What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

I'm about 2 months into a P90X/Insanity hybrid (where I do Insanity on the 2 P90X cardio days). I finished Insanity the beginning of last summer. Insanity is such a ball-buster that I almost look at the P90X days as a nice break. Crazy good cardio though.

Week 4, Day 5 - Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs done

Sort of mixed feelings, as I approach Recovery Week, but will likely need to take a step back, as I head to Disney. At least I'll be keeping active. But, would have been interesting to do this consecutively to see the final outcome. Plan to pick up at Week 4 if I cannot do Recovery Week, but at least I'm packing the DVD:)

Keep up the good work, boys, and see you when I return!

Maybe it is in the thread somewhere but I'd like to see the stats of someone who finished the whole thing in terms of fat loss. I am pretty thin so I might not be a good gauge but in the first 2 weeks I lost about 1/2 inch off my waist. I would like to think that I was already in pretty good shape but most of my working out was lifting. Shifting to this is almost all cardio. I am hoping to knock an additional inch off before warmer weather hits.

Max Interval today...first MAX workout. It was tough, no doubt about it. That extra time on the clock kinda haunts you...

So are you guys going straight through, nonstop?

I have always felt like I am in good shape. I do triathlons, run half-marathons, play soccer. Today I did Max Plyo, and had about 6 'pause button' moments, taking 10-30 secs each. I mean, this is *tough*!

I try not to skip out on stuff, so for me I would rather pause, then resume than just sit out and miss it, then continue

Maybe it is in the thread somewhere but I'd like to see the stats of someone who finished the whole thing in terms of fat loss. I am pretty thin so I might not be a good gauge but in the first 2 weeks I lost about 1/2 inch off my waist. I would like to think that I was already in pretty good shape but most of my working out was lifting. Shifting to this is almost all cardio. I am hoping to knock an additional inch off before warmer weather hits.
Read page 22 of this thread.

So cardio wise, how much harder is this than PlyoX from P90X?
in my opinion, it is simply not comparable. Sort of like the difference between jogging 5 miles, and sprinting 5 miles (broken up into 20 quarter mile sprints, with 15 sec rest in between each one)

I would say that you'll sweat twice as much from month 1 Insanity than you will from PlyoX. For Insanity month 2 I'd say you'd sweat 3 times as much. I would have PlyoX waiting for me when I got home and be thinking "gotta workout tonight." I'd dread having to do Insanity from the time I woke up until I was done. If you really push yourself it can be amazingly difficult.

in my opinion, it is simply not comparable. Sort of like the difference between jogging 5 miles, and sprinting 5 miles (broken up into 20 quarter mile sprints, with 15 sec rest in between each one)
So not necessarily harder, just different...more intense. I'm halfway thru 2nd go round with P90X and considering this, but I don't need to lose any weight. I play basketball 2 times a week in addition to my P90x workouts and just think I need the wieght days...maybe a hybrid like others have suggested.Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone extended Month 1? All I hear is how hard month 2 is and I don't think I'm ready.

Was thinking of going back and doing 2 more weeks of month 1. This would also make my recovery week when i move, which should help my ability to lift sofa's, etc.

For me, transitioning from P90X (plyo) to the round 1 Insanity workouts, felt about like the beginning of P90X did. You think there is not way I can do this then weeks/months later you're begging for more. I'm just now introducing the round 2 Insanity workouts into my P90X/Insanity hybrid. And I feel about like I did starting Insanity, no freaking way I can do this.

dpatridge said:
Has anyone extended Month 1? All I hear is how hard month 2 is and I don't think I'm ready.Was thinking of going back and doing 2 more weeks of month 1. This would also make my recovery week when i move, which should help my ability to lift sofa's, etc.
It may work but the recovery weeks are spaced at the time periods for a reason. Its all how your body feels. It didn't feel like my body needed that recovery week then, but but when I was on week 3 & 4 in the home stretch it sure as hell was glad I followed the schedule. I believe I would have burnt out otherwise.Just started this again after tweaking my hammy playing football when I was in round 2 week 3 two months back. I'm on the day 3 can't move and feel like a robot stage.

Random said:
For me, transitioning from P90X (plyo) to the round 1 Insanity workouts, felt about like the beginning of P90X did. You think there is not way I can do this then weeks/months later you're begging for more. I'm just now introducing the round 2 Insanity workouts into my P90X/Insanity hybrid. And I feel about like I did starting Insanity, no freaking way I can do this.
In my hybrid yesterday I was scheduled for Insanity ploymetric cardio circuit. Was hating the idea of having to go through the workout so I did the P90X plyo instead. While I was definately dripping with sweat when finished, the couple second breaks you get between workouts/Tony's commentary really keep P90X plyo from being the ball-buster Insanity is. P90X plyo is definately a great workout though.

Madshot - thanks for the reply. I have followed the program to a "T" and very happy with the results so far.

My concern is, for example on the plyometric day, I struggle getting thru even one round of ski abs/in & out abs without taking a break. I recover and do my best in the next two rounds, but I still need to take rests.

If I can't do it on this disc, will I be wasting my time trying to do the exercises on month 2?

Madshot - thanks for the reply. I have followed the program to a "T" and very happy with the results so far. My concern is, for example on the plyometric day, I struggle getting thru even one round of ski abs/in & out abs without taking a break. I recover and do my best in the next two rounds, but I still need to take rests.If I can't do it on this disc, will I be wasting my time trying to do the exercises on month 2?
You'll be fine in the 2nd section. I couldn't complete everything either. There will be new exercises but many familiar ones will be used in combination with the old ones in combined sets.

Been doing the Core Cardio and Balance all week. I love that workout. Feeling much better physically and emotionally. Much stronger. Back pain gone. Lost 12 lbs so far. Looking forward to the fit test monday. I think swapping some of the insanity videos for Tae Bo a couple times a week has really helped. Same calorie burn (according to my heart rate monitor) but less intense on the muscles. I was hoping to be down a total of 20 lbs by the 27th (wife's mardi gras ball) but I'll take the 15 Ill most likely be down.

I have no idea what to expect with the Max workouts. Seems a little bit of a stretch that I can do the fit test and a max workout on the same day. I love how I am feeling though. Starting to see lines in my abs, although the spare tire is not gone yet. 4 more weeks of this should do the trick. Need to get my hands on P90X. I think after this, I will take a week or 2 of and jump into P90X.

I've mentioned it before, but if you have an Iphone, I strongly recommend Myfitnesspal App. It has been wonderful to keep track of my calories and nutrional intake. Super easy too. Really opened my eyes being able to determine that my weight was really closely tied to lowering my sodium and sugar intake.

Back from vacation and, as expected, no time for Recovery Week. So, I went back to Week 3, as I thought two weeks of work, then recovery before Max workouts made more sense. Fit Test yesterday was a little rough, with some decreased reps in some categories while remaining the same or slight improvement in others. Plyo today was a #####, but at least I felt I was close to where I was before vacation.

FWIW, for those who may continue to a second round when completing the first full cycle, I saw on the Team Beach Body boards that Sean T recommends a two week break before starting the program over again. What I could not find was what you are supposed to do during those two weeks (Recovery maybe???).

Hope to make it through cycle 1 before I have to worry about that, though:)

Uh oh...little activity, so I hope that does not mean the participants are dwindling. Continuing my reboot on week 3. Started wearing knee braces, as my knees have felt a bit "crunchy". I know I'm supposed to land soft, but, by cycle 3, well, it just doesn't happen. This is knee intensive, and I'm sure a week of tooling around Disney with a full backpack didn't help. So the added support helps.

Where are you Week 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still cranking, here in Week 7. Kind of dreading the workouts these days, the extra length doesn't help. But I am pushing through. Mentally, I think once I can get to the 10 session countdown I will be re-awakened. Did Max Circuit last night, that one isn't too terrible...

At recovery point of week 4. Very encouraged today with my Plyo workout. Did not stop at all in first cycle, and almost made it through 2nd set of 2nd cycle (curse you, ski abs/in-outs). I would not say increased my speed each cycle but not breaking and pushing through was encouraging

Still in. Doing recovery week now.

I'm only doing 4 workouts a week with this (M W Th Sa) but in 5 weeks I've lost 10 lbs. Very pleased with the results and I enjoy the workouts.

<!--quoteo(post=12909821:date=Feb 11 2011, 08:36 PM:name=Papa Georgio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papa Georgio @ Feb 11 2011, 08:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12909821"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe it is in the thread somewhere but I'd like to see the stats of someone who finished the whole thing in terms of fat loss. I am pretty thin so I might not be a good gauge but in the first 2 weeks I lost about 1/2 inch off my waist. I would like to think that I was already in pretty good shape but most of my working out was lifting. Shifting to this is almost all cardio. I am hoping to knock an additional inch off before warmer weather hits.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Read page 22 of this thread.
Thanks I went back I read some of the older threads but I will make sure to check that out.I'm in week 6 day 4. I was sick the day of the last fit test so I thought my numbers would suck but I crushed several of my old numbers. Maybe I'm just learning to cheat? I have slowly been cutting down on calories and bad carbs. As a result the last 2 weeks I dropped about 7lbs and another 1/2 inch off my mid-section. Wish I could just burn the last bit of fat off without losing anymore weight.

Finished! Fit Test 1/Fit Test 5Switch Kicks 80/130 (+50)Power Jacks 48/72 (+24)Power Knees 80/110 (+30)Power Jumps 31/60 (+29)Globe Jumps 8/12 (+4)Suicide Jumps 12/20 (+8)Pushup Jacks 24/45 (+21)Low Plank Obl 41/77 (+36)Ht 5' 10"Starting/ending weight 165/158Starting/ending waist 35"/32.5"Starting/ending body fat % 22.6/17.4Thanks to everyone in this thread for getting me interested and keeping me motivated!
Nice job on the smaller waist while not losing a lot of weight. I can't seem to manage that very well. One time I was obsessed with getting my 6-pack back. I got all the way down into the 145lb range. I had a 4-pack but looked like I had AIDS too.

Finished! Fit Test 1/Fit Test 5Switch Kicks 80/130 (+50)Power Jacks 48/72 (+24)Power Knees 80/110 (+30)Power Jumps 31/60 (+29)Globe Jumps 8/12 (+4)Suicide Jumps 12/20 (+8)Pushup Jacks 24/45 (+21)Low Plank Obl 41/77 (+36)Ht 5' 10"Starting/ending weight 165/158Starting/ending waist 35"/32.5"Starting/ending body fat % 22.6/17.4Thanks to everyone in this thread for getting me interested and keeping me motivated!
Nice job on the smaller waist while not losing a lot of weight. I can't seem to manage that very well. One time I was obsessed with getting my 6-pack back. I got all the way down into the 145lb range. I had a 4-pack but looked like I had AIDS too.
Thanks -- the answer to your issue is to eat. A lot. Just not junk. Your prior post mentioned that you were cutting down calories, and that's how/why you lose the weight. Up your intake with healthy food. I probably ate 30-40% more than usual during Insanity.

Took some time off since moving beat the crap out of me. Hoping to go right into recovery week on Monday and then start month 2.

Good job to everyone that has stayed with it!!!

Just finished the Max Interval Circuit AKA why am I killing myself circuit. It is brutal. I wasn't sure if I was going to throw up or pass out but fought between both the last 20 minutes.

'Mr. Brownstone said:
:lmao: Starting tomorrow.
I'm thinking of starting tomorrow as well but I have not been food shopping yet I'm going to try and follow his nutrition plan along with the workouts

'wilked said:
My advice...start the nutrition plan 2 weeks prior, then start the exercise
Any particular reason why? Was going to start the DVDs tonight even though I have yet to buy the suggested foodsAlso, did anyone use the shakeology meal replacement drink. Seems a bit expensive but I know NOTHING about supplements so I will buy it if its worth it. Same with the P90X bars.

Skip the shakes, no need. You don't need protein bars if you are willing to put in the time to cook / buy healthy food as snacks.

I think it is easier to get the nutrition part right for two weeks, focus on that change, then incorporate the exercise. That way you don't change everything at one.

Two days into Recovery week. A little tougher than expected, but I took a look at the first Max video and, oh...my...Recovery week just got a whole lot easier.

As far as a recovery drink, I have been using chocolate milk. Do a search on the topic...some interesting info there.

I decided to start today and this thing is tough. I was dying just trying to complete the fit test.

Switch Kicks 70

Power Jacks 48

Power Knees 65

Power Jumps 38

Globe Jumps 7

Suicide Jumps 13

Push-Up Jacks 13

Low Plank Oblique 28

Push ups need a lot of help but the others were not too bad compared to the results I see in this thread.

So I started this thing today. It really was challenging. I messed up by starting too fast. I was gassed after the globe jumps. I actually cheated and stopped in between the suicide jumps and the push up jacks.

I followed the diet and was very happy that I didnt feel hungry once all day. This should be interesting as my hammys are so sore everytime I move it feels like I might cramp up. Tomorrows workout should be fun because of that.

I need something like this though. I am much better with something regimented then on my own. That girl in the fit test made me look like a loser

Switch Kicks 128

Power Jacks 54

Power Knees 93

Power Jumps 31

Globe Jumps 10

Suicide Jumps 17

Push-Up Jacks 25

Low Plank Oblique 22

Like I said, I started strong but faded hardcore towards the end

A little over a week into it. I'm getting better with each workout. The initial fit test really kicked my butt, so I am looking forward to the next one to see how I've progressed.

So I started this thing today. It really was challenging. I messed up by starting too fast. I was gassed after the globe jumps. I actually cheated and stopped in between the suicide jumps and the push up jacks. I followed the diet and was very happy that I didnt feel hungry once all day. This should be interesting as my hammys are so sore everytime I move it feels like I might cramp up. Tomorrows workout should be fun because of that. I need something like this though. I am much better with something regimented then on my own. That girl in the fit test made me look like a loserSwitch Kicks 128Power Jacks 54Power Knees 93Power Jumps 31Globe Jumps 10Suicide Jumps 17Push-Up Jacks 25Low Plank Oblique 22Like I said, I started strong but faded hardcore towards the end
Keep it up :thumbup:

Start the final week tomorrow #####es!Looking forward to a break...
I am envious. Day 1 of Max workout was not pretty. Not sure if Recovery week sapped my stamina a bit or if the workout is just that much more "insane", but definitely was back to sucking wind during the second and third cycles. Not that I did not expect that, but just kinda sucked starting back out at the bottom of the mountain again. But, will keep climbing.

1. Does anyone else have a problem with this thread not being in their content. I need to search Insanity every time I want to reply. Odd

Anyway, did the first workout yesterday and I was a little surprised that i made it pretty much the whole way thru. The third set of the basketball move was tough but doable.

The only move I could not do and I imagine it is because I lack the core strength is the ski ab move where you are in push up position and bring your knees in from side to side. i just couldnt do 2 in a row

Question about the mountain climbers. Sean kept saying to reach up with your core. Im not quite sure I get this. How do you reach with your core vs. raising your arms in any other way

On a bummer front, I have gained 2 pounds since starting. Not exactly sure what the deal is there. Not letting it deter me though

Question about the mountain climbers. Sean kept saying to reach up with your core. Im not quite sure I get this. How do you reach with your core vs. raising your arms in any other way
I think he says "lift with your core". As in lifting your knees, not your arms. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread