What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (4 Viewers)

I feel sorry for you Denver fans. In addition to having the worst coach in the league, now you have a QB that only completes two passes in a game entrenching himself as the starter.
Did you watch the game? Did you see that Denver was running at will on the Chiefs? There was no need to pass, but of course you will just focus on the negative and not what was really going on in the game!

Haha winning in the NFL is not easy. This week underdogs winning, Seattle beating Blatimore; Arizona beating Eagles; Miami beating Redskins, Oakland beating SD; So therefore you are right Baltimore, Philly, Redskins and SD all are wishing you get a win being the favorite in a game.

Anyone using "I expected Denver to win those games against those teams" does little to help their argument. The fact that until Tebow starting playing the Broncos were one of those teams that were expected to lose.

Now as I continue to say, he has a lot of work to do still to make it, but there is obviously some type of potential with Tebow.

Haha winning in the NFL is not easy. This week underdogs winning, Seattle beating Blatimore; Arizona beating Eagles; Miami beating Redskins, Oakland beating SD; So therefore you are right Baltimore, Philly, Redskins and SD all are wishing you get a win being the favorite in a game.
FWIW, the Dolphins were favored by 4.

Anyone using "I expected Denver to win those games against those teams" does little to help their argument. The fact that until Tebow starting playing the Broncos were one of those teams that were expected to lose.

Now as I continue to say, he has a lot of work to do still to make it, but there is obviously some type of potential with Tebow.
Miami were favourites today. /hijak

2 completions, runs for under 50 yards, YET still puts up 20 fantasy points...unreal
Forget "finds ways to win." This guy finds ways to deliver you fantasy points week after week. It's like magic or something. :pickle:
his completion % = hilarious. his team has now switched to a college offense= hilarious. His heart did motivate this team to play for him(check the defensive stats since he became starter)...hilarious. he is 3-1 with this miserable team and could potentially make a playoff run with them= hilarious. This all adds up to me laughing my head off every sunday when I see Tebow pounding it in the endzone on the goaline and completely missing WRs on most of his passes... HOW THE HELL IS HE DOING THIS? ahahhaahhahahahahahahah

Last edited by a moderator:
for those keeping score at home: out of the 6 incomplete passes, 5 of them hit the receiver in the hands. He had only one terrible throw all day.

Also, they didn't attempt a pass until well into the 2nd qtr. The rushing attack was so strong that they just kept pounding it, and that seems to have been the game plan.

for those keeping score at home: out of the 6 incomplete passes, 5 of them hit the receiver in the hands. He had only one terrible throw all day.Also, they didn't attempt a pass until well into the 2nd qtr. The rushing attack was so strong that they just kept pounding it, and that seems to have been the game plan.
:goodposting: Dont feed the trolls with facts.. They just see the stats and say well Tebow sucked again.

for those keeping score at home: out of the 6 incomplete passes, 5 of them hit the receiver in the hands. He had only one terrible throw all day.Also, they didn't attempt a pass until well into the 2nd qtr. The rushing attack was so strong that they just kept pounding it, and that seems to have been the game plan.
Its the anti-Martz offense.

Can you elaborate on this?Were they good throws? Drops?Played well be the defenders. I unfortunately did not get to see the game.

Can you elaborate on this?Were they good throws? Drops?Played well be the defenders. I unfortunately did not get to see the game.
little bit of everything. I obviously don't have notes in front of me, but the first two, at least, were deep passes - as in 30-40 yards down field. Receivers had hands on the ball, DB's managed to pop it out. The third was a shovel pass to Royal that he dropped...don't recall exactly what happened on the others, but they were catchable balls. Like I said - only one really terrible throw to a wide open TE that hit the dirt maybe 6 feet from him.

little bit of everything. I obviously don't have notes in front of me, but the first two, at least, were deep passes - as in 30-40 yards down field. Receivers had hands on the ball, DB's managed to pop it out. The third was a shovel pass to Royal that he dropped...don't recall exactly what happened on the others, but they were catchable balls. Like I said - only one really terrible throw to a wide open TE that hit the dirt maybe 6 feet from him.
He under threw Royal with a duck - it did hit Royals hands but he had to stop for the ball. Two hit Deckers hands but again he threw a soft floating pass that didn't have the needed zip to get to the open receiver - in all three cases the DB's were able to get to the play and break it up. They would have been some pretty good catches but in my eyes it was Tebows fault on these.The shovel pass was not a great one - but it didn't matter it would have gone for a loss most likelyThe TD pass was greatI also liked the quick WR screen to Wills - if the running game can keep producing that play would be great in the future.

He under threw Royal with a duck - it did hit Royals hands but he had to stop for the ball. Two hit Deckers hands but again he threw a soft floating pass that didn't have the needed zip to get to the open receiver - in all three cases the DB's were able to get to the play and break it up. They would have been some pretty good catches but in my eyes it was Tebows fault on these.The shovel pass was not a great one - but it didn't matter it would have gone for a loss most likelyThe TD pass was greatI also liked the quick WR screen to Wills - if the running game can keep producing that play would be great in the future.
And this makes my point, instead of going for the big 40 yard play every pass (which 4 of his throws were today), try the quick out, the WR screen. I mean I know the whole idea is keep doing what you do until they stop you, but at least keep the defense on their toes with the possibility of a short pass.Like I said earlier, I had predicted 4 wins I think Vegas had 5) --everything else from now on in is a bonus. The defense is playing lights out, but there are some tough games coming.

He under threw Royal with a duck - it did hit Royals hands but he had to stop for the ball. Two hit Deckers hands but again he threw a soft floating pass that didn't have the needed zip to get to the open receiver - in all three cases the DB's were able to get to the play and break it up. They would have been some pretty good catches but in my eyes it was Tebows fault on these.
This is what boggles my mind the most about the Brandon Lloyd trade. Tebow often throws these balls that are basically jump balls but with his receiver in a position of advantage over the DB. They're not easy catches, they're plays that the receiver has a clear advantage on, but they still have to be good at going up and getting the ball. Brandon Lloyd was absolutely exceptional at doing that, and they gave him away for pennies while keeping a bunch of quicksters that run good routes and are looking for precision accuracy, which just happens to be the one thing they saw in Tebow (lack of precision accuracy) that kept him off the field in the first place. It makes zero sense.This gimmicky stuff is fun, but it's not going to work long-term. I'm sure John Fox has gone from Tebow's biggest critic to his biggest fan because he now has the idea in his mind that he can run an absurd caricature of the run oriented offense that he already loved and NEVER pass the ball at all, but it's only damaging Tebow's prospects long term. Like Reggie Bush (anyone else notice that he's actually having a pretty solid year as a more traditional running back despite playing on a much worse team now?), the idea that he needs to be pigeon-holed into some special role is just something that will end up in a strung out experiment gone wrong. The best thing to do with Tebow is to forget about changing his throwing motion and play him as a regular QB. Tebow *NEVER* made the hilariously awful passes that he's made regularly this year when he was in college or even when he played last year. I know that the NFL and College aren't the same game but the slightly different shape of the ball doesn't suddenly make you start overthrowing wide open receivers that's are 3 yards away by 14 yards. It never happened in college and it never happened last year. Only once Fox and Elway got to tinkering did it begin.

He under threw Royal with a duck - it did hit Royals hands but he had to stop for the ball. Two hit Deckers hands but again he threw a soft floating pass that didn't have the needed zip to get to the open receiver - in all three cases the DB's were able to get to the play and break it up. They would have been some pretty good catches but in my eyes it was Tebows fault on these.
This is what boggles my mind the most about the Brandon Lloyd trade. Tebow often throws these balls that are basically jump balls but with his receiver in a position of advantage over the DB. They're not easy catches, they're plays that the receiver has a clear advantage on, but they still have to be good at going up and getting the ball. Brandon Lloyd was absolutely exceptional at doing that, and they gave him away for pennies while keeping a bunch of quicksters that run good routes and are looking for precision accuracy, which just happens to be the one thing they saw in Tebow (lack of precision accuracy) that kept him off the field in the first place. It makes zero sense.This gimmicky stuff is fun, but it's not going to work long-term. I'm sure John Fox has gone from Tebow's biggest critic to his biggest fan because he now has the idea in his mind that he can run an absurd caricature of the run oriented offense that he already loved and NEVER pass the ball at all, but it's only damaging Tebow's prospects long term. Like Reggie Bush (anyone else notice that he's actually having a pretty solid year as a more traditional running back despite playing on a much worse team now?), the idea that he needs to be pigeon-holed into some special role is just something that will end up in a strung out experiment gone wrong. The best thing to do with Tebow is to forget about changing his throwing motion and play him as a regular QB. Tebow *NEVER* made the hilariously awful passes that he's made regularly this year when he was in college or even when he played last year. I know that the NFL and College aren't the same game but the slightly different shape of the ball doesn't suddenly make you start overthrowing wide open receivers that's are 3 yards away by 14 yards. It never happened in college and it never happened last year. Only once Fox and Elway got to tinkering did it begin.
They had the trade deadline to consider and Demarious Thomas is supposed to be the replacement - but he's a bit busted up and just trying to get back into playing shape - but going forward it's DT, Decker and Royal - with Lloyd being an FA they at least get a 5th round pick. The ball isn't the difference - at florida he could chuck the ball up with his wild motion and a speedy Florida receiver could run by the DB and under the ball.Remember when Auburn made it a tough day at the office because they had talent - there are no Vandys and Kentuckys in the NFL - Every player is an Auburn quality starter and they are coming at him in a hurry now. You are open in the NFL when you have a step and you need to hit the receiver in that tight window - honestly at Florida he never really had to do this. So they look awful now.

This is what boggles my mind the most about the Brandon Lloyd trade. Tebow often throws these balls that are basically jump balls but with his receiver in a position of advantage over the DB. They're not easy catches, they're plays that the receiver has a clear advantage on, but they still have to be good at going up and getting the ball. Brandon Lloyd was absolutely exceptional at doing that, and they gave him away for pennies while keeping a bunch of quicksters that run good routes and are looking for precision accuracy, which just happens to be the one thing they saw in Tebow (lack of precision accuracy) that kept him off the field in the first place. It makes zero sense.

This gimmicky stuff is fun, but it's not going to work long-term. I'm sure John Fox has gone from Tebow's biggest critic to his biggest fan because he now has the idea in his mind that he can run an absurd caricature of the run oriented offense that he already loved and NEVER pass the ball at all, but it's only damaging Tebow's prospects long term. Like Reggie Bush (anyone else notice that he's actually having a pretty solid year as a more traditional running back despite playing on a much worse team now?), the idea that he needs to be pigeon-holed into some special role is just something that will end up in a strung out experiment gone wrong. The best thing to do with Tebow is to forget about changing his throwing motion and play him as a regular QB. Tebow *NEVER* made the hilariously awful passes that he's made regularly this year when he was in college or even when he played last year. I know that the NFL and College aren't the same game but the slightly different shape of the ball doesn't suddenly make you start overthrowing wide open receivers that's are 3 yards away by 14 yards. It never happened in college and it never happened last year. Only once Fox and Elway got to tinkering did it begin.
To your point about trading Lloyd: the skeptic in me thinks they traded him BECAUSE he would be a good weapon for Tebow, and keeping him would decrease Tebow's chance of failing. As I said earlier in the thread, I really believe that the initial plan to start Tebow wasn't so much the 1-4 record and Orton sucking, but rather Fox and Elway saying to the fans "You wanted him??? Now you've got him!" ... knowing he would fail, and they wouldn't have to deal with the constant public pressure that comes with having this guy on your roster that none of them ever wanted in the first place.That's the skeptic in me. I hope that's not the case. But then a funny thing happened on the way to 1-15. THE GUY WINS!

To your point about Fox playing Mad Scientist with that funky run offense: keep in mind that when Miami unveiled the wildcat in '08 (out of necessity), it took everyone by surprise and actually worked for damn near an entire season. But eventually, defensive coordinators learned how to stop it. Tebow's read-option will meet the same fate once it's on tape for several weeks, I'm afraid. But as long as it works, hell... run the thing into the ground.

I feel sorry for you Denver fans. In addition to having the worst coach in the league, now you have a QB that only completes two passes in a game entrenching himself as the starter.
Did you watch the game? Did you see that Denver was running at will on the Chiefs? There was no need to pass, but of course you will just focus on the negative and not what was really going on in the game!
Why not? That's what the announcers were doing all game. They didn't have to throw the ball more than 8 times because the Chiefs couldn't stop the run all game.

How are the Broncos winning 3 of 4 if they have the "worst coach in the league" AND "the worst QB in the league?"This coaching staff has done a very good job changing the entire offense midseason to accomodate Tebow and put the team in winnable situations. This spread option offense is new to the coaches and most of the players, but somehow it is working....Not sure how long it will work, but I think the coaching staff gets a :thumbup: for the work it has put in to get this team back in the divisional race.

How are the Broncos winning 3 of 4 if they have the "worst coach in the league" AND "the worst QB in the league?"This coaching staff has done a very good job changing the entire offense midseason to accomodate Tebow and put the team in winnable situations. This spread option offense is new to the coaches and most of the players, but somehow it is working....Not sure how long it will work, but I think the coaching staff gets a :thumbup: for the work it has put in to get this team back in the divisional race.
To be quite honest, despite the win, I think the playcalling was subpar. I understood what they were trying to do but the 3rd and long runs were a little odd. Some screens and rollouts would have made sense in those situations. I'm very interested to see what happens Thursday. I have my doubts without McGahee. Tebow will have to throw.

To be quite honest, despite the win, I think the playcalling was subpar. I understood what they were trying to do but the 3rd and long runs were a little odd. Some screens and rollouts would have made sense in those situations. I'm very interested to see what happens Thursday. I have my doubts without McGahee. Tebow will have to throw.
Tebow against the Jets defense was going to be interesting anyway. Tebow against a pissed off Jets defense is must-see TV.

I wasn't specifically citing the playcalling so much as Denver changing its entire offensive scheme. This offense doesn't even resemble the offense that was installed earlier in the season. The Bronco coaching staff is installing much of this on the fly--with input from players. The fact that it has worked out for 3 of 4 games is impressive.I expect some bumps along the way and I am not sure this is a scheme that will work long term...but as a Bronco fan it has been nice to see the team win a few--especially in Oak and KC.

:goodposting: I liked the John Fox hire at the time, and I still do. I figured he'd get the team playing good defense and running the ball well in due time, and he already is. Tebow's style won't work long term, but it is for now, so I guess you gotta keep going with it.

The mainstream media is absolutely distraught over Tebow's success thus far. They will continue to focus on the negatives, and ignore the undeniablely positive effect he's had on his team since becoming the starter. Winning supposedly means everything to these arrogant talking heads, except when the guy winning is Tebow.

Fox's game plan was the most moronic, reactionary one I've ever seen. It was not only Woody Hayes-like, it was close to pre-Knute Rockne-invention of the forward pass-style. It worked because he was up against an even bigger moron in "Psycho" Todd Haley, who somehow couldn't adjust his defense to stop perpetual runs up the middle. He probably could have safely left the WRs unguarded- Fox was that committed to the run, and not allowing Tebow to develop a rythym as a passer. Clearly, Elway and Fox have tried to do everything in their power to hamper Tebow's chances of succeeding. To their horror, he is finding a way to win in spite of their refusal to call logical plays for him. What kind of nutty coaching staff runs the ball over and over again, in a close game, and passes only when the situation is obvious (and thus the defense is prepared for it), and then throws it deep? Are there now no mid-range throws in their playbook? Do they not understand all those runs should have logically softened the pass defense?

Tebow's stats, at this stage of his NFL career, compare favorably with virtually every great QB in the history of the game at a similar point in their careers. The only negative stat he really has is completion pct., but even there many of the great ones started out in a similar way (Terry Bradshaw, for instance, was something like 37% as a rookie starting most or all of the season). Yes, when he makes a bad throw it looks really bad. However, he also has thrown some of the most beautiful, deadly accurate bombs I've ever seen (like the one to Decker today). And no one, outside of Vick, has ever shown the kind of potential Tebow displays as a running QB.

I'm waiting to see if ESPN will simply stop reporting on Denver victories. Hoge, Chris Carter, Esiason, etc. are so full of themselves, and have expended so much time and effort trying to destroy this kid that I cannot envision them ever admitting such a collosal misjudgement. I doubt it will happen, but I would really love to see Tebow beat Ryan and the Jets. Now that would be really sweet.

I don't know what to say except this is entertaining stuff. I did not like Tebow as a college player but as a pro I am pulling for him more and more. I love the style of football, I love that the Denver defense is playing so well, I love that rules and formations from the 1900's to 1940's are working TODAY, I love that journalist and player commentators are howling and I love that Tebow is on all my FF teams while it's happening.

The poster above is right, the Jets Broncos game is must-see tv next week. And I may even start him over Stafford just for the sheer entertainment...

I don't know what to say except this is entertaining stuff. I did not like Tebow as a college player but as a pro I am pulling for him more and more. I love the style of football, I love that the Denver defense is playing so well, I love that rules and formations from the 1900's to 1940's are working TODAY, I love that journalist and player commentators are howling and I love that Tebow is on all my FF teams while it's happening.The poster above is right, the Jets Broncos game is must-see tv next week. And I may even start him over Stafford just for the sheer entertainment...
Ditto.. Ditto... Ditto...I friggin love this forum.That's why Tebow is great for the NFL. Let's watch football and enjoy what we see!!!

2 completions, runs for under 50 yards, YET still puts up 20 fantasy points...unreal
Forget "finds ways to win." This guy finds ways to deliver you fantasy points week after week. It's like magic or something. :pickle:
his completion % = hilarious. his team has now switched to a college offense= hilarious. His heart did motivate this team to play for him(check the defensive stats since he became starter)...hilarious. he is 3-1 with this miserable team and could potentially make a playoff run with them= hilarious. This all adds up to me laughing my head off every sunday when I see Tebow pounding it in the endzone on the goaline and completely missing WRs on most of his passes... HOW THE HELL IS HE DOING THIS? ahahhaahhahahahahahahah
Divine intervention ;)Still like that my team has Dalton instead :) -QG

Seriously, the only other time I've seen a gameplan like that was in the on-line Madden league I was in where I inherited a team with Adrian Peterson, a great offensive line, and a total trash fire at QB (my choice of then 77-rated Vick or Nate Flippin' Davis). Ran early, ran often. Had games with 0 passes and won by 20. Great fun. In Madden.

-QG

As a Denver fan I try not to get too worked up over Tebow. I couldn't care less who is our QB (within reason) as long as my team wins. And when I say "wins" I don't mean on a week to week basis with no thought to the future. I mean "wins" as an organization over the long term.

It's not looking good unless you are wearing your rose colored glasses nearly 100% of the time.

I hope Tebow learns to throw better. I really do. I'm a Broncos fan. I want us to win. I last posted about Tebow two or three weeks ago (in another thread) and then sat it out for a few weeks to see how he did. When people say "he just wins" I throw out their opinion immediately. That might apply to some people but not Tebow. First, it's too early in his career. Second, I've watched him live as well as on TV and on the internet in game replays. "Just wins" has not been proven by winning these last couple games. Orton won against Cincy, one of the better defenses in the league and now we know one of the better teams in the AFC. He then lost to other, worse teams. Tebow has gotten clobbered by some teams, to the point that it was embarassing to watch, and then won games where the coaching staff almost literally takes the game out of his hands as a passer. Can we beat the Raiders like that? Yes (although with Palmer heating up I'm not so sure anymore). Can we beat the Cheifs like that? Obviously (even though it got close). Can we beat the top half of the NFL with this offense? I don't think so.

I hope so. I really do. I hope I'm watching some revolution in the NFL. A new type of QB where it doesn't matter that his thrown balls look like a dead racoon carcass while in flight. A QB that runs this option we are using and as a team we keep pounding the ball so often, so consistantly, with both QB and RB and FB that when our QB does actually throw the ball it catches the defense off guard so badly that our WR has gotten the jump on them and he can attempt to catch the ball floating in the air. I hope we can keep winning without thowing out patterns to the sideline or any type of quick-release zip pattern that needs an almost instant read at the LOS along with a snap-throw. I hope we are seeing my Broncos creating a renaissance of ingenuity in the NFL and we are able to become a Super Bowl worthy team along the way. I really, really, really do.

I wouldn't bet the farm on it, though. It's a risky bet, at best. I remember in his final year at Florida they were trying to work on his throwing to help him in the upcoming draft. He had all last year to work on it. He's worked on it this year. Now, watch the game yesterday. It's the same throwing motion. Let's all be honest - his throw probably isn't going to change. It is what it is, as KG always says.

Either we change the NFL and the way the QB position is played by creating a new type of offense that will work with Tebow in it or we fail miserably and we move on. I'll get my hopes up when we can compete with good teams in the league - not just an Oakland team with a new QB-off-the-couch and a KC team that is vying for the cellar in a weak division. Hell, I don't even need to see us beat the good teams. Just compete. I want our QB to show me flashes. Watch Ponder in his first start. He had a few passes where you said "Wow, that was pretty good. There's potential." Watch Dalton and you'll see a few plays where you say "Man, now that's some great poise for a young QB. He not afraid to zip that ball in there and he made it happen." Watch a few of the other young guys, as well. The ones you consider potential "studs" that with the right team around them could win a Super Bowl. Right now I say similar things about Tebow but mostly when he's running the ball or throwing on a play that was created not only because of his running but also because of the three horrible passes he threw earlier in the game that helped to bait the safety a step or two towards the line - which allows our WR to get past him.

We need something exciting and new, something not seen in the NFL for a looong time to win with Tebow. I hope to god we find it. I really do. Cause I don't think Tebow's throwing is going to change if it hasn't changed in the last 3 years with a multitude of college and pro coaches working with him - in-season and off.

I don't judge the man. I just judge what he does on the field for my team. He's shown he can beat average to crappy teams with his feet and an occasional pass here and there. I'm happy that's the case (especially against those irritating Raiders and Cheifs). Now I wait to see how he does against a team that will make him pass - or can he just keep running even on the best Ds in the league? I don't know.

I just watch. And pray.

:goodposting: He goes 2 for 8 passing, under 100 yards passing, under 100 yards rushing AND still outscores:StaffordFreemanVickBig BenCutlerNewtonFitzpatrickBradfordDaltonHasselbeckFlaccoand others...Sometimes I go back and try to add it up to make sure the scoring is right.For years people have said "you can't win unless you can run the ball and control the clock - especially in the playoffs" - and now "experts" (and some of the haters in this thread) are saying "you can't win unless you can pass the ball - especially in the playoffs". Pick a lane and get a grip. If Fox adds some shorter passes into the game plan to keep defenses honest, Denver can most certainly win games (they already are) and against good teams. But for now, I'm happy just having Tebow put up big numbers in the scoring column for my FF team. :thumbup:

As a Denver fan I try not to get too worked up over Tebow. I couldn't care less who is our QB (within reason) as long as my team wins. And when I say "wins" I don't mean on a week to week basis with no thought to the future. I mean "wins" as an organization over the long term.

It's not looking good unless you are wearing your rose colored glasses nearly 100% of the time.

I hope Tebow learns to throw better. I really do. I'm a Broncos fan. I want us to win. I last posted about Tebow two or three weeks ago (in another thread) and then sat it out for a few weeks to see how he did. When people say "he just wins" I throw out their opinion immediately. That might apply to some people but not Tebow. First, it's too early in his career. Second, I've watched him live as well as on TV and on the internet in game replays. "Just wins" has not been proven by winning these last couple games. Orton won against Cincy, one of the better defenses in the league and now we know one of the better teams in the AFC. He then lost to other, worse teams. Tebow has gotten clobbered by some teams, to the point that it was embarassing to watch, and then won games where the coaching staff almost literally takes the game out of his hands as a passer. Can we beat the Raiders like that? Yes (although with Palmer heating up I'm not so sure anymore). Can we beat the Cheifs like that? Obviously (even though it got close). Can we beat the top half of the NFL with this offense? I don't think so.

I hope so. I really do. I hope I'm watching some revolution in the NFL. A new type of QB where it doesn't matter that his thrown balls look like a dead racoon carcass while in flight. A QB that runs this option we are using and as a team we keep pounding the ball so often, so consistantly, with both QB and RB and FB that when our QB does actually throw the ball it catches the defense off guard so badly that our WR has gotten the jump on them and he can attempt to catch the ball floating in the air. I hope we can keep winning without thowing out patterns to the sideline or any type of quick-release zip pattern that needs an almost instant read at the LOS along with a snap-throw. I hope we are seeing my Broncos creating a renaissance of ingenuity in the NFL and we are able to become a Super Bowl worthy team along the way. I really, really, really do.

I wouldn't bet the farm on it, though. It's a risky bet, at best. I remember in his final year at Florida they were trying to work on his throwing to help him in the upcoming draft. He had all last year to work on it. He's worked on it this year. Now, watch the game yesterday. It's the same throwing motion. Let's all be honest - his throw probably isn't going to change. It is what it is, as KG always says.

Either we change the NFL and the way the QB position is played by creating a new type of offense that will work with Tebow in it or we fail miserably and we move on. I'll get my hopes up when we can compete with good teams in the league - not just an Oakland team with a new QB-off-the-couch and a KC team that is vying for the cellar in a weak division. Hell, I don't even need to see us beat the good teams. Just compete. I want our QB to show me flashes. Watch Ponder in his first start. He had a few passes where you said "Wow, that was pretty good. There's potential." Watch Dalton and you'll see a few plays where you say "Man, now that's some great poise for a young QB. He not afraid to zip that ball in there and he made it happen." Watch a few of the other young guys, as well. The ones you consider potential "studs" that with the right team around them could win a Super Bowl. Right now I say similar things about Tebow but mostly when he's running the ball or throwing on a play that was created not only because of his running but also because of the three horrible passes he threw earlier in the game that helped to bait the safety a step or two towards the line - which allows our WR to get past him.

We need something exciting and new, something not seen in the NFL for a looong time to win with Tebow. I hope to god we find it. I really do. Cause I don't think Tebow's throwing is going to change if it hasn't changed in the last 3 years with a multitude of college and pro coaches working with him - in-season and off.

I don't judge the man. I just judge what he does on the field for my team. He's shown he can beat average to crappy teams with his feet and an occasional pass here and there. I'm happy that's the case (especially against those irritating Raiders and Cheifs). Now I wait to see how he does against a team that will make him pass - or can he just keep running even on the best Ds in the league? I don't know.

I just watch. And pray.
:thumbup: :goodposting:

If I was a Bronco fan, I would be happy my team was winning. Let opposing fans poke fun all they want. Winning ugly is much better than losing pretty.

I never thought Tebow would make it this long in the NFL. His throwing mechanics are all wrong. He is not an accurate passer. Somehow he wins games. That is all that matters.

Question: Does Favreco come in here this week?
Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
For the majority in this thread - you have already lost this argument. Most of us argued fantasy value - and that's already proven.
:lmao:
How about making a point how the above is wrong? If anyone is laughing, it's at you.

Question: Does Favreco come in here this week?
Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
For the majority in this thread - you have already lost this argument. Most of us argued fantasy value - and that's already proven.
:lmao:
How about making a point how the above is wrong? If anyone is laughing, it's at you.
You are touting a guy that scored a stinking 19 points against one of the worst teams in the league (that last week lost to Miami). Guess what Matt Moore put up against KC. Just take a guess. I'll help ya out. 17-244 and 3 TDs. Yes, I'm laughing at you.In time. Remember, I'll be closing out this thread. You'll be long gone. Anyone with this bum as a fantasy starter in a dynasty is a bottomfeeder. You do realize he went 2-8 against a team that lost to Miami. He will eventually find his true spot as a clipboard holder once it starts getting ugly in Denver, which it will. Hell, it already is ugly. Lucky they have a defense and played a couple of cupcakes. Ya get points for clipboard holders? How's you fantasy produciton going to look then? Wins vs Miami and KC are not exactly a rousing endorsement. He's coming up against some real defenses now.

Go ahead and ride this bum while ya can. I'll stick with a point scoring QB like Eli Manning.

Are you counting the 1st deep ball to Decker which hit the defender's hands first then Decker got a piece of it?Also I don't understand why people are calling for the short passes. The run-run-run-BOMB! strategy is great. The defense is already moving up on the LOS so why try to throw short. Make the CB/S choose: look into the backfield or turn and run with the WR.Count me among those rooting for Tebow but a little skeptical about how long this run will last.PS - Where is Dennis Dixon these days?

In the last 4 games, he's QB8 in terms of PPG in my main league, ahead of the following: Stafford; Brady; Schaub; Rivers; Sanchez; Vick. Who knows if it's going to last, but he's been a great complement to Stafford these last 2 weeks.

In the last 4 games, he's QB8 in terms of PPG in my main league, ahead of the following: Stafford; Brady; Schaub; Rivers; Sanchez; Vick. Who knows if it's going to last, but he's been a great complement to Stafford these last 2 weeks.
He's no John Skelton who has put up 20 and 35 the last two weeks. You should cut The Tebow and get the better fantasy scorer.

Good point about Dennis Dixon above. I wonder how many talented college QBs have never gotten the chance to do in the NFL what they are doing for Tebow.

Also - trivia question: when was the last time an NFL QB completed just 2 passes, played a whole game, and won that game?

I do not know the answer to that but it has to be at least pre-1950 and probably more like pre-1940.

He's no John Skelton who has put up 20 and 35 the last two weeks. You should cut The Tebow and get the better fantasy scorer.
Not that it really matters but in my league over the last two weeks Tebow was better than Skelton. In my league Skelton put up 18.68 and 30.1 (total of 48.78) where as Tebow put up 30.76 and 19.06 (total of 49.82). Tebow was the better fantasy QB over the last two weeks at least in the league I play in. Skelton was better this past week, I will grant you that. But he was also better than Drew Brees.

Good point about Dennis Dixon above. I wonder how many talented college QBs have never gotten the chance to do in the NFL what they are doing for Tebow.Also - trivia question: when was the last time an NFL QB completed just 2 passes, played a whole game, and won that game?I do not know the answer to that but it has to be at least pre-1950 and probably more like pre-1940.
Not quite an answer to your question but.....from footballguys newsBroncos | Tim Tebow makes history in Week 10 Mon Nov 14, 08:54 AM Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow became the first quarterback with more rushes than passes in a game in which he threw every pass for his team since 1974. Tebow had eight pass attempts and nine rushing attempts in Week 10.Our view: Broncos head coach John Fox said the team's gameplan to continuously run the ball is not an indictment on Tebow as a passer. The Chiefs simply couldn't stop the run, so the Broncos kept going back to the well. Out of Tebow's 6 incompletions, 5 of those passes hit the hands of his receivers.The last sentence is a joke: In regards to the first long pass to Decker It should say it hit hands of the receiver after being batted around by the defender on a miseribly underthrown ball

Good point about Dennis Dixon above. I wonder how many talented college QBs have never gotten the chance to do in the NFL what they are doing for Tebow.

Also - trivia question: when was the last time an NFL QB completed just 2 passes, played a whole game, and won that game?

I do not know the answer to that but it has to be at least pre-1950 and probably more like pre-1940.
Not quite an answer to your question but.....from footballguys newsBroncos | Tim Tebow makes history in Week 10 Mon Nov 14, 08:54 AM

Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow became the first quarterback with more rushes than passes in a game in which he threw every pass for his team since 1974. Tebow had eight pass attempts and nine rushing attempts in Week 10.

Our view: Broncos head coach John Fox said the team's gameplan to continuously run the ball is not an indictment on Tebow as a passer. The Chiefs simply couldn't stop the run, so the Broncos kept going back to the well. Out of Tebow's 6 incompletions, 5 of those passes hit the hands of his receivers.

The last sentence is a joke: In regards to the first long pass to Decker It should say it hit hands of the receiver after being batted around by the defender on a miseribly underthrown ball
no, his second deep throw to Decker was underthrown badly. His first long throw to him was right in the breadbasket and hit Decker's hands - the DB came over his back and made a great play to swat it out of Decker's grasp.Tebow made two bad throws yesterday - the second deep ball to Decker and a third down out route to the TE where he threw it in the dirt several yards short. Everything else was catchable.

from watching the games it looks like Tebow's accuracy is starting to improve slightly. I'm not sure if it's enough to move the ball consistently yet, though - the Jets will be a big test Thursday night.

Good point about Dennis Dixon above. I wonder how many talented college QBs have never gotten the chance to do in the NFL what they are doing for Tebow.Also - trivia question: when was the last time an NFL QB completed just 2 passes, played a whole game, and won that game?I do not know the answer to that but it has to be at least pre-1950 and probably more like pre-1940.
Derek Anderson went 2-for-17 for 23 yards in a 2009 victory over Buffalo:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910110buf.htm

"You play to win the game"
Do you play to...1) Win the game.2) Make the playoffs.3) Do well in the playoffs.4) Win the title.Many fans and fanbases have different expectations. I don't have an answer to that question. Those putting more focus on the first two should be very happy with Tebow. Many contend those looking toward the back end of that list think Tebow isn't the guy.
So are you saying they should put in their worst option so they get that 1st pick sooner or later? Or maybe I'm missing your point.I guess I'm sort of confused, the Broncos had a QB not too long ago that they won a lot of games with and made the playoffs every season he started the majority of the games in Plummer. They used a 1st rounder to draft a new QB. So it's not like they're going to say well Tebow's winning some games for us but not the answer and just leave him at QB. They'll keep exploring other options if they don't think he's the long-term answer. I guess it depends on whether you'd rather finish the season 6-10 or 2-14. Personally I'd rather see my team win 6 but I guess I understand the appeal of the Indy strategy this season.

Farveco is pretty much arguing a point that nobody else is making. Can't debate with a guy that doesn't even know the topic of the debate.

Users who are viewing this thread