What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Upcoming PED suspension? (1 Viewer)

I'll guess aging former star pitcher. Maybe Brad Lidge or Carlos Zambrano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Volquez? Pffft...big whoop. The only reason someone outside his family might care is because Chapman might get called up.

you guys realize that Volquez hasn't thrown a pitch this year, don't you?
I think that's precisely why no one seems to give a ####.
Man In The Box and Dr Awesome seem to think this creates an immediate need for an arm in the Reds rotation.
I'm aware. Just thinking out loud if this could impact Chapman being called up earlier than they had planned. Carry on.
Impacts nothing. Volquez was on the 60 day DL and not due back until July at the earliest

What are the odds he says it was to help him heal quicker?
I think before anyone speculates on that we'd have to know when the test that he failed was administered. If it was pre-injury, then he should be shunned, imo. If it was during rehab and trying to come back quicker, that changes my view some. :fishing:Regardless of who it is/was, there is a really big loophole that a player on the DL can serve his suspension while still on the DL. Seems like a bad rule, imo.

Heard on MLB Radio he tested positive for a prescribed substance that was given to him to help "enhance" his performance elsewhere, in hopes of having another child with his wife.

Heard on MLB Radio he tested positive for a prescribed substance that was given to him to help "enhance" his performance elsewhere, in hopes of having another child with his wife.
Yep, this was his statement:
“Prior to the conclusion of last season, my wife and I sought medical advice in Cincinnati with the hope of starting a family. As part of my consultation with the physician, I received certain prescribed medications to treat my condition. As a follow up to our original consultation, my wife and I visited another physician in our home city in the Dominican Republic this past off-season. This physician also gave me certain prescribed medications as part of my treatment. Unfortunately, I now know that the medication the physician in the Dominican gave me is one that is often used to treat my condition, but is also a banned substance under Major League Baseball’s drug policy. As a result, I tested positive when I reported to spring training.“Although I understand that I must accept responsibility for this mistake and have chosen not to challenge my suspension, I want to assure everyone that this was an isolated incident involving my genuine effort to treat a common medical issue and start a family. I was not trying in any way to gain an advantage in my baseball career. I am embarrassed by this whole situation and apologize to my family, friends, fans, teammates, and the entire Reds Organization for being a distraction and for causing them any difficulty. I simply want to accept the consequences, learn from the mistake, and continue to strive to be the best person and baseball player I can be.”
Also, what a joke that the suspension starts immediately. The suspension will be over before he's even ready to pitch anyway. I know that MLB has come a long way with their steroid policy, but this loophole needs to be addressed IMO.

you guys realize that Volquez hasn't thrown a pitch this year, don't you?
I think that's precisely why no one seems to give a ####.
Man In The Box and Dr Awesome seem to think this creates an immediate need for an arm in the Reds rotation.
I'm aware. Just thinking out loud if this could impact Chapman being called up earlier than they had planned. Carry on.
Same here. Volquez wasn't going to pitch for them for awhile and I was just wondering if it could have even the slightest impact. Probably not but there's no harm in wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread