What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (2 Viewers)

I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.I would love to see a bunch of early passing for the broncos but somehow think the offense will revert this weekend due to the bears and their struggles. Coaches do this a lot. Instead of taking chances since chicagos offense stinks, they will play down to the competition and try and win with defense.
I'm a Bears fan. He will have no problems beating this defense.
really? the only things the bears defense does well is stop the run,,, right? i could be wrong
It's kinda of weird that they're 8th in yards/game, but 23rd in yards/carry at 4.5.

I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.I would love to see a bunch of early passing for the broncos but somehow think the offense will revert this weekend due to the bears and their struggles. Coaches do this a lot. Instead of taking chances since chicagos offense stinks, they will play down to the competition and try and win with defense.
I'm a Bears fan. He will have no problems beating this defense.
really? the only things the bears defense does well is stop the run,,, right? i could be wrong
It's kinda of weird that they're 8th in yards/game, but 23rd in yards/carry at 4.5.
Their whole system is based on takeaways. As long as you don't turn the ball over you can slowly take what they give you a march the ball down the field. Somebody like Tebow who doesn't tend to turn the ball over much is a really bad matchup for the Bears.

I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.
The Broncos pretty much go ultra conservative every week (if you consider run, run, run conservative). The only reason they opened it up a bit last week was because they got behind and it turned into a high-scoring affair and they were forced to start throwing more.

Charles Barkley makes plea to Bears

"I want to make a personal plea to Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher, Mr. [Julius] Peppers, please stop the madness," Barkley said Friday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I'm just so tired ... I like Tim Tebow. He seems like a good kid, and I wish him success, but I am Tebowed out. So this is my personal plea for you three guys, please stop this madness."

VP of Football Operations John Elway says he regrets saying in a November interview that the Broncos weren't any closer to finding their franchise quarterback.

In an interview with FOXSports.com, Elway said he has since personally cleared the air with Tim Tebow, and insisted there is "nobody more supportive or wants (Tebow) to be that guy than me." Elway also said he plans to "spend a lot of time" with Tebow and Broncos QBs coach Adam Gase working on Tebow's mechanics this offseason. Barring a catastrophic end to the season, Tebow should open 2012 as Denver's starter.

Source: FOXSports.com

:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
VP of Football Operations John Elway says he regrets saying in a November interview that the Broncos weren't any closer to finding their franchise quarterback.In an interview with FOXSports.com, Elway said he has since personally cleared the air with Tim Tebow, and insisted there is "nobody more supportive or wants (Tebow) to be that guy than me." Elway also said he plans to "spend a lot of time" with Tebow and Broncos QBs coach Adam Gase working on Tebow's mechanics this offseason. Barring a catastrophic end to the season, Tebow should open 2012 as Denver's starter.Source: FOXSports.com:shock:
Tim Tebow picking up one convert at a time! Pretty soon it will be a Tebow Nation! :thumbup:

'Ghost Rider said:
'shader said:
I have a bad feeling about this weekend for tebow. I think Fox is going to go ultra conservative and the Bears are going to shut it down.
The Broncos pretty much go ultra conservative every week (if you consider run, run, run conservative). The only reason they opened it up a bit last week was because they got behind and it turned into a high-scoring affair and they were forced to start throwing more.
It doesn't matter. No matter what the score is going in the 4th, Tebow will turn it up a notch and put another one in the win column.

By this juncture, Tebow has essentially earned a pass for a loss.

But he won't get one. As soon as the Broncos lose a game, everybody's gonna be all over Tebow for it.

'Ghost Rider said:
'shader said:
I don't agree with this. That quote from Tebow saying McCoy told the team at halftime they weren't going to change their script or the playcalling leads me to believe that their plan all along was to after the Vikings' decimated secondary. Also the Broncos never trailed more than 8 and that kind of deficit didn't cause them to change their plan in previous games.

'Ghost Rider said:
'shader said:
I don't agree with this. That quote from Tebow saying McCoy told the team at halftime they weren't going to change their script or the playcalling leads me to believe that their plan all along was to after the Vikings' decimated secondary. Also the Broncos never trailed more than 8 and that kind of deficit didn't cause them to change their plan in previous games.
True, but the defense was playing well in those other games; the defense was getting gashed by a rookie QB last week, so continuing to just run, run, run wasn't gonna cut it last week.

VP of Football Operations John Elway says he regrets saying in a November interview that the Broncos weren't any closer to finding their franchise quarterback.

In an interview with FOXSports.com, Elway said he has since personally cleared the air with Tim Tebow, and insisted there is "nobody more supportive or wants (Tebow) to be that guy than me." Elway also said he plans to "spend a lot of time" with Tebow and Broncos QBs coach Adam Gase working on Tebow's mechanics this offseason. Barring a catastrophic end to the season, Tebow should open 2012 as Denver's starter.

Link

Link
:excited: :pickle: An offseason to prepare...with one of the best QBs of all time. This might help a little.

:bow:

'Raider Nation said:
You guys see the Tebow special on ESPN? Showed all of his highlites through high school. Awesome stuff.
Lived in St. Augustine at the time and barely knew who he was, but I knew a few kids who went to Neece, the nicest area of Jacksonville.Eta: wow. Just saw the Heisman candidate from LSU went to St. Aug. Oof

Ditka exploding at Hoge just now was classic. On another note, was Hoge dropped on his head as a baby? Or is his toupee tainting his brain? As a fellow bald man I find his rug offensive.

MVP Candidate
:goodposting: If he wins out, I think he is the MVP. GB has alot of other players - a plethora of WRs, great LBs, a Great CB, etc. But what does denver really have besides him and a rookie LB and an over the hill CB and RB? Everyone else are retreads.
If you want to make an argument behind Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, I'm with you.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

We joke about it, but there is definitely something mystical going on here. Not even kidding.
What is going on is bad teams with hacks losing due to stupid mistakes weekly capped off by the weely prevent D that prevents a victory. I'll start listening next week when they play their first legit contender with a top NFL QB. Not off the couch Palmer, Haine, Sanchize, Whatever was in KC and Moore. I expect Belicheck to throw points on the board and close it out before the 4th Q starts.

In order to be an MVP candidate he needs to learn how to not suck for 2/3 of the game.
His WR's sucked for 2/3 of the game. Tebow played far better than his numbers indicate for the first three quarters.
agreed. I'm a big tome believer in the magic that he brings...we haven't seen #### like this since they opened the new stadium...plays like the Barber fumble used to be routine back in the old days (just ask Earnest Byner). However, magic can only take you so far. I need to see a full game of good football before I buy in 100% (I'm at about 75% right now).

Users who are viewing this thread