What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (2 Viewers)

'5Rings said:
Just started this today... Should have did it in the morning but waited til I got home. Probably a bad idea. Eating and then only waiting like an hour or two before hitting up the fitness test was not a smart idea.

I'm a small guy at like 5'6 5'7 but not really in any cardio shape. Look small and am not overweight but I'm skinny fat and just want to get into cardio shape and more toned. Hopefully I can keep with this as the main draw for this over P90x is that it is just a lot easier to find time to do a 30-40 routine than a 1hr+ workout requiring extra weights and stuff. I'll add in some pull ups and curls after the workouts to work out the "glamour" muscles.
Always done three days of Insanity and three days a weight lifting each week. I was already in fairly good shape, but it's worked out great for me.
What 3 days of Insanity do you utilize?...and are you still taking NOEXPLODE!!!!! ;)
Mainly the 3 cardio dvd's from the first month: Cardio Power, Plyometrics and Pure Cardio. If I did the videos more than three times a week, I'm sure I could work my way up to the max workouts from the second month, but that doesn't interest me much. I'm only 175, so I'm not looking to drop any weight, though. Obviously, goals vary from one person to the next. I still want to maintain my current muscle mass, but also stay lean. I'm not consistent when it comes to cardio if I'm running outside or on a treadmill. It bores me to death. I'd much rather do something that makes me a little sick and wipes me out.As far as NO XPLODE!!!!! goes, that was Woz's dumb###. I never took that sugar water garbage. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Waited until later to do the workout today. Really pushed it to get through the warm-up without any breaks. Feel like I did well, really struggled during the Level 1 Drills - Ski Ab - In and Out Ab sequence. Need to continue working on the shoulder strength.
Eff you Level 1 drills. Those were hurting me last night as well. It didnt help that I was slipping in my shoes because the soles were worn out. But, I had to actually take 5 seconds off a lot in the last 2 level one sequences.

I am through day 3 and 4 so redo plyo cardio tonight. Knowing the workouts a bit and when rest is coming will help. I will still be getting pummelled by level 1 and 2 drills and jump squat overdosing.

I know the people in the DVD are pretty much in top shape but how do you hold those squats and then do pulses and then more squats. Pulse this bc I am still sore from Monday.

'flapgreen said:
'5Rings said:
Just started this today... Should have did it in the morning but waited til I got home. Probably a bad idea. Eating and then only waiting like an hour or two before hitting up the fitness test was not a smart idea.

I'm a small guy at like 5'6 5'7 but not really in any cardio shape. Look small and am not overweight but I'm skinny fat and just want to get into cardio shape and more toned. Hopefully I can keep with this as the main draw for this over P90x is that it is just a lot easier to find time to do a 30-40 routine than a 1hr+ workout requiring extra weights and stuff. I'll add in some pull ups and curls after the workouts to work out the "glamour" muscles.
Always done three days of Insanity and three days a weight lifting each week. I was already in fairly good shape, but it's worked out great for me.
What 3 days of Insanity do you utilize?...and are you still taking NOEXPLODE!!!!! ;)
Mainly the 3 cardio dvd's from the first month: Cardio Power, Plyometrics and Pure Cardio. If I did the videos more than three times a week, I'm sure I could work my way up to the max workouts from the second month, but that doesn't interest me much. I'm only 175, so I'm not looking to drop any weight, though. Obviously, goals vary from one person to the next. I still want to maintain my current muscle mass, but also stay lean. I'm not consistent when it comes to cardio if I'm running outside or on a treadmill. It bores me to death. I'd much rather do something that makes me a little sick and wipes me out.As far as NO XPLODE!!!!! goes, that was Woz's dumb###. I never took that sugar water garbage. lol
Thanks Trout and Flap.Halfway through p90x w/wife, she wants to jump in to Insanity next...but I really miss heavy iron :cry: and want to go back to my normal routine for a few months first. I like both your ideas and will shoot for joining her 2 days a week (with 3 being my compromise, she wins ;) )

Nice break today with cardio recovery. Still couldn't stick with it 100% through all the stretches but am definitely starting to feel more flexible.

Did plyo cardio for second time for day 5. Nice to know when rest was coming. Went better but still no chance to keep up in level1 drills.

Got crushed by Cardio Power + Resistance tonight. Went out to Applebees with the parents this evening and had a delicious platter of riblets. Unfortunately, during the second series of globe jumps I was analyzing the room and determining which unlucky bag would prove an adequate receptacle for tonight's dinner if the need arose.

Luckily I made it through, however, I definitely didn't do as well as I had hoped. Glad I at least found the willpower to trudge to the basement and do it though - better than nothing.

P.S. for those going through the workout - check out the chick's face with about 9 seconds left in the '8 hop - 8 pushup' exercicse (the last of the video. Kills me every time - am scared she is going to burst through my screen and strangle me.

Hope everyone is keeping with it :boxing: Pure cardio and cardio abs tomorrow then :banned: Sunday fun day.

Day 3: Cardio Power & Resistance.

Definitely wasn't feeling it today, have to hope this fairly crippling soreness will abate as I continue. Especially when during the workouts I really feel it in my calfs for some reason - just an annoying tightness. :shrug:

Besides having to take so many breaks I think it went okay. This one is definitely more focused on the explosive movements (and is thus tougher on the joints).

Probably the most frustrating thing is how hard the stupid stretching part is for me. My legs probably shake more during this than any other time and I end up having to modify them.

Hope everyone else is still sticking with it. :hifive:
Soreness will go away day 4/day 5 or so, so keep on pushin' through.Have done this for almost a year. Did two full cycles, then cut back to 5 times/wk. Almost 4 cycles total, taking a two week break of doing Core Cardio and Balance between cycles. Almost ready for phase 2 workouts again, but may wimp out due to heavy travel. Went from upper 170's to lower 160's and have maintained. Getting bored, so that combined with travel (and the shaky diet that goes along with it) could be the death knell for Insanity. But, I have been hitting the treadmill in the hotel gyms for 30 minutes/day, so better than nothing, right?
Why do you hate your joints? You will need them at some point.
Glucosamine Chondroitin is your friend. I will also say I am not keeping up with those in videos. As Shaun T says "Form over Speed". At the beginning, I was trying to keep up and was likely not doing the form correctly and found I suffered various tweaks. Slowing down and working to complete the cycles at my pace has worked so far.

Didn't get to pure cardio yesterday so I woke up early and busted it out this morning. Tomorrow is the second fit test so I am hoping I see some results. :boxing:

Second fit-test results:

Switchkicks - 80 -- 93

Power Jacks - 55 -- 40 (Not sure what happened here :bag: maybe I miscounted)

Left Knee things - 82 -- 91

Jump Squats - 30 -- 33

Around the World - 7 -- 9

Suicides - 13 -- 17

Jumping Jack Pushups - 16 -- 24

Obliques - 45 -- 50

Even though my results aren't a ton higher I definitely felt stronger during some of the exercises and I am sure my form has improved which may lead to smaller gains.

My calf was feeling a little iffy yesterday so I did cardio abs instead of pure cardio to give it a break. Seemed to work my hip flexors more than anything, and did almost nothing in the way of upper ab work. :shrug:
How this going? Are you reliving your glory days yet, or turning into a huge ball of pudge?

I am to the last workout before the second fit test. It says pure cardio & cardio abs. Does that mean 2 workouts or is that the name of one of the discs I I haven't seen yet?

I pretty much hate all the workouts equally but man cardio recovery sucks with all the squat holds and such. Hate.

I am to the last workout before the second fit test. It says pure cardio & cardio abs. Does that mean 2 workouts or is that the name of one of the discs I I haven't seen yet?I pretty much hate all the workouts equally but man cardio recovery sucks with all the squat holds and such. Hate.
2 workouts on the same disc. I would go about 80% thru pure cardio to see how you hold up in cardio abs. It is 16 minutes long and can be a grind to do both. In so fat that sometimes I'm not sure why I bother. But I do it anyway

I am to the last workout before the second fit test. It says pure cardio & cardio abs. Does that mean 2 workouts or is that the name of one of the discs I I haven't seen yet?I pretty much hate all the workouts equally but man cardio recovery sucks with all the squat holds and such. Hate.
2 workouts on the same disc. I would go about 80% thru pure cardio to see how you hold up in cardio abs. It is 16 minutes long and can be a grind to do both. In so fat that sometimes I'm not sure why I bother. But I do it anyway
I see, thanks.

I got through Insanity last summer but it definitely took a toll on my knees. Ended up with some bad tendinitis that I am still rehabbing. I recommend frequent icing of the knees after workouts, particularly if you start to notice any aches and pains.

Patellar tendinitis is a b---- to get rid of.

I got through Insanity last summer but it definitely took a toll on my knees. Ended up with some bad tendinitis that I am still rehabbing. I recommend frequent icing of the knees after workouts, particularly if you start to notice any aches and pains.Patellar tendinitis is a b---- to get rid of.
Don't be such a ####.

Im about to start week 4 and have only missed one day. Im starting to lose my steam with it. I know I only have one more week of the easy videos and Ill stick it out, just starting to feel the grind. Next week is that core balance week. I dont even remember that from last time

Last edited by a moderator:
Im about to start week 4 and have only missed one day. Im starting to lose my steam with it. I know I only have one more week of the easy videos and Ill stick it out, just starting to feel the grind. Next week is that core balance week. I dont even remember that from last time
These are the easy videos ... :wall: Also, for some reason I freaking hate Tanya. Just watching her upsets me, and when she yells 'work out' during one of the videos I want to smash my TV.

These are the easy videos ... :wall: Also, for some reason I freaking hate Tanya. Just watching her upsets me, and when she yells 'work out' during one of the videos I want to smash my TV.
yes. Wait for month 2. I actually have taken two days off. When I took Monday off, I forgot that I would not have time on Tuesday. Need to get back to it today. Ill sub out the thursday stretching video for pure cardio

I feel same but I've done 3 weeks of this #### in my basement and am finishing it. I hate everything about it except I am getting hella improvements. The ab workout reminds me why I have no abs so rudely.

She is always making the same face like she is pretending to be tired. She is a monster and I am fascinated by her. I don't think ShawnT really knows any of the other ones names, he just makes them up.

She is always making the same face like she is pretending to be tired. She is a monster and I am fascinated by her. I don't think ShawnT really knows any of the other ones names, he just makes them up.
I am fascinated by all the chicks. I am convinced that if I was 5'6" 100 pounds, however, this workout would be much easier than being a foot taller and double the weight. If I have to miss the Saturday workout and can't make it up on Sunday do you think I should make it up on Monday and start recovery week Tuesday or just forget about it and go straight to the recovery on Monday?

I am fascinated by all the chicks. I am convinced that if I was 5'6" 100 pounds, however, this workout would be much easier than being a foot taller and double the weight. If I have to miss the Saturday workout and can't make it up on Sunday do you think I should make it up on Monday and start recovery week Tuesday or just forget about it and go straight to the recovery on Monday?
One day wont hurt. Make it up on Sunday and then begin recovery Monday

Fell off the wagon a bit Friday and Saturday - too much drinking and not enough working out. Did some pushups on Saturday and was pleased to bust out 50 in a row.

Decided not to worry about making up the videos and went straight into the recovery workout today. Feel really good immediately after - although that last exercise makes everything burn.

I forgot how tough the Max workouts are. I did Insanity about a year ago. Lately I've been doing the the p90X/Insanity/Asylum hybrid. But for the insanity days, I've been sticking with the month 1 stuff; and I've gotten to the point where I can keep up with those videos for pretty much the entire time. So this week I tried doing the Max workouts. Ugh. They are just impossible!

I forgot how tough the Max workouts are. I did Insanity about a year ago. Lately I've been doing the the p90X/Insanity/Asylum hybrid. But for the insanity days, I've been sticking with the month 1 stuff; and I've gotten to the point where I can keep up with those videos for pretty much the entire time. So this week I tried doing the Max workouts. Ugh. They are just impossible!
yeah, i didnt evem bother. I moved on to running instead

I am a couple days away from month 1 recovery week.

I assume that will also suck.

Luckily this crap is working and I am getting my Swole on.

I'm not a runner....but doing these Max vids this week may change my mind. I did attempted Max Interval Plyo on Tues. It's 55mins long structured similar to Plyo Cardio Circuit. Except the Max one has a whole extra circuit which I didn't even attempt. I did 45 min of the Max routine, then went to the cooldown.

Today I did attempted Max Cardio Conditioning. 50 mins structured a lot like Pure Cardio. No breaks....just one minute moves back to back to back. I finished the disk, but had a LOT of self imposed breaks.

Don't know if I'll ever be able to finish these disks.

Anyone doing 10 min. trainer? I still have the Insanity collection I like to break out now and then, but due to time constraints on certain days during the week, I've put together a hybrid 10 Min. Trainer/P90X program for myself. I've tried to substitute each 10 M.T. into it's corresponding P90 counterpart. I'm thinking I may sub an Insanity disk for the Sat. workout (Core Cardio).

I've only been at it two weeks, but my Phase I is basically this each week:

M-Chest/Back(P90)

T-Cardio (10MT)

W-Shoulders/Arms (P90)

Th-Yoga Flex (10MT)

F-Lower Body (10MT)

S-Core Cardio (10MT)

I'm not a runner....but doing these Max vids this week may change my mind. I did attempted Max Interval Plyo on Tues. It's 55mins long structured similar to Plyo Cardio Circuit. Except the Max one has a whole extra circuit which I didn't even attempt. I did 45 min of the Max routine, then went to the cooldown.

Today I did attempted Max Cardio Conditioning. 50 mins structured a lot like Pure Cardio. No breaks....just one minute moves back to back to back. I finished the disk, but had a LOT of self imposed breaks.

Don't know if I'll ever be able to finish these disks.
I will say a few things about Insanity1. I really like the first month. However, I dont think they do a good transition to the second month. Like you said, you took some breaks. I want to go right into the 2nd month with it being harder but not to the point that I cant do it straight for a full week or two.

2. It really increases your stamina. Had I run before Insanity, I would have probably run somewhere in the 12-13 minute mile. After a month of Insanity, I was at about a 9:15 mile and hardly noticing it. My heart rate was great and I attribute that to Insanity

I think I said how tough the 2nd month was somewhere in this thread before

I admit to not reading this whole thread so I don't know if this has been discussed but these max workouts are not fun. I really liked the first month. I thought the workouts were challenging, never got boring and perfect in terms of time. I honestly looked forward to my workout every day. But after max cardio and max plyo, I almost have no interest in sticking it out for the lag month. I think the workout is too long and too challenging. My body aches and not in a good way. I feel miserable and probably have a bad sinus infaction so that may be part of it but I am in no way looking forward to this anymore. I will trek on for this week taking today off since my head hurts too much but how did you guys get thru it and am I alone here. Maybe I'm just a beeotch and it's that time of the month for me.
lolz

So I did the recovery week and sure wish I realized the first workout back was a fit test + 59 minute crusher bc i wouldve done fit test yesterday. That was easily the hardest yet. The short girl is a complete monster.

I admit to not reading this whole thread so I don't know if this has been discussed but these max workouts are not fun. I really liked the first month. I thought the workouts were challenging, never got boring and perfect in terms of time. I honestly looked forward to my workout every day. But after max cardio and max plyo, I almost have no interest in sticking it out for the lag month. I think the workout is too long and too challenging. My body aches and not in a good way. I feel miserable and probably have a bad sinus infaction so that may be part of it but I am in no way looking forward to this anymore. I will trek on for this week taking today off since my head hurts too much but how did you guys get thru it and am I alone here. Maybe I'm just a beeotch and it's that time of the month for me.
lolz
what a #####

Come on, losers. Have the New Year's resolutions worn off?
I was smart and didn't make a fitness resolution. Now it's summer and I'm going to be starting back up using some of these videos as supplements or going full tilt back into it. I'm not sure since I am moving into a new place the space situation is uncertain. I'll know by the end of the week. I don't know if I should be :excited: or :cry: , but the eye candy will be welcome.

Bumping this.How much overhead/ceiling height do you need? I have my workout equipment in the basement, and the ceiling is just under 7' (old house) down there.
There are jumping movements (think basketball jump shot) fully extended arms above your head. Your ceilings are likely too low or you may need to modify those movements.

Bumping this.How much overhead/ceiling height do you need? I have my workout equipment in the basement, and the ceiling is just under 7' (old house) down there.
I have 8 foot ceilings and I feel they are too short for some of the movements. FWIW, I'm 6'2".

Users who are viewing this thread