Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Sweet Science Thread***

Just now, jvdesigns2002 said:

I'm not a boxing expert but seemed to me like GGG got robbed. He easily seemed like the boxer in control tonight.  Either way--I very much enjoyed watching the fight. 

Boxing is about enjoying the fight. 

• Like 3

Just now, ILUVBEER99 said:

neither of us won.  i'll send back your money.  fuuuuuuuuuuck

When I watch it, looks like I will think you won.  I can't rebate a draw but I would have a bs win on my side.   We all know Conor had at least 2 out of 3 first rounds at least but got one on one card.  It is bs or the general/big boxing fan has no idea how boxing is scored or it is corrupt as hell.

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

2 non  Mexicans at my house had Canelo even. Said Canelo punches were bigger. Not sure about that. 

What were the other score cards?  Canelo definitely seemed to land some good power, but GGG matched him and had activity, aggression and jabs in his favor.

1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

When I watch it, looks like I will think you won.  I can't rebate a draw but I would have a bs win on my side.   We all know Conor had at least 2 out of 3 first rounds at least but got one on one card.  It is bs or the general/big boxing fan has no idea how boxing is scored or it is corrupt as hell.

judges are a part of boxing.  We pushed the bet. Great fight either way.  Maybe we can do it again on the rematch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

If Conor won any rounds something's off.

1 minute ago, SacramentoBob said:

What were the other score cards?  Canelo definitely seemed to land some good power, but GGG matched him and had activity, aggression and jabs in his favor.

There are like 20 people at my house right now. Not sure exactly about all the cards. 

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

2 non  Mexicans at my house had Canelo even. Said Canelo punches were bigger. Not sure about that. 

I could see how people would see it that way, to be honest.  Canelo threw with more power.  I don't think his punches landed as well as the crowd did, and GGG countered effectively, but I could see how people looking for the big punch would've given a few more rounds to Canelo.  He fights a very viewer-friendly style.  Sits on the ropes and picks his spots while GGG picks him apart punch-by-punch.

1 minute ago, Steve Tasker said:

I could see how people would see it that way, to be honest.  Canelo threw with more power.  I don't think his punches landed as well as the crowd did, and GGG countered effectively, but I could see how people looking for the big punch would've given a few more rounds to Canelo.  He fights a very viewer-friendly style.  Sits on the ropes and picks his spots while GGG picks him apart punch-by-punch.

I'm not sure i agree with any of this. GGG was the aggressor with more power. 

• Kenny Powers changed the title to ***Official Sweet Science Thread***