What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper league input wanted (1 Viewer)

Man In The Box

Footballguy
Some knowledgeable guys here. I need some feedback here on who I should keep for next season. This is a 12 team 5X5 league where you keep 3 players. The only catch is you can only keep players for one year. I've been going back and forth with who I should keep. Keep in mind that we start two players at each infield position (including catcher), five OFs, five SPs, and 2 RPs. Here is my roster:

C

M. Wieters

M. Montero

1B

M. Cabrera

B. Butler

2B

F. Sanchez

H. Kendrick

SS

A. Escobar

E. Cabrera

3B

G. Beckham

K. Kouzmanoff

E. Encarnacion

OF

M. Holliday

M. Kemp

J. Bay

I. Suzuki

A. McCutchen

C. Hart

SP

F. Hernandez

Z. Grienke

C. Hamels

J. Peavy

J. Marquis

M. Garza

J. Niemann

RP

M. Rivera

J. Nathan

At the moment, I'm leaning toward keeping Miguel Cabrera, Felix Hernandez, and Zack Grienke. I hate letting Kemp go, but OFs aren't at as much of a premium as other positions in this league, especially starting pitchers. I also may have a chance to draft Kemp anyway. Thoughts?

Call me crazy but I like Grienke more than Felix. I would definitely keep Miggy and one of the SPs. The 3rd one comes down to the other SP and Kemp. Starting 60 OFs and 60 SPs (2 each per team), SP is definitely going to go deeper, but there are more late-round SPs that are good than there are OFs. So I'd keep Kemp anyway.

Matthias said:
I would keep Cabrera, Holliday, and Kemp.Power outfielders who aren't awful in other categories are much, much thinner this year than you would think.
:goodposting: I hate keeping top-tier pitchers. Too much churn from year to year. That said, I have nothing against Felix or Grienke over Holliday if you feel you need to keep a pitcher.

Is it a daily transaction league, is there an innings or starts cap? With so few pitchers per team, you could try for 5 starts a day practically. Place first in wins and Ks, competitive in the other pitching cats. Then load up on offense.

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Much appreciated. :wub:

Is it a daily transaction league, is there an innings or starts cap? With so few pitchers per team, you could try for 5 starts a day practically. Place first in wins and Ks, competitive in the other pitching cats. Then load up on offense.
We can change our lineups daily, however we only get 2 pitching moves per week. Offensive moves are unlimited. There is not an innings or starts cap, but there is a weekly innings minimum. It's 20 innings, IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthias said:
I would keep Cabrera, Holliday, and Kemp.Power outfielders who aren't awful in other categories are much, much thinner this year than you would think.
:goodposting: I hate keeping top-tier pitchers. Too much churn from year to year. That said, I have nothing against Felix or Grienke over Holliday if you feel you need to keep a pitcher.
If you are keeping a pitcher you are basically saying that they are someone you'd take in the first 3 rounds. I'd have a difficult time doing that in a 12 team league if that pitcher is not named Lincecum. It is a lot easier to pick up pitchers off the WW or late in the draft than it is to find batters that are 5-cat contributers like Kemp and Holliday. You'll be much more likely to be able to get either Greinke or Felix back in the draft or an equivalent than you are to get Kemp or Holliday. Only way you get either of them in the draft is if you have a really early pick.

I ended up keeping Kemp, Cabrera, and Holliday. I had a pretty solid draft. I'm a little weak at catcher. I may need to trade for some speed. My outfield and starting pitching are probably the best in the league.

C

G Soto

K Shoppach

1B

K Youkilis

M Cabrera

2B

G Beckham

O Hudson

K Johnson

3B

A Beltre