What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

It amazes me how every week they make Andria's character even worse. She was so good in the comic...

The way they tied the two groups together was great, especially with Michonne, gonna be a good episode next week.
Yeah, the Gov and Andrea flirting :X , other than that pretty good episode
Agreed, solid episode and looking forward to the next few weeks. Didn't need the flirting, was so uncomfortable to watch. Wasn't real fond of Merle pulling the gun on Maggie and Glen either. I know it was a means to an end, but neither of them shoots when they already have their guns drawn? Merle may be fast, but based on what had happened before, Glen should have shot first.
i think that was the point. it was showing that Glen is not at the level of some of these other guys who can kill another human in cold blood. and i think we have to see some people die with the finale, and i won0der if darryl may bite it. they have taken his character far, and it seems Rick and him are going to get Glenn and Maggie. i can see something where darryl has to choose between Rick and the governor's group, and Darryl ends up sacrificing himself to help Rick's group out. i know they played that card already with T-dogg, but it seems like a natural progression for him
Hush yo mouth!

I don't think it was mentioned here, but the governor was upset when Merle didn't return with Michonne's head/sword -- the aquarium with heads is clearly his "trophy case".

It amazes me how every week they make Andria's character even worse. She was so good in the comic...

The way they tied the two groups together was great, especially with Michonne, gonna be a good episode next week.
Yeah, the Gov and Andrea flirting :X , other than that pretty good episode
Agreed, solid episode and looking forward to the next few weeks. Didn't need the flirting, was so uncomfortable to watch. Wasn't real fond of Merle pulling the gun on Maggie and Glen either. I know it was a means to an end, but neither of them shoots when they already have their guns drawn? Merle may be fast, but based on what had happened before, Glen should have shot first.
i think that was the point. it was showing that Glen is not at the level of some of these other guys who can kill another human in cold blood. and i think we have to see some people die with the finale, and i won0der if darryl may bite it. they have taken his character far, and it seems Rick and him are going to get Glenn and Maggie. i can see something where darryl has to choose between Rick and the governor's group, and Darryl ends up sacrificing himself to help Rick's group out. i know they played that card already with T-dogg, but it seems like a natural progression for him
I agree, Glenn isn't to the point where killing a living person is easy. Add to that it's someone he knows and even though he's a jerk, he got a raw deal from your group being left on the roof. Then there's him being the brother of Daryl who Glenn does care about.
I didn't blame him. Even though it's Merle, he's still the brother of a member of the group.

Oh, and bow-teacher? Shot that thing like a 10 year old Ralphie playing with his BB gun. I had a little plastic one when I was a kid, she looked a lot like a toddler whose never shot one before.
Yes, but she was quite attractive so I let that one slide.

Don't open unless you've read the comics:

Yes, Daryl dies in the season finale while saving Rick's group. I found spoilers online.
Um, I don't think Merl and Daryl are characters in the comics at all. Maybe you should just say don't open unless you're okay with spoilers?
:goodposting: they aren't. at least not through issue #103That was a ####ed up thing to post if true.

Not sure if this was mentioned but I thought it was very cool that the voices Rick was talking to on the phone were many of the cast members who have been killed. Not just Lori, but Amy, Jim and Jacqui. Andrew Lincoln said on "The Talking Dead" that all of the actors who played those characters actually called him on phones for the scenes so he was directly talking to them. Very cool.
No T-Dog. :lmao:

Not sure if this was mentioned but I thought it was very cool that the voices Rick was talking to on the phone were many of the cast members who have been killed. Not just Lori, but Amy, Jim and Jacqui. Andrew Lincoln said on "The Talking Dead" that all of the actors who played those characters actually called him on phones for the scenes so he was directly talking to them. Very cool.
No Shane or Dale either. Can't have everyone calling him. Dead don't want to run up the phone bill.

For those who were totally sober while watching last night's episode, did they explain how Michonne managed to find the prison? Or why Merle showed up at the grocery store a few minutes after saying he was going back to Woodbury? It seemed like the writers were lazier than usual last night, but maybe I wasn't paying attention very well.
They went out of their way to have Glenn and Maggie discuss how the prison was just up the road. Michonne saw them arrive, so she knew which direction to head.Merle was looking for a car to drive to Woodbury.
Maggie mentioned something about walkers along the fences so there were clues. Rick must have really good eyesight, because he was a good distance away when he seemed to notice Michonne. I suppose they'd say either the red from the basket or the silhouette of a human shape carrying something got his attention.
Zombies don't walk like humans so she probably stood out.

So does Michonne dislike all people, or just the Woodbury people?
I don't think she hated anyone except the Gov and maybe Bill Nye. She doesn't automatically trust anyone and had to spend the entire time their with her sword stolen so she wasn't exactly in a cheerful mood.

So does Michonne dislike all people, or just the Woodbury people?
I think she likes people, just cautious. But something about Woodbury didn't feel right and she wanted to get out ASAP. If she didn't like people she wouldn't have bothered to find the people at the prison. Sure she's hurt but it doesn't seem bad enough that she couldn't take care of it herself. Unless the bullet is still in her leg. I thought it just skimmed her. I see Michonne as a modern day Lancelot or the lone gunman characters Clint Eastwood used to play.
:goodposting:

Even in death T-Dog doesn't have any lines.

For those who were totally sober while watching last night's episode, did they explain how Michonne managed to find the prison? Or why Merle showed up at the grocery store a few minutes after saying he was going back to Woodbury? It seemed like the writers were lazier than usual last night, but maybe I wasn't paying attention very well.
They went out of their way to have Glenn and Maggie discuss how the prison was just up the road. Michonne saw them arrive, so she knew which direction to head.Merle was looking for a car to drive to Woodbury.
Maggie mentioned something about walkers along the fences so there were clues. Rick must have really good eyesight, because he was a good distance away when he seemed to notice Michonne. I suppose they'd say either the red from the basket or the silhouette of a human shape carrying something got his attention.
Besides, Rick used this same trick in Atlanta in Season 1. Seeing a human bean at all was probably more startling than seeing one ignored by the zekes.

No Shane or Dale either. Can't have everyone calling him. Dead don't want to run up the phone bill.
They need a family plan.

I don't think it was mentioned here, but the governor was upset when Merle didn't return with Michonne's head/sword -- the aquarium with heads is clearly his "trophy case".
I took it as an evil ruler's typical "bring me her head" type of order. He wanted proof. Like how the Huntsman was supposed to return with Snow White's heart.

Most of the whining and complaining in the universe is contained within this thread.
And yet you're whining and complaining about it.
I dont complain or nitpick shows I religiously watch, which is what a lot of people do in here. Why some people still watch is beyond me.
It's not possible to watch and enjoy a show yet still find fault with it?
In before...
"It's a show about zombies."

Most of the whining and complaining in the universe is contained within this thread.
I dont complain or nitpick shows I religiously watch, which is what a lot of people do in here. Why some people still watch is beyond me.
In before...
"It's a show about zombies."
:goodposting:

To the level of dooshbaggery in this thread? No.

Besides, Rick used this same trick in Atlanta in Season 1. Seeing a human bean at all was probably more startling than seeing one ignored by the zekes.
Zombies I can buy.. but yea, this would freak me the fark out. :goodposting:

You mean to say that this thread is ruining your viewing experience?

My link

You mean to say that this thread is ruining your viewing experience?
No I'm saying this thread doesn't add to the experience like a show discussion thread should. That's okay though, I dont need to click on it.

My link
Yip, I knew it. Right up there with "stubby fingers" on my most creepy list. :thumbdown:

'packersfan said:
'cstu said:
'packersfan said:
No Shane or Dale either.
Dale would have just been all indignant about something, anyway.

'packersfan said:
'cstu said:
'packersfan said:
No Shane or Dale either.
Dale would have just been all indignant about something, anyway.
"This world, what it is now, this is where you belong. And I may not have had what it takes to last for long, but that's okay. 'Cause at least I can say when the world goes to ####, I didn't let it take me down with it. By the way, we've got chupacabras here."

I'm taking bets on Lori being alive - 10:1 odds. Who wants to back up their talk?
I'm in. $1-100. You pick.
:coffee:
You wouldn't even back up your "backin up talk" talk. Weak.
Wait, you thought I thought Lori was alive? I was paying 10:1 if someone believed she was alive.
Sounds like you were betting on Lori being alive from the way you wrote it.

Yes, Daryl dies in the season finale while saving Rick's group. I found spoilers online.
Um, I don't think Merl and Daryl are characters in the comics at all. Maybe you should just say don't open unless you're okay with spoilers?

Spoiler, while a spoiler, has nothing to do with the comics.Yes, that was in really poor taste to label that spoiler as a "comic" spoiler, as it had absolutely nothing to do with the comics. I don't mind the spoiler being posted, but the post should be edited to say it is spoiler, period, with no connection to the comics, as there are many comic book readers like myself that still don't want the TV show spoiled.

Spoiler, while a spoiler, has nothing to do with the comics.Yes, that was in really poor taste to label that spoiler as a "comic" spoiler, as it had absolutely nothing to do with the comics. I don't mind the spoiler being posted, but the post should be edited to say it is spoiler, period, with no connection to the comics, as there are many comic book readers like myself that still don't want the TV show spoiled.I clicked on it reading the comics, yep, that sucked.

Did we really need to see slimy Phil pork Andrea? I want to see Hershel bludgeon that smug tard with his zombie leg.

Users who are viewing this thread