What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (8 Viewers)

irishidiot said:
Broner is a good fighter, but way too defensive minded.  You throw, he covers up.    I liked how he thanked the Lord & then let fly a bunch of F-bombs.
Covers up, or jumps back and has to completely reset. He actually looked decent in the first, even though it was a fairly typical feeling-out round (I edged it slightly to Broner), but then he just goes back into his bad habits. He started throwing more late in the fight, but at that point it was far too late, and Garcia was still fresh. Stafford was imploring him in his corner to pick it up, he just isn't comfortable letting his hands go against good competition.

Hey fellas!

I'm still following boxing but holy crap it's so hard to keep up. I prefer MMA but nothing beats a slick boxing match imo.

Excited about Lomachenko this weekend.

Broner-Garcia fight worth revisiting?

GOB said:
Hey fellas!

I'm still following boxing but holy crap it's so hard to keep up. I prefer MMA but nothing beats a slick boxing match imo.

Excited about Lomachenko this weekend.

Broner-Garcia fight worth revisiting?
Garcia was just about 10 levels better than Broner and landed almost at will all fight. Broner just put his guard up and let Mikey hit him. Mikey is a nearly perfect boxer, but it doesn't look his power will carry over to higher weights. 

Wlad Klitschko retires. Sucks we won't get to see him and Joshua run it back, but I wish him well. Guy held the belts for over a decade and did it with pure class and dignity. 

Broner is a good fighter, but way too defensive minded.  You throw, he covers up.    I liked how he thanked the Lord & then let fly a bunch of F-bombs.
I disagree. I've seen enough of Broner now to call it. He just doesn't have top tier talent. So, SO many holes in his game that any elite level opponent will expose them the same way Mikey did. He's a never was Showtime hype job.

Good Posting Judge said:
JMM is hanging it up, too. I mean, he hasn't fought in 3 years, but, I guess he's not coming back.

We're running out of boxers!
Nah, just old boxers.

Which is good because there is a bunch of young talent in the sport right now and maybe they will start to get more shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice effort by Marriaga, but he was in waters that were far too deep for him. Far more effective than Nicholas Walters or Rocky Martinez, fwiw.
Yea I was impressed by Marriaga.  Solid head movement and defense considering he was in with a monster.

i think Lomo also did a good job at impressing tonight.  Hope this gains him some more attention.  

So who is next for lomo?  Mikey Garcia?  Rigo?  Crawford won't happen right?

Yea I was impressed by Marriaga.  Solid head movement and defense considering he was in with a monster.

i think Lomo also did a good job at impressing tonight.  Hope this gains him some more attention.  

So who is next for lomo?  Mikey Garcia?  Rigo?  Crawford won't happen right?
Any of those 3 fights would be on par with a Canelo-GGG in terms of quality imo

so im curious.  Who will be ordering this fight?  Im going to order and gather some heads to chip in.  We know mayweather will win easily.  But it will be a spectacle and im intrigued.

Do we know who will be on the undercard though?  I hope they stack it.

so im curious.  Who will be ordering this fight?  Im going to order and gather some heads to chip in.  We know mayweather will win easily.  But it will be a spectacle and im intrigued.

Do we know who will be on the undercard though?  I hope they stack it.
Porter/Dulorme is near-official, Jack/Cleverly is done, Gervonta is fighting TBA, Rocky Martinez had to pull out b/c he can't make 130. There's a female fighter I don't know making her debut.

Dulorme gets a bone tossed to him, and TMT's other two big fighters are show-cased in what will likely be dull fights. I mean, unless Lomachenko jumps on the card to fight Gervonta last minute, ha ha ha.

It's the same night as my longtime local fantasy draft. Most of them said they want to chip in some cash to get the fight.

I think Indongo was a little jumpy. He is so reliant on his jab and maintaining distance, being in there that close that early seems foolish, although we benefit from hindsight.
Pretty sure Indongo is going to need 3 new ribs, a liver and possibly a kidney.  Crawford with a bodyshot knockout is pretty freaking cool to watch.

Are we thinking the normal channels will be available for streaming the fight tonight?  I have plans to go to a buddy's house for a small watch party but am currently battling a potentially-major plumbing problem and might need to be home in case something goes awry.  But I'm not looking to pay $100 just for myself.

Are we thinking the normal channels will be available for streaming the fight tonight?  I have plans to go to a buddy's house for a small watch party but am currently battling a potentially-major plumbing problem and might need to be home in case something goes awry.  But I'm not looking to pay $100 just for myself.
Probably but i heard Showtime is already cracking down.  So might be harder than usual. 

Users who are viewing this thread