Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Sweet Science Thread***

3 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

think he was concussed early and never recovered.  Ruiz destroyed him.  LMAO @ eddie hearn right now.

Yes Joshua never recovered from that first knockdown. He was asking what punch got him like 3 rounds later. 

1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Regardless of AJ winning the rematch, this will impact him going forward.  he is no longer the A side.

If he beats Fury or Wilder, he’s back on top 

14 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I can't recall a successful boxer like Ruiz...short, fat, fast hands, good power.  :shrug:

He’s 6’2” so he’s not that short. Definitely fat tho lol

Edited by Ilov80s

8 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

think he was concussed early and never recovered.  Ruiz destroyed him.  LMAO @ eddie hearn right now.

This.  He looked out of it.  No sense of urgency. He got hit behind the ear in the third.

Boxing may have won in the short-term (who doesn't like a big upset ?) but it may have also lost in the long-term (so much for the rare vaunted potential match-up of unbeaten heavyweight champions).

Wilder and Fury will fight again in early 2020. Ruiz will likely get the winner if he doesn't lose in the interim.

Joshua has now been reduced to Frank Bruno status. A long suspected protected Euro fighter with a chin problem who got smashed when he traveled over the Atlantic.

18 hours ago, brianj74 said:

Boxing may have won in the short-term (who doesn't like a big upset ?) but it may have also lost in the long-term (so much for the rare vaunted potential match-up of unbeaten heavyweight champions).

Wilder and Fury will fight again in early 2020. Ruiz will likely get the winner if he doesn't lose in the interim.

Joshua has now been reduced to Frank Bruno status. A long suspected protected Euro fighter with a chin problem who got smashed when he traveled over the Atlantic.

I disagree.  As long as boxing politics don't get in the way, the HW division is looking better than ever.  Just because Joshua lost doesn't mean he's done.  Of anything, I think his handlers are less likely to avoid protecting him by having him box no name guys. (That didn't quite work out).  A klitchko rematch could be a possibility, and Furry and Wilder are always out there.  Then there is the potential Ruiz rematch.  We now have 4 big names, and a Klitchko in the HW division.  I didn't ever think I would know the names of +1-2 hw boxers at any given time for the rest of my life.

19 hours ago, brianj74 said:

Ruiz will fight Joshua next this year.  My guess is he loses.  We will still have a big fight but just that aj is no longer the a side.  Makes it more intriguing honestly.  And really wilder/fury is the big fight now.  

And it gives us more good fights.  Then Ruiz can fight the loser of wilder/fury 2 and then the winner of that can fight.  And maybe the fights get done easier now that less money is at stake.  

Edited by PinkydaPimp

35 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Wilder makes the most sense , right?

Well i think they have the wilder fight locked in for spring 2020.  He said he will take a fight before that.

guess he can’t fight aj or Ruiz since they will rematch.  Wilder is fighting Ortiz.  So wyte?  Parker?

2 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Well i think they have the wilder fight locked in for spring 2020.  He said he will take a fight before that.

guess he can’t fight aj or Ruiz since they will rematch.  Wilder is fighting Ortiz.  So wyte?  Parker?

Oh, gotcha. If spring 2020 is locked in then he's likely just fightine a punching bag. Why risk it with a live fighter?

9 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Oh, gotcha. If spring 2020 is locked in then he's likely just fightine a punching bag. Why risk it with a live fighter?

I was gonna say well he just fought a punching bag so he won’t do it twice but then i remembered he is on espn.  Lol.  Punching bag confirmed.  

• Laughing 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Kenny Powers changed the title to ***Official Sweet Science Thread***