What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

10:00 Eastern on Showtime is WIlder vs Stiverne Maybe Kenny will come update the thread title, but tonight is the biggest HW fight in awhile. Can Olympic medlaist Deontay Wilder become the first American HW Champion since Holyfield? I think so. I'm not sure he can keep it going against better competition, but to this point he has been a 6 foot 7 Mike Tyson knocking everyone out. I don't think he has ever been past the 4th round. Still, despite the Olympic background and punching power, there are a lot of questions. He is raw. He got into boxing late in life after his daughter was born premature and with a serious illness. He had to give up his attempt at college football and turned to boxing. It has been an incredible to road from Tuscaloosa to being 1 win away from being the heir to the Evander Holyfield line of American fighters.

Watch the ALL ACCESS preview here form Showtime.
wilder needs to go to that soft belly

10:00 Eastern on Showtime is WIlder vs Stiverne Maybe Kenny will come update the thread title, but tonight is the biggest HW fight in awhile. Can Olympic medlaist Deontay Wilder become the first American HW Champion since Holyfield? I think so. I'm not sure he can keep it going against better competition, but to this point he has been a 6 foot 7 Mike Tyson knocking everyone out. I don't think he has ever been past the 4th round. Still, despite the Olympic background and punching power, there are a lot of questions. He is raw. He got into boxing late in life after his daughter was born premature and with a serious illness. He had to give up his attempt at college football and turned to boxing. It has been an incredible to road from Tuscaloosa to being 1 win away from being the heir to the Evander Holyfield line of American fighters.

Watch the ALL ACCESS preview here form Showtime.
wilder needs to go to that soft belly
Not sure how he'd hit that low...Wilder is tall as hell.

He shrinks down so his jab lands straight and with great snap though.

I'm interested in how does Stiverne counter this...he HAS to duck under that jab and bang the ribs. Chop this big boy down or keep eating these jabs until it's NIGHT NIGHT.

Why we bringing up Tyson? That guy was an absolute freak of nature.

There will never be another Tyson...ever.

Stiverne with no chance. Peekaboo doesn't work unless you have head movement.

He's a stable target...goodnight.

Stiverne is awake again...Wilder let him back in this.

Gritty champ but damn...no head movement at all.

4th was Stiverne's best round by far. He was dropping his guard a little on the attack though. Wilder moving a little slower in the 4th.

I'd love to get Wilder in the gym...build his thighs...it would make his hooks monstrous.

He's pinpointing now...jab is still great but even though it's probably won him many fights...it won't win this without something else.

Stiverne looks like he can eat jabs well...and keeps coming.

But how many can you take, honestly?

Really liked what Stiverne did last round...worked the body...moved a little...cut the ring a bit...not bad at all.

Wilder showing more jabs then he ever did but slowing down...Stiverne coming on not by looking great, but bc Wilder cant block anything

Damn!

Can't believe Stiverne can take those jabs like that...then when he gets stung, he immediately rebounds...real quick recovery.

Wilder doesn't stay on him enough though with combos...

Stiverne is guilty too though...just freakin follows Wilder after he stings him.

This is wonderful...a few tweaks and either guy has a real chance to win.

Honestly, I can see Stiverne landing one of those crazy haymakers late and killing a man.

But Wilder is going to make him eat stiff jabs all night.

Wilder needs more combos.

Users who are viewing this thread