What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Been slipping in here, seems like I miss Triple G's fights every time, but a decent triple card tonight on HBO headlined by Rios-Chaves..if Sergey Kovalev wins his fight tonight its already agreed he faces B-Hop for a unification fight next.

Been slipping in here, seems like I miss Triple G's fights every time, but a decent triple card tonight on HBO headlined by Rios-Chaves..if Sergey Kovalev wins his fight tonight its already agreed he faces B-Hop for a unification fight next.
Kovalev should roll about as easy as GGG did.Welcome back too. I was wondering what happened, hadn't seen you here in awhile. Pretty good scrap right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kovalev should roll about as easy as GGG did.Welcome back too. I was wondering what happened, hadn't seen you here in awhile. Pretty good scrap right now.
Yeah expecting Kovalev to get a fairly early KO based on what Ive read/seen.

That Vargas-Novikov fight was better than expected, and definitely better than the scorecards would show. Id say Vargas still deserved the win but only by a round or 2.

Ive barely been on FBGs all summer my man, been busy and once you arent checking your favorite threads and stuff every day or two its hard to get back in that rhythm..Football season is starting soon though hah

Yeah expecting Kovalev to get a fairly early KO based on what Ive read/seen.

That Vargas-Novikov fight was better than expected, and definitely better than the scorecards would show. Id say Vargas still deserved the win but only by a round or 2.

Ive barely been on FBGs all summer my man, been busy and once you arent checking your favorite threads and stuff every day or two its hard to get back in that rhythm..Football season is starting soon though hah
Hopefully keeping busy with positive things and enjoying the summer.

That Capo guy was a joke. Only been boxing 6 years? Yeah, good luck buddy. There was literally 0% chance Kovalev could have lost that fight. Hopkins vs Kovalev, now that I am excited for. How long can Hopkins keep these young lions at bay?

PinkydaPimp said:
Ilov80s said:
PinkydaPimp said:
What an ####### and a cheap way to try and get a fight.
apparently he showed up at his gym as well. part of me thinks this may have been staged.
Staged by Briggs, for sure. I'm not sure Vlad is into it as I don't think he is planning on fighting Briggs and already has a fight in September that he is promoting.
no fear from Vlad what so ever haha

Peterson beating him up. Did he find some new PEDs??
Santana has the worst approach I have ever seen at this level:

1. Walk down opponent

2. Do not jab

3. Once close to opponent, follow him around

4. Do not punch

5. Do not back-up when opponent punches

Ilov80s said:
BustedKnuckles said:
OOFFF...i actually felt bad for that guy
Had no business fighting Danny. That was the softest card. 3 major mismatches.
ya ...he wouldnt even be a good sparring partner for Danny...im guessing they wanted 2 cream puffs to promote a Santana / Garcia fight next?

Amazing card tonight. Right now on Showtime Extreme Jorge Linares is fighting. After that, American HW champion in the making, Deontay Wilder is fighting. The main card on Showtime has Kell Brook vs Shawn Porter for the welterweight title. While neither is a big name, these guys are top notch fighters ready to break into the next level. Also, Omar "100 punches a minute" Figeuroa is on the undercard. His fights are pure action.

This is all at the Stubhub Center which has some magical powers. Over the last 3 years, it seems like every card at the Stubhub Center has been full of fun action fights and shocking results.

Amazing card tonight. Right now on Showtime Extreme Jorge Linares is fighting. After that, American HW champion in the making, Deontay Wilder is fighting. The main card on Showtime has Kell Brook vs Shawn Porter for the welterweight title. While neither is a big name, these guys are top notch fighters ready to break into the next level. Also, Omar "100 punches a minute" Figeuroa is on the undercard. His fights are pure action.

This is all at the Stubhub Center which has some magical powers. Over the last 3 years, it seems like every card at the Stubhub Center has been full of fun action fights and shocking results.
Yeah, psyched for these fights tonight. All 3 should be entertaining fights. Surprised Wilder wasnt on the regular SHO boxing card.

Yeah, psyched for these fights tonight. All 3 should be entertaining fights. Surprised Wilder wasnt on the regular SHO boxing card.
The fight was literally booked 3 weeks ago. The guy was in terrible shape and quit in the corner as he was just out of gas after 3 rounds.

Was thinking Figueroa-Estrada would be the best fight of the night, and if it goes anywhere close to 12 rounds Id have to think it will be.

Though Estrada won the 1st, Omar the 2nd

Was thinking Figueroa-Estrada would be the best fight of the night, and if it goes anywhere close to 12 rounds Id have to think it will be.

Though Estrada won the 1st, Omar the 2nd
Good fight, but not quite was exciting as u thought. Omar's improved defense has made it a lot tougher for Estrada than I thought.

Also, I kind of like Estrada to knock off Figueroa.
Good call...nice KO...Figueroa reminds me of Aron Pryor with his relentless punching with either hand from awkward angles
I was wrong, but he gave him a decent fight. Omar is awesome to watch, but I'm not sure how well he holds up moving to a higher weight division. Despite the perfect punch he landed tonight, Omar doesn't have a lot of power or great defense. It's unlikely his hands will ever get any better either. He might have reached his ceiling.

Good call...nice KO...Figueroa reminds me of Aron Pryor with his relentless punching with either hand from awkward angles
I was wrong, but he gave him a decent fight. Omar is awesome to watch, but I'm not sure how well he holds up moving to a higher weight division. Despite the perfect punch he landed tonight, Omar doesn't have a lot of power or great defense. It's unlikely his hands will ever get any better either. He might have reached his ceiling.
oh crap i read that wrong lol....

Thought Omar won every round except 1 (6th?) after the 1st...still a good fight, Im glad to see he stepped up more than anything and pretty much took over the fight.

The fight was literally booked 3 weeks ago. The guy was in terrible shape and quit in the corner as he was just out of gas after 3 rounds.
Wilder is a joke IMO....imagine what Mike Tyson would have done to that guy Wilder fought? haha

Dont disagree with any of this. Dude looks skinny as hell, but whether it be his actual power or just the volume I think there's something there. Hard to know if it holds at 140, but I wouldnt hold it against him until we see. The hands could be a problem at any time/fight.

Wilder is a joke IMO....imagine what Mike Tyson would have done to that guy Wilder fought? haha
I watched the fight and I don't think he really tried. I honestly think he just wanted to get some rounds in. I do think Wilder has a lot to prove. He is fighting bums and the couple decent guys he fought seemed to just quit in the first round and chose to take a knee and let the fight end.

Wilder said in his interview he wanted rounds, not a 1st round KO. I dont think WIlder is a joke at all. Cant wait to see him finally fight the legit HW's

Arreola was a joke, not Wilder.

Might as well make the Dirrell-Bika 1st round 9-9...ref got the most action, and rightfully so for the most part...####ing fight!
This is going to be a total mess. I can't believe anyone signs on to fight Bika as he does everything in the ring, but box.

9 tonight Friday Night Fights has Austin Trout fighting. Pressure is on after 2 straight losses (Canelo and Lara).

Users who are viewing this thread