Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Sweet Science Thread***

19 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Not having a great year. I think the right tactics for the Canelo fight were basically for G to do what he did to Lemieux, circle, jab, and take advantage of opp's lack of lateral movement. 

And Gassiev, who is a great fighter and had an absolute war with Dorticos, just had no answers for Usyk. I don't know if there was anything Abel could've done, but Gassiev had nothing resembling a Plan B.

7 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Povetkin looked like he was going to put him down.  Had his knees buckled in the first but AJ eventually connected and put him through the ring.  Potvetkin was touching him though and was likely even on the scorecards but shout out to AJ for persevering and getting him out of there.

Joshua was actually up on all scorecards, because it's boxing.

But yeah, Povetkin fought valiantly and even elevated himself, IMO, in defeat. Joshua was constantly spearing him to the stomach and chest with his jab, and whereas Povetkin was landing the more meaningful shots through the first five rounds (Joshua started to get his timing down in the 6th), Joshua says that that strategy was meant to tire him out, and Povetkin was starting to gas. 

AJ is still the #1 HW for me. He just has fewer flaws than everyone else.

1 hour ago, Keith R said:

HBO getting out of boxing after about 43 years. :(

They had been declining as of late but still sad to see them stop altogether.  Hard to think of a fighter I really liked who had never fought on HBO.

I think Nelson ran that ship into the ground. Just not a lot of foresight into building up interesting fighters or fights, and now for them it's not a big driver of subscriptions. I have fond memories of it too, but after Kellerman's knob job the other night, ####### good riddance. 

Once it came out that Canelo was a free agent, and they passed on that Kovalev/Alvarez rematch, this outcome seemed very likely.

11 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Canelo signs with DAZN for 11 fights, $365mm. 

That is an unreal figure.  I guess they know what they're doing, as now it will be sooner rather than later that I will subscribe to DAZN.  Still haven't pulled the trigger on ESPN+.

5 minutes ago, Keith R said:

That is an unreal figure.  I guess they know what they're doing, as now it will be sooner rather than later that I will subscribe to DAZN.  Still haven't pulled the trigger on ESPN+.

It sounds like a good deal to me.  Pay $10 and not having to worry about paying a crazy Ppv fee.  Wwe has been doing this for a while i believe.

11 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

It sounds like a good deal to me.  Pay $10 and not having to worry about paying a crazy Ppv fee.  Wwe has been doing this for a while i believe.

Yeah, I've had the WWE Network for a few years now.  Went from picking and choosing PPVs at $45-55 per to getting them all for $10/month, plus additional content.  As of right now, it's my only streaming sports package, but that will change in December, if not before.

12 hours ago, Keith R said:

Yeah, I've had the WWE Network for a few years now.  Went from picking and choosing PPVs at $45-55 per to getting them all for $10/month, plus additional content.  As of right now, it's my only streaming sports package, but that will change in December, if not before.

Getting the entire WBSS is a pretty good deal too, IMO. It's just ramping up with a lot of not-great matchups so far (Fayfer/Tabiti, yikes), but the 140 and 118 tournies should be very solid.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, Good Posting Judge said:

Usyk is a god.

Y'all should do yourselves a favor, if you haven't yet, and watch his WBSS run and the Bellew fight. All "road games." All distinctly different opponents, and Usyk in return employing different styles. He does the same thing that Floyd or Bud do, where you're about even with him for the first 3 rounds (FWIW I had Bellew up 2-1 after 3), and then he figures you out and goes to work, and then you're ####ed.

He also really dropped the hammer on Bellew when he needed to. 

33 minutes ago, GOB said:

That hook from Usyk was on the button.

A real beaut, Clark.

He laid the groundwork by clubbing the #### out of him with that left for the round and a half previous. If you watch the replay, Bellew was just standing in front of him, square, probably concussed, with his hands down when Usyk put him away. 

21 minutes ago, GOB said:

Yeah Usyk very well might be the Fighter of the year. 

Impressive stuff. 

Wilder Fury please.

I don't think anyone else has an argument over him. If Wilder knocks off Ortiz and Fury (I don't think he will, btw), he'll have a case, and certainly will get a lot of love stateside, but Breidis/Gassiev/Bellew is more impressive imo.

42 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

I don't think anyone else has an argument over him. If Wilder knocks off Ortiz and Fury (I don't think he will, btw), he'll have a case, and certainly will get a lot of love stateside, but Breidis/Gassiev/Bellew is more impressive imo.

Until further notice, Loma is fighter of the year. Lock it up.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Spence/Garcia (and a whole huge slate of mostly nonsense PBC fights) PPV announced today for March. Despite the size difference, this is a very interesting fight imo.

I hear it's in Dallas Stadium? I can never bad mouth top guys fighting so I'm all in.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, GOB said:

Anybody else excited about Wilder vs Fury?

GF has her Christmas work party but it's open bar so hopefully I'll have her passed out before 11pm.

I am all over Wilder-Fury.  Could be a collision or a trainwreck but is almost certain to be entertaining in some way. 

46 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Definitely excited for Wilder-Fury...undercard looks pretty crappy though, the Hurd match is a joke.

Also, good match on SHO in Adonis Stevenson vs Gvozdyk starting in an hr or so, the latter is actually favored.

Not by enough imo. Think Stevenson is washed.

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Definitely excited for Wilder-Fury...undercard looks pretty crappy though, the Hurd match is a joke.

Also, good match on SHO in Adonis Stevenson vs Gvozdyk starting in an hr or so, the latter is actually favored.

Who do you like?

• Kenny Powers changed the title to ***Official Sweet Science Thread***