Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Reggie Brown traded to the Bucs (3/8/2010)

Will be interested to see who has more drops in 2010 in Tampa, Brown or Clayton.

One will likely not be on the team.Worth a semi-worthless draft choice a year from now just to take a look at him. Had some talent at one time, maybe a change of scenery will do him well. Bucs have 5 choices in the top-99. I would wager they spend two of them on wideouts. Along with Stroughter, Stovall (special teams) that leaves one spot for the Brown/Clayton duo of suck.

Will be interested to see who has more drops in 2010 in Tampa, Brown or Clayton.

One will likely not be on the team.Worth a semi-worthless draft choice a year from now just to take a look at him. Had some talent at one time, maybe a change of scenery will do him well. Bucs have 5 choices in the top-99. I would wager they spend two of them on wideouts. Along with Stroughter, Stovall (special teams) that leaves one spot for the Brown/Clayton duo of suck.
Sometimes I wonder if NFL GMs lag behind fantasy football players or visa versa. When is reggie brown going to die? The eagles did well to get a shot at a young talent for brown.

2 of 5 spots with all the holes on that team, are you serious?

One will likely not be on the team.

Worth a semi-worthless draft choice a year from now just to take a look at him. Had some talent at one time, maybe a change of scenery will do him well.

Bucs have 5 choices in the top-99. I would wager they spend two of them on wideouts. Along with Stroughter, Stovall (special teams) that leaves one spot for the Brown/Clayton duo of suck.

Whether "fantasy" or not, I couldn't think of a worse grouping of talent at the WR position than those poor souls you just listed. You could expand the NFL to 100 teams and the collective sucktitude of the individuals mentioned could not make up a worse group of WRs than that crap factory.

2 of 5 spots with all the holes on that team, are you serious?
1st is almost definitely going to DT. One of the second-rounders will be a wideout. Other maybe a safety or rush end. I definitely think the third or fourth will be a wideout. They have no holes more pressing on this team than a playmaking wide receiver.Defensively, when they went back to the Tampa 2 they got by ok. Offensively they are set at QB, somewhat set at OL and TE and have an ok-ish group of RBs. WR is definitely a more pressing need. Of course if they trade for somebody or pick up somebody viable this goes out the window.

Worth a semi-worthless draft choice a year from now just to take a look at him. Had some talent at one time, maybe a change of scenery will do him well.

Bucs have 5 choices in the top-99. I would wager they spend two of them on wideouts. Along with Stroughter, Stovall (special teams) that leaves one spot for the Brown/Clayton duo of suck.

Whether "fantasy" or not, I couldn't think of a worse grouping of talent at the WR position than those poor souls you just listed. You could expand the NFL to 100 teams and the collective sucktitude of the individuals mentioned could not make up a worse group of WRs than that crap factory.
That's why I think they will be spending some quality draft choices on that position.

:goodposting:

:lmao:

Wake me up when we land a #1 WR.

Do you expect one to just fall in our lap? Things that are broken like this was don't get rebuilt in a day. This ####in' city just celebrated a Super Bowl 7 years ago and these idiot thankless fans can't sit through a few years of rebuilding (not you, people in general). I love the sports teams here, but if all these braindead fans just walked off the pier I wouldn't shed so much as a tear.

Not sure what happened to Brown. He started off well, developed into what seemed to be a nice #2 NFL caliber WR, then dropped off tremendously. He earned a 2nd contract from the frugal Eagles so there was something there that they liked. Always struck me as a poor man's Marvin Harrison type potentially, not break away speed but could create seperation with route running. He started dropping some passes and along came a dynamic playmaker in DeSean Jackson and Brown went to the bench, at times even de-activated due to the fact that he doesn't play special teams. Maybe its a confidence thing and a change of scenery will help him. Either way IMO it was well worth it for Tampa to send a meaningless pick for a guy that should upgrade the position considering the "collective suckitude" :goodposting: currently.

May have to borrow that for a fantasy team name this year... :goodposting:

In seriousness, though, I just can't see how this could work out for the Bucs, as the complete underachievement he exhibited in Philly would be very difficult to turn around, especially if he is being "counted on" as a "starting" wideout. But, gotta give TB credit for at least bringing someone in at this point, as options available to them are limited...

The best guy on the FA market is the guy you let go. The closest thing to a #1 when healthy [i think he is a 1 when fully healthy] that was available for nothing. I don't blame them for not bringing in Boldin/Marshall -- it's going to be a rough few years regardless.

Tell us how you really feel

I'm gravitating to both sides of the spectrum. Does Brown suck (great trade for PHI) or does the WR market suck(bad trade for TB)? Steer me to righteousness.

The WR market right now is horrendous. From what I've read (rumor only) is that Boldin would have cost more to go to an NFC team and Marshall can't be had without a first, or maybe a high second. So, the Bucs have to find other ways.Their wideouts are bad, but Stroughter showed some talent last year, they likely will take a WR at pick 35 and they still have Winslow who had a great year. They'll be able to move the ball.

I don't see why Bryant shouldn't be an option for Tampa Bay in the draft. Obviously it depends what they do between and now and then, but WR appears to be a glaring need for them, especially with a young QB like Freeman.

I can't believe the Eagles actually got something for Reggie Brown - nice

I can't believe the Eagles kept him on their roster all last year.
cap hit? Maybe wanted to trade him this year where the "cap hit" does not matter...Brown has had plays where he looks really good - then he'll have plays he looks horrible.Eagles are getting kind of thin at Wr though - do they have anyone after Avant? I still wish they'd have kept Baskett.

cap hit? Maybe wanted to trade him this year where the "cap hit" does not matter...Brown has had plays where he looks really good - then he'll have plays he looks horrible.Eagles are getting kind of thin at Wr though - do they have anyone after Avant? I still wish they'd have kept Baskett.
I believe Curtis is still on the roster.

I believe Curtis is still on the roster.
Still trying to figure out why he is too, he has to be making decent money.

Bucs would be 41 million under the cap. Predictable trade for a #5 WR for the Bucs. Their commitment to not picking up ANY free agents and saving as much :shrug: as possible is impressive. Brown will crush Clayton.

Do you expect one to just fall in our lap? Things that are broken like this was don't get rebuilt in a day. This ####in' city just celebrated a Super Bowl 7 years ago and these idiot thankless fans can't sit through a few years of rebuilding (not you, people in general). I love the sports teams here, but if all these braindead fans just walked off the pier I wouldn't shed so much as a tear.
I would expect us to at least inquire about players. When Bruce was here we were interested in every FA even when we were strapped for cash. There is no harm in visiting with players and agents. Tampa should be interested in every FA WR at this point.

Not sure what happened to Brown. He started off well, developed into what seemed to be a nice #2 NFL caliber WR, then dropped off tremendously. He earned a 2nd contract from the frugal Eagles so there was something there that they liked. Always struck me as a poor man's Marvin Harrison type potentially, not break away speed but could create seperation with route running. He started dropping some passes and along came a dynamic playmaker in DeSean Jackson and Brown went to the bench, at times even de-activated due to the fact that he doesn't play special teams. Maybe its a confidence thing and a change of scenery will help him. Either way IMO it was well worth it for Tampa to send a meaningless pick for a guy that should upgrade the position considering the "collective suckitude" :lmao: currently.

Rumor has it the Bucs weren't happy with Antonio Bryants route running last season and believe he was responsible for enough of Freemans INT's that he was worth letting walk. Maybe route running is going to start taking president in Olsens system.

My exact same initial thought...........something is better than nothing.As far as Baskett still being an Eagle..........I don't know, I'd rather the Colts deal with the distraction of a reality show about one of their receivers and his Playboy wife and their new baby..........:shrug:

Tell us how you really feel
LOL...I guess that was harsh. I just think the worst thing you can do to a young QB is not to give him good weapons. Of course having Winslow is wonderful, but I think of a guy like Alex Smith and while there are many things that contributed to his not developing, it couldn't have hurt him to have better options than Lloyd, Battle, etc. We'll never truly know how he would have done with a guy like Crabtree on the roster when he started, but it couldn't have hurt his chances.

I would expect us to at least inquire about players. When Bruce was here we were interested in every FA even when we were strapped for cash. There is no harm in visiting with players and agents. Tampa should be interested in every FA WR at this point.
Any chance that Shanny moves one of the young WRs in Washington? They are not "his guys" and certainly a change of scenary may help out Thomas or Kelly, especially if he likes what he sees in Marko Mitchell. I would think one of those two coupled with a high pick in the draft would do Tampa well. Even a guy like Domenik Hixon (who looks to be behind Smith, Manningham and Nix) would be a decent addition and I doubt it would cost much.

good deal on both sides. The Eagles have a glut at the position and maybe they can pair that 6th with another pick to move up. Any way you slice it, the Bucs receiving core just got better. They don't have one player that does everything well, but now they have:

Clayton - big body, good blocker

Stroughter - tough, good hands, good special teamer

Reggie - good RAC, solid routes

A lot of good teams get by with WRs who only do certain things well. Too many people are down on Brown because of an injury plagued 2008, then losing his job to two very good WRs in 2009. If he were a 3rd round draft pick in 2005 no one would be ripping him.

Any chance that Shanny moves one of the young WRs in Washington? They are not "his guys" and certainly a change of scenary may help out Thomas or Kelly, especially if he likes what he sees in Marko Mitchell. I would think one of those two coupled with a high pick in the draft would do Tampa well. Even a guy like Domenik Hixon (who looks to be behind Smith, Manningham and Nix) would be a decent addition and I doubt it would cost much.
I'm curious to see what kind of relationship Bruce will have with the guy that replaced him, Mark Dominick.

I know it's easy to poke fun at this one, but what's to criticize? Yes, the Bucs need a more proven WR, but, until they find that person, there's no harm in taking a flyer on a guy who was drafted relatively highly, showed good promise in 2 seasons and has since gone quiet. Maybe he can resurrect his career in Tampa, maybe he can't, but there's nothing wrong with giving up a 6th rounder to find out. Look at Antonio Bryant, Thomas Jones, etc. There's a long history of talented guys who were written off, only to make a nice comeback. Maybe the Philly crowds got to Brown -- now he'll get to play in a much quieter atmosphere. In any case -- will he be the comeback player of the year? Probably not. But I don't think the Bucs have much to lose here.

Archived