What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Lori dead, Carol possibly alive. Seems strange that the characters just assumed she's dead. Feel like there was some dialogue left on the cutting room floor to better explain that.
Yeah, they don't seem to have much confidence in Carol's ability to survive. As soon as she is alone they're like "she's done." It'll be awkward when she gets back. "CAROL! YOU'RE ALIVE!""No thanks to you all.""Found your favorite headband. Put it in the "lost & found", it's under that pile of dirt with a plus sign next to it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori dead, Carol possibly alive. Seems strange that the characters just assumed she's dead. Feel like there was some dialogue left on the cutting room floor to better explain that.
Yeah, they don't seem to have much confidence in Carol's ability to survive. As soon as she is alone they're like "she's done." It'll be awkward when she gets back. "CAROL! YOU'RE ALIVE!""No thanks to you all.""Found your favorite headband. Put it in the "lost & found", it's under that pile of dirt with a plus sign next to it."
:lmao:

'bigbottom said:
I thought Lori died during childbirth, and Carl just put a bullet in her skull so she wouldn't turn.
I don't think Carl did it and she returns as a zombie. That's why her bones weren't there.

'bigbottom said:
I thought Lori died during childbirth, and Carl just put a bullet in her skull so she wouldn't turn.
I don't think Carl did it and she returns as a zombie. That's why her bones weren't there.
Let me clarify. I thought Lori died during childbirth and the purpose of Carl putting a bullet in her head (whether he did or not) was to keep her from turning. I was a bit confused about the discussion of whether or not she might still be alive because I was under the impression that we saw her die. But I guess she could have just passed out or something.

'bigbottom said:
Let me clarify. I thought Lori died during childbirth and the purpose of Carl putting a bullet in her head (whether he did or not) was to keep her from turning. I was a bit confused about the discussion of whether or not she might still be alive because I was under the impression that we saw her die. But I guess she could have just passed out or something.
She's passed out from the pain, but I think she would have already been dead by the time they got the baby out since she had lost so much blood. Either way she was going to die and had to be shot.

'Kool-Aid Larry said:
'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Is there anywhere I can start watching this series from the beginning, cheaper than buying it on DVD/iTunes/Amazon?
utorrent + peerblock + eztv.itbut it's illegalor a dozen other streaming or torrent sites, I'd imagine.maybe hulu?
Just a headsup, peerblock might block some low hanging fruit, but it wont keep your iP from being exposed in the long run. Can never know all of the IP addresses of those that are reporting violations.

Coworker thinks that the Baby holds the cure. That the unaffected chromosomes from both Lori and Rick/Shane combined to make the baby unaffected. Interesting.
Seems really predictable but they'll have to end the series someday and somehow. I don't think it will go on as long as the comic book, only soap operas seem to go longer than 8-10 years.

Then why was the zombie so fat and had dark hair sticking out of his mouth, all while being in the same room Lori was in?

LORI IS DEAD FOLKS.
I don't think so.
Not to mention the fact Lori was hemmoraging badly even before the baby was cut out. How were they to stop the bleeding? Especially during the time this all happened?
It's a show about zombies.
No, it's not... :wall:
Why is it suddenly absurd to think Lorie could have survived
You need to go back and read everything in this thread that gives proof that she is dead. If you can come up with some reasonable excuses to them, by all means do. I'll be waiting. :popcorn:
This word does not mean what you seem to think. The only "proof" we have that she is dead is some kid who is by no means an expert at killing shot her. She lost a lot of blood and had some hair pulled out/blown off. Where is the body? Suddenly zombies care about being tidy and stashed her neatly in the corner? Me thinks not. The kid shot her but it was a crappy shot. Badly wounded but alive and recovering. She'll probably show up next season banging The Governor.
I would disagree. Carl has evolved from a kid tripping in the quicksand into a lethal killing machine. He is the definition of an expert at killing.

Then why was the zombie so fat and had dark hair sticking out of his mouth, all while being in the same room Lori was in?

LORI IS DEAD FOLKS.
I don't think so.
Not to mention the fact Lori was hemmoraging badly even before the baby was cut out. How were they to stop the bleeding? Especially during the time this all happened?
It's a show about zombies.
No, it's not... :wall:
Why is it suddenly absurd to think Lorie could have survived
You need to go back and read everything in this thread that gives proof that she is dead. If you can come up with some reasonable excuses to them, by all means do. I'll be waiting. :popcorn:
This word does not mean what you seem to think. The only "proof" we have that she is dead is some kid who is by no means an expert at killing shot her. She lost a lot of blood and had some hair pulled out/blown off. Where is the body? Suddenly zombies care about being tidy and stashed her neatly in the corner? Me thinks not. The kid shot her but it was a crappy shot. Badly wounded but alive and recovering. She'll probably show up next season banging The Governor.
I would disagree. Carl has evolved from a kid tripping in the quicksand into a lethal killing machine. He is the definition of an expert at killing.
Sure, when it's some faceless video game type situation and he gets to blow away zombies. Blowing his mom's brains out before she becomes a zombie? That's a horse of a different color.

The first stage of loss is denial. It's lovely to see all the Lori faithful in here (still), but you're going to have to make peace at some point. Take some time, get some air. I know how rough this is for you all. It's never easy when everyone's least favorite character gets killed off.

It amazes me how every week they make Andria's character even worse. She was so good in the comic...

The way they tied the two groups together was great, especially with Michonne, gonna be a good episode next week.

It amazes me how every week they make Andria's character even worse. She was so good in the comic...The way they tied the two groups together was great, especially with Michonne, gonna be a good episode next week.
Yeah, the Gov and Andrea flirting :X , other than that pretty good episode

It amazes me how every week they make Andria's character even worse. She was so good in the comic...The way they tied the two groups together was great, especially with Michonne, gonna be a good episode next week.
Agreed, solid episode and looking forward to the next few weeks. Didn't need the flirting, was so uncomfortable to watch. Wasn't real fond of Merle pulling the gun on Maggie and Glen either. I know it was a means to an end, but neither of them shoots when they already have their guns drawn? Merle may be fast, but based on what had happened before, Glen should have shot first.

It amazes me how every week they make Andria's character even worse. She was so good in the comic...

The way they tied the two groups together was great, especially with Michonne, gonna be a good episode next week.
Agreed, solid episode and looking forward to the next few weeks. Didn't need the flirting, was so uncomfortable to watch. Wasn't real fond of Merle pulling the gun on Maggie and Glen either. I know it was a means to an end, but neither of them shoots when they already have their guns drawn? Merle may be fast, but based on what had happened before, Glen should have shot first.
i think that was the point. it was showing that Glen is not at the level of some of these other guys who can kill another human in cold blood. and i think we have to see some people die with the finale, and i won0der if darryl may bite it. they have taken his character far, and it seems Rick and him are going to get Glenn and Maggie. i can see something where darryl has to choose between Rick and the governor's group, and Darryl ends up sacrificing himself to help Rick's group out. i know they played that card already with T-dogg, but it seems like a natural progression for him

i think that was the point. it was showing that Glen is not at the level of some of these other guys who can kill another human in cold blood. and i think we have to see some people die with the finale, and i won0der if darryl may bite it. they have taken his character far, and it seems Rick and him are going to get Glenn and Maggie. i can see something where darryl has to choose between Rick and the governor's group, and Darryl ends up sacrificing himself to help Rick's group out. i know they played that card already with T-dogg, but it seems like a natural progression for him
I agree, Glenn isn't to the point where killing a living person is easy. Add to that it's someone he knows and even though he's a jerk, he got a raw deal from your group being left on the roof. Then there's him being the brother of Daryl who Glenn does care about.

Ok this is getting really old, but can we have less of Amanda discussing her staying or leaving.

I swear the last 3 episodes have spent like 1/2 their time talking about it, while an event like what happened in the CDC building (especially the scientist) was never discussed ad nauseum like this was.

:excited: Helluva way to kick off an episode. :popcorn:
Is it on right now?
Yes, but I'm not in the US.Unreal episode. :jawdrop: after :jawdrop:
What parts were jawdrop? I thought it was a pretty bleh episode. Not digging Michonne at all. Possibly worse than younger Carl as a wooden actor. Couldn't even decide which leg to limp with. Supposed badass with a blade gets beat in a knife fight with a dude with a bayonet on his stump? Same guy beats two people already drawn on him and ready to fire? A lot of "just buy what we're shoveling you" crap tonight. Best parts were Rick alone with the phone. Very well done how his resolve to move on turned the other end to static. Then he was amazingly clean...Would've pronounced this series best of all time if Daryl leapt into the cell and stabbed still-living Carol (who everyone and their mother knew was in there) in the face. Accidents still happen in zombocalypse. Two meh epsiodes in a row for me. Sucking us back into the familiar awesome-buncha crap-awesome routine making us still want to watch it despite being fed up with the entire middle. Oh, and bow-teacher? Shot that thing like a 10 year old Ralphie playing with his BB gun. I had a little plastic one when I was a kid, she looked a lot like a toddler whose never shot one before.

i think that was the point. it was showing that Glen is not at the level of some of these other guys who can kill another human in cold blood.

and i think we have to see some people die with the finale, and i won0der if darryl may bite it. they have taken his character far, and it seems Rick and him are going to get Glenn and Maggie. i can see something where darryl has to choose between Rick and the governor's group, and Darryl ends up sacrificing himself to help Rick's group out. i know they played that card already with T-dogg, but it seems like a natural progression for him
No, he had very good reasons to not trust Merle and it wasn't in cold blood. But even still, his darling wifey can be just as cold blooded as necessary, knew that Glenn thought he was a threat and probably knew a little about him from storytime. No way she doesn't fire on him at the first hint of a threat. Hopefully they have more in store for Daryl. He's long been creeping up as the pragmatist with a conscience. He'll save the group no doubt, but my guess is by either killing his brother or leaving him to the zombies. Just like in the comics.

Oh, and bow-teacher? Shot that thing like a 10 year old Ralphie playing with his BB gun. I had a little plastic one when I was a kid, she looked a lot like a toddler whose never shot one before.
Girl could have been lying about her skills or doesn't have a realistic idea of what her skill is with a bow. Maybe they are setting something up where Andrea gets annoyed that she can't patrol the wall when she has better skills than most of those that are. Looked like the arrows she shot had no tips and were frayed. If that's the case they need to learn how to make arrows.

Oh, and bow-teacher? Shot that thing like a 10 year old Ralphie playing with his BB gun. I had a little plastic one when I was a kid, she looked a lot like a toddler whose never shot one before.
Girl could have been lying about her skills or doesn't have a realistic idea of what her skill is with a bow. Maybe they are setting something up where Andrea gets annoyed that she can't patrol the wall when she has better skills than most of those that are. Looked like the arrows she shot had no tips and were frayed. If that's the case they need to learn how to make arrows.
She could've, but I can't see the Gov having her on the wall if she was as bad as she looked. The whole thing was contrived to show how badass Andrea thinks she is. Terrible writing for that whole scene.

:excited: Helluva way to kick off an episode. :popcorn:
Is it on right now?
Yes, but I'm not in the US.Unreal episode. :jawdrop: after :jawdrop:
What parts were jawdrop? I thought it was a pretty bleh episode. Not digging Michonne at all. Possibly worse than younger Carl as a wooden actor. Couldn't even decide which leg to limp with. Supposed badass with a blade gets beat in a knife fight with a dude with a bayonet on his stump? Same guy beats two people already drawn on him and ready to fire? A lot of "just buy what we're shoveling you" crap tonight. Best parts were Rick alone with the phone. Very well done how his resolve to move on turned the other end to static. Then he was amazingly clean...Would've pronounced this series best of all time if Daryl leapt into the cell and stabbed still-living Carol (who everyone and their mother knew was in there) in the face. Accidents still happen in zombocalypse. Two meh epsiodes in a row for me. Sucking us back into the familiar awesome-buncha crap-awesome routine making us still want to watch it despite being fed up with the entire middle. Oh, and bow-teacher? Shot that thing like a 10 year old Ralphie playing with his BB gun. I had a little plastic one when I was a kid, she looked a lot like a toddler whose never shot one before.
although you I've always thought of you as one of the top 20 worst posters in the history of the FFA, I agree with just about everything here, except liking the Rick on the phone drivel...oh, Rick's losing his ####... :cry:

i think that was the point. it was showing that Glen is not at the level of some of these other guys who can kill another human in cold blood.

and i think we have to see some people die with the finale, and i won0der if darryl may bite it. they have taken his character far, and it seems Rick and him are going to get Glenn and Maggie. i can see something where darryl has to choose between Rick and the governor's group, and Darryl ends up sacrificing himself to help Rick's group out. i know they played that card already with T-dogg, but it seems like a natural progression for him
No, he had very good reasons to not trust Merle and it wasn't in cold blood. But even still, his darling wifey can be just as cold blooded as necessary, knew that Glenn thought he was a threat and probably knew a little about him from storytime. No way she doesn't fire on him at the first hint of a threat. Hopefully they have more in store for Daryl. He's long been creeping up as the pragmatist with a conscience. He'll save the group no doubt, but my guess is by either killing his brother or leaving him to the zombies. Just like in the comics.
Not cool. :thumbdown:

For those who were totally sober while watching last night's episode, did they explain how Michonne managed to find the prison? Or why Merle showed up at the grocery store a few minutes after saying he was going back to Woodbury? It seemed like the writers were lazier than usual last night, but maybe I wasn't paying attention very well.

Just cut all the rest of it and show Maggie walking around sweaty and killing zombies, please. :wub:

Seemed like a pretty *meh* episode; almost like "we need to get from here to there, and this episode is the road to set stuff up"

Don't open unless you've read the comics:

Yes, Daryl dies in the season finale while saving Rick's group. I found spoilers online.

VERY :goodposting: on both points.When Andrea and the Gov went to his room and started yapping, I switched to the game and Amazing Race and kept checking back until the scene was over.. Loved the way Microne found out that if you stink like one, they leave you alone.. and Ricks :shock: look seeing her standing next to the Zombies was great. :thumbup:

For those who were totally sober while watching last night's episode, did they explain how Michonne managed to find the prison? Or why Merle showed up at the grocery store a few minutes after saying he was going back to Woodbury? It seemed like the writers were lazier than usual last night, but maybe I wasn't paying attention very well.
She over heard the two talking how they were close to the prison and the rest of the group.. so she knew where they were and that they were close..I do agree on the Merle part.. Made no sense that he was going to head back and then just wanders into town.. the direction he just told the kid he wasn't going to go.. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread