Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Pulling out random body hairs

Buckfast 1

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

About a year or two ago, I developed this habit of pulling out pinchfuls of hair from random spots on my body. I'm not talking about just a single deviant black hair, I'm talking like a nice pinch of about 2-10 hairs. I generally pull out hair from my neck, shoulders, back, inner thighs, pubic region, balls, and taint. I don't do anything crazy like scalp or eyebrows though.

I'm not exactly sure why I do it. I don't really feel compelled to do for any specific reason, I just kind of like the way it feels and it gives me something to do when I'm bored as opposed to just your typical ball fondling.

Apparently, behavior similar to this is classified as a mental disorder called "trichotillomania," which is characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows, or other body hair.

How abnormal is my behavior? Am I a full-blown Trichotillomaniac? Does anyone else do this on a semi-regular basis? Do I need help?

About a year or two ago, I developed this habit of pulling out pinchfuls of hair from random spots on my body. I'm not talking about just a single deviant black hair, I'm talking like a nice pinch of about 2-10 hairs. I generally pull out hair from my neck, shoulders, back, inner thighs, pubic region, balls, and taint. I don't do anything crazy like scalp or eyebrows though.

I'm not exactly sure why I do it. I don't really feel compelled to do for any specific reason, I just kind of like the way it feels and it gives me something to do when I'm bored as opposed to just your typical ball fondling.

Apparently, behavior similar to this is classified as a mental disorder called "trichotillomania," which is characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows, or other body hair.

How abnormal is my behavior? Am I a full-blown Trichotillomaniac? Does anyone else do this on a semi-regular basis? Do I need help?

The bolded parts are a little strange.

I got into a habit of playing with my sideburn hairs a lot maybe like 6-7 years ago. Kind of pulled on them, not intending to pull them out, but eventually some would come out. I can still rock sideburns, but teh hair is thin in a couple places.

Quit doing that, and do sort of the same thing with my chin hair.

Never had the urge to pull out hair anywhere else. Pulling out ballhair sounds painful

ETA: I voted yes since that seems to be the most accurate answer for myself, but you sound like a full-on trichotillomaniac my man

Hmm, yeah. I had a feeling someone might say that. But, honestly, there are few feelings more satisfying than a handful full of taint hair.

Hmm, yeah. I had a feeling someone might say that. But, honestly, there are few feelings more satisfying than a handful full of taint hair.
How satisfying is the aroma of your taint-fingers?

I got into a habit of playing with my sideburn hairs a lot maybe like 6-7 years ago. Kind of pulled on them, not intending to pull them out, but eventually some would come out. I can still rock sideburns, but teh hair is thin in a couple places.

Quit doing that, and do sort of the same thing with my chin hair.

Never had the urge to pull out hair anywhere else. Pulling out ballhair sounds painful

ETA: I voted yes since that seems to be the most accurate answer for myself, but you sound like a full-on trichotillomaniac my man

You gotta admit, trichotillomaniac does have a nice ring to it. That could be a sweet band name. Now introducing, the Trichotillomaniacs!

How satisfying is the aroma of your taint-fingers?
So satisfying that I can't resist not smelling. This is how I often get caught in the act of pulling. Either that or the pesky "rrriiiiip" sound that hairs make when being torn from human flesh.

I'm not exactly sure why I do it. I don't really feel compelled to do for any specific reason, I just kind of like the way it feels and it gives me something to do when I'm bored as opposed to just yourtypical ball fondling.

Pulling out hair is preferable to fondling your own balls?

I'm not exactly sure why I do it. I don't really feel compelled to do for any specific reason, I just kind of like the way it feels and it gives me something to do when I'm bored as opposed to just yourtypical ball fondling.

Sure. At least you have something else to show for it. When you fondle your balls, you're left with nothing but greasy ball residue. When you pull hair, you get a handful of hair in addition to greasy ball residue. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of ball fondling going on between hair pulls. It's the best of both worlds.

i do this too. i pull my nose hairs out too.

I just discovered the nose hair pulling in the last month. It is definitely one of my favorite spots to hit up. I challenge anyone to reach the tips of their finger up into their nose, pull out whatever you can grasp, and then look me in the eye and tell me that some part of you didn't enjoy it.

I just discovered the nose hair pulling in the last month. It is definitely one of my favorite spots to hit up. I challenge anyone to reach the tips of their finger up into their nose, pull out whatever you can grasp, and then look me in the eye and tell me that some part of you didn't enjoy it.
that #### will make your eyes water.

I do this, too. Eyebrows, ears, nose. Though for Christmas I got a hair clipper set that included a nose/ear trimmer so really now it's just down to eyebrow pulling as a compulsion.

Never been a groin/nads/taint puller, though. I keep that area nice and trimmed so there's not much to pull out.

....if you are prepubescent little girl.

Do they even have nose hair :pickle:

Do they even have nose hair :shrug:
Good question. Where's Homer J?Honestly, I've found that the pain sensation of pulling hairs has lessened somewhat with me over time. Now, it's just the perfect balance of pain and pleasure.

if there's grass on the field....

if there's grass on the field....
if there's grass in the hole, go for the pull...Does anyone have the number for Trichotillomaniacs Anonymous?

About a year or two ago, I developed this habit of pulling out pinchfuls of hair from random spots on my body. I'm not talking about just a single deviant black hair, I'm talking like a nice pinch of about 2-10 hairs. I generally pull out hair from my neck, shoulders, back, inner thighs, pubic region, balls, and taint. I don't do anything crazy like scalp or eyebrows though. I'm not exactly sure why I do it. I don't really feel compelled to do for any specific reason, I just kind of like the way it feels and it gives me something to do when I'm bored as opposed to just your typical ball fondling. Apparently, behavior similar to this is classified as a mental disorder called "trichotillomania," which is characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows, or other body hair. How abnormal is my behavior? Am I a full-blown Trichotillomaniac? Does anyone else do this on a semi-regular basis? Do I need help?

You are indeed a trichotillomaniac, but not crazy. Professional help is often sought and extremely helpful. CBT is usually used.

Am I a full-blown Trichotillomaniac? Does anyone else do this on a semi-regular basis? Do I need help?

Sure. At least you have something else to show for it. When you fondle your balls, you're left with nothing but greasy ball residue. When you pull hair, you get a handful of hair in addition to greasy ball residue. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of ball fondling going on between hair pulls. It's the best of both worlds.
OK, I can see your point. Personally, I'm going to stick to fondling my balls, but I'm nonjudgemental about hair pullers.

guilty

• 1 month later...

Who writes about this openly? People can easily tie your face to your post. Unfortunately, Chad's desire to pull out his pubic hairs is one of the many reasons we broke up. Turns out pulling out pubes gives you ingrown hairs and constant zit like areas in that region... not very appealing. I am appalled that he would post anything like this. How embarrassing. I apologize on his behalf.

Glad to see that there are decent, normal guys out there who don't do this. He told me it was normal and all guys did it.

Who writes about this openly? People can easily tie your face to your post. Unfortunately, Chad's desire to pull out his pubic hairs is one of the many reasons we broke up. Turns out pulling out pubes gives you ingrown hairs and constant zit like areas in that region... not very appealing. I am appalled that he would post anything like this. How embarrassing. I apologize on his behalf.

Glad to see that there are decent, normal guys out there who don't do this. He told me it was normal and all guys did it.

Um...

About a year or two ago, I developed this habit of pulling out pinchfuls of hair from random spots on my body. I'm not talking about just a single deviant black hair, I'm talking like a nice pinch of about 2-10 hairs. I generally pull out hair from my neck, shoulders, back, inner thighs, pubic region, balls, and taint. I don't do anything crazy like scalp or eyebrows though. I'm not exactly sure why I do it. I don't really feel compelled to do for any specific reason, I just kind of like the way it feels and it gives me something to do when I'm bored as opposed to just your typical ball fondling. Apparently, behavior similar to this is classified as a mental disorder called "trichotillomania," which is characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows, or other body hair. How abnormal is my behavior? Am I a full-blown Trichotillomaniac? Does anyone else do this on a semi-regular basis? Do I need help?

You are indeed a trichotillomaniac, but not crazy. Professional help is often sought and extremely helpful. CBT is usually used.
Yep, it's a compulsive-obsessive disorder. I yank nasal hairs and ear hairs. Beyond that sort of "grooming", it's not considered... well, normal. I knew a woman with a bald spot on the top of her head, turns out she was pulling on it so much, she got thin on top. She did it without even realizing it. As for me... I get no pleasure out of it at all. I just think ear and nasal hair looks pretty gross. Besides that, they get itchy. I trim my eyebrows. Sucks getting old... grow hair where you don't want it, lose it where you do.

How did this purse girl get her joining date so incognito?!

I think she's legit and actually the ex-GF of buckfast.

:goodposting:

I take it you are one of the unlucky few who pull.

Guest awesomeness

what did you end up doing with the collegehumor winnings?

what did you end up doing with the collegehumor winnings?
Sadly, I didn't win. I came in second place. It was a close fight thanks to the help I got here. I did get a t-shirt out of the deal.

Sadly, I didn't win. I came in second place. It was a close fight thanks to the help I got here. I did get a t-shirt out of the deal.

:confused: or it didn't happen.

btw, I love it when people get busted. In mutiple threads no less. :)

Archived