Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2018 Baltimore Orioles Thread*** Pitching Can’t Get Any Worse

Wow.  It has been over year since the last post.

The Orioles finally have something to be excited about.  They have called up three of their rookies.

Montcastle is hitting over his first 15 games.  His bat looks legit.  Of course, that is a really small sample size.

Keegan Akin has made two start and has looked good.

Dean Kremer started Sunday and looked good.

Akin and Kremer are not even the top of the line prospects.  If they can stick in the rotation for a while, things will look a bit better.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 11:39 PM, simsarge said:

Some nice advancements this year. How much longer do they need to suffer through the Chris Davis contact?

I am hoping this is the last year.

I did read that Davis is likely to be in training camp next year.  The shortened season this year provided some salary relief for the Orioles.  So if next year is shortened, they could get some extra salary relief.

15 hours ago, Marvelous said:

I am hoping this is the last year.

I did read that Davis is likely to be in training camp next year.  The shortened season this year provided some salary relief for the Orioles.  So if next year is shortened, they could get some extra salary relief.

For whatever reason I thought it ended next year and had to look it up. TWO more years, and if it plays out as whole years played, $43M :yucky:. I don't see a scenario where he says "Nah, I've got enough millions, just call me on Chris Davis bobblehead day when you're going to retire my number"

• 5 months later...

I read that there is a possibility of a work stoppage next year due to labor negotiations.  If that happens, it could provide salary relief for the Orioles.  That means Chris Davis will be with the Orioles until they definitely know there will not be a work stoppage.  

Davis has been put on the 60 day IL, which makes managing the roster a little easier.

• 1 month later...

One Oriole pitcher is doing really well.  John Means just pitched a no hitter.  And he is one batter, who reached on a dropped 3rd strike, from a perfect game.

John Means has been one of the best pitchers in baseball so far this year.

Edited by Marvelous

• 4 weeks later...