What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (3 Viewers)

Gawd he just wins. I picked him up the minute I found out he was starting....but..how the hell do you figure when to start him?? Matching him up with Romo--who looked better this week, and maybe better the next three. Started him once I think, and actually was playing the game three ways with Palmer in Oakland for a few weeks....there's just no guessing when they're going to hit. So I'm into the playoffs. At this point...maybe I'll just play him matchups be damned for the same reason Denver's playing him....Gotta Believe!! :eek:
He has not had a bad fantasy game yet (he was average vs Det). Since he became the starter (week 5) he is the 8th highest scoring player in my league with 14.1ppg (ahead of Romo, 13.1ppg). Our rules aren't crazy so he can't be too far off that in most other leagues.

Tim Tebow College Passing Stats

Year School Conf Pos Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate

2007 Florida SEC SO QB 234 350 66.9 3286 9.4 10.4 32 6 172.5

2008 Florida SEC JR QB 192 298 64.4 2746 9.2 10.6 30 4 172.4

2009 Florida SEC SR QB 213 314 67.8 2895 9.2 9.8 21 5 164.2

Vs BIG BEN COllege Passing Stats

Year School Conf Pos Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate

2001 Miami (OH) MAC FR 241 381 63.3 3105 8.1 7.9 25 13 146.5

2002 Miami (OH) MAC SO 271 428 63.3 3238 7.6 7.4 22 11 138.7

2003 Miami (OH) MAC JR 342 495 69.1 4486 9.1 9.6 37 10 165.8

Big Ben and Tebow both started 3 years in college. Tebow did not start his FR year. So let's look at there 3 years as starters. No doubt in my mind that Tebow can continue to work and be a 60% passer in the NFL.

The Broncos wide receivers could not have been more wide open than they were against the flailing Vikings. You have to give Tebow credit for gaining the respect of the opposing defenses but the Vikings pooped the bed when Tebow scrambled. Their defensive backfield ran to the line of scrimmage when Tebow looked like he was going to run, abandoning all semblence of maintaining their assignments. If Tebow did not make those throws he woould be open to severe criticism. The guy makes plays, no doubt, but it's hard to weigh his unconventional talent when the opposing defenses can't cover or tackle. And there was little of each from the Vikings. Tebow had a nice throw on an incompletion near the end of regulation; it was his first and only read on a timing play but the ball was well placed. That was the only contested throw I saw; admittedly, I only watched the second half and I was watching the game from a stationary bike at the gym. The Vikings had to move the ball against a defense that was contesting them on the field. The Broncos were scoring in two plays. That is not a well coached or well played defense. Some of that credit goes to Tebow and McGhee playing well, however, that was a very bad Vikings defensive team yesterday.

If the Patriots went on to lose against the Colts yesterday, givng up fourth quarter points at an alarming rate, would you say that Orlovsky is a great QB? I would hope not.
I agree with you for the most part but I am willing cut the DC some slack. Vikings have lost 2 starting CB and 2 starting safeties from a defensive backfield that was considered to be one of the weakest in the league to begin with. I don't know if any coach or any scheme can make up for the serious lack of talent and experience playing those positions. That said, I believe Tebow did an excellent job finding the holes in the defences and taking advantage.
I saw a confused defense overall. Not just the D-backs, but Lb's and linemen getting pushed around and not wrapping up. Trust me, I work with a number of Vikings fans and have tried to be a modrating voice in our discussions of the team. Yesterday was the first time I watched them play and based on what I had read about their front seven I thought they had a chance to win the game yesterday. I wasn't totally focused on the game but I saw a defense that didn't compete. They couldn't stop the run or pass; that is not just on the d-backs. The front seven needed to help the backs and I didn't see where they did.I completely agree that Tebow hit the open receivers and the receivers did a good job of getting into the end zone.

I hope nobody needs Tebow for a playoff game next week. Ugly, ugly matchup.The Bears are going to present him with a tremendous challenge. :(
He did fine against the Jets and their defense is better than Chicago's.
Out of 10 starts in his career Tebow has one game with less than 15 fantasy points. I don't care what opponents he's faced or will face, he's as consistent of a fantasy QB as they come.

I hope nobody needs Tebow for a playoff game next week. Ugly, ugly matchup.The Bears are going to present him with a tremendous challenge. :(
He did fine against the Jets and their defense is better than Chicago's.
Out of 10 starts in his career Tebow has one game with less than 15 fantasy points. I don't care what opponents he's faced or will face, he's as consistent of a fantasy QB as they come.
He hasn't left my starting QB slot since he took over for Orton. I'm onto the playoffs next week and could not be happier having Tebow as my starting QB.

Tim Tebow College Passing StatsYear School Conf Pos Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate 2007 Florida SEC SO QB 234 350 66.9 3286 9.4 10.4 32 6 172.5 2008 Florida SEC JR QB 192 298 64.4 2746 9.2 10.6 30 4 172.4 2009 Florida SEC SR QB 213 314 67.8 2895 9.2 9.8 21 5 164.2 Vs BIG BEN COllege Passing StatsYear School Conf Pos Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate 2001 Miami (OH) MAC FR 241 381 63.3 3105 8.1 7.9 25 13 146.5 2002 Miami (OH) MAC SO 271 428 63.3 3238 7.6 7.4 22 11 138.7 2003 Miami (OH) MAC JR 342 495 69.1 4486 9.1 9.6 37 10 165.8 Big Ben and Tebow both started 3 years in college. Tebow did not start his FR year. So let's look at there 3 years as starters. No doubt in my mind that Tebow can continue to work and be a 60% passer in the NFL.
I think the biggest issue with his completion % is reading defenses correctly, not throwing mechanics. The mechanics will always produce a slow delivery, but when he knows where he wants to throw the ball and sets properly it usually gets there accurately. Right now he tends to hold the ball so long that he's throwing off balance or on the run. Considering that, his ability to miss defenders is really amazing.

Some people don't realize how high his intangibles are compared to his fixable weaknesses. You know the feeling you got when you watched GB/NYG on sunday? and you said "that's too much time on the clock for Eli" he scores then you go "wait that's waaaaay to much time left and all Rodgers needs is a FG!" After going back and forth with my boys(who hate tebow) I came to the same point telling them "No way, no how they can stop this guy in the spread." I went as far as saying he would have ran for the last touchdown if they were down more than 3.

Yea I'll take the wins from a FIERCE competitor and figure the rest out later.

Because these things enter my mind... :unsure:

Let's say there was a competition to see who could make the most accurate throws.

They each get ten throws to receivers who are running various routes at full speed between 20 and 40 yards away.

Would you put your money on Elway (who is now 51 years old) or Tebow?

Let's say there was a competition to see who could make the most accurate throws.

They each get ten throws to receivers who are running various routes at full speed between 20 and 40 yards away.

Elway.

Agreed. Kordell didn't get any farther because his passing skills never developed.Will Tebow's? I guess time will tell. My only point is that at this point, Tebow's strengths and weaknesses as a QB remind me a lot of what Kordell was early on. People forget how dynamic he was for the first couple years he spent as a QB after initially contributing as a WR.
The closest analogy for Tebow is probably Ronnie Brown running the Wildcat.

Agreed. Kordell didn't get any farther because his passing skills never developed.Will Tebow's? I guess time will tell. My only point is that at this point, Tebow's strengths and weaknesses as a QB remind me a lot of what Kordell was early on. People forget how dynamic he was for the first couple years he spent as a QB after initially contributing as a WR.
The closest analogy for Tebow is probably Ronnie Brown running the Wildcat.
I hope that is an attempt at humor, Ronnie Brown has thrown for 63 yards in his career. :rolleyes:

VS. Miamihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1Q_C0a-jM&feature=related VS. Lionshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUNQOwPlWY VS. Oaklandhttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d823d91ca/Broncos-vs-Raiders-highlightsVS. Kansas Cityhttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82419bc5/GameDay-Broncos-vs-Chiefs-highlightsVS. New Yorkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KR638W3tRcVS. San Diegohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WN2U1DlgkYVS. Vikingshttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824baee4/Broncos-vs-Vikings-highlights
:coffee:

VS. Miamihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1Q_C0a-jM&feature=related VS. Lionshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUNQOwPlWY VS. Oaklandhttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d823d91ca/Broncos-vs-Raiders-highlightsVS. Kansas Cityhttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82419bc5/GameDay-Broncos-vs-Chiefs-highlightsVS. New Yorkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KR638W3tRcVS. San Diegohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WN2U1DlgkYVS. Vikingshttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824baee4/Broncos-vs-Vikings-highlights
:coffee:
Glad to see your on board Tim! LOL

Are any of the Tebow-haters actually watching the games? I just watched the Broncos-Vikings game on NFL Replay and Tebow's misses were either hitting the guys in the chest or the hands.

That's why Fox and Tebow need a few years to get the talent and coordination into the system for the runs to the Super Bowl. If Tebow had Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez and Louis Murphy starting at Mile High, they'd be doing much better now.

The power of Tebow is not only improving the Broncos, it is improving the Broncos victims as well. Consider:

Miami: 0-5 BT; 4-2 AT.

oakland: 4-3 BT; 3-1 AT.

Kansas City: 4-4 BT; 1-2 AT.*

New York: 5-4 BT; 2-0 AT.

Sand Diego: 4-6 BT; 1-0 AT.

Houston (2010): 5-9 BT; 10-3 AT.

* Kansas City had the misfortune of Matt Cassel becoming close and friendly with Von Miller and was subsequently out for the season. However, Tebow's influence cannot be denied; look how they got their one win.

Conversely, the one team that has beaten Tebow has sufferend dire consequences:

Detroit: 5-2 BT; 1-3 AT.

Moral of the story: losing to Tebow has been one of the best things that could happen to NFL teams. Beating Tebow (and especially mocking him) leads to dissapointment, injuries, suspensions, and puts playoff hopes in jeopardy.

The power of Tebow is not only improving the Broncos, it is improving the Broncos victims as well. Consider:Miami: 0-5 BT; 4-2 AT.oakland: 4-3 BT; 3-1 AT.Kansas City: 4-4 BT; 1-2 AT.*New York: 5-4 BT; 2-0 AT.Sand Diego: 4-6 BT; 1-0 AT.Houston (2010): 5-9 BT; 10-3 AT.* Kansas City had the misfortune of Matt Cassel becoming close and friendly with Von Miller and was subsequently out for the season. However, Tebow's influence cannot be denied; look how they got their one win.Conversely, the one team that has beaten Tebow has sufferend dire consequences:Detroit: 5-2 BT; 1-3 AT.Moral of the story: losing to Tebow has been one of the best things that could happen to NFL teams. Beating Tebow (and especially mocking him) leads to dissapointment, injuries, suspensions, and puts playoff hopes in jeopardy.
:lmao:

The power of Tebow is not only improving the Broncos, it is improving the Broncos victims as well. Consider:Miami: 0-5 BT; 4-2 AT.oakland: 4-3 BT; 3-1 AT.Kansas City: 4-4 BT; 1-2 AT.*New York: 5-4 BT; 2-0 AT.Sand Diego: 4-6 BT; 1-0 AT.Houston (2010): 5-9 BT; 10-3 AT.* Kansas City had the misfortune of Matt Cassel becoming close and friendly with Von Miller and was subsequently out for the season. However, Tebow's influence cannot be denied; look how they got their one win.Conversely, the one team that has beaten Tebow has sufferend dire consequences:Detroit: 5-2 BT; 1-3 AT.Moral of the story: losing to Tebow has been one of the best things that could happen to NFL teams. Beating Tebow (and especially mocking him) leads to dissapointment, injuries, suspensions, and puts playoff hopes in jeopardy.
:goodposting: that was good stuff there.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

:lmao:Good stuff!

Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was asked what he sees when he watches Tebow and the Broncos’ read-option offense.

"Scrambler," he replied. "They run a lot. He’s one heck of a football player and we’re going to have to stop that crap."

The Broncos are 6-1 in Tebow’s seven starts and suddenly control their destiny in the AFC West, a surprising surge made more exciting as the second-year quarterback continues to win with fourth-quarter rallies. It’s not a conventional pro-style offense. Tebow attempted just 15 passes last week in a 35-32 victory at Minnesota. He was just 2-for-8 passing in a win over the Chiefs on Nov. 13. The league’s top-ranked rushing offense doesn’t resort to the pass very often.

"It just sucks to lose to a guy who’s not a throwing quarterback," Vikings defensive end Jared Allen told the NFL Network.

In fairness, Tebow completed 10 of 15 passes for 202 yards and two touchdowns at the Metrodome, benefiting from some broken coverages.

Briggs said the Broncos use Tebow similar to the way the Panthers used Cam Newton against the Bears in Week 4. The Bears better hope they’re better this time around as Carolina rolled up 543 yards offense on Oct. 2 at Soldier Field. Newton completed 27 of 46 passes for 374 yards and ran for 35 yards and two touchdowns in the Bears’ 34-29 victory.

"Nothing against Tebow," Briggs said. "Cam Newton is a better athlete."

Will Briggs be more disappointed if the Bears come up short against Tebow than he would against an accomplished passer like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees?

"No, I will be #######’ pissed," Briggs said. "But he’s a competitor. We’re in a position where we can’t lose."

Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli leans on his previous experience as an offensive lineman in college and as an offensive line coach in dissecting the Broncos offense.

"The biggest thing is looks," he said. "All of a sudden it’s a power run, it’s a sprint-out, it’s a screen, it’s an option. So you have to have all your run-pass keys together, and then the thing I’ll emphasize is our speed. That’s what we’re about — angles, speed and sure tackling."

Briggs said the Bears believe they’re equipped to handle the 6-3, 236-pound Tebow. But so did other defenses that wound up losing to the Broncos.

"We’re going to say it this week," Briggs said. "We’re going to say it every week no matter who we are playing or what we are going against. We’re very confident in what we do and what we can do and what we will do."

amen

Moral of the story:Matthew 20:16 "So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

What does this have to do with anything? We know throwing isn't his strength.

:tebow:

What does this have to do with anything? We know throwing isn't his strength.
I ask the questions around here, buddy.

Let's say there was a competition to win NFL games.They each get to be the QB of the Denver Broncos, with the ball, down by 6, with 3:30 left in the game.

Would you put your money on Kevin Kolb, Tarvaris Jackson, Blane Gabbert, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith, John Beck, Rex Grossman, or Tim Tebow?

Let's say there was a competition to win NFL games.They each get to be the QB of the Denver Broncos, with the ball, down by 6, with 3:30 left in the game.

Would you put your money on Kevin Kolb, Tarvaris Jackson, Blane Gabbert, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith, John Beck, Rex Grossman, or Tim Tebow?
It's all on our Lord Jesus Christs' hands to give us the ability to play football. :whistle:

It's all on our Lord Jesus Christs' hands to give us the ability to play football. :whistle:
Mods, please ban the 7 year old with the alias. TIA. :coffee:

I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.

I would love to see a bunch of early passing for the broncos but somehow think the offense will revert this weekend due to the bears and their struggles. Coaches do this a lot. Instead of taking chances since chicagos offense stinks, they will play down to the competition and try and win with defense.

I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.I would love to see a bunch of early passing for the broncos but somehow think the offense will revert this weekend due to the bears and their struggles. Coaches do this a lot. Instead of taking chances since chicagos offense stinks, they will play down to the competition and try and win with defense.
I'm a Bears fan. He will have no problems beating this defense.

I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.I would love to see a bunch of early passing for the broncos but somehow think the offense will revert this weekend due to the bears and their struggles. Coaches do this a lot. Instead of taking chances since chicagos offense stinks, they will play down to the competition and try and win with defense.
I'm a Bears fan. He will have no problems beating this defense.
really? the only things the bears defense does well is stop the run,,, right? i could be wrong

Let's all just agree that the year of our Lord 2011 AD is now 2011 AT. Mornings can also be AT and evenings PT.
:thumbup:
This is old already.
Well, Aaron, how long will it take for you to make it TimTebowFan?
Good shtick. Remind me not to give me so many timeouts in the future.
when do i get changed to RaiderNationFan :heartstarssugarnipples:

Users who are viewing this thread