What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

goonsquad

Think different.
Based on the critically acclaimed comic series, The Walking Dead is a live action TV series about a group of survivors during the zombie apocalypse.

So far, the zombie production stills look fantastic. Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) is writing and directing. Gale Ann Hurd is producing.

Official Blog

TWD Zombie Makeup Gallery

Absolutely can not wait for this to start! :o :eek: :lmao: :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes, they are going with the classic slow-walking 'Romero' zombies. None of that modern fast zombie crap here. :lmao:

SD Comic-Con 2010: The Walking Dead Promotional One-Sheet

AMC Comic Con Frank Darabont Horror Convention Horror Panel SDCC 10 The Walking Dead

A new promotional Comic-Con one-sheet for Frank Darabont's adaptation of the Robert Kirkman zombie epic "The Walking Dead" has debuted online and we have every stiffened pixel for you right here!

Look for "The Walking Dead" to make a splash at the show on Friday, July 23rd. Details below.

From the Press Release:

The stars and producers of AMC’s highly-anticipated series “The Walking Dead,” based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, will descend on Comic-Con 2010 for a panel event and exclusive sneak preview of the original drama.

“The Walking Dead” panel, scheduled for Friday, July 23, at 11:30 AM in Room 6BCF, will feature series stars Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually), Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), Laurie Holden (The Mist), and Emma Bell (“Law & Order”). Joining the cast are writer, director, executive producer and three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile); executive producers Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon); make-up artist Greg Nicotero (George Romero’s Land of the Dead, The Mist); and Joel Stillerman, AMC's SVP of original programming, production and digital content.

During the hour-long event, moderator Eric Moro of IGN.com will lead panelists in a discussion about their experience shooting the series in Atlanta and the process of bringing Kirkman’s comic book to life on the small screen, among other topics, followed by an exclusive first look at “The Walking Dead” and a Q&A session with attendees.

“The Walking Dead” panel will be complemented by a number of on-the-ground activities taking place throughout Comic-Con:

Attendees will have an opportunity to get “zombified” by visiting “The Walking Dead” booth and putting themselves into a zombie scene from the series via a touch screen; AMC will email the photo to them.

AMC will distribute limited edition "The Walking Dead" series posters from internationally recognized movie poster artist Drew Struzan (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Hellboy and more).

An autograph session will take place with Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Gale Anne Hurd in the Image Comic Books booth.

AMC will distribute limited edition "The Walking Dead" series buttons.

AMC will have “The Walking Dead” walkers around the convention center and booth.

“The Walking Dead” booth will be a semi-recreation of a scene from the pilot episode.

See you at Comic-Con, and look for “The Walking Dead” to premiere this October during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films.

Dig on the one-sheet below courtesy of IGN.

Not 100% sure how something this dark can be turned into a basic cable TV show without scraping the source material but I am so in.

Eviloutsider said:
Just got done reading Volumes 1-4. Got 5-11 in the queue at the local library. Pretty good so far.
I read them when they are released at the Books-a-Million or Borders. Just sit down, read them, put them back. :popcorn:

Anywhere, non-torrents, that I could find volume 5 online. It seems as though that is the only one the library doesn't have.

I just watched the trailer on AMC. Looks fantastic - a ripoff (at least in the beginning) of 28 Days Later - but hell, all these are ripoffs of Romero anyway.

Jobber said:
I just watched the trailer on AMC. Looks fantastic - a ripoff (at least in the beginning) of 28 Days Later - but hell, all these are ripoffs of Romero anyway.
I think they were actually written at about the same time.

If you guys have an ipod touch,ipad, or iphone

check out their comic books under Comics in the app store.First book is available free, rest are 1.99.

Good lord I can not wait for this series. I have been watching and reading about zombies for almost 20 years now and the Walking Dead graphic novels were the best treatment of this niche IMO.

For those concerned that this is a rip off of other zombie stories, give it a chance. While their are always similar elements, the graphic novels generated some incredible characters. If the TV show can survive to season 2, when more cool characters can be introduced, the sky could be the limit.

Their was a rumor this week that Season 2 was already green lit but that has since been stated to be incorrect at this time.

I am unsure how much they will be able to grab the audience with only 6 episodes in season 1 but I am remaining hopeful.

I think they were actually written at about the same time.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/interviews/kir...he-walking-dead

RR: Mind clearing up the chronology of it all? When you wrote the first issue versus when 28 Days Later came out.

RK: I don't have a leg to stand on because 28 Days Later came out in Great Britain so long before it came out here, but this whole book was planned to start in April or March of 2003 instead of October. When we pitched Image [the idea] and they accepted it, we were ready to go, and all the stuff was planned out and the opening was already written. We had already started production on The Walking Dead to a certain degree, and it would've debuted in March; but when we pitched it, Image publisher Jim Valentino said they were putting together a horror line for October and they wanted us to be a part of that. They wanted to hold off on the release until October. 28 Days Later came out in June, so . . . yeah, I hadn't even seen it. I swear! The similarities – you know, Rick wakes up in a bed, he's in a hospital – that’s pretty much it. I don't claim that it's the most original idea in the world, so I don't really care. It was just something I could start the story off with the main character being as clueless as the reader so he can learn about things at the same time the reader does and there wouldn't be any gaps I would have to go back and fill in.

edit for better quote

Based on this thread, I've been reading these and am up to volume 5.

Really stoked about this on TV. Although the theme re: the survivors are just as (if not more) dangerous as the zombies is depressing. And unfortunately accurate.

I saw a commercial for this during Rubicon the other day. It was only about 15 seconds long.

Pitch black, with an injured guy slowly descending a staircase lighting matches for light.

The second match he lights, you hear a couple zombies groan off in the distance. The guy looked...a bit concerned.

This look really good. Hopefully it stays about the zombies and doesn't fall into the character study, drama type shows.

This look really good. Hopefully it stays about the zombies and doesn't fall into the character study, drama type shows.
If this is the case, it would be a huge disappointment. I have been reading this tale (it doesn't feel right to call it a comic) since it started and the character development and interaction is the thing that keeps me coming back.

I'm guessing from this that you've never read the books? Because this series is very much about the characters.
I have not read them. They are on my next to do list after I finish the Passage.I don't have a problem with developing characters--that's great. It is just when supposed action/horror movies get bogged down in a 10-15 minute dialogue scene, it takes away from the whole theme of the movie which is ultimately zombies.Again, I look forward to reading the books before I pass any type of judgment. I am a huge zombie/apocalyptic type movies and most tend to disappoint. I can already predict that when World War Z gets made, it will suck big time because they will find a way to screw it up.

Courtjester said:
Frank Drebin said:
Courtjester said:
I'm guessing from this that you've never read the books? Because this series is very much about the characters.
I have not read them. They are on my next to do list after I finish the Passage.I don't have a problem with developing characters--that's great. It is just when supposed action/horror movies get bogged down in a 10-15 minute dialogue scene, it takes away from the whole theme of the movie which is ultimately zombies.

Again, I look forward to reading the books before I pass any type of judgment. I am a huge zombie/apocalyptic type movies and most tend to disappoint. I can already predict that when World War Z gets made, it will suck big time because they will find a way to screw it up.
Not going to speak for action/horror movies but zombie media is almost never about zombies.

wazoo11 said:
Romulan said:
I SOOOO CANT WAIT FOR THIS SERIES! too bad the books are not available on kindle :confused:
Get yourself an Ipad then.
Can one even read comics on the Kindle? I have been thinking about getting one now that they are cheaper but if not I will spring for the Ipad instead.

Users who are viewing this thread