What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (2 Viewers)

We joke about it, but there is definitely something mystical going on here. Not even kidding.
What is going on is bad teams with hacks losing due to stupid mistakes weekly capped off by the weely prevent D that prevents a victory. I'll start listening next week when they play their first legit contender with a top NFL QB. Not off the couch Palmer, Haine, Sanchize, Whatever was in KC and Moore. I expect Belicheck to throw points on the board and close it out before the 4th Q starts.
Yep if you can't beat the 10-3 Patriots you should be thrown out of the NFL. Bye 3/4 of the league!

In order to be an MVP candidate he needs to learn how to not suck for 2/3 of the game.
His WR's sucked for 2/3 of the game. Tebow played far better than his numbers indicate for the first three quarters.
agreed. I'm a big tome believer in the magic that he brings...we haven't seen #### like this since they opened the new stadium...plays like the Barber fumble used to be routine back in the old days (just ask Earnest Byner). However, magic can only take you so far. I need to see a full game of good football before I buy in 100% (I'm at about 75% right now).
I'd be a lot more concerned about the up and down stuff is he didn't just finish his 11th pro start. I'm 100% bought in now that the Broncos have their QB for the near future.

We joke about it, but there is definitely something mystical going on here. Not even kidding.
What is going on is bad teams with hacks losing due to stupid mistakes weekly capped off by the weely prevent D that prevents a victory. I'll start listening next week when they play their first legit contender with a top NFL QB. Not off the couch Palmer, Haine, Sanchize, Whatever was in KC and Moore. I expect Belicheck to throw points on the board and close it out before the 4th Q starts.
I can already hear next week's excuses: "LOL NEW ENGLAND'S DBS ARE TERRIBLE BRO!"

You see the Skins/Pats game today? The Pats are very beatable by a team that can control the clock and pressure Brady. That happens to be what the Broncos do well.

Packers are on a collision course with history and guess what the number 1 story is?
:rolleyes:Packers don't deserve any attention. The league has rigged their games and their fans are tools. But despite the best efforts of the league to bury him, Tebow rises above it all. He is the story America wants and he deserves it more.

Look, if Tebow comes in and goes 10-1 as a starter, after Denver traded away their best WR, beats Brady next week, and leads a team 5 weeks into the season people were questioning whether would win a game to a home playoff game, yeah, he is in the discussion.

Who would be MORE valuable?

Aaron Rogers? If Rogers went down I think Quinn comes in and, maybe isn't at the level of Rogers, but is serviceable in the QB position for that team and they would not go winless. They have talent all over the place.

Brady? I could see him being a good candidate also, but he has had games where he has throw 4 interceptions and has lost more games overall. He is as important as anyone to his team, but I am not sure he is MORE important to his team.

If Tebow goes down, I don't think there is another player in the league that could replace what he does for the Broncos. Im not sure there is a player that means more to his team winning than Tebow. And if they keep winning -

YES - I think Tebow should be in the conversation for MVP. And I never in a million years would have thought it would happen. But he is 7-1. If he goes 10-1? On THAT team? How can you deny him being in the conversation?

He has had more miraculous comebacks in 7 games than most veteran QB's have had in their career.
I've got no words other than it's effin magic.
I thought Jimmy Johnson and Howie made two great observations in the post-game. Johnson said he's never seen a player better at raising the level of play of his teammates, and Long commented on the mental toughness of being able to go 3-16 and struggle for 3 quarters but bounce back. I think both comments are right on. The team clearly believes that if the game stays close Tebow will find a way to win, and Tebow himself just never gets down.

Yes and the key word is candidate. I did not say he is the MVP but he is in there after Rodgers. I have no problem saying Aaron Rodgers is the MVP, but after that you are join to be hard pressed to keep Tebow off the list.

How many of these games do we have to see for it to be real? Just incredible.
Brees and Brady....I'm loving this run, but he's well behind those three.

I didn't experience the hype when he was in college....but what can you say? Can't believe the levels of animosity for a guy, who by all accounts, seems to be a genuinely nice guy and a great NFL story.

There is no doubt that the kid is a winner and a leader. His story this season is one of the most compelling in years. Let's give credit where credit is due. But if the Den D wasn't as stout as it's been and if they played some of the more high octane offenses I think the story might be a bit different.

While I'm sold on Tebow's leadership and his will to win, I'm not sold on his skills. I think he's more Dilfer than Brady. Enjoy the ride and be thankful that his season has brought some incredible excitement to the 2011 season. However I'm not a long term investor on Tebow.

In order to be an MVP candidate he needs to learn how to not suck for 2/3 of the game.
His WR's sucked for 2/3 of the game. Tebow played far better than his numbers indicate for the first three quarters.
Yes, let's blame his WR's for his fumble, INT, horrid passes. Let's not give them credit for being wide open for big plays and TDs.
Did you watch the game. Block FG? Drops by Wr's on good passes to them? Its nice that you cherry pick the bad plays, but I am sorry you are losing this battle and that is why hide when he does well.

Yeah, you're totally right, this kind of fluke streak (7-1) happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL. Seriously every year at least 3-4 teams just stumble upon half a season of wins. It's too easy sometimes! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I never thought Tebow was that good, but anyone with any kind of a functioning brain has to be impressed by the fact that the Broncos just find ways to win these games.

NBC has to be really bumming that they couldn't get next weeks game moved to the night.........hype would have been insane for it.

I cant wait for the excuses to roll in from Favreco if/when The Tebow loses.

Next week against New England the reason Tebow lost is because Denver faced a real team with a real QB and real coach. If Denver wins it will be something like Denver's defense won the game or New England had a bad day.

Either way, Favreco may be able to tell all of us that he is right and told us that Tebow is not good... being 7-2 and all.

Look, if Tebow comes in and goes 10-1 as a starter, after Denver traded away their best WR, beats Brady next week, and leads a team 5 weeks into the season people were questioning whether would win a game to a home playoff game, yeah, he is in the discussion.

Aaron Rogers? If Rogers went down I think Quinn comes in and, maybe isn't at the level of Rogers, but is serviceable in the QB position for that team and they would not go winless. They have talent all over the place.

Brady? I could see him being a good candidate also, but he has had games where he has throw 4 interceptions and has lost more games overall. He is as important as anyone to his team, but I am not sure he is MORE important to his team.

If Tebow goes down, I don't think there is another player in the league that could replace what he does for the Broncos. Im not sure there is a player that means more to his team winning than Tebow. And if they keep winning -

YES - I think Tebow should be in the conversation for MVP. And I never in a million years would have thought it would happen. But he is 7-1. If he goes 10-1? On THAT team? How can you deny him being in the conversation?
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman I presume!?

i am now officially a tebow believer brohans i never felt like anyone had the power of goodness on their side but this guy is like the natural with evil john elway sitting up in the dark box next think you know he will throw a foul pass and it will smash elways box window and let the light in and then in a game everyone who can kick on the broncos will get hurt and tebow will get called in to kick a game winning extra point and he will kick it through as a good kick and it will fly up and hit the lights and make them blow up and then his long lost girlfriend will be in the stands and his dead dad will walk out of the tunnel and ask him if he want to have a catch and he will say no this is iowa hes that good take it to the bank

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman I presume!?
LOL. Meant Flynn. They sound kinda similar! LOL. OK - old brain with way too much partying in my 20s. Nice catch. You get the point though. I think you could put just about anyone behind that engine and it runs. Maybe not a Lamborghini anymore, but not a Studebaker either. Not so in Denver.

The only reason the Broncos won this game is that Marion Barber is stupid. It has nothing to do with magic.
Ye have little faith. You think Marion Barber just dropped that ball or intentionally went out of bounce. Prat kicking a 58 AND a 51 yard FG. That stuff just doesn't happen without Tebow. :banned:

NBC has to be really bumming that they couldn't get next weeks game moved to the night.........hype would have been insane for it.
Why ia this? Protected?
It actually wasn't protected but CBS made a huge stink about it because they lost the Broncos/Vikings game to Fox after a different game was flexed.There's a whole thread about it somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Packers are on a collision course with history and guess what the number 1 story is?
:rolleyes:Packers don't deserve any attention. The league has rigged their games and their fans are tools. But despite the best efforts of the league to bury him, Tebow rises above it all. He is the story America wants and he deserves it more.
Stay classy. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:Do you just run a search for "Packers" and jump into every thread to be an Aaron Rogers apologist or something? You're really proving the point that Packers fans are bigger tools than Patriots fans.

A few things: once again a horrible job of Playcalling by the coaching staff.

Tebow is not going to run successfully against the Bears. Neither was Mcgahee. The Bears were 100% focused on the run. Aside from one bad int (which is very rare for him) his passes were pretty good. I counted at least five dropped passes and a few more that could have been caught.

In fairness you'd be hard pressed to find a team with less offensive talent than what Tebow has. Actually I wouldn't say Thomas and Decker aren't talented, I guess a better way to put it is that they are extremely raw.

Just no veteran leadership in the receiving corps.

Todays game took two bonehead plays to win, but in fairness if thy had lost it was on the receivers and the Playcallers.

I can't wait to see Tebow vs Brady although I have a sneaking suspicion that the Patriots might win in a rout.

I can't wait to see Tebow vs Brady although I have a sneaking suspicion that the Patriots might win in a rout.
I would have agreed 2 weeks ago, but the Pats have beaten the Colts and Skins by 7 points each in the last 2 weeks (although they had some backups in before the Colts comeback). I think there's a very good chance they can play down to Denver's level. I'd be shocked if Denver wins but a close game wouldn't be surprising.

I would have agreed 2 weeks ago, but the Pats have beaten the Colts and Skins by 7 points each in the last 2 weeks (although they had some backups in before the Colts comeback). I think there's a very good chance they can play down to Denver's level. I'd be shocked if Denver wins but a close game wouldn't be surprising.
The Patriots might win in a route; but if it's close, it's Denver's game. Tebow doesn't lose close games.

Stay classy. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:Do you just run a search for "Packers" and jump into every thread to be an Aaron Rogers apologist or something? You're really proving the point that Packers fans are bigger tools than Patriots fans.
C'mon man, one person dragged their conspiracy theory into this thread and started calling people names, and it wasn't a Packer fan. Take it easy.

I swear this is comedy gold.

On Mon-Sat, #### talking on how this week will be the week where the "real" tebow loses.

On Sun, excuses on why he didn't lose.

Ditka exploding at Hoge just now was classic. On another note, was Hoge dropped on his head as a baby? Or is his toupee tainting his brain? As a fellow bald man I find his rug offensive.
Hoge is a dope. Seeing Ditka take him to school was awesome. And Hoge just say there like some cocky kid who thinks he knows everything, but really doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does. It was quite amusing. At some point, you have to suck it up and give some credit - even Cris Carter has budged a little and given Tebow some credit - but Hoge is too full of himself to ever admit that he could be wrong.

Ditka exploding at Hoge just now was classic. On another note, was Hoge dropped on his head as a baby? Or is his toupee tainting his brain? As a fellow bald man I find his rug offensive.
Hoge is a dope. Seeing Ditka take him to school was awesome. And Hoge just say there like some cocky kid who thinks he knows everything, but really doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does. It was quite amusing. At some point, you have to suck it up and give some credit - even Cris Carter has budged a little and given Tebow some credit - but Hoge is too full of himself to ever admit that he could be wrong.
He said he would cut Stevie Johnson after the plax TD celebration lol... I didn't see Ditka blow up on him but I was finished with him after he said that.

'SWC said:
i am now officially a tebow believer brohans i never felt like anyone had the power of goodness on their side but this guy is like the natural with evil john elway sitting up in the dark box next think you know he will throw a foul pass and it will smash elways box window and let the light in and then in a game everyone who can kick on the broncos will get hurt and tebow will get called in to kick a game winning extra point and he will kick it through as a good kick and it will fly up and hit the lights and make them blow up and then his long lost girlfriend will be in the stands and his dead dad will walk out of the tunnel and ask him if he want to have a catch and he will say no this is iowa hes that good take it to the bank
:goodposting:

'Maurile Tremblay said:
'ivnabru said:
The Patriots might win in a route; but if it's close, it's Denver's game. Tebow doesn't lose close games.
:goodposting: Pats by 30

Users who are viewing this thread