What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Whats the deal with ESPN+?! as much as i want to see the fight tonight, im not signing up for this BS. No clue how they think this was a good idea

Whats the deal with ESPN+?! as much as i want to see the fight tonight, im not signing up for this BS. No clue how they think this was a good idea
I signed up.  It’s $5.  It’s worth that to watch manny imo.  Especially with ppvs going for $60 these days and showtime/hbo going for much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on Manny?  He dominated but he is looking old.  I think he should rematch horn and call it quits.  Was good to see him get a stoppage tho.

Didn't see the fight (still not paying for ESPN+.  Did I miss anything significant (I know the result but is the fight worth tracking down)?

Keith R said:
Didn't see the fight (still not paying for ESPN+.  Did I miss anything significant (I know the result but is the fight worth tracking down)?

Good Posting Judge said:
Easily think it was Pac's best fight post-Mayweather/shoulder thingy, but Matthysse presented very little resistance or trouble.
I just watched and it was ok. Lucas used to be my favorite but he's washed. It was an easy set- up for Pac.

Good Posting Judge said:
Easily think it was Pac's best fight post-Mayweather/shoulder thingy, but Matthysse presented very little resistance or trouble.
Matthysse=shot fighter.  His chin is gone & can't pull the trigger when he wants to punch.  Happens to all fighters but they are always the last to realize it.   In defense of Pac man, he was fast & found a home for a left uppercut.   He looked good-still a lot of stamina for 39 yrs old.   Amazing fighter.

Agreed, beating a very limited and done fighter in Matthysse does not mean that Pacquiao is " back ".

There are rumblings of Paq fighting a guy in his prime like Spence, Crawford or Lomachenko.  Paq gets smashed against all three of these guys. 

However, if he fights a lower level fighter like Amir Khan or Jesse Vargas, he can still put up a decent showing.

Agreed, beating a very limited and done fighter in Matthysse does not mean that Pacquiao is " back ".

There are rumblings of Paq fighting a guy in his prime like Spence, Crawford or Lomachenko.  Paq gets smashed against all three of these guys. 

However, if he fights a lower level fighter like Amir Khan or Jesse Vargas, he can still put up a decent showing.
If he met Lomachenko in the middle at 140, I think Pac would give him some issues just based on his size. VL was a bit small at 135 still, going up another level already would give him a disadvantage, one that he could overcome, but it'd be tough. 

And yeah, Crawford would beat him pretty handily. I think we're going to circle back towards a Pac-Khan matchup. 

In a dream world, we get Spence-Crawford to determine the best welterweight in the world.  We also get Pac-Thurman to line up the next opponent for the Spence-Crawford winner, rematch notwithstanding.

Sit back and watch that not happen.

In a dream world, we get Spence-Crawford to determine the best welterweight in the world.  We also get Pac-Thurman to line up the next opponent for the Spence-Crawford winner, rematch notwithstanding.

Sit back and watch that not happen.
Thurman's going to face at least two fairly easy opponents before he's back in a meaningful fight. Which should be around the year 2032.

I think Arum could poach Spence if he puts some real money behind Spence's efforts to get his own promotional company off the ground. That fight needs to be built a little, but also getting those two on the same side of the street would be immensely helpful. 

Mikey García has actually been trying to get the Spence fight.  I think that’s bad for Mikey.  

I dont want to see manny fight khan.  Bad matchup for him imo.  Some are saying Thurman for manny.  That could be interesting if it’s his first fight back.  I also would be intrigued at getting loma to come up to 140.  Evens things up a tad.. 

Excited for the Munguia fight tonight. He REALLY impressed me vs Sadam Ali, hoping for a similar dominance tonight. Not that i think Ali is that tough, but Munguia looked incredible with his size/speed & combinations. Hoping for the next elite fighter with him.

Excited for the Munguia fight tonight. He REALLY impressed me vs Sadam Ali, hoping for a similar dominance tonight. Not that i think Ali is that tough, but Munguia looked incredible with his size/speed & combinations. Hoping for the next elite fighter with him.
That is the only fight I have seen of him so I don't know what to expect tonight.

Mikey bullied him.  Dont think he can walk down Spence like that.  I would like to see him and Loma.  Good win tho.  Same with Ortiz.  id love to see Ortiz AJ.

Mikey bullied him.  Dont think he can walk down Spence like that.  I would like to see him and Loma.  Good win tho.  Same with Ortiz.  id love to see Ortiz AJ.
I think the Spence thing is just talk. His people will be smarter than that, he just isn't big enough to deal with a legit 147.

I haven't heard anything about whether this is true, but it really seemed like Parker suffered a concussion against Dillian Whyte. Whyte inadvertently hit him in the head and Parker went down, the ref didn't see it and incorrectly ruled it a knockdown. Parker was pretty listless throughout the rest of the fight, although he did make a spirited effort and had Whyte on very thin ice at the end there.

I’d give Mikey a real shot against Spence. Garcia is pound for pound as good as anyone.
He'd have to adjust to being the quarry, I think. At that weight there's virtually no chance of knocking out Spence, he'd just have to pile up points and stay out of harm's way, much easier said than done. But Spence can box, he's not just out there swinging from his heels. I'd still pick Spence over anybody except Crawford.

Fury/Wilder seems to be gaining momentum for December. It'd be a great build-up and an interesting clash of two unorthodox styles.

Just watched the Mikey fight, i thought Easter was winning halfway thru, but Mikey killed it last 4 rds...i thought it was closer than cards, like 115-112, but the closeout sealed the deal, for sure. 

I guess Id like to see him fight Spence, but that seems like a money grab. Id never count him out, but thats a big jump in wt & competition considering size difference. Mikey is world class, but #1 @ 147 in addition is a lot

Nice win for Pedraza over Ray Beltran, who's had a good career despite being such a limited boxer. The Lomachenko/Pedraza unification at 135 isn't official, but I think it's all but done.

That'll give Lomachenko 2 titles, and Garcia 2 titles, aaaaand a unification fight that's not gonna happen between the two.

BustedKnuckles said:
Wilder will be too busy for Fury

outworks him ...maybe drops Fury but i dont think he stops him....Fury is too savvy 
Yeah, Ortiz's counters gave Wilder something to think about. Fury obviously cannot bang with the same type of ferocity, so I wonder if Wilder's just going to go in guns blazing and letting go with abandon.

I think the more Fury gets inside on Wilder, the better off he'll fare. Wilder just seems clueless in terms of in-fighting, his technique is so bad that he'll often cuff punches in close.

I leaned a bit towards Wilder, and then I remind myself sometimes how movement can neutralize power. Gassiev, a really fine boxer with very good power, had nothing to trouble Usyk. Saunders did the same to Lemieux. There are a lot of counter-examples, and there's also the fact that who knows which Fury would be stepping into the ring. I'd pick the Fury that beat Klitschko in that stink-fest to do the same against Wilder, but that guy might be gone.

I'm going against the grain and picking Porter by MD.  Think he'll be really busy early, with Garcia worming his way back in but not quite catching up.  I could see Garcia getting desperate and giving Porter the opening for a late stoppage but won't go so far as to predict that.

Im still surprised Garcia has remained a title contender this long, so ill take Porter but i expect a back and forth fight either way. Garcia has just never impressed me.

Are any of the fights on HBO tonight worth warching?

Are any of the fights on HBO tonight worth warching?
They're decent but a clear step down from previous Superfly cards. Will watch on replay after Garcia-Porter.

I've seen lately when HBO and Showtime go head-to-head, HBO will give away Showtime's results, so I will make a point of watching Showtime live and HBO on replay.

Users who are viewing this thread