What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (3 Viewers)

Question: Does Favreco come in here this week?
Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
So...

Denver and the Orange Crush reached the Super Bowl with Craig Morton. Craig Morton was a lot (a lot) worse than Tebow offensively. No I am not saying they will reach the SB but I'm just saying that combo can go a lot further than people will maybe at first think. The Jets with Sanchez reaching the AFCC is another example perhaps. Also Miami with Woodley (SB team).By the way the Denver DST is starting to look like a good add.
Yes no doubt I think they can win. But, can they win without a good defense? Not many defenses are consistently good in modern day NFL.

assuming denver were to part ways with tebow, where do you think he could end up?who would take a chance building around him?from a marketing standpoint alone it could be worth it, no?
From a marketing standpoint, Miami should give it a go. SF would be a good spot, with that defense. Jacksonville should try to get him, too. He's just like Gabbert, but with 70-80 rushing yards tacked on, less picks, and a few wins. They might be able to stop blacking out games in Jacksonville if they got Tebow.

assuming denver were to part ways with tebow, where do you think he could end up?who would take a chance building around him?from a marketing standpoint alone it could be worth it, no?
From a marketing standpoint, Miami should give it a go. SF would be a good spot, with that defense. Jacksonville should try to get him, too. He's just like Gabbert, but with 70-80 rushing yards tacked on, less picks, and a few wins. They might be able to stop blacking out games in Jacksonville if they got Tebow.
From a marketing standpoint I bet the Jacksonville management are kicking themselves in their own nuts for not drafting Tebow.

Related question: is it a lock that Denver keeps Orton? I know he didn't perform terrifically earlier this year, but he could certainly start on some NFL teams currently, such as Washington. And now that his value has taken a hit via this benching in favor of Tebow, what would Denver ask for him.

fdc and mdlane, h ford,i thought jags made most sense but with them just drafting a qb wasn't sure. didn't think harbaugh would be that type of guy. thought he is more of the elway type wanting a typical qb?depending on who miami brings in for coaching next year, that would be interesting as well.

Eh. Tebow's NFL "success" looks pretty flukey. Bad numbers being masked by bad competition and good luck. I think it's likely that he'll be irrelevant within 2 years.

Teams will take away the few things he does well and force him to beat them with his arm. Barring massive improvement as a passer, he'll fail. You just can't consistently win games when you're completing 47% of your passes. I suspect we'll see him come back to reality as early as weeks 14-16 this season.

Vince Young had the same kind of performance when he first became a starter and we know how that turned out.
If Vince Young had the same character as Tebow, he'd probably have won a Super Bowl by now. All he does is win football games.

I'm not seeing how you can call the Jets "bad competition".
Their offense is pitiful. Sanchez played terribly, gifted Denver 7 points, and allowed them to hang around the game. The Tebow mystique will vanish when he comes against a team with a decent defense and an above average QB who can hang 20+ on the board like it's nothing. Barring huge improvement, he will never be able to trade punches with quarterbacks like Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rodgers, which is ultimately what you need to do to last as a starter in the NFL.

I think people are getting a little too caught up in the short term results without looking at the long term prognosis. Tebow has done just enough to squeak by a handful of poor opponents who didn't show up. Sooner or later someone will give him another real challenge (like in Detroit) and he will be exposed. That 47% completion percentage will catch up with him eventually.

Niners.
I keep seeing people mentioning San Francisco and I certainly see the point, as San Fran has a stout defense and leads with the running attack. But with the re-emergence of Alex Smith, why would they change from their present course?

From a marketing perspective, the South is much more Evangelical. I know Colorado Springs has a high Christian population, but the Bible Belt would just eat this guy's faith up.

Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
So...
Where is Mr Mouth?

I have to echo both the Tebowners and the haters. He really throws an ugly ball unless it's a deep ball. If he would only take a little off of it, and stop throwing fastballs every time, maybe his WRs and RBs wouldn't have quite so many drops. The guy can throw, hard. And often times too hard. I will give him credit for throwing the ball where only his guy can get it and away from the defenders, to a detriment sometimes that shows in his completion percentage. If he's not accurate enough to make it in some of the tight windows in the NFL, I like him erring on the side of caution. I wonder if he took 5 mph off more of his throws if he couldn't improve his accuracy. He's not the best running QB in the NFL, but like Cam and unlike Vick and Rodgers he can withstand the punishment. He's taking fewer nasty hits (like Sanchez did last night) in the pocket than any other QB, and he controls more of the contact running the ball so I'd say that's sustainable. Can they play Orton in the 1st through 3rd Q and Tebow in the 4th? Tim does have some magic late in the game. You can feel the electricity in the air...

This defense is NASTY!!! They are playing, right now, as good as some of the recent Steeler and Ravens defenses. Ever since Champ returned to the lineup, the Denver D has been giving people problems and look like they're peaking right now. Von is nailing QBs, and Doom is playing as well as he ever has.

I am in the camp that celebrates Fox's adaptability. We see soooo often in the NFL, coach's egos will make them force players out of what they do well to fit in their scheme, thinking that they can coach 'em up right or that their plays are so good that player fit isn't as important as we (the Shark Pool and fans) think it is. I loved seeing the pretty good Jets defense trying to readjust and realign to stop the triple option Fox has employed for Tebow. I like that Tebow only ran it 8 times, started the game throwing the ball and that the offense kept pounding it at the Jets with a combination of guys. McGahee, Ball, Larson and Johnson all did some damage in grinding down that D before Tebow really took his shots at it to the outside after sucking the front 7 in tighter and tighter in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. 8/68/1 is some effective gaming there.

I am also a believer in the Denver front office (not including John Fox) setting Tebow up to fail. I think settling for McGahee after not bidding enough for DWill, and sending off the best WR just in time to make a QB switch and several other examples that have been made in this enormous thread (I'm not looking them up), is not what you do when you are grooming a franchise QB. It's what you do when you have Peyton Manning who can cover so many blemishes.

I have a hard time believing he can sustain this type of winning through next year, but I'm rooting for him on a weekly basis.

So...
Where is Mr Mouth?
If more of you would use your IGNORE function on him, and stop quoting him, the rest of our IGNORE functions would be more effective.

So...
Where is Mr Mouth?
Golfing

I wouldn't want to be John Elway or John Fox right about now.

It's a baffling situation to be sure. He's winning. He's doing it in heroic fashion. But he's looked horrendous the majority of the time.

Niners.
I keep seeing people mentioning San Francisco and I certainly see the point, as San Fran has a stout defense and leads with the running attack. But with the re-emergence of Alex Smith, why would they change from their present course?
I'm not sure Tebow would be a full time QB. But I think Harbaugh would LOVE a guy with that kind of versatility and those kinds of intangibles.

Their offense is pitiful. Sanchez played terribly, gifted Denver 7 points, and allowed them to hang around the game.

The Tebow mystique will vanish when he comes against a team with a decent defense and an above average QB who can hang 20+ on the board like it's nothing. Barring huge improvement, he will never be able to trade punches with quarterbacks like Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rodgers, which is ultimately what you need to do to last as a starter in the NFL.

I think people are getting a little too caught up in the short term results without looking at the long term prognosis. Tebow has done just enough to squeak by a handful of poor opponents who didn't show up. Sooner or later someone will give him another real challenge (like in Detroit) and he will be exposed. That 47% completion percentage will catch up with him eventually.
Who can?

Last edited by a moderator:
game plan made no sense..Running up the middle was not working, yet they kept trying until 5 minutes to go in the game.

Why wasn't Tebow running before the last drive? Why not throwing more?...it's not like he was making bad decisions throwing into triple coverage.

It really does appear that they want him to fail.

The Tebow mystique will vanish when he comes against a team with a decent defense and an above average QB who can hang 20+ on the board like it's nothing. Barring huge improvement, he will never be able to trade punches with quarterbacks like Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rodgers, which is ultimately what you need to do to last as a starter in the NFL. I think people are getting a little too caught up in the short term results without looking at the long term prognosis. Tebow has done just enough to squeak by a handful of poor opponents who didn't show up. Sooner or later someone will give him another real challenge (like in Detroit) and he will be exposed. That 47% completion percentage will catch up with him eventually.
How many other guys making their 8th NFL start can go toe to toe with Brady, Rodgers, and Brees?I'll hold...

'proninja said:
It's mostly religious organizations who do the social justice type stuff. Not too many athiest organizations meant to give stuff away. :shrug: (though they do exist and I commend them)
This should be in the ffa, but the above is an outrageously incorrect claim.

I wouldn't want to be John Elway or John Fox right about now.It's a baffling situation to be sure. He's winning. He's doing it in heroic fashion. But he's looked horrendous the majority of the time.
That will be the issue. How can you convince your fan base that Tebow is not the future when he keeps winning games albeit in unusual/unsustainable fashion. But the kid is definitely good for the game.

It's a baffling situation to be sure. He's winning. He's doing it in heroic fashion. But he's looked horrendous the majority of the time.
That will be the issue. How can you convince your fan base that Tebow is not the future when he keeps winning games albeit in unusual/unsustainable fashion. But the kid is definitely good for the game.
IMO he is the opposite. I watched every snap of last night's game and will never watch another Tebow game unless I hear he is improving. It was a simply awful viewing experience for me. I have nothing against the kid but I refuse to watch that kind of offense no matter how gritty and determined he is.

I wouldn't want to be John Elway or John Fox right about now.It's a baffling situation to be sure. He's winning. He's doing it in heroic fashion. But he's looked horrendous the majority of the time.
For starters, you can stop f##king with his throwing motion and just accept that a slightly longer throwing motion isn't *NEARLY* the problem that the pundits claimed it would be. They can also accept that a 0.1 second longer release is much less of a hinderance than 60% of his balls going straight in the dirt because you're forcing your QB to short-arm it. Tebow was never this inaccurate in college and never this inaccurate (or anywhere near it) last year in the NFL.Has anyone actually paid attention to Tebow's throwing motion in the middle of games vs the end of it? They're still trying to shorten that thing and he forces it all game long, then when it gets into desperation time and he gets into the flow of things he reverts and magically starts hitting the same passes that he was missing all game long.This whole throwing motion debacle is just one of the many examples of idiotic group think that make their rounds in the NFL.

IMO he is the opposite. I watched every snap of last night's game and will never watch another Tebow game unless I hear he is improving. It was a simply awful viewing experience for me. I have nothing against the kid but I refuse to watch that kind of offense no matter how gritty and determined he is.
:rolleyes: Would you rather watch a game where Green Bay beats someone 35-7?

Sports is beautiful because of the unexpected. Tebow truly defines the unexpected on every given seriers. Watching the game within the game last night between the Jets defense and the Broncos offense was just one of the many story lines that made the game more than enjoyable for a number of fans. Let alone if you would have stopped watching this "awful viewing" expeience you would have missed a QB "will" his team down the field for a 95 yard drive with 6 minutes on the clock to go ahead and win.

Tebow and the unexpected either for the good play or bad play will make the Broncos a team that gets coverage more than a lot of teams.

game plan made no sense..Running up the middle was not working, yet they kept trying until 5 minutes to go in the game.

Why wasn't Tebow running before the last drive? Why not throwing more?...it's not like he was making bad decisions throwing into triple coverage.

It really does appear that they want him to fail.
his 45% completion percentage may have something to do with that, no?

Does he remind anyone of Doug Flutie? A gamer, not particularly talented, thought of as a winner by the fans, able to win some games you might not have thought were winnable.Flutie was eventually exposed and I expect Tebow to be as well.
The wildcard though is that Tebow still has a chance to improve as a passer. And the thing is, I'm not talking improvement to Romo/Rivers/Schaub type accuracy, but Cassel/McCoy/Cutler range. Just good enough to consistently beat defenses selling out against the run.
Did you just group Cutler in with McCoy and Cassel, one of the most accurate passers in the NFL? You should be ashamed. I'm actually angry right now that there is incompetence of that magnitude on these boards. Back to the topic, I'm sorry.

:rolleyes: Would you rather watch a game where Green Bay beats someone 35-7?

Sports is beautiful because of the unexpected. Tebow truly defines the unexpected on every given seriers. Watching the game within the game last night between the Jets defense and the Broncos offense was just one of the many story lines that made the game more than enjoyable for a number of fans. Let alone if you would have stopped watching this "awful viewing" expeience you would have missed a QB "will" his team down the field for a 95 yard drive with 6 minutes on the clock to go ahead and win.

Tebow and the unexpected either for the good play or bad play will make the Broncos a team that gets coverage more than a lot of teams.
I just didn't enjoy last night's game in the slightest. I don't think he's a QB at this point in his career, and yes, I'd rather see a blowout than what I witnessed last night. No interest in watching 3 plus hours hoping for 4 minutes of entertainment. But that's just me.

I still think the playcalling is atrocious but aside from the first and last possessions, Tebow didn't play that well. It obviously didn't help that McGahee was running like a woman's private part but Tebow missed some throws that he can and will eventually make. Sure, his receivers look as bad any receiving corps in the NFL, they're painful to watch, but the potential for Tebow to be a quality starting quarterback is there and he will reach it Fox allows it.

Where were all of you people after the Lions game when it was me vs. 15 people?
Excuse me?
You should check out pages 16-18.
Who posted in: The Tebow Era Begins

Member name - Posts

shnikies 123

FavreCo 79

Raider Nation 62

Joe Summer 39

Two Deep 35

massraider 34

packersfan 34

moleculo 32

FreeBaGeL 29

az_prof 27

thehornet 20

We know where FavreCo stands, so who has your back more than me?Tebow is a frustrating guy to own, but he's been in my lineup every week since being named the starter.

The only question that needs to be asked is how many Super Bowls The Tebow will win during his career. They may not all be with Denver but how many?

Current line is: 2.5

Excuse me?

Member name - Posts

shnikies 123

FavreCo 79

Raider Nation 62

Joe Summer 39

Two Deep 35

massraider 34

packersfan 34

moleculo 32

FreeBaGeL 29

az_prof 27

thehornet 20

We know where FavreCo stands, so who has your back more than me?Tebow is a frustrating guy to own, but he's been in my lineup every week since being named the starter.
wow I posted 35 times... now 36. I would have never thought that.

Excuse me?

Member name - Posts

shnikies 123

FavreCo 79

Raider Nation 62

Joe Summer 39

Two Deep 35

massraider 34

packersfan 34

moleculo 32

FreeBaGeL 29

az_prof 27

thehornet 20

You have had my back except for the week after the Lions game when you had two posts and one of them was "Tebow is on my roster yet I'm sick of him."

It's all good though. I have nothing to prove. I initially said Tebow is good enough to be a starting quarterback in this league and nothing more and I'm sticking to that. He needs work and will improve over time if he's allowed to. I think one thing is certain now though, if Elway and Fox decide to go another way this offeseason, which is fairly likely, they won't be able to keep Tebow on their roster. It would be too much of a distraction. Tebow will get a chance to play somewhere else if it's not for the Broncos.

Look, I am a Bronco fan and I was on board with losing every game this year if it meant we could get a franchise QB in the draft next year. For the last 4 weeks I have been complaining and hating on Tebow and rooting for him to fail. After last nights game I am just going to go along for the ride and enjoy it while it is good. I still think his long term prospects are horrible and that he will never be even an average NFL QB. And this probably will set the franchise back at least another 2 years.

However, when you look at qualities and abilities that you want in a QB like leadership, character, ability to be cool under pressure, good decision-making, strong arm, accurate arm and the ability to take a hit - he has almost all of them. He doesnt have an accurate arm. He isnt making the best decisions. But fortunately, out of all the qualities listed, those are the 2 that you might be able to teach a QB with time and repetition.

So I am holding out hope that Orange Jesus can grow into something resembling a passable NFL QB. And I am going to enjoy the ride. Things definitely are more fun and enjoyable for a Denver fan than they were 5 weeks ago.

Excuse me?

Member name - Posts

shnikies 123

FavreCo 79

Raider Nation 62

Joe Summer 39

Two Deep 35

massraider 34

packersfan 34

moleculo 32

FreeBaGeL 29

az_prof 27

thehornet 20

You have had my back except for the week after the Lions game when you had two posts and one of them was "Tebow is on my roster yet I'm sick of him."
Right... meaning I'm sick of HEARING about him. And honestly, I still feel that way even though I love the guy.Everywhere you turn, it's All Tebow, All The Time.

What I see when I watch Tebow is fairly elite vision + anticipation + pocket awareness. He is also well schooled in schemes + reading defenses + game prep etc. He understands his passing problems so only picks spots that won't hurt the team. Throw in all the intangibles and a good defense and you have a winning QB. Really we shouldn't be THAT shocked this is happening considering how well that defense is playing.

When all is said and done, The Tebow years in the NFL will be referred as the "The Tebow era of the NFL". Kids will ask their parents, "Did you see The Tebow play" and parents will rejoice in the stories they can tell. Parents all across the land will name their kids "Tim". Let us pray.

When all is said and done, The Tebow years in the NFL will be referred as the "The Tebow era of the NFL". Kids will ask their parents, "Did you see The Tebow play" and parents will rejoice in the stories they can tell. Parents all across the land will name their kids "Tim". Let us pray.
can i get a witness from the congregation!!!AMEN!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread