***Official Sweet Science Thread***

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

118-110? 

My kid waking up at 530 after I stayed up for this... the ultimate knockout punch. 

No. Injury was caused by a punch. So if Wilder quits because of said injury, he loses. NC is an inadvertent injury (usually a headbutt) before four rounds are completed. If four or more rounds are

6 minutes ago, Corporation said:

The ESPN guy had it 114-112 Wilder, so was it that far off?  

I don't know. There's been worse decisions. But if you spot Wilder 4 points from the knockdown rounds you're calling the other 10 a draw. And they weren't.

Yep.  Every fighter knows you go to the champions turf if you dont KO them anything can happen.  Im surprised Fury got up.  Im not surprised by the decision.  Frankly im most impressed by Fury.  I didnt think he was back to top form but he definitely is.  This division just got very interesting. 

• Like 2

That was a great fight, but how the #### does someone have Wilder at 115-111 even with the two 10-8s?

I thought Fury controlled the entire fight except the two knockdowns and right after, somehow, he got back up and regained control.

This is why boxing has failed. Judges need to be eliminated and replaced by technology.

& wow, he got up from the dead. Is there a single person in the world that didn’t think that was the end?

For some reason, I instantly thought about Silva vs Sonnen when Chael controlled the first 4 rounds and Silva pulled off the submission with less than 2 minutes to go in the 5th. It was the guy that dominated throughout and then giving it up at the end of the fight.

Shocked he got up, and then somehow caught Wilder to back him off. 

Edited by fantasycurse42
5 minutes ago, andyjayhawker said:

How come the judges’ scores don’t all add up to the same amount? 

One card was114-110 Fury and another was 115-111 wilder. Then there was the 113-113 draw. There’s two fewer points on the card that fury won. That doesn’t make sense to me. 

Never mind. I offered a possibility that made no sense. 

Edited by Plorfu
Because my math doesn't make any sense
3 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

i could watch that knockdown in the 12th round 100 times and 100x's i'd bet no way Fury gets up.

My mind is still blown, and will be blown every time i see it.  Fury has some kind of heart that can't be described.

I thought he was dead, like carted out, helicopter to intensive care, and at best eating food through a straw for 18 months. 

He was up and swinging meaningful shots 30 seconds later, that was amazing.

47 minutes ago, andyjayhawker said:

How come the judges’ scores don’t all add up to the same amount? 

One card was114-110 Fury and another was 115-111 wilder. Then there was the 113-113 draw. There’s two fewer points on the card that fury won. That doesn’t make sense to me. 

One of those dildos wrote down 114-110 instead of 114-112.

I had Fury winning on points...but i have no issue with a draw.  He did get knocked down 2x's and one of them was brutal.  I get 10-8 is the most you can score a round, but i'm having a hard time being livid that the fight was a draw.  It was a great fight and both of them brought it.  Wilder got owned as a boxer but in a heavyweight fight the bombs are valued..and he landed some bombs.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

I had Fury winning on points...but i have no issue with a draw.  He did get knocked down 2x's and one of them was brutal.  I get 10-8 is the most you can score a round, but i'm having a hard time being livid that the fight was a draw.  It was a great fight and both of them brought it.  Wilder got owned as a boxer but in a heavyweight fight the bombs are valued..and he landed some bombs.

I think Fury won the fight, but can’t argue with this logic.

With that, the first knockdown wasn’t all that impressive, imo. The second one was nothing short of amazing, but I also put stock in Fury getting up and legitimately fighting out the rest of the round, and actually looking impressive nonetheless. 

He obviously scores 10-8 in those 2, but outside of that, I can’t see how he picked up more than 2 rounds elsewhere.

114-112 is about right from what I saw, but I guess I agree you can’t be outraged about the result.

5 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I think Fury won the fight, but can’t argue with this logic.

With that, the first knockdown wasn’t all that impressive, imo. The second one was nothing short of amazing, but I also put stock in Fury getting up and legitimately fighting out the rest of the round, and actually looking impressive nonetheless. 

He obviously scores 10-8 in those 2, but outside of that, I can’t see how he picked up more than 2 rounds elsewhere.

114-112 is about right from what I saw, but I guess I agree you can’t be outraged about the result.

Agree.  I definitely had Fury winning.  As a whole i just can't be mad it was a draw.  Granted boxing is scored round by round and by those metrics Fury won.  Either way i'm looking forward to the rematch. 

13 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Agree.  I definitely had Fury winning.  As a whole i just can't be mad it was a draw.  Granted boxing is scored round by round and by those metrics Fury won.  Either way i'm looking forward to the rematch. 

I can’t fathom 115-111. Outside of 9 & 12, how does someone see Wilder winning 5 other rounds? How is that possible? Was this guy watching the same fight as me? That scorecard was shocking to me.

The only round I thought Wilder won was the 1st.

Edited by fantasycurse42
6 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I can’t fathom 115-111. Outside of 9 & 12, how does someone see Wilder winning 5 other rounds? How is that possible? Was this guy watching the same fight as me? That scorecard was shocking to me.

The only round I thought Wilder won was the 1st.

He got a bag of money.

Just now, Good Posting Judge said:

Reiss was spot-on. Go watch the replay, and start counting as soon as Fury hits the deck.

When i saw it again, i noticed his first count was on 4.  I initially thought it was 1 at that point. So yea he was def spot on.  Undertaker/Fury is an alien. 

1 hour ago, Keith R said:

Was rooting for Wilder.  Scored it 115-111 Fury.  Like everyone else on the planet, amazed Fury got up, then not only survived but fought back well and stymied Wilder's follow-up.

Dude's a legend. I'm apathetic towards Joshua and I kind of dislike Wilder, but Fury's hard not to love.

Teofimo Lopez with a early 1st rd blaster of a KO in opening fight on espn. Im mostly impressed bc i remember seeing Menard vs Devin Haney & another recent fight & he doesnt go down easy. Cant wait for next Lopez fight.

• Like 1

I watched the Wilder Fury fight again.  After a rewatch. I scored it 113-113.  Wilder was the aggressor early on. Alot of furys punches didnt land clean or were blocked or misses. Wilder lands a few nice body blows. I gave him the first 3 but the rounds were close. i gave fury the rest aside from the 10-8 rounds. A draw was the right decision IMO.  But not surprised by the other cards as the rounds were close and depending on whether the judge favors the aggressor or the boxer thats your difference.

Has anyone seen the streaming quality off DAZN?

I'm not subscribing to it, especially since I just started ESPN+.

GF had her appendix taken out yesterday. Was supposed to go to her friends Christmas party. Huge win for our hero, GOB. 

12 minutes ago, GOB said:

Has anyone seen the streaming quality off DAZN?

I'm not subscribing to it, especially since I just started ESPN+.

GF had her appendix taken out yesterday. Was supposed to go to her friends Christmas party. Huge win for our hero, GOB. 

It was decent if i recall.  Better than my first experience with espn+.  I bucked up for dazn.  I’m all in if we can do away with ppvs and move to a subscription model.  Of course this fight is not going to be close.  But I’ll watch.

6 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

It was decent if i recall.  Better than my first experience with espn+.  I bucked up for dazn.  I’m all in if we can do away with ppvs and move to a subscription model.  Of course this fight is not going to be close.  But I’ll watch.

I hear ya but right now I subscribe to Amazon Prime video, Netflix, ESPN+, and UFC fight pass. 

And cable wonders why people are cutting the cord

• Kenny Powers changed the title to ***Official Sweet Science Thread***