Terrible execution for the most part. 

Totally stiffed at the end of the half. Disgusting display by the officiating crew.

Let’s go Browns!

Great season for you guys.  Oh so close to making it to the AFCCG.  Tough loss, but this team is on the rise. Stefanski did a great job this season.  Hope your team makes it further in the coming seasons. :yes: 

• Like 2

In a very tough division and the schedule will be a lot tougher next year you won't be playing the NFC East.  No lock the Browns even get back to the playoffs next year.  When Mahomes went down this was their chance to win.  Higgins fumble was huge you can't make that kind of mistake vs the defending champions and then despite that because Mahomes was out you had the ball with 8 mins left down 5 needing to go length of the field to get the win.  If you had told me before the game the Browns would be down 5 with 8 mins left with the ball I would have taken that 100 times out of 100.  They couldn't get anything going on the most important drive of the season.  Got 1 first down and then -1 yard run, incomplete pass and then 2 yard pass.  Punt.

Henne on 3rd and 14 not being able to contain him........blowing 2 timeouts.  

Will all be haunting all offseason. 

Once Mahomes was out we should have been playing as up tempo as possible adding possessions to the game.

Instead we were lazily taking all the clock.  Even when Baker called time out he was waiting for the play clock to run down to 1.  That is NOT the crap you do when down 5.  So frustrating.

When we had the ball with 8 minutes left I said we have two more possessions.  Well, it turned I to one because of that stupid lazy pace.  

The higgins play was huge.  The complete opposite of the play of the year.  However if that play doesnt happen does mahomes get hurt?  Who knows.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Dez said:

Will all be haunting all offseason. 

Really? Maybe it’s because I’ve been through it a few times already but not for me. Disappointed that we didn’t advance? Sure but won’t think too much about yesterday’s game in the grand scheme of things other than the Browns were in it up till the end. @amnesiac said it in the game thread, the defense held KC to 22 points. It’s easy to point at them but I feel like they did what they had to do, the offense just never got into a rhythm. I’m as good as I can be with a loss, never expected them to make the playoffs this year anyhow.

Great season!!!! Finally excited for an off season with these guys that doesn’t involve a high draft pick and/or performing a coaching search. The offense could use a few tweaks but I think we have our system. Defense needs a lot of work but we knew that coming into this season and with the staff in place, I’m pretty confident they will get it right. About as excited for the off-season as I’ve been in almost 2 decades...DECADES! #GoBrowns

• Like 4
On 9/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, Bracie Smathers said:

The rest of the season is about evaluating Baker and the rookie HC at this point. 

That was directly after the first game when we got blown out after no offseason, no mini camp, no regular training camp, no preseason, rookie HC, COVID, losing Delpit right before the season began.

Going into the season ALL of the national prognosticators had us doing nothing, we were ranked 20th in the ESPN rankings of all teams, zero playoff prediction, the season was all about whether or not Baker was thee-guy going forward and what we had at head coach.

Stefanski blew me away and Baker dialed it back/matured as a person and fell in-line with the program.  He started out 'shaky' then Stefanski took things off his plate, emphasized running the ball but began to let the chain out more and more.  Baker really looked good and grew right before our eyes leading up to the playoffs.  

The season far exceeded expectations with Stefanski and Baker, FAR EXCEEDED.

I can't be anything but pleased.  

Plenty of time to pick over what we need to improve but for Gawd sakes three years ago we were a combined 1- 31 AND had Hue Jackson that year and were heading into last season with Freddie Kitchens at HC.  

Does anyone think we are the same ole Browns?  Lol.

• Like 4

Having been a Browns fan my whole life, this is one of the few seasons I've been excited for "next year". I'm old enough to remember the drive, the fumble.. Leaving.. All the horrible coaches and front offices with the rebirth of the team. This year is different. FINALLY. 

They need to spend some capital on linebackers and secondary. And maybe pick up a WR or two along the way, but for the first time in a long time I'm not left wondering "Where the hell do they go from here??"

What a great season. Yeah, it was disappointing they didn't pull that out yesterday, but they far exceeded my expectations and finally it feels like the front office is stable. You can't build a team with regime changes every year.

:clap:

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, top dog said:

They need to spend some capital on linebackers and secondary. And maybe pick up a WR or two along the way, but for the first time in a long time I'm not left wondering "Where the hell do they go from here??"

I wouldn't get your hopes up for LB. CB, absolutely. And I am preparing for some WR room shake up's. Need a lot more speed on that unit to level up this offense. 

Just now, MAC_32 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for LB. CB, absolutely. And I am preparing for some WR room shake up's. Need a lot more speed on that unit to level up this offense. 

I agree. Someone said in the game thread that the Browns WRs were as exciting as a riding lawn mower. :lmao:

They have to shore up that defense though. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but that secondary and linebacker corps need some help. I was high on Greedy when they drafted him, but he just can't stay healthy. The good news IMO is they aren't in need of a complete overhaul anywhere. A couple of right fit pieces will do wonders for any of their need positions.

26 minutes ago, top dog said:

I agree. Someone said in the game thread that the Browns WRs were as exciting as a riding lawn mower. :lmao:

They have to shore up that defense though. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but that secondary and linebacker corps need some help. I was high on Greedy when they drafted him, but he just can't stay healthy. The good news IMO is they aren't in need of a complete overhaul anywhere. A couple of right fit pieces will do wonders for any of their need positions.

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

• Like 1

First time in a long time that I'm not thinking about the first round draft pick or a new coaching search in January.  

This team had a great season and gives a lot of hope/optimism moving into next year.  They kept it close with the Chiefs.  Enjoyed the ride, even with the loss. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Peak said:

First time in a long time that I'm not thinking about the first round draft pick or a new coaching search in January.  

This team had a great season and gives a lot of hope/optimism moving into next year.  They kept it close with the Chiefs.  Enjoyed the ride, even with the loss. 

It's refreshing that March matters more than April. 

• Like 2

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  

33 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.