Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

33 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

6 minutes ago, top dog said:

I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

I agree. I think an ideal scenario is Landry restructures, we keep Beckham, replace Higgins with someone like Perriman in March, and add someone like Nico Collins in April. 

4 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

I thought Beckham's clean break was after next season....it's right now?  

Hats off to the Browns for a great season. Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it. I thought the Chiefs did some really good things, but I also think the Browns did some really good things.

The Chiefs obviously were fortunate on the fumble at the goal line and the non-call of that hit. 

And truth be told - they were fortunate to win that game, period. After that interception by you guys, I fully expected Stefanski to just run, run, run that whole drive to win the game. And I do believe he tried to do that.  But the Chiefs D stepped up when it mattered most.

The Browns are a good team. They are going to be a good thing moving forward. I really like Stefanski as a coach - it seems like finally they have someone and a LOT of pieces in place to build on this. 

They are an easy team to root for, that's for sure. And fun to watch. A nice mix of old-school and some new age swagger. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, amnesiac said:

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  

First, congrats on a great season, guys.

Second, DPJ looks like a find. He can stretch the field with his speed, he seems to have good field awareness, and has size for miles. All in all, it's a heck of a package you guys got in the late rounds. I heard Perriman mentioned, but Perriman is always hurt. Was for the Jets even on a prove-it deal. The ony time he's been with it was for a brief time in Tampa. Might want to see what DPJ has before looking elsewhere.

Anyway, that's my take on brief watching of your team. Congrats again -- you were one bad call away from an AFCCG with Buffalo. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Hats off to the Browns for a great season. Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it. I thought the Chiefs did some really good things, but I also think the Browns did some really good things.

The Chiefs obviously were fortunate on the fumble at the goal line and the non-call of that hit. 

And truth be told - they were fortunate to win that game, period. After that interception by you guys, I fully expected Stefanski to just run, run, run that whole drive to win the game. And I do believe he tried to do that.  But the Chiefs D stepped up when it mattered most.

The Browns are a good team. They are going to be a good thing moving forward. I really like Stefanski as a coach - it seems like finally they have someone and a LOT of pieces in place to build on this. 

They are an easy team to root for, that's for sure. And fun to watch. A nice mix of old-school and some new age swagger. 

1. You...get out
  2. Congrat's on the win, good game
  3. now GTFO
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it.

First, everyone hopes Patrick is ok but I fear he may not be ready by this weekend.

It was a weird game but you guys came out and dominated early so IMHO you earned the win.

Lots of time to game plan, bringing up the safeties to seal the edge shut down the run game in the first half.  Pressuring from the outside, again with the safeties was a big time move since Baker had been toasting the blitz.  Then the big call to ice the game at the end.

I went to school at CU with Beinemy and I think EB should be an NFL HC.  

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, rockaction said:

DPJ looks like a find. He can stretch the field with his speed, he seems to have good field awareness, and has size for miles. All in all, it's a heck of a package you guys got in the late rounds. I heard Perriman mentioned, but Perriman is always hurt. Was for the Jets even on a prove-it deal. The ony time he's been with it was for a brief time in Tampa. Might want to see what DPJ has before looking elsewhere.

I don't agree. This team needs perimeter weapons that stretch the defense vertically to open things up for everyone else and DPJ can't do that. Not right now anyway. This is where Beckham was sorely missed. If DPJ proves otherwise next season then adjust for '22, but he's to be treated as a #4 or #5 next season. 

Perriman had a good cameo here that he turned into that shot in Tampa. Now that he flopped in New York I expect him to be priced accordingly, which is why I mentioned him. He is interchangeable with any other wide receiver that can stretch defenses vertically. 

24 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I am just sad.

don’t be.  the Browns appear to have a QB and a HC.  

they are entering what I would dare to call a “Super Bowl Window”.  

it’s a great place to be.  

• Like 3

once they start paying Mayfield, I’d be surprised if they don’t just start drafting WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round every year and never paying any of them.  

ala Rogers and the Packers.  

what's to be sad about?

one blown call away from a completely different game. and it wasnt minor. it was a blatently horrendous non-call.

and ya, we had chances after, but we were up against the REIGNING SB CHAMPS. Not some scrubs.

They know how to pull out these wins, and we still came within a sniff of the W.

i can't wait for the offseason... really cant wait for september

Cleveland's gonna be the favorite to win the AFCN next year, and it won't be like two years ago when it was wishful thinking. 

They'll also probably be - at worst-  the 3rd favorite in the AFC to advance to the SB.

The talent base is there. Keep tweaking and shoring up areas of weakness. Draft good players, sprinkle in FAs to fill holes, and go from there.

The Browns beat the snot out of their nemesis and took the champs to the wire. They shouldn't be afraid of any team going forward.

The future's bright, friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to admit, I was a little peeved to see the helmet to helmet call made in yesterday's game.  Feels like everyone other than CLE gets that call every time.  

Watching the Bills/KC game, I have to think if CLE beat KC, then they would've beaten the Bills.  Buffalo just didn't look good out there.  KC was running the same couple of plays over and over and Buffalo couldn't stop them.  I know we crap on CLE's defense a lot with the soft coverage, but man, they at least held KC to under 30 pts and only lost by 5.  They did their job against a very high powered offense.  Gives me a little optimism going into next year, depending on who leaves for FA, who's retained, and what new toys Berry brings in for the new year.

9 minutes ago, Peak said:

Gives me a little optimism going into next year, depending on who leaves for FA, who's retained, and what new toys Berry brings in for the new year.

We're in a great spot going into 2021. It's gonna be a bumpy couple of months, we aren't going to fill every hole, and there will be some unpopular moves but this team will be substantially better in May than it was last May.

• Like 1

this item from Peter King's column this morning:

2. HANK AARON AND THE BROWNS. The man who broke Babe Ruth’s career home-run record, once thought unbreakable died Friday in Atlanta. Aaron was a huge Cleveland Browns fan. So huge that he used to buy single tickets in the Dawg Pound (the end zone with the crazy fans), fly from his Atlanta home to Cleveland on three or four Sunday mornings every autumn, bundle up, sit anonymously and alone in the stands, and fly back to Atlanta Sunday evening. Who knew? Ernie Accorsi, the GM of the Browns in the eighties, did. One summer day in 1986, at Browns training camp in Kirtland, Ohio, Accorsi thought he spied Aaron behind the ropes, watching practice with fans. Accorsi, a huge baseball fan, sidled up near Aaron and introduced himself. “I know you!” Aaron said. “It’s an honor to meet you.” That started a relationship that Accorsi, of course, was thrilled to have. “He told me he sat in the Dawg Pound, alone, for games, and I told him, ‘Hank, we can get you better seats than that.’ He said, ‘I don’t want ‘em. I love sitting there.’ “

Accorsi said Aaron became a Browns fan early in life because they were the first team, under Paul Brown, to sign and feature black stars—Bill Willis, Marion Motley, Len Ford, all of whom earned busts in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Aaron subscribed to the Cleveland Plain Dealer by mail to follow the team during the season. And once every week or 10 days, Accorsi’s phone would ring, and Aaron would want some scoop on his team. “He’s everything everybody has said about him,” Accorsi said. “A gentleman. Completely humble. And he loved his Browns.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...