What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Business Dynasty League (3 Viewers)

I didnt get anything for third last year btw.
You should have. Talk to Sammy.
Pik, are you sure you were 3rd? I thought I was...I know Sammy paid me something.
Pik was 3rd.Final Standings for 2009Rank Team Batting Pitching Total 1 RnR 56.0 49.5 105.5 2 Berserker 31.0 56.0 87.0 3 I bought sunglasses from a paligimist! 32.0 53.0 85.0 4 The Clifton Comets 38.5 39.5 78.0 5 kraft 44.0 33.5 77.5 6 Pink Taco Posse 49.0 28.0 77.0 7 Guru United 39.0 26.0 65.0 8 Shake Zula 26.5 36.0 62.5 9 No Dynasty for Old Men 21.0 40.0 61.0 9 Greco 48.0 13.0 61.0 11 TU 27.5 31.0 58.5 12 TRE 20.5 27.0 47.5 13 Sammy3469 22.0 22.5 44.5

Ryan Ludwick

Dexter Fowler

Brad Hawpe

Matsui

Soriano

On the block for pitching help. Need a closer and could use a starter also.

I've cornered the market on crappy Latin closers: Gonzalez, Soriano, Perez, Morales, Francisco & Marmol. Looking for a mediocre SP or OF

I am leaning towards having our first waiver after the first week of the season. I want to see those last couple of votes though before deciding every day waivers or every Sunday or Monday.
Why did waivers run this morning? :wub:

Really not happy with the way waivers are going down in this league. If there was one thing I liked about this league it was how I could come home at 2 am log-in and revamp my roster without having to wait a week to see if what happens. I honestly don't even enjoy it anymore and we haven't even started. It's ridiculous.

You get a hot tip on a player and have to wait a week until everyone in the league hears about it??? Ridiculous.

Really not happy with the way waivers are going down in this league. If there was one thing I liked about this league it was how I could come home at 2 am log-in and revamp my roster without having to wait a week to see if what happens. I honestly don't even enjoy it anymore and we haven't even started. It's ridiculous.You get a hot tip on a player and have to wait a week until everyone in the league hears about it??? Ridiculous.
:towelwave:

Really not happy with the way waivers are going down in this league. If there was one thing I liked about this league it was how I could come home at 2 am log-in and revamp my roster without having to wait a week to see if what happens. I honestly don't even enjoy it anymore and we haven't even started. It's ridiculous.You get a hot tip on a player and have to wait a week until everyone in the league hears about it??? Ridiculous.
:goodposting:
No #### that and #### you. We had a league set up. #### shouldn't just change when some new owners come in.

:shrug:
No #### that and #### you. We had a league set up. #### shouldn't just change when some new owners come in.
It was put to a league vote, and this is how a lot of dynasty leagues are run with weekly waivers. :goodposting:

It was put to a league vote, and this is how a lot of dynasty leagues are run with weekly waivers. :goodposting:
FCFS was not an option. How are we going to put it to a league vote without offering an option to keep it the way it is? Didn't mean to get mouthy there but a PTTS was not the correct answer. The dynamics of the league completely changed. FCFS is what made this league worth playing in. Once a week? It could take a month to get done what was previously taken care of in a half hour. For examply I put in 4 waiver moves, three are sniped. Then I have to go a whole other route since that plan didn't work. The next route is sniped. There is no more reward for staying on top of baseball news when it takes a week to make a move. Do you not see this? Did we change the rules to benefit lazy owners? Or people who just don't really have the time to keep up with things?

FCFS was not an option. How are we going to put it to a league vote without offering an option to keep it the way it is? Didn't mean to get mouthy there but a PTTS was not the correct answer. The dynamics of the league completely changed. FCFS is what made this league worth playing in. Once a week? It could take a month to get done what was previously taken care of in a half hour. For examply I put in 4 waiver moves, three are sniped. Then I have to go a whole other route since that plan didn't work. The next route is sniped. There is no more reward for staying on top of baseball news when it takes a week to make a move. Do you not see this? Did we change the rules to benefit lazy owners? Or people who just don't really have the time to keep up with things?
Not really the mark of a "competitive" league.

:bag:
It was put to a league vote, and this is how a lot of dynasty leagues are run with weekly waivers. :shrug:
Actually i think it penalizes lazy owners and it also increases the importance of the waiver order. During the course of the year good owners will get to move up in the waiver order in a league like this with deep, deep benches. There are going to be a few plum players on the wire but for the most part it's pick and trash as far as FCFS. We have gotten Sandoval, Ludwick, Wallace and a whole bunch of other guys off the wire in the first two years so my team has been very active there. With the rules the way that they are I'll get players I want and miss some, too. And lazy owners will get a good nugget, act on it, use FCFS and then sit on their hands for weeks and never make any progress. If you are a lazy owner those things won't change, and if you are a good owner you'll spot the diamonds before most other anyway.

To the upset gentleman that posted the "is this league happening" thread on the league message board:

Yes. We went through all the trouble of the dispersal draft for new teams, PIK paid for the site, etc. Let's everyone calm down, send Dr. D the $40 and enjoy the season.

Let's set the deadline to have him the loot at like April 15, fair enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
To the upset gentleman that posted the "is this league happening" thread on the league message board: Yes. We went through all the trouble of the dispersal draft for new teams, PIK paid for the site, etc. Let's everyone calm down, send Dr. D the $40 and enjoy the season. Let's set the deadline to have him the loot at like April 15, fair enough?
:lmao: PM Dr. D for paypal address.

To the upset gentleman that posted the "is this league happening" thread on the league message board: Yes. We went through all the trouble of the dispersal draft for new teams, PIK paid for the site, etc. Let's everyone calm down, send Dr. D the $40 and enjoy the season. Let's set the deadline to have him the loot at like April 15, fair enough?
:X PM Dr. D for paypal address.
PIK is gonna post at the league home but feel free to pm me if you want the address. Does anyone have issue with the pay structure? We'll go top 3? Top 4? Put it to a vote?If it's top 3: $440 total (12X40-Pik's $40) so how about $250/$120/$70 or top 4 $220/$110/$70/$40I like top 4.

I am still dealing with all the flooding issues here. I had 3-5 feet in one basement and 5-8 inches in another. I am replaceing 3 furnaces and 3 hot water heaters right now so I'm a little distracted. Everything here is cool league wise and try and get Dr. D the $$ asap. If disgruntled dude is out we can replace him easy. Someone talk to him. Anyone seen Greco?

RockNRolen said:
Not fair enough. When I voted for the ww this is not what I envisioned. I envisioned WW for drops and FCFS for all others. I was already pissed about the draft including FA's but to do this to the WW is unacceptable.

There must be something in between FCFS and Weekly waivers that can work out here. I agree that FCFS has problems, but weekly is too long imo.

There must be something in between FCFS and Weekly waivers that can work out here. I agree that FCFS has problems, but weekly is too long imo.
:rolleyes: I think the poll was flawed but if FCFS had been an option, it would have likely split the daily vote even more. The win for weekly waivers indicates that a majority of owners don't want to manage their teams on a daily basis. Most people here are probably in multiple leagues. I like the dynasty format and think following the minors helps me in my other leagues. I'd like the league to continue even though my team sucks.I'd support biweekly waivers as a compromise position.

:shrug: I think the poll was flawed but if FCFS had been an option, it would have likely split the daily vote even more. The win for weekly waivers indicates that a majority of owners don't want to manage their teams on a daily basis. Most people here are probably in multiple leagues. I like the dynasty format and think following the minors helps me in my other leagues. I'd like the league to continue even though my team sucks.I'd support biweekly waivers as a compromise position.
:lmao: Twice a week would be decent. BBL.

:shrug: I think the poll was flawed but if FCFS had been an option, it would have likely split the daily vote even more. The win for weekly waivers indicates that a majority of owners don't want to manage their teams on a daily basis. Most people here are probably in multiple leagues. I like the dynasty format and think following the minors helps me in my other leagues. I'd like the league to continue even though my team sucks.I'd support biweekly waivers as a compromise position.
This is better, but I'll be honest anything short of FCFS for FA is a disappointment. I can't stand the argument that people don't want to managed their teams daily, that is :lmao: First, those people should be the minority. Second, people who are dedicated to the league and pay attention to their teams daily shouldn't be punished to placate the lazy.

RockNRolen said:
Not fair enough. When I voted for the ww this is not what I envisioned. I envisioned WW for drops and FCFS for all others. I was already pissed about the draft including FA's but to do this to the WW is unacceptable.
Oh, I agree. I was in favor of keeping the FCFS, but didn't even get that option. This league is too deep for the WW. Making a roster move in a dynasty league always has long term considerations, and I think FCFS best suits that. There will only be a handful of times that people will be running to the computer to grab a stank closer for some cheap saves. So be it..

The influx of new owners and dispersal draft kind of forced us into a one-time waiver run and it took off from there for some reason.

I'd hate to see the league fold over what is in reality a minor squabble. Rosters are deep enough that the majority of players who'll make a difference are added before reaching the majors. My preference would be biweekly but I'm OK w/ FCFS if the hardasses are in the majority.

What are the "problems" with FCFS? This is how we've been doing it since the league started.
My only problem w/ FCFS is that it shouldn't apply to players who are cut until said player clears waivers. Otherwise I think and though while voting that it shouldn't apply to FA's.This is what happens when we wait until the very last minute to get #### done. I've been asking since Jan. what was going on. We let that draft drag on and here we are. FML.

:sadbanana: I think the poll was flawed but if FCFS had been an option, it would have likely split the daily vote even more. The win for weekly waivers indicates that a majority of owners don't want to manage their teams on a daily basis. Most people here are probably in multiple leagues. I like the dynasty format and think following the minors helps me in my other leagues. I'd like the league to continue even though my team sucks.I'd support biweekly waivers as a compromise position.
FWIW, I voted weekly waivers but I want to manage my team daily. I would've voted FCFS if it was a choice.My problem with daily waivers is that there could be a window each day where we can't claim people because waivers are processing. I want to be able to log on and pick someone up whenever.I like FCFS in this format because long-term value usually doesn't increase that much overnight. Maybe with closers, but even the top young setup men who are earmarked as future closers will probably be owned.

I'll draft up a second poll for voting:

How do you want to see free agents handled?

A. First come, first serve

B. Waivers (twice a week)

That second option will be a waiver period on Thursday or Friday, then a second waiver period on Sunday to cover those who got sniped.

Any objections to these options? If not, I'll post tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll draft up a second poll for voting:How do you want to see free agents handled?A. First come, first serveB. Waivers (twice a week)That second option will be a waiver period on Thursday or Friday, then a second waiver period on Sunday to cover those who got sniped. Any objections to these options? If not, I'll post tomorrow.
I'm ok with this but we should open FCFS immediately.

I'll draft up a second poll for voting:How do you want to see free agents handled?A. First come, first serveB. Waivers (twice a week)That second option will be a waiver period on Thursday or Friday, then a second waiver period on Sunday to cover those who got sniped. Any objections to these options? If not, I'll post tomorrow.
After we vote we'll take action. I'm filling in for Pik while he's dealing with his flood stuff, we'll try to resolve this ASAP.

After we vote we'll take action. I'm filling in for Pik while he's dealing with his flood stuff, we'll try to resolve this ASAP.
Ok cool, in which case no rush.

Poll posted. I hope everyone will agree to move on regardless of whether you like or dislike the results.

A. Hold waivers twice a week, once on Thursday and once on Sunday

B. First come first serve free agent adds/drops with waivers on dropped players only

Everyone please vote ASAP. TIA.

Also I posted my paypal address at the league site, let me know if you have any questions.

FCFS except for a 3day wait on waived players is perfect. I will buy votes if I have to.

I'll send my cash tonight

Cloud be the year Rios puts it all together.

Need a bit of time to think about that offer, Eeph.

Garret Jones is also available for the right package of talent.

:lmao:

:banned:
money sent. Pik I hope all is well in your home, but for god sake open up FCFS.

PAID:Sparty 4/5DR D/Stat 4/5Shake 4/5Finless 4/6Greedygoat 4/6Eephus I think 4/5 (SF)
Updated. They are hitting me with a $1.46 fee on these too, so thanks to Finless for sending an extra $2. Not a huge deal, but if you can send $41.50 that would make sure we are even.

Users who are viewing this thread