Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Problem with my MS Word - Must register,

fissure man

I installed my software on my work laptop. When I try to register it, it says that this software is already installed on another cpu. yadda, yadda, yadda. The problem is, I can't get on that other laptop anymore since my kids used it as a step stool. Now it will turn on, but says " No operating system found" and I can't find my XP disk for that cpu.

So I'm almost out of trial uses (down to 3) and I really need to use word for my work. Anybody know how I can get around this or if it's possible?

TIA my :unsure: 's!

I installed my software on my work laptop. When I try to register it, it says that this software is already installed on another cpu. yadda, yadda, yadda. The problem is, I can't get on that other laptop anymore since my kids used it as a step stool. Now it will turn on, but says " No operating system found" and I can't find my XP disk for that cpu.So I'm almost out of trial uses (down to 3) and I really need to use word for my work. Anybody know how I can get around this or if it's possible? TIA my :lmao: 's!

call microsoft. seriously.

I installed my software on my work laptop. When I try to register it, it says that this software is already installed on another cpu. yadda, yadda, yadda. The problem is, I can't get on that other laptop anymore since my kids used it as a step stool. Now it will turn on, but says " No operating system found" and I can't find my XP disk for that cpu.So I'm almost out of trial uses (down to 3) and I really need to use word for my work. Anybody know how I can get around this or if it's possible? TIA my :thumbup: 's!

:popcorn: Tell them your issue (busted PC, moving to laptop) and they will get you set up.

Use Open Office

:lmao:
Oh awesome. Will my clients need to download anything to view the open office files I send them?Thanks for the replies people! :thumbup:
Clients won't have to do anything You just do a file save as and select Microsoft Word - you can even set that as the default type.

I installed my software on my work laptop. When I try to register it, it says that this software is already installed on another cpu. yadda, yadda, yadda. The problem is, I can't get on that other laptop anymore since my kids used it as a step stool. Now it will turn on, but says " No operating system found" and I can't find my XP disk for that cpu.So I'm almost out of trial uses (down to 3) and I really need to use word for my work. Anybody know how I can get around this or if it's possible? TIA my :nerd: 's!

:shrug: Tell them your issue (busted PC, moving to laptop) and they will get you set up.
I always thought that a copy of Office is licensed to you for your one specific PC, not to you in general, no? Meaning that if your PC goes boom, and you registered that copy of software to the PC, you're SOL and you have to buy a new copy of office for your new PC.My "story" was always that my hard-drive went bad on the old PC...hence it was still registered to my old PC. I may have been overthinking it, but maybe not. If you really can move copies, why wouldn't I just tell them this every time I get a new PC instead of buying a new copy of Office?

I installed my software on my work laptop. When I try to register it, it says that this software is already installed on another cpu. yadda, yadda, yadda. The problem is, I can't get on that other laptop anymore since my kids used it as a step stool. Now it will turn on, but says " No operating system found" and I can't find my XP disk for that cpu.So I'm almost out of trial uses (down to 3) and I really need to use word for my work. Anybody know how I can get around this or if it's possible? TIA my :nerd: 's!

:shrug: Tell them your issue (busted PC, moving to laptop) and they will get you set up.
I always thought that a copy of Office is licensed to you for your one specific PC, not to you in general, no? Meaning that if your PC goes boom, and you registered that copy of software to the PC, you're SOL and you have to buy a new copy of office for your new PC.My "story" was always that my hard-drive went bad on the old PC...hence it was still registered to my old PC. I may have been overthinking it, but maybe not. If you really can move copies, why wouldn't I just tell them this every time I get a new PC instead of buying a new copy of Office?
you can. Windows is basically one specific PC, almost all MS Office licenses can be moved (not shared) between PCs.

:yes: Tell them your issue (busted PC, moving to laptop) and they will get you set up.
you can. Windows is basically one specific PC, almost all MS Office licenses can be moved (not shared) between PCs.
:thumbup: This is GOOD to know. I might be moving a copy of Office tonight then!

I installed my software on my work laptop. When I try to register it, it says that this software is already installed on another cpu. yadda, yadda, yadda. The problem is, I can't get on that other laptop anymore since my kids used it as a step stool. Now it will turn on, but says " No operating system found" and I can't find my XP disk for that cpu.So I'm almost out of trial uses (down to 3) and I really need to use word for my work. Anybody know how I can get around this or if it's possible? TIA my :thumbup: 's!

:yes: Tell them your issue (busted PC, moving to laptop) and they will get you set up.
To my knowledge, there are 3 different ways to buy Office.If you buy a PC with Office Pre-Installed, the license is tied to that machine and legally cannot be transferredIf you buy a retail copy of Office, it can be installed X number of times before it will no longer accept the license number.If you buy an Open License, it can be transferred indefinitely.

Archived