What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (2 Viewers)

This series is just that...insane. It is more difficult than P90x in the cardio aspect. You will be moving constantly. Where as P90x has lots of strength building exercises with free weights, Insanity is more cardio, body weight centered.

The warm-up for DVD #1 for insanity will likely leave you out of breath.

:lmao:

I am a 60 day P90X graduate :bag: (had to stop for various reasons)... but the fact that you don't need any weights or pull up bars or anything like that has me interested.

I did this Aug-Oct 09. It lives up to its name and then some, but the results are great. I didn't closely follow the diet and still lost close to 20 lbs. Moreover, lost about 4 inches from my waist and my performance in volleyball/basketball notably improved in vertical leap and lateral quickness.

I can't compare it to P90X, other than to say that Insanity was recommended for me over P90 since my goals were inches from waist and athletic performance. Not really concerned about building muscle mass for its own sake, and the sports I play don't make that a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny to watch the people doing the workout with the lead guy, they drop like flies in random times during the workouts. Unlike P90x which is very formal "Look at us we do it perfectly!" He's kicking people off to go get water and people are half assing it all the time.

I'm on week 4 of P90x, but this caught my eye as a possible post-P90x.

So...

:thumbdown:

obtained the set :excited: . I will definitely have to get off my ### and do this before I start hitting the pools around campus this summer :lmao:

i did p90x just about 2 years ago and loved the strength etc that i gained and the loss of body fat.

i started insanity about a month ago. it's actually 9 weeks long (8 workout weeks with a recovery week between 1 and 2).

i did this to get my cardio in shape and to drop a few. well i can at the midpoint, i've dropped more weight then i did with p90x and

i'm burning off a lot more then i did with p90x and the dvds are better IMO. i got a little tired of the push up and pullups in p90x.

i'd recommend it. it came with a good little food idea book and some other useful things to those who actually buy it.

should someone who is 100 pounds plus overweight, old and has asthma even attempt this?
Probably not, I'm in the same boat :bag: and I went with the P90 (not P90X) and I couldn't even get past the whole first 1-2 segment with the Power yoga. Damn you downward dog!! :lmao:

So I just started this yesterday with the Fit Test...did the cardio this morning. Wow, come the third reps of the final set (Basketball, Level 1 Skills, etc), I was gassed. I'm 5-7 165 and looking to shed about 10 pounds and get rid of my spare tire.

Anyway, for somebody that's really not well versed on workout supplements can somebody give me a Cliffs Notes version of what I need to buy and when they should be taken (protein bars, shakes, pills, etc) for maximum recovery (without breaking the bank). I know I'm going to be sore as hell tomorrow.

So I just started this yesterday with the Fit Test...did the cardio this morning. Wow, come the third reps of the final set (Basketball, Level 1 Skills, etc), I was gassed. I'm 5-7 165 and looking to shed about 10 pounds and get rid of my spare tire. Anyway, for somebody that's really not well versed on workout supplements can somebody give me a Cliffs Notes version of what I need to buy and when they should be taken (protein bars, shakes, pills, etc) for maximum recovery (without breaking the bank). I know I'm going to be sore as hell tomorrow.
I was pretty much in the same exact boat as you when I started P90X last summer. I'm 5'8" and before P90X I was at about 165. I got down to 155 after only 2 months of P90X and I've managed to stay in the 155 range ever since (despite not doing anymore of the workouts and my only form of exercise being flag football every weekend).It would be a little difficult to manage protein bars and shakes, without breaking the bank (especially if you want healthy protein bars and shakes).I used Jay Robb's protein bars and protein shakes. The bars are not cheap ($3 each) and the shake powder is pretty expensive as well. But if you're only doing it for 2 months (Insanity schedule), it may be worth it. Jay Robb's products are one of the healthiest options out there and they taste really good.Another alternative recovery drink that I've heard works well is chocolate milk.As far as schedules go, I guess it would depend on when you do your workouts, but I went with early morning workouts, followed by a recovery drink within 15 minutes of finishing a workout. The a protein bar in between breakfast and lunch.Good luck!

Is there any chance to do this if I have a bum knee that can't handle impact exercises? How much impact does the P90 progaram have? I've let myself turn into a fatbody and need something to kick my ### into gear.

So I just started this yesterday with the Fit Test...did the cardio this morning. Wow, come the third reps of the final set (Basketball, Level 1 Skills, etc), I was gassed. I'm 5-7 165 and looking to shed about 10 pounds and get rid of my spare tire. Anyway, for somebody that's really not well versed on workout supplements can somebody give me a Cliffs Notes version of what I need to buy and when they should be taken (protein bars, shakes, pills, etc) for maximum recovery (without breaking the bank). I know I'm going to be sore as hell tomorrow.
100% whey protein, cliff bars (they are awesome), and glutamine are all supplements you should look into.

How long are the workouts?

J
35-45 minutes mostly. But they bust your butt harder than the 1hr+ P90x ones.
Thanks.I've been wondering about this calorie burning stuff. For a 200 pound guy, running an easy 10 minute mile pace, about 20 minutes of jogging burns around 300 calories according to http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just go out and run 40 minutes or so?

J
J,it would be simpler yes. however, not as effective for certain goals. interval training will help you lose weight a lot faster because your body won't plateau anywhere near as fast as just running. also if you continue to run the same way, area, etc your body will become accustom to it rather quickly (30-45 days).

and some of us don't live where it's nice outside all the time. :-)

I did the 1st day workout yesterday....the Fit Test and then I skimmed through some of the other videos. Some thoughts....

The workout is indeed pretty tough, but it's nothing really new and different. It's stuff like jumping squats, planks, power knees, etc. You could really put together a similiar workout and maybe add some sprints in there on your own. Also, I thought it was funny that the trainer, Shaun T., was the same guy from that cheesy video Hip Hop Abs. I don't think he does a great job of motivating you or getting you pumped during the workouts. He actually sounds kind of gay.

I will say that I liked the nutritional booklet. It has some new recipes and eating suggestions that I'll use.

Deciding between starting this or P90X this weekend. I'm 6'4" 218 or so and would like to drop 15 or 20 lbs and put on a little muscle while I'm at it. What's appealing about this is I don't need to go out and pick up a pull-up bar, dumbells, etc.

Thoughts from anyone who has done both?

thinking about this too. 5'11" 225. i got to phase 2 of p90x and for a few reasons missed about 10 days, and im in a transition of moving with a 8.5 month pregnant wife. p90x was nearly too time consuming for my liking.

30-45 minutes per workout and weight loss being the concentration here, i think ill bite.

anyone thats done both is the diet guide between the 2 any different or worth getting?

thinking about this too. 5'11" 225. i got to phase 2 of p90x and for a few reasons missed about 10 days, and im in a transition of moving with a 8.5 month pregnant wife. p90x was nearly too time consuming for my liking. 30-45 minutes per workout and weight loss being the concentration here, i think ill bite. anyone thats done both is the diet guide between the 2 any different or worth getting?
Insanity diet guide is much more appealing to me. A little more forgiving on carbs as well it seems.

Intended to start this today but for some reason my 360 errored out about a minute into the first vid saying something about the format possibly not being supported.

Need to burn them to DVD I guess.

Intended to start this today but for some reason my 360 errored out about a minute into the first vid saying something about the format possibly not being supported.Need to burn them to DVD I guess.
The ones that I found were mp4's and played on my PC with the QuickTime player.

Intended to start this today but for some reason my 360 errored out about a minute into the first vid saying something about the format possibly not being supported.Need to burn them to DVD I guess.
just plug a vga cable directly to your TV from your laptop if you have one and ur tv has a vga input

Users who are viewing this thread