What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Business Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

We have quite a battle going on at the top of the table. I can't believe how many nice games my stud sp's have had while parked on my bench. I should be running away with this and FIRED as manager. :lmao:

I want to claim Yasmani Grandal (college) and drop Aaron Hicks. How do I go about getting a placeholder?

I want to claim Yasmani Grandal (college) and drop Aaron Hicks. How do I go about getting a placeholder?
Just post any pickups from the draft in here and we will place them later. Ok? :goodposting:
OK, I've picked up non-prospect with a cool name Tuffy Gosewisch as a placeholder and dropped future five-category uberstud Aaron Hicks in case somebody wants to burn a roster slot on him.

This is my last year in this league, not sure if would help you guys to know this now. Just wanted to give a heads up.

The activity level isn't bad. Most teams have made a free agent move recently. I'm enjoying trying to scout minor leaguers.

I have OF to trade if anyone is interested. Looking for 2B or SP, young ones preferrably.

RnR said:
shake zula said:
This is my last year in this league, not sure if would help you guys to know this now. Just wanted to give a heads up.
What's the problem?
Just not fun anymore. It seems like only the same 4-5 teams are really into it. Without other teams actively participating it is impossible to trade and/or improve. :lmao: Sorry.
Translation: :cry: ;)
:lmao:I haven't gotten a trade offer since mid season last year, and I've had trades pending at times for more than 2 weeks. nuff said brotha! Not my doing, I've tried.

I haven't gotten a trade offer since mid season last year, and I've had trades pending at times for more than 2 weeks. nuff said brotha! Not my doing, I've tried.
It's hard to tell where teams are coming from this early, so you can't really be sure if someone is looking to move a vet for a prospect right now. Trust me, there have been discussions on our side about bringing in Verlander. We just need some pieces to fall in right on both of our teams for us to make our move. Right now you'd require pieces that we just can't move and remain in the dash for the cash.It's weird that you're getting that reaction on deals. I've made quite a few offers and the response was prompt. Of course it was like me going for a dunk against Dwight Howard **REJECTED** but they were all civil about it.(and of course the obligatory "Shake wait...")

I haven't gotten a trade offer since mid season last year, and I've had trades pending at times for more than 2 weeks. nuff said brotha! Not my doing, I've tried.
It's hard to tell where teams are coming from this early, so you can't really be sure if someone is looking to move a vet for a prospect right now. Trust me, there have been discussions on our side about bringing in Verlander. We just need some pieces to fall in right on both of our teams for us to make our move. Right now you'd require pieces that we just can't move and remain in the dash for the cash.It's weird that you're getting that reaction on deals. I've made quite a few offers and the response was prompt. Of course it was like me going for a dunk against Dwight Howard **REJECTED** but they were all civil about it.(and of course the obligatory "Shake wait...")
:goodposting: I'll stay in, and active this year, I just wanted to give a heads up for next year so you have time. Doubt my position will change, but who knows.

Up to double digits with players on the DL. I just don't have the juice for 3-peat, boys.

What's the problem?
Just not fun anymore. It seems like only the same 4-5 teams are really into it. Without other teams actively participating it is impossible to trade and/or improve. :shrug: Sorry.
Translation: :cry: ;)
:lmao:I haven't gotten a trade offer since mid season last year, and I've had trades pending at times for more than 2 weeks. nuff said brotha! Not my doing, I've tried.
Im afraid to make any changes at this point. :unsure:

Just post any pickups from the draft in here and we will place them later. Ok? :thumbup:
OK, I've picked up non-prospect with a cool name Tuffy Gosewisch as a placeholder and dropped future five-category uberstud Aaron Hicks in case somebody wants to burn a roster slot on him.
dropped my Grandal placeholder

At the All-Star Break,

Pik has a big lead. Can he hold on?

Really tight race for 2, 3, 4.

RnR ready for a second half surge to 3-peat?

Bender somehow not in the cellar (congrats Hoos) despite not paying any attention.

Im afraid to make any changes at this point. :thumbup:

I totally understand. Not your fault. League has changed and it's just not my type of league in terms of involvement and activity anymore. If it was free I'd stick around and keep trying but not worth blowing money with no chance of ever getting better :shrug:

Don't have the juice this year. Too many hitters ailing and Eephus keeps cherry picking all the closers.
:wub: The guy must have RSS feeds for 200 relief guys. Once I was watching a game and saw something which made me believe a guy was gonna be a closer soon, and I go to the league and Eephus had picked him up 20 minutes earlier. Uncanny. :lmao:

Don't have the juice this year. Too many hitters ailing and Eephus keeps cherry picking all the closers.
:excited: The guy must have RSS feeds for 200 relief guys. Once I was watching a game and saw something which made me believe a guy was gonna be a closer soon, and I go to the league and Eephus had picked him up 20 minutes earlier. Uncanny. :lmao:
At least 75% of my roster adds have been speculative moves on crap closers

:yes: The guy must have RSS feeds for 200 relief guys. Once I was watching a game and saw something which made me believe a guy was gonna be a closer soon, and I go to the league and Eephus had picked him up 20 minutes earlier. Uncanny. :lmao:
You dont do FAAB for a dynasty league? Thats pretty harsh.

;) The guy must have RSS feeds for 200 relief guys. Once I was watching a game and saw something which made me believe a guy was gonna be a closer soon, and I go to the league and Eephus had picked him up 20 minutes earlier. Uncanny. :)
You dont do FAAB for a dynasty league? Thats pretty harsh.
We really should have one going forward. We went to weekly waivers and everyone cried like 4-year-olds led by Finless. Eephus plucking every single closer candidate should change hearts and minds, but I won't hold my breath. We should have weekly FAAB, that's it. Rosters are 36 deep, you should never have to worry about injuries.

A few ideas about this league:I think we should go to a keeper after this season. True dynasties suck and there is too much turnover. I'm in another league and here are the rules:

- At auction, you have $260- to spend on 29 players including declared keepers: 13 offensive (c,1b,3b,corner,2b,ss,middle,of,of,of,of,ut,ut), 9 pitchers, 7 bench- CONTRACT RULES: A player obtained at auction may be kept at the bid price for 2 seasons. Following the second season, the owner must decide whether to extend that player for 2 more seasons at a $5 increase, or option the player for one more season at the same price, after which time the player would go back into the player pool. If the player is extended, the owner may choose after the fourth season to keep the player for one more year at a $5 increase, or place the player back into the pool. No player will be kept longer than 5 years.- FAAB waivers will run every Friday and Sunday night during the season at approximately midnight. Each owner will have a $100 free agent spending cap.- All players obtained via FAAB waivers in season, prior to 7/31, are contracted at the price for which they were obtained and subjected to the contract rules as outlined above. Players obtained after 7/31 may not be kept beyond that season.- Any player may be dropped at any time without penalty, and that player's contract status will go back to 0. However, when an owner drops a player during the week, he may not bid on that player the following waiver period.- Each team has three injured reserve spots. If an owner has a player in that spot who has been off of the DL for more than a week going into a scoring period, the commissioner will remove that player from the owner's roster.- It is each team’s responsibility to make sure roster is in compliance at all times. Commissioner will spot check and back date errors.
We could also have expanded rosters for minor leaguers. For example you could keep guys longer for the league minimum ($1) as long as they were not in the majors. Then those players would start the normal contract status the day they were called up. So you'd have them for their first two years of service at a bargain basement price (or whatever you paid for them). For guys with good teams (I'm one of them) we could set prices for keepers going to next season at say $7 to $15 so teams could keep some of the advantage they've already built. We could have people choose either $7 contracts and that contract would start in year three, or $15 contracts that would start in year one. So for example I have Morneau. I want to keep him as long as possible so I select the 5 year deal starting at $15 knowing I'll have to give him a $7 raise after year two and year four. Maybe for a guy like Soriano, I give him a $7 contract knowing he's older and I might not want him past year 4. Whatever, just throwing ideas out there. I don't think I'll be back next year if we don't change it up and some of these bottom feeding teams are really bad. having daily FCFS is also a horrible idea for this kind of league, might as well just do a redraft if you want to do FCFS.

I like the FCFS format a lot. Simple and straightforward. Most of the pickups are long-term speculative anyway and not affected by recent info. The exception would be closer candidates, but it's not like Eephus is crushing us all by getting to them early.

Not really interested in any sort of contract system, especially for a league that's had the same format for a few years.

My team sucks now but I think they'll be competitive within a year or two and I'd like to see that out under the current format. If the league isn't going to survive I'd rather know now so I don't waste any more time on it.

Holy Blockbusters batman. Sent out some offers. Willing to trade Miguel for the right package of players.

He's only 27!

I like the FCFS format a lot. Simple and straightforward. Most of the pickups are long-term speculative anyway and not affected by recent info. The exception would be closer candidates, but it's not like Eephus is crushing us all by getting to them early.Not really interested in any sort of contract system, especially for a league that's had the same format for a few years.My team sucks now but I think they'll be competitive within a year or two and I'd like to see that out under the current format. If the league isn't going to survive I'd rather know now so I don't waste any more time on it.
This league won't be folding. I would be open to dropping from dynasty to 10 keepers if everyone wants it but I think we are fine. I went from celler to first in a short time.

Choo and Desmond Jennings aren't going to get it done.
:popcorn:
The more I think about it the more I'm alright with burying this league. If I get an offer or a counter offer it's usually something like that.Really? A mediocre outfielder and a guy with nothing but potential for a future first ballot hall of famer in the prime of his career. I like Jennings but he's no lock to do anything. Could be BJ Upton redux...maybe not even that good. I'm sure I'll hear "it's a starting point". A ridiculous low ball offer is never a good starting point imo.

Reasons for disbanding the league:

1. FCFS is unfair

2. Weekly waivers is unfair

3. FAAB is unfair

4. Lowball trade offers to Clinton

5. Eephus has all the crap closers

6. Too many keepers

7. Did you know Dr. Detroit owns over 500 baseball caps?

Reasons for disbanding the league:1. FCFS is unfair2. Weekly waivers is unfair3. FAAB is unfair4. Lowball trade offers to Clinton5. Eephus has all the crap closers6. Too many keepers7. Did you know Dr. Detroit owns over 500 baseball caps?
. Is that itz?

NOTICE: Even with the odds stacked against them, my team is making a surge towards a 3-peat. (if only PIK would come back down to the rest of us.)

Reasons for disbanding the league:1. FCFS is unfair2. Weekly waivers is unfair3. FAAB is unfair4. Lowball trade offers to Clinton5. Eephus has all the crap closers6. Too many keepers7. Did you know Dr. Detroit owns over 500 baseball caps?
My thoughts:1. No it's not2. N/A3. N/A4. I was gonna try to make a decent offer but I can't figure out how Cabrera is eligible at 3B.5. Well then stop picking up all the crap closers.6. I like keeping everyone, even my terrible players.7. I didn't, but that's pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread