What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Jays Thread*** Lots of optimism, again. (1 Viewer)

How much longer can this Adam Lind charade go on for? He is an embarrassment. Time to move him for a prospect (or some magic beans) or at least put him in the 8/9 spot.
He's so ####### awful. It's time for him to go away. EE to 1st, Thames to DH.9 of 13 Jays batters have a batting average under .235 (Mathis, Edwin, Thames and Lawrie being the exceptions).Drabek looked good once again.It's a miracle this team is above .500, good thing they had an incredibly easy schedule to start the season.
While EE to 1st would be better than Lind, I'd much rather see him stay as the DH. His splits are pretty clear that he fares far better when the DH. I'd rather see Snider in RF and Bautista at 1st.
Maybe they can teach Thames 1B? I agree EE is better as DH but Thames is going to cost the team games defensively in LF. Then again, not sure Thames' bat is good enough to justify him at 1B or DH ( or LF for that matter).
I'd be all for seeing Thames at 1B as well. Most of his problems in the OF seem to be the routes he takes to balls which would be negated at first... and if Lind can play a competent 1B, I'm sure Thames can as well. It wouldn't be a permanent solution but it would get Lind the hell out of there and allow both Snider and Thames to have close to a full season to show what they got. I'm a Thames believer. I think the guy will develop into a .800-.850 OPS guy.

Jays 3/4 hitters sitting at .645 and .594 OPS' respectively.

Lind has no business being in the starting 9, let alone batting 4th.

So, Brandon Morrow 3-hit shutout, 28 batters faced, 8 K's. Really combined the new pitch to contact style with the old strikeout king style.

Henderson Alvarez was pretty great last night. I think maybe the most impressive thing about him has been how deep he's gone in games (41.1 IP in 6 starts). If Morrow and Alvarez keep pitching like they have to start this season and Drabek steadily improves, there's a chance the team can compete into August.

Henderson Alvarez was pretty great last night. I think maybe the most impressive thing about him has been how deep he's gone in games (41.1 IP in 6 starts). If Morrow and Alvarez keep pitching like they have to start this season and Drabek steadily improves, there's a chance the team can compete into August.
His .200 BABIP and 88% strand rate aren't sustainable. He's also still giving up too many HRs and 2.6 K/9 rate is terrible. But the results have been there.

Time for the Cordero experiment to end. What an embarrassment. Jansen or Frasor should be closing games if Santos is unavailable.

Vlad signed to a minor league deal!!!

1) Quite possibly my favorite player ever

2) Even a washed up Vlad >>> Lind

3) EE to 1st, Vlad to DH, Lind to waivers.

The Vladdy signing could also mean the end of Ben Francisco as a Blue Jay, though it's not like he's getting used much now.
My first thought was that Francisco offers more defense than a guy with knees older than I am. Then I checked and saw Francisco has played 1 inning in the field all season. He should probably start thinking about spending all his loose Canadian currency so he doesn't get a bad exchange rate at the airport.

Francisco and Rajai play against the lefty today in place of Lind and Thames - step in the right direction.

Jays have been unlucky this game, really hitting the ball hard but not in the right spots. A bunch of hard hit balls, 4/4 stealing bases and nothing to show for it through 5 innings.

The next few weeks are going to tell us a lot about how this season is going to go IMO.

TB

NYY

NYM

@TB

@Tex

BAL

If they play these next 6 series above .500 I'll be quite impressed.

Drabek and Hutchinson vs the Yankees could be ugly...

And Vlad ahead of schedule already in Dunedin, could be called up early June.

The day they field this lineup will be so awesome...

C - Arencibia

1B - Encarnacion

2B - Johnson

3B - Lawrie

SS - Escobar

RF - Bautista

CF - Rasmus

LF - Snider

DH - Vladdy

:thumbup:

Yes, but it's getting better.

No more Lind, and Farrell saying today that Rajai is going to play a lot more in left, which can't be bad given Thames' lack of power or OBP skills or defense or speed.

These moves aren't making the most sense to me...

First, I'm overjoyed that Lind is no longer taking a spot in the lineup. But wouldn't the prudent thing have been to trade him? Sending him to AAA kills what meager value he had left. Do they really expect him to 'get it' and become a decent hitter again?

Now Thames getting his playing time cut? Same thing. If you don't think the guy is in your future, move him! Why let him rot on the bench and lower his value?

I wouldn't expect to get much for either guy but at least something. But who knows. No one thought VW or Rios were trade-able either.

These moves aren't making the most sense to me...First, I'm overjoyed that Lind is no longer taking a spot in the lineup. But wouldn't the prudent thing have been to trade him? Sending him to AAA kills what meager value he had left. Do they really expect him to 'get it' and become a decent hitter again? Now Thames getting his playing time cut? Same thing. If you don't think the guy is in your future, move him! Why let him rot on the bench and lower his value?I wouldn't expect to get much for either guy but at least something. But who knows. No one thought VW or Rios were trade-able either.
I think they both hold more value staying within the organization than they would being traded for crappy pieces.

These moves aren't making the most sense to me...First, I'm overjoyed that Lind is no longer taking a spot in the lineup. But wouldn't the prudent thing have been to trade him? Sending him to AAA kills what meager value he had left. Do they really expect him to 'get it' and become a decent hitter again? Now Thames getting his playing time cut? Same thing. If you don't think the guy is in your future, move him! Why let him rot on the bench and lower his value?I wouldn't expect to get much for either guy but at least something. But who knows. No one thought VW or Rios were trade-able either.
I think they both hold more value staying within the organization than they would being traded for crappy pieces.
there's not much of a market for DHs who can't hit and LFs who can't do anything

there's not much of a market for DHs who can't hit and LFs who can't do anything
:goodposting:Lind on outright waivers, if true, doesn't surprise me.There might be a team out there willing to overlook Thames' defense if they see potential in his bat, but I think what we've seen from him is what he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at Rasmus' line drive percentage, BABIP, swinging strike%, etc... He has has some bad luck this season. He hasn't been great but he has hit the ball hard.

Evan Crawford needs to go back to AAA. I'm pretty sure if Snider was healthy (he's not wrist injury had him on 7 day DL, came back for 4 or 5 games, now on 7 day DL again) Thames would be in the minors. Will be interesting to see who goes down when Guerrero comes up. Yan Gomes has looked decent and his ability to play 1B/3B/C, might get him a spot for interleague play, which would mean Francisco or maybe Thames goes down.

Not a lot good to say after 5 straight losses, including 2 huge beatings and a heartbreaker vs. Texas. The pitching staff has been getting lucky for a lot of the year - too many walks, not enough K's and that all came home in this trip through the rotation. Romero and Morrow should still be fine. Hutchison may be AA/AAA bound pretty soon. Alvarez will have a long leash but man it would be nice if he struck someone out. Drabek doesn't give up too many hits but just walks so many guys...

Offensively, not much to say. At least Rasmus has his OPS back over .700. Arencibia and Bautista are showing their power again, but other than that it's been so ugly. Lawie is lucky he has so many infield singles, his numbers would be awful without them, he's not driving the ball and getting XBH's at all. I'm not even going to bother with Thames, that was an awful decision from the start and now Snider's hurt. Lind in AAA, Johnson/Escobar both minor injuries and not great when they were healthy.

Pretty much waiting on a 64 year old Vladdy to turn this thing around. But hey, he stole a base in Dunedin... even so I can't imagine they ask him to put his knees on the astroturf defensively.

The pitching staff has been getting lucky for a lot of the year - too many walks, not enough K's and that all came home in this trip through the rotation. Romero and Morrow should still be fine. Hutchison may be AA/AAA bound pretty soon.
So of course Hutch goes and throws 7 innings of 3-hit ball with 9 K's tonight.

You'll be happy to know that Thames has been demoted... and Mike McCoy called up. :X
McCoy is better defensively and fits as a 4th outfielder better than Thames. Rajai has already had an impact in LF. The thing with Thames is he isn't fast and sucks defensively, so he can't be a good bench player. He needs to hit and he can't, hence him having negative value all year and being demoted.Sweep of the Orioles!I was at the game last night, had a fun time, wish there were more fans there. I love seeing Rasmus and Lawrie batting higher in the order (hitting 2nd and 5th tonight). hopefully Farrell leaves them up there for a while.

I agree, I just wish they had someone a little better to call up than McCoy. Hell, bring Gomes back up.

Oh and :lmao: at Hamels claiming that the Jays were cheating. What a moron.

Bautista needs to simmer down a touch. I know he gets some rough calls, but his constant complaining is just making it worse.

The pitching staff has been getting lucky for a lot of the year - too many walks, not enough K's and that all came home in this trip through the rotation. Romero and Morrow should still be fine. Hutchison may be AA/AAA bound pretty soon.
So of course Hutch goes and throws 7 innings of 3-hit ball with 9 K's tonight.
Back-to-back great performances by Hutch against potent offenses. 7 innings, 6 baserunners, 5 K's with just 1 ER given up on a Kelley Shoppach solo shot.

Users who are viewing this thread