What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

Looks like we have a few guys starting today. Should be cool to be able to see how everyone is doing at the same points in the program. Anyone up for make a competition of it?

Looks like we have a few guys starting today. Should be cool to be able to see how everyone is doing at the same points in the program. Anyone up for make a competition of it?
I'm not doing insanity (doing crossfit instead) but I'd be up for a total loss percentage competition (i.e. who can lose the most weight relative to their current weight). Winner gets a free FBG subsricption?

i've got 2 weeks to go (this week and next). i've dropped about 12lbs so far. my goal was bout 15. so i should get there. the funny thing is that i've actually have been eating more food the past 2 months then i have in a long time. in the program there is a calculation to do that will give you how many calories to be taking in, though i've reduced my fat intake and sat. fat intake. my core is stronger then it has been which is something else i was focused on for golf season.
This has always been my problem with these type of workouts. I can drop weight relatively easy without working out simply by changing what I eat and how much I eat. I don't usually have much of an issue with hunger when I do this. Yet when I work out, and I've found this to be the case with Insanity, I am more hungry more often. I'm not sure the calories burned working out are completely offsetting the calories I am gaining by eating more. I guess I have to just tell myself that I'm getting healthier and not worry as much about the scale.

Is anyone doing a hybrid program of P90X and Insanity? If so could you share your schedule?

I want to increase both muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Is anyone doing a hybrid program of P90X and Insanity? If so could you share your schedule?I want to increase both muscle and lose fat at the same time.
I'm sort of wanting the same thing. However, the Insanity program is so short, I figured I could plow through the 60 days (fingers crossed) and then, hopefully in better shape and with less fat on me, jump into P90X at that point to bulk up a little.

i've got 2 weeks to go (this week and next). i've dropped about 12lbs so far. my goal was bout 15. so i should get there. the funny thing is that i've actually have been eating more food the past 2 months then i have in a long time. in the program there is a calculation to do that will give you how many calories to be taking in, though i've reduced my fat intake and sat. fat intake. my core is stronger then it has been which is something else i was focused on for golf season.
This has always been my problem with these type of workouts. I can drop weight relatively easy without working out simply by changing what I eat and how much I eat. I don't usually have much of an issue with hunger when I do this. Yet when I work out, and I've found this to be the case with Insanity, I am more hungry more often. I'm not sure the calories burned working out are completely offsetting the calories I am gaining by eating more. I guess I have to just tell myself that I'm getting healthier and not worry as much about the scale.
softballguy,i have the same issue, but having been through p90x 2 yrs ago and p90x+ last year. i wanted to make sure i maintained my muscle, not just lose "weight".

so i figure the extra calories are good calories and are needed to make it though those workouts. otherwise i find myself not getting as good of a work-out due to exhaustion.

Is anyone doing a hybrid program of P90X and Insanity? If so could you share your schedule?I want to increase both muscle and lose fat at the same time.
I'm doing a hybrid of Hip Hob Abs and Flirty Girl fitness.I'll let you know how it works out. :thumbup:
It sounds funny but p90x is a legit workout. The plyo workout is something every sports team should have their players do.

I'm doing a hybrid of Hip Hob Abs and Flirty Girl fitness.I'll let you know how it works out. :thumbup:
It sounds funny but p90x is a legit workout. The plyo workout is something every sports team should have their players do.
I know, just joking. Even some of the Biggest Loser workouts on Exercise TV (Comcast On-Demand by me) will tear you up.

Just finished the day one fitness test. For only 25 minutes, including warm up and cool down, wow, that kicked my butt.

Just finished day 1 fitness test. Very hard. I hate that oriental chick. The guy would be like "Ok write down how you did" I would get like 40 reps on an exercise and the oriental chick would go "122".

Day 2 here I come.

Just finished day 1 fitness test. Very hard. I hate that oriental chick. The guy would be like "Ok write down how you did" I would get like 40 reps on an exercise and the oriental chick would go "122".Day 2 here I come.
She half asses the moves too. It's different doing 50 reps in great form than doing 70 reps half assed

Just finished day 1 fitness test. Very hard. I hate that oriental chick. The guy would be like "Ok write down how you did" I would get like 40 reps on an exercise and the oriental chick would go "122".Day 2 here I come.
After having only the fit test once, I can firmly state I am going to get sick of him going over their numbers after each exercise. If Beachbody needs to learn anything, it is that you have to make these videos knowing full well people are going to be watching them numerous times.

I'm not starting this until May-how is everyone getting their DVD's? Is there a DVD sharing program we should start here?
I'd be all for this but haven't had any luck reaching out to a handful of guys through PM's. I'd be willing to throw $25 at somebody if willing to send me some burned DVDs

I'm not starting this until May-how is everyone getting their DVD's? Is there a DVD sharing program we should start here?
I'd be all for this but haven't had any luck reaching out to a handful of guys through PM's. I'd be willing to throw $25 at somebody if willing to send me some burned DVDs
I may have a guy. I'll ask him tonight.
Appreciate it GB, but no worries....just received a PM from a guy kind enough to do it for me so I should be all set.

She half asses the moves too. It's different doing 50 reps in great form than doing 70 reps half assed
lol at "oriental"And she's hot.

After having only the fit test once, I can firmly state I am going to get sick of him going over their numbers after each exercise. If Beachbody needs to learn anything, it is that you have to make these videos knowing full well people are going to be watching them numerous times.
It's just a way to kill time during the rests. :thumbup:And I think you only do that like 4 times over 60 days. It's not that bad.

day 2 today. Plymetric Cardio Circuit.

That was brutal. During the last circuit I basically just laid on the floor. I need to wipe down all the sweat all over the floor afterwards. This is tough. But I see how it can work...

lol at "oriental"And she's hot.
I was a big fan of that cute little blond with the high pitched voice in the original (not Drea, the other blond). Is she back?

day 2 today. Plymetric Cardio Circuit.That was brutal. During the last circuit I basically just laid on the floor. I need to wipe down all the sweat all over the floor afterwards. This is tough. But I see how it can work...
Agree, this was tough. I made it through the first two rotations pretty good. The second half I was out of gas, though, and the last rotation I was pretty much a spectator. I think I probably did 10% of the total reps of the last group, if that.

day 2 today. Plymetric Cardio Circuit.That was brutal. During the last circuit I basically just laid on the floor. I need to wipe down all the sweat all over the floor afterwards. This is tough. But I see how it can work...
Agree, this was tough. I made it through the first two rotations pretty good. The second half I was out of gas, though, and the last rotation I was pretty much a spectator. I think I probably did 10% of the total reps of the last group, if that.
Glad I'm not alone.Are you beyond day 2? Are the others harder than this?

My bad, dude. I thought Wrigley had it covered.I'm going to have to reacquire them anyway. Brought the vids along on business trip via flash drive to try in the hotel but they wouldn't play more than 5 seconds without getting some buffering error.

Nope, I'm right there with you. I did it this morning.

I got day 2 tonight after work. You guys are scareing me.

Well I'm an out of shape *******, and I was pretty beat from the fit test alone. This was a bunch harder than that.

I started last Monday and I thought day 3 (Cardio Power & Resistance) was harder then day 2 (Plyometric Cardio) . The Pure Cardio (Friday) wiped my out.I am on my second round through these and I am still not able to complete all the sets but I feel that I am doing more each day. I am not look forward to saturday Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I previewed the Carido Abs and I know that it is going to be hard.I am trying to do this going from being a 35 year old Couch Patato. When I started I was about 220 lbs and I am 5' 10". I dont think I look like i was over weight but topping 220 on the scale did me in. I weighed my self this morning and I am down to 205 (I am sure most of this is water weight). I have also noticed that I do not appear as flabby as I was 2 weeks ago. Anyway I was supose to do Pure Cardio this morning but the new born kept me up all night I plan on doing it tonight after work.

I started last Monday and I thought day 3 (Cardio Power & Resistance) was harder then day 2 (Plyometric Cardio) . The Pure Cardio (Friday) wiped my out.I am on my second round through these and I am still not able to complete all the sets but I feel that I am doing more each day. I am not look forward to saturday Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I previewed the Carido Abs and I know that it is going to be hard.I am trying to do this going from being a 35 year old Couch Patato. When I started I was about 220 lbs and I am 5' 10". I dont think I look like i was over weight but topping 220 on the scale did me in. I weighed my self this morning and I am down to 205 (I am sure most of this is water weight). I have also noticed that I do not appear as flabby as I was 2 weeks ago. Anyway I was supose to do Pure Cardio this morning but the new born kept me up all night I plan on doing it tonight after work.
Nice and congrats on the progress. Are you dieting hard too? I'm going to try, but it will be 100% impossible to fit in 5 square meals each day the way they have set them out in the diet. I'll be happy just to try and control my portions, cut my cards, and eat a lot of protein, vegetables, and whole grains.

Softballguy said:
Man this is happening to me. Through 1 week and I've gained 2 pounds. lol. I take lunch to work (Snack 10am-Lunch noon-Snack 3pm) but now I finish it all before noon because I'm so hungry. End up getting stuff out of the vending machine. Re-adjusted my diet so hopefully I will be back on track.

Nice and congrats on the progress. Are you dieting hard too? I'm going to try, but it will be 100% impossible to fit in 5 square meals each day the way they have set them out in the diet. I'll be happy just to try and control my portions, cut my cards, and eat a lot of protein, vegetables, and whole grains.
The Wife has always made me eat healthy. Not 5 meals a day but I have been cutting out on the junk food ( once a day), energy drinks (1 or 2 a week), soda (3 or 4 a week) and beer (5 or 6 a night). I have substituted in fruit instead of donuts and chips, and water, tea and coffee instead of the energy drinks soda and beer. I gave up beer over a month ago because the wife was expecting and taking her to the hospital with a buzz would have been bad. Not drining beer only lowered my weight about 5 lbs, I saw the biggest this last week after starting this Insanity. I would like to break into the low 190's maybe getting down to about 185. I have no real goals doing this other then to finish it. The one thing I did want was to just get my engery level up so I would not be so slugish so I could spend some time with the kid.

I plan on starting this next week.

Presently 6-1, 190lbs and in decent shape. I'm one of those guys that works out pretty religiously 5-6 days a week, but it's stricly 30-45mins on an elliptical and a couple of sets of push ups to exhaustion every other day (been doing this for the past 4 years). Basicallly, I exercise to maintain and still be able to eat and drink what I like.

I already know that I won't stick to a strict diet so am not even going to bother, but I'm hoping the uptake in cardio with this program will help me shed that extra 5lbs and tone up around the mid-section.

Back on the horse after a 2 day layoff with my sprained knee.

Did the 2nd round of Pure Cardio tonight....I'd have to say that this has been my favorite so far because you don't repeat an exercise b/w the warmup and final stretches. It's like 15 different routines back to back for 15 straight minutes.

Knee felt ok...just wondering if it's going to be sore tonight.

Day 2 kicked my behind. Sore from the middle of my stomach all the way to my feet.

Ready to hear the Day 3 horror stories before I do this tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
How tolerable is the leader guy? From the commercials I saw, he looks like he needs to be punched in the face.

How tolerable is the leader guy? From the commercials I saw, he looks like he needs to be punched in the face.
He's OK. I don't like him as much as Tony Horton, because he seems to be off in his motivation. While taking a 30 second break, he keeps telling you to keep pushing. I want to hear that in the last minute of a 3 minute interval, not when I'm drinking water. Then again, maybe he is saying it then too, and I can't hear him over my panting. I'm not sure. Also, I hate the way he says "important" and he says it a lot.Day 3 in the books. I haven't sweat that much since the first day of PlyoX in P90X. I'm not sure what it means, but I immediately thought of Otis the first time sweat dripped off my nose onto the floor. :unsure:

He's OK. I don't like him as much as Tony Horton, because he seems to be off in his motivation. While taking a 30 second break, he keeps telling you to keep pushing. I want to hear that in the last minute of a 3 minute interval, not when I'm drinking water. Then again, maybe he is saying it then too, and I can't hear him over my panting. I'm not sure. Also, I hate the way he says "important" and he says it a lot.Day 3 in the books. I haven't sweat that much since the first day of PlyoX in P90X. I'm not sure what it means, but I immediately thought of Otis the first time sweat dripped off my nose onto the floor. :unsure:
:unsure:Starting Day 3 now...

:lmao: I'm nearing phase 3 of P90x, so I'm considering this as my next step after I wrap up P90x. Following everyone's updates... ;)

:lmao: I'm nearing phase 3 of P90x, so I'm considering this as my next step after I wrap up P90x. Following everyone's updates... :popcorn:
I am too. Although I'd like to take a month or two and just lift/run/ab ripper x maybe 3-4 days a week.

Started p90x but with the time off, I would like to do both in the same day? Is that possible?

Also, if anyone has some DVDs (burned or not), I wouldn't mind buying them from you.

He's different than Tony? Tony was okay - I just got annoyed with how everything was the "mother of all.." and how he would blatantly flirt with that one blond chick. I'm surprised they didn't bring Tony back.

He's different than Tony? Tony was okay - I just got annoyed with how everything was the "mother of all.." and how he would blatantly flirt with that one blond chick. I'm surprised they didn't bring Tony back.
Beachbody has a bunch of different "instructors." This is in Sean T. wheelhouse; cardio. Sean T. does hip hop abs, and other cardio stuff like that. While this isn't cardio dance, it is constant movement cardio. Tony is the strength guy.

Don't want to derail this into a Tony vs. the other guy thing, but I like Tony a lot. His goofiness aside (which helps keep the mood light), he's a pretty good motivator. This other guy just seems to ooze fake confidence and rubbed me the wrong way. :unsure:

Started p90x but with the time off, I would like to do both in the same day? Is that possible?Also, if anyone has some DVDs (burned or not), I wouldn't mind buying them from you.
Careful EO. It's important to keep in mind that it's not just a math equation with calories burned. At some point, your body gets pushed over the edge and you start regressing. Overtraining is a real problem. Especially for newer folks that have a gung ho mental state but haven't pushed themselves over the years and know when they're going "over the line".The trick to maximum training is to push yourself right up to the edge where you're breaking down muscle and improving cardio and then allowing yourself to rest and rebuild. The rest is actually the most important part.Unless you're an elite athlete (genetically), even P90x pushes most people right up to that edge. (Some over). I'm not familiar with this new Insanity workout but it looks to be worse / better in that regard. I'd be super leery of doing anything more than this Insanity workout.Over training sucks. J

Don't want to derail this into a Tony vs. the other guy thing, but I like Tony a lot. His goofiness aside (which helps keep the mood light), he's a pretty good motivator. This other guy just seems to ooze fake confidence and rubbed me the wrong way. :popcorn:
I don't mind Sean T all that much. Really, how much is a guy yelling at me from my television going to motivate me anyway?

Started p90x but with the time off, I would like to do both in the same day? Is that possible?Also, if anyone has some DVDs (burned or not), I wouldn't mind buying them from you.
P90x has the "doubles" option which is an extra cardio workout every day. You could replace the P90x cardio workout with an Insanity one.Let us know how it goes, lol.

Alright, I am jumping in with you all today along with my fiance and co-worker. We are all heading out to Vegas for work/pleasure around Memorial Day. We won't be through the full 60 days but will be close and hopefully assure me that I am not the fat slob at the Mandalay Bay Beach.

Diving in 100%. Plan on following the diet and doing the workouts as instructed.

Started with the meal plan today and damn if I am not constantly hungry. I am hoping that this will get easier as my body gets used to not gorging on pizzas, sandwiches, cookies, candy, etc.

Got the Fit Test tonight afterwork and I am fearful of my results as I have not seen the inside of a gym in about a year and have not stuck to a workout program in about 5-6 years.

Just to track my results: 33 years old / 6'1" / 220 lbs / 25% body fat (3/31/10)

Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread