What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (2 Viewers)

ETA: Purchased a copy, if it arrives this weel I'll be starting Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started up today with the Fit Test. Amazing how far out of shape I've got! I'm pretty sure my form faltered because of this.

Height: 6'5

Weight: 270

Switch Kicks: 120

Power Jacks: 35

Power Knees: 60

Power Jumps: 24

Globe Jumps: 7

Suicide Jumps: 5

Push-Up Jacks: 11

Low Plank Oblique: 36

Started up today with the Fit Test. Amazing how far out of shape I've got! I'm pretty sure my form faltered because of this.Age: 34Height: 6'5Weight: 270Switch Kicks: 120Power Jacks: 35Power Knees: 60Power Jumps: 24Globe Jumps: 7Suicide Jumps: 5Push-Up Jacks: 11Low Plank Oblique: 36
Great work. Very impressive. I'm a small guy and this program was even hard for me. :thumbup:

Fit test 2 results.

Starting weight 215, down to 213.1 (after gaining 2 pounds thru week 1.)

Switch Kicks: 67...81

Power Jacks: 34...41

Power Knees: 69...85

Power Jumps: 23...31

Globe Jumps: 9...10

Suicide Jumps: 8...13

Push-Up Jacks: 20...23

Low Plank Oblique: 45...51

I was freaking exhausted after the test yesterday, makes me think I might have dogged it a little bit the first go around. Sure didn't feel like I did though.

Just started yesterday along with my wife, finished day 2 this morning. I'm decent aerobic shape from years of running/biking, but high intensity is my enemy and other weaknesses are core and overall strength along with leg power. Anything with jumping or squats just kills me.

Anyways, I hope to tone up, lose maybe 5-7 lbs and gain strength. I have a 1/2 and full marathon later this year and maybe a sprint tri, so this is just fun training to keep motivated. I plan to continue to run/bike/yoga depending on my recovery for some 2-a-days, and hope to continue to get a long bike or run in each week on the Insanity recovery day.

Fit Test #1:

Switch kicks: 139

Power jacks: 51

Power knees: 75

Power jumps: 54

Globe jumps: 9 rotations

Suicide jumps: 23

Push-up jacks: 29

Low plank oblique: 78 (I'm assuming here that each side counts as one, am I right? Or is left+right=one?)

So far this is awesome, but am dreading the power day tomorrow.

Question for you guys that have completed Insanity.

For the last six months, I've been lifting weights three to four times per week. I've added about eight pounds of muscle during that time.

I'm looking to use Insanity as my "cutting" phase to trim fat while maintaining the muscle I've developed.

1.) Will I lose strength/muscle if I cut out the lifting and only do the Insanity workouts?

2.) Is it possible to lift weights twice per week while doing Insanity? Or will that kill me?

Question for you guys that have completed Insanity.For the last six months, I've been lifting weights three to four times per week. I've added about eight pounds of muscle during that time.I'm looking to use Insanity as my "cutting" phase to trim fat while maintaining the muscle I've developed.1.) Will I lose strength/muscle if I cut out the lifting and only do the Insanity workouts?2.) Is it possible to lift weights twice per week while doing Insanity? Or will that kill me?
I kept lifting 4 times a week while doing Insanity 6 days a week (workout over lunch break and do video after work). I managed to lose around 7-8 pounds all said and done. I seemed to need to eat way more than I mormally do though during that time. I made it through 6 weeks or so on the insanity and was super burnt out by the time I quit. Also pulled something in my chest towards the end that kinda forced me to quit. (but I also absolutely hated the second month workouts anyways)I don't think you would lose to much muscle if you stopped lifting and started this for a couple months. I know I gained muscle in my legs because I ignore them more at the gym than I should. If I was going to do it again (which I might) I would keep lifting and do insanity 3-4 times a week instead of the 6 times a week it calls for....

I know I've mentioned this before (maybe in the P90X thread) but I absolutely love my post P90X schedule.

Phase 1

Day 1 P90X Chest Shoulder Tri & Insanity Cardio Abs

Day 2 P90X Back & Bi & P90X Ab Ripper X

Day 3 Cardio (rotate between P90X Plyo, Insanity Cardio Plyo, Pure Cardio, sometimes an Insanity Max workout)

Day 4 Rest

Repeat about 6 times then

Day 1 P90X Chest & Back & Cardio Abs

Day 2 P90X Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X

Day 3 Cardio (same as above)

Day 4 Rest

Repeat about 6 times then go back to phase 1

Been doing this about 6 months (maybe more?) and absolutely love it.

'Random said:
I know I've mentioned this before (maybe in the P90X thread) but I absolutely love my post P90X schedule.Phase 1Day 1 P90X Chest Shoulder Tri & Insanity Cardio AbsDay 2 P90X Back & Bi & P90X Ab Ripper XDay 3 Cardio (rotate between P90X Plyo, Insanity Cardio Plyo, Pure Cardio, sometimes an Insanity Max workout)Day 4 RestRepeat about 6 times thenDay 1 P90X Chest & Back & Cardio AbsDay 2 P90X Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper XDay 3 Cardio (same as above)Day 4 RestRepeat about 6 times then go back to phase 1Been doing this about 6 months (maybe more?) and absolutely love it.
You don't do P90X Legs and Back?

I haven't worked out since my 2nd fit test. Had this knot on my back and went to see a doctor. Doc ended up cutting it out, so I've had a 3 inch stab wound right between my shoulder blades since last Friday. I don't think I can do any pushups without busting it open.

Should I just pick up right where I left off?

'Random said:
I know I've mentioned this before (maybe in the P90X thread) but I absolutely love my post P90X schedule.Phase 1Day 1 P90X Chest Shoulder Tri & Insanity Cardio AbsDay 2 P90X Back & Bi & P90X Ab Ripper XDay 3 Cardio (rotate between P90X Plyo, Insanity Cardio Plyo, Pure Cardio, sometimes an Insanity Max workout)Day 4 RestRepeat about 6 times thenDay 1 P90X Chest & Back & Cardio AbsDay 2 P90X Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper XDay 3 Cardio (same as above)Day 4 RestRepeat about 6 times then go back to phase 1Been doing this about 6 months (maybe more?) and absolutely love it.
You don't do P90X Legs and Back?
I know its a great workout, both are covered with other days, just couldn't fit it in.

I do realize that this is not swap shop, but is anyone looking to sell their copy (13 disc)? I don't want to pay the $120 bucks, and there are only replicas available on eBay and Craigslist.

after being out of the gym for WAY too long and having no desire or motivation to go back right now, I decided to give this a try. I'm not starting until Memorial Day (going to be out of town half of next week), but I decided to do the fit test and take a look at a few of the discs.

F that doo-doo. I thought I was going to fall out during the warm-up, and was positive I was going to die during the fit test. :bag: just watching the plyometric cardio disc scared me.

after being out of the gym for WAY too long and having no desire or motivation to go back right now, I decided to give this a try. I'm not starting until Memorial Day (going to be out of town half of next week), but I decided to do the fit test and take a look at a few of the discs.

F that doo-doo. I thought I was going to fall out during the warm-up, and was positive I was going to die during the fit test. :bag: just watching the plyometric cardio disc scared me.
Not a good workout to start up after being out of the gym for a long time. I've worked out consistently for years and this workout is on a different level.

I finished week one this morning, it's a pretty fun workout that is challenging. My cardio is pretty good but my muscular endurance, leg strength and core strength are fair to poor. My wife is doing this with me and has been a fun bonding experience. The workouts, which we do in the morning, leave me enough juice to double up with a run or a bike at lunch. I was hoping to see my weight drop and the extra lbs around my waist to melt, but it has held steady this whole week despite double (and one day a triple) workout most days and a pretty tight diet focused on recovery. I'm guessing I'm retaining some water as my muscles have been crispy most of the week and I may be gaining muscle though it's hard to tell anything after one week. This workout is a really nice addition to what I normally do.

Fit Test #2 yesterday.

Height: 6'5

Weight: 272 (+2 over the 2 weeks)

Switch Kicks: 120 - 110

Power Jacks: 35 - 40

Power Knees: 60 - 75

Power Jumps: 24 - 30

Globe Jumps: 7 - 9

Suicide Jumps: 5 - 8

Push-Up Jacks: 11 - 15

Low Plank Oblique: 36 - 45

I think I will do the 1st month of the program twice before moving on to the 2nd month.

What does everyone recommend for a recovery drink? I want to get a protein powder, but what is the best?

:lmao: It's pretty intense stuff.

The f'n yoga is actually what I dread most.

:lmao: It's pretty intense stuff.

The f'n yoga is actually what I dread most.
I've been doing it this week a little to try to get prepared for it. It sucks, but I usually build up endurance quickly. If the first two real weeks don't kill me I think I'll be okay.Tried some of the daytime meals (1-3) also. They've actually been alright. Need to get some stuff from the grocery store to make some of the night (4-5) meals

What does everyone recommend for a recovery drink? I want to get a protein powder, but what is the best?
I usually do something like skim milk plus half a scoop of protein powder (choc.) for recovery. I just get the walmart or target whey brand as it mixes well with water or milk and tastes good enough for me and has a similar protein profile as other stuff at GNC.

Read the first few pages of this thread and then the last one. I am not "sloppy" out of shape, but could lose 10-15 pounds. However, my cardio is very bad.You guys are scaring me, but I am going to give it a try.
even when I worked out daily my cardio wasn't great (more of a strength/power guy). I have gone through a couple of discs just to get a little break-in time (will start the routine on Monday), and while they do suck, you can always take a time-out if needed. I just take a breather, or if really winded, hit pause to catch my breath.

Fit test 2 yesterday:

Fit Test #1 #2:

Switch kicks: 139 135

Power jacks: 51 59

Power knees: 75 93

Power jumps: 54 68

Globe jumps: 9 rotations, 12

Suicide jumps: 23 24

Push-up jacks: 29 29

Low plank oblique: 78 89

I feel I'm going to plateau on most of these pretty soon, pretty hard to go much faster, but we'll see.

Just finished the "Plyometric Cardio Circuit" for the second time. I think this is the hardest workout of the first month.

Can any of you actually get all the way through the up-down, push ups, plank running, ski jump, in-out part? My god.

"IN!! OUT!! IN!! OUT!!"

:shock:

Just finished the "Plyometric Cardio Circuit" for the second time. I think this is the hardest workout of the first month.Can any of you actually get all the way through the up-down, push ups, plank running, ski jump, in-out part? My god. "IN!! OUT!! IN!! OUT!!" :shock:
I just started week 4 - I can finally make it through the Level 1's for all the cycles, and the in-outs at the end, but the ski jumps kill me every time still. I can't make it through the Level 2's in the cardio one yet, and I heard there are Level 3's (WTF?) in the Max series coming up.

Fit test 2 yesterday:Fit Test #1 #2:Switch kicks: 139 135Power jacks: 51 59Power knees: 75 93Power jumps: 54 68Globe jumps: 9 rotations, 12Suicide jumps: 23 24Push-up jacks: 29 29Low plank oblique: 78 89I feel I'm going to plateau on most of these pretty soon, pretty hard to go much faster, but we'll see.
Month 2 will improve you.

Not sure if anyone still doing this, did Fit test 3 this morning, then the 60 min. max cardio circuit, WTF that's a long morning, I wanted to be done with 40 minutes left on the clock, going from memory may be off a little:

Fit Test #1 #2: #3

Switch kicks: 139 135 137

Power jacks: 51 59 61

Power knees: 75 93 85

Power jumps: 54 68 71

Globe jumps: 9 rotations, 12 14

Suicide jumps: 23 24 24

Push-up jacks: 29 29 34

Low plank oblique: 78 89 85

Some of these I think I've maxed out (switch kicks, power jacks) and don't have the coordination to go much higher (Power knees). But maybe half I can improve on.

Am eating more Primal, but ate carbs after todays stacked workout. Eating cleaner, these workouts and other stuff I fit in has made an improvement already with 4 weeks to go. I'll share stats when done.

Going to do this for 3rd time through starting tomorrow. I had to stop the 2nd round on day 45 due to a pulled hamstring, broken toe, and back spasm all unrelated to Insanity. Broke the toe at work, back spasm was from football, and the hamstring was just there after a drunk night. Now everything is 98% and even though I know exactly what I'm getting myself into, I'm still :unsure: .

I do :wub: the workouts, but wish I had a partner to do them with. To many chubby friends that only want to lift. I'll also be adding in the Ab Ripper X and various pullup sets 3 times a week. :moneybag:

Going to do this for 3rd time through starting tomorrow. I had to stop the 2nd round on day 45 due to a pulled hamstring, broken toe, and back spasm all unrelated to Insanity. Broke the toe at work, back spasm was from football, and the hamstring was just there after a drunk night. Now everything is 98% and even though I know exactly what I'm getting myself into, I'm still :unsure: .I do :wub: the workouts, but wish I had a partner to do them with. To many chubby friends that only want to lift. I'll also be adding in the Ab Ripper X and various pullup sets 3 times a week. :moneybag:
I just got a pullup bar over the weekend, after messing with some sets on Saturday I could barely lift my arms yesterday. Plan to start doing the primal workout plan [2 sets of: Pushups to exhaustion (at least 50 per set), Pullups (12, using chair/leg assistance), body weight squats to exhaustion (at least 50, more like hindu squats), shoulder press (on chair, or handstand presses) and plank (regular and side, 90 seconds each)] Takes maybe 20 minutes to do, all body weight stuff, solid.

'Dan said:
'flapgreen said:
'Dan said:
'flapgreen said:
'Dan said:
started my 2nd week today. My knees are taking a beating. I hope they can hold up for 8 more weeks.
:confused: You're like 250 and 35% body fat. What's the point?
that's probably closer to it
What happened?
decided to go back to college. between that and work I didn't workout for about 3-4 years
Had no idea. Who will I pattern my life after now? :confused:

I don't care what anyone says, working out in your boxers and tennis shoes is the way to go. Crank up the fan on full blast, and I'm killing it. :thumbup:

I'm about halfway through week three.

I started at about 6'2", 190 lbs. I have not lost any weight or any inches, but I feel like I look better. Possible?

Regardless, I definitely feel stronger and more explosive than when I started.

started my 2nd week today. My knees are taking a beating. I hope they can hold up for 8 more weeks.
What happened?
decided to go back to college. between that and work I didn't workout for about 3-4 years
Pickles...or Woz. I'm pretty sure they're the same person.

My calf was feeling a little iffy yesterday so I did cardio abs instead of pure cardio to give it a break.

Seemed to work my hip flexors more than anything, and did almost nothing in the way of upper ab work. :shrug:

What happened?
Pickles...or Woz. I'm pretty sure they're the same person.
I just don't understand anything anymore. :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread