What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Owners Selling Their Teams To The Highest Bidder (1 Viewer)

The commish helps with recruiting and approves ALL league membership, end-of-discussion. No one member can say who takes his team. It's not up to him, at least it's not in my leagues.
How can you tell?
I can tell because if an owner leaves the leaving owner isn't the one who picks the next owner. That's not to say that somehow the league just happens to choose the same owner the leaving owner is trying to sell to, but that's not likely.
Old owner sells his login to new owner and updates his email address. How can you tell if neither new or old owners notify you and hide the transaction?

I would have a real problem with this. The commish/league should decide who replaces an owner, not the previous owner. I don't really care about buying a team, but the new ownership needs to be chosen by the league.

Maybe an owner can "present" a potential buyer and the commish/league would have to approve them. But if the league had someone else in mind, then it should go with that person and the old owner makes no profit. Too bad for the old owner.

In my opinion, the team isn't the old owner's to do with whatever they wish. If the league doesn't like the new owner...they simply don't play with them. They can give the "team" (just a hypothetical list of players, really) to anyone. The team is simply an appendage of the league, and the league is there for everyone to enjoy.

Of course, I'm not really talking about a business arrangement where 12 strangers play fantasy football to win money. I'm talking about a league where the people know each other and are friends. In those cases, the most important thing in a league is ownership. Good owners-- whether sharks or just pedestrian players-- can make a league interesting and fun. Great owners can make memories and laughs that last a lifetime.

But bad owners can make you wonder why you bother playing. It's the most important aspect of a league and I wouldn't leave it to one exiting owner to decide who becomes part of the league. They're leaving the league, so they won't care as much as the remaining 11.

The commish helps with recruiting and approves ALL league membership, end-of-discussion. No one member can say who takes his team. It's not up to him, at least it's not in my leagues.
How can you tell?
I can tell because if an owner leaves the leaving owner isn't the one who picks the next owner. That's not to say that somehow the league just happens to choose the same owner the leaving owner is trying to sell to, but that's not likely.
Old owner sells his login to new owner and updates his email address. How can you tell if neither new or old owners notify you and hide the transaction?
I can tell if it's the same guy or not by many reasons that I won't go into here. If it's not, then I find a new owner.

JPeso said:
This is bushleague stuff and those who do it should be identified. If you can't run 20 teams, then don't sign up for them. Chances are JPeso is a college kid that is smart enough to figure out scams, etc, but not old enough to know better.
I most certainly can and did run 20 teams, all of which after one year could not be drafted when stepped back and assessed the value. I just chose not to do so any longer.
Except for the missed lineups and fines....
And I paid the price for that. $25 in only a $75 buy-in league (HyperActive I). I missed two other lineups all year (3 total), one of which was very early in the season (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) and one at an RTS sponsored league early on as well. It wasn't the entire lineup, but just one player left in by accident. I tend to set my lineups early in the week and then re-assess on Sunday AM, but missed one player in each instance (3 total in 20 leagues x 16 weeks, 3/320 = 1%).

Your figures are interesting.

Looks like you made the championship game in all 20.

You must be really good.
What are you talking about? He said he missed setting a lineup three times over 20 leagues. Please re-read before you make yourself look even more clueless.

This is just silly. Sounds like sour grapes to me. I say more power to anyone who can flip their team for a profit.I play FF for two reasons. It's fun and to make money. Fantasy football, whether you want to believe it or not, is an investment.
I too play to make a little extra money. While the rewards do not necessarily make up for the time commitment, it sure is a lot more fun than "real" work and it buys a nice vacation every year (which my wife appreciates). So I don't see anything wrong with making a profit selling a team. In any case, you have to be real good to be able to do it (and from experience, I know that JPeso is that good).I am seriously thinking about entering the FFPC's $750 dynasty league where they flat out say that you CAN sell your team for a profit (subject to commish approval of the new owner). Not the reason I would enter, but it's a nice feature for sure.

This is just silly. Sounds like sour grapes to me. I say more power to anyone who can flip their team for a profit.

I play FF for two reasons. It's fun and to make money. Fantasy football, whether you want to believe it or not, is an investment.
I too play to make a little extra money. While the rewards do not necessarily make up for the time commitment, it sure is a lot more fun than "real" work and it buys a nice vacation every year (which my wife appreciates). So I don't see anything wrong with making a profit selling a team. In any case, you have to be real good to be able to do it (and from experience, I know that JPeso is that good).I am seriously thinking about entering the FFPC's $750 dynasty league where they flat out say that you CAN sell your team for a profit (subject to commish approval of the new owner). Not the reason I would enter, but it's a nice feature for sure.
:yes:

Except for the missed lineups and fines....

And I paid the price for that. $25 in only a $75 buy-in league (HyperActive I). I missed two other lineups all year (3 total), one of which was very early in the season (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) and one at an RTS sponsored league early on as well. It wasn't the entire lineup, but just one player left in by accident. I tend to set my lineups early in the week and then re-assess on Sunday AM, but missed one player in each instance (3 total in 20 leagues x 16 weeks, 3/320 = 1%).

Your figures are interesting.

Looks like you made the championship game in all 20.

You must be really good.

What are you talking about? He said he missed setting a lineup three times over 20 leagues. Please re-read before you make yourself look even more clueless.

RIF

' x 16 weeks '

Users who are viewing this thread