What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Question about Michonne...has she not put 2 and 2 together that this is Andrea's group? I don't understand how she could have spent so much time with Andrea and not learned about these people.
And I was wondering why she didn't bother to tell them about Merle, since he made it abundantly clear that he knew Glenn.
Really terrible writing lately.
Lately?
lolz

'Maurile Tremblay said:
"I'm going to call the cops"? That was horrible.
Every part of that was poorly written. Has this guy slept through the entire apocalypse?!
For what it's worth Kirkman said the point of the dialogue was to show how unhinged and out of touch with reality the guy was.
This really needs to be explained?
:goodposting: I thought this week was a great lead up to next week. Merle interrogating Glen and then letting a zombie on him while he is duct taped to a chair, Maggie shirtless with creepy guy on him, Rick tossing out a dead/nearly dead hobo to get away from a herd and people didn't enjoy it and worry about silly stuff? I enjoyed some of the tidbits in the thread I didn't get (like Merle's chinese food joke), but man it is hard to keep reading this thread. I'm looking forward to next week already.

'Maurile Tremblay said:
Every part of that was poorly written. Has this guy slept through the entire apocalypse?!
For what it's worth Kirkman said the point of the dialogue was to show how unhinged and out of touch with reality the guy was.
This really needs to be explained?
In this thread? Yes.
Aren't you the one questioning the use of "farmer's daughter"?

Question about Michonne...has she not put 2 and 2 together that this is Andrea's group? I don't understand how she could have spent so much time with Andrea and not learned about these people.
And I was wondering why she didn't bother to tell them about Merle, since he made it abundantly clear that he knew Glenn.
It's not always the case that the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Could be just another enemy.
She's going with them to attack the guarded and armed compound. Pretty sure full disclosure on this point would be advised no matter your strategic perspective.
On Talking Dead they claimed she knew about them but wanted to save the information for later. I don't know what holding that back does for except earn the distrust of the group.

I happened to watch Love, Actually this weekend, and I can't imagine two more different characters than the role Andrew Lincoln plays in Love, Actually and Rick Grimes. To his credit, it is almost like two different actors are playing those roles.
Me too. Are you my friend Edna from the Philipines? :unsure:

'Maurile Tremblay said:
Not as bad as Michonne saying, "I didn't ask for your help," after she sought the prison out and passed out on the cell floor. 1. Jar-Jar Bings2. Michonne3. ?

I thought this week was a great lead up to next week. Merle interrogating Glen and then letting a zombie on him while he is duct taped to a chair, Maggie shirtless with creepy guy on him, Rick tossing out a dead/nearly dead hobo to get away from a herd and people didn't enjoy it and worry about silly stuff? I enjoyed some of the tidbits in the thread I didn't get (like Merle's chinese food joke), but man it is hard to keep reading this thread. I'm looking forward to next week already.
Me too, but then I see the long wait for the second part of the season series is going to be difficult.

Really terrible writing lately.
I disagree. Michonne isn't giving up more information than she has to. I thought the "Community" lady and some guy I've never heard of made good points about this on "The Talking Dead." Michonne realizes that information is power so it's in her best interests to only divulge what she absolutely has to. She's playing everything close to the vest until she learns more about this group. Makes perfect sense to me.

LOVED the music at the end. Thunderous pulsating beat just amped up the tension even more.
It was awesome. Reminded me of a John Carpenter score.
Cranked up the sub and re-watched the ending again. The music made it the perfect build-up to next week's episode. I was pumped.
They have inserted some good music at certain times throughout the series. Always has been received very well. Hope they keep doing it. It really does add alot. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
From Glenn getting dropped into a well as bait for a bloated walker last season to Glenn giving a zombie a shiv in the side of the head after getting duct taped to a chair.

Scoreboard.

:goodposting: Maybe eating wolf is equivalent to taking LSD and he thought he imagined everything.. hard to say as I've never had Wolf before. :unsure:
Thought that was a dog with a collar? :confused: Anyhoo, it was obvious that the guy was bat#### crazy. To me the only point of that scene was to show that Rick has now placed survival above old moral considerations, as exhibited by chucking the wounded but alive crazy guy out the door as a Zombie snack.
Ummm.. :mellow: didn't Michone shove a knife into the back of his head as he ran for the door?
no
Michonne put her sword through his chest from behind. I don't think he was recovering from that.
"It's just a flesh wound!"

I hear ya.

My only complaint about the episode was the Michonne/Rick scenes when they brought her inside. Obviously the chick brought a basket of baby food for a reason. She's been shot, and is giving you info on your friends, yet Rick's reaction is to grab her wound to try to force more out of her? I get that Rick has sort of gone off the deep end, but that encounter just seemed forced to me. Michonne's wooden acting didn't help.

I'm excited to see where they leave things off in the mid season finale though.
I really can't stand this actress. She's turned this character into something I dread seeing on screen because of her constant "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?!" expression. Similar to that girl who played "Precious"...just this ugly scrunch face, sour lemon, smelled a fart look that detracts every single time she's on screen.There were a number of moments in this episode that had me wondering what?! Rick's use of force there was so dumb and misplaced. Hermit wanting to call the cops or run out to the zombies. Glenn calling her the farmers daughter. This doc not realizing this zombie will bite him. We've got a new person on the scene with Michonne...screw that noise Rick...there's something over here you gotta see. I'm sure Carols old ### can't wait a moment...damn.

Just an odd hodgepodge of things that made no sense.
:goodposting: carol doesnt bring anything to the show.. who cares other than daryl that shes back.. we didnt even send out a search party for her in the dungeon so they obv dont give a f

Dear Maggie,

If you are going to roll over and give them all the information perhaps you could do it before Merle beats me to a pulp and tries to feed me to a walker?

Glen

just watched the episode tonight

what was up with the guy in the cabin with the shotgun

:lmao:

READ AT YOUR RISK. HEAVY SPOILERS

Lots of screaming in the woods. Tyreese and friends fight through walkers in the forest. One of their group is bitten. They stumble across the prison and debate whether to leave their injured comrade behind. Tyrese decides that they will bring her with them for now, and they climb over a broken-down section of the fence.

Andrea and The Governor share some more sweet-talk. Gov pays a visit to Penny and sings her a lullaby. He gets angry with her when she won't make eye contact and sends her back into her closet without dinner. Glenn rips the bones out of the walker he fought off last episode and hands one to Maggie. Makeshift weaponry. Meanwhile, Rick's rescue party surveys the Woodbury wall and opts to sneak in around the side. Merle and The Governor plot the decimation of the prison faction and plan to let walkers reclaim the place to cover their tracks. Merle is concerned about Daryl and The Gov agrees to make a play for Daryl to be their inside man. Glenn and Maggie are to be disposed of tonight. Rick's group searches the room where Michonne was originally questioned. A Woodbury citizen catches them but is soon neutralized non-lethally. Comic relief moment as Axle hits on Beth, then hits on Carol when he discovers that she's not a lesbian.

Maggie and Glenn fight off Merle and his lackey. Maggie stabs the lackey in the neck with the zombie bone. Reinforcements arrive and get the better of Maggie and Glenn, who are led off with bags over their heads. The gunfire from the brief scuffle attracts Rick and crew, who ambush the execution squad with flash and smoke grenades and grab their friends. Commotion is spreading through town at this point and The Governor is alerted. Michonne sneaks off amid the chaos, heads straight for the The Governor's apartment, and awaits his return with sword drawn. Andrea refuses to be marginalized as the gunfight spills into the streets, and she fires at "the terrorists". Smoke grenades block her vision and she only gets a glimpse of Oscar, in prison uniform.

Daryl lays cover fire as the others escape. A random Woodbury citizen shoots and kills Oscar (to make room for Tyreese). Rick hallucinates that the killer is Shane and guns him down. Maggie puts another round in Oscar to prevent him from reanimating, and the group escapes without Daryl and Michonne. Meanwhile, Carl is running things at the prison. Beth, Herschel and Carl hear screams coming from somewhere in the prison, and Carl goes alone to investigate. This leads him into an unsecured part of the prison where Tyrese and friends are not doing too well. Carl leads them back to safety. Michonne hears Penny thumping around and discovers The Governor's secret room.

The Governor comes home and begs Michonne not to hurt Penny, but Michonne shows no mercy and stabs Penny through the head. A brutal fight ensues. The fish tanks wind up crashing down on the floor. Gov tries to pin Michonne's arm down in front of one of the newly liberated zombie heads, chomping away. Michonne reaches for her sword but it's just out of grasp, so she opts for a shard of glass instead, and stabs The Governor right in the eye. She's about to finish the job when Andrea arrives with gun drawn. The two circle each other and Andrea lets Michnone walk away while she tends to Gov and surveys the room.

The injured member of Tyreese's group is revealed to be Donna. She doesn't make it. Carl maneuvers out of the room and locks up Tyreese's group for the safety of his own. No mingling for now. Michonne reunites with Rick. Rick isn't happy about her disappearance, but they will continue working together. The Governor makes his mid-season finale speech at the Woodbury zombie arena. He names Merle a traitor and has his men drag Daryl out into the circle, captured and bound. The town chants for the brothers to be put to death.

Lots of screaming in the woods. Tyreese and friends fight through walkers in the forest. One of their group is bitten. They stumble across the prison and debate whether to leave their injured comrade behind. Tyrese decides that they will bring her with them for now, and they climb over a broken-down section of the fence.

Andrea and The Governor share some more sweet-talk. Gov pays a visit to Penny and sings her a lullaby. He gets angry with her when she won't make eye contact and sends her back into her closet without dinner. Glenn rips the bones out of the walker he fought off last episode and hands one to Maggie. Makeshift weaponry. Meanwhile, Rick's rescue party surveys the Woodbury wall and opts to sneak in around the side. Merle and The Governor plot the decimation of the prison faction and plan to let walkers reclaim the place to cover their tracks. Merle is concerned about Daryl and The Gov agrees to make a play for Daryl to be their inside man. Glenn and Maggie are to be disposed of tonight. Rick's group searches the room where Michonne was originally questioned. A Woodbury citizen catches them but is soon neutralized non-lethally. Comic relief moment as Axle hits on Beth, then hits on Carol when he discovers that she's not a lesbian.

Maggie and Glenn fight off Merle and his lackey. Maggie stabs the lackey in the neck with the zombie bone. Reinforcements arrive and get the better of Maggie and Glenn, who are led off with bags over their heads. The gunfire from the brief scuffle attracts Rick and crew, who ambush the execution squad with flash and smoke grenades and grab their friends. Commotion is spreading through town at this point and The Governor is alerted. Michonne sneaks off amid the chaos, heads straight for the The Governor's apartment, and awaits his return with sword drawn. Andrea refuses to be marginalized as the gunfight spills into the streets, and she fires at "the terrorists". Smoke grenades block her vision and she only gets a glimpse of Oscar, in prison uniform.

Daryl lays cover fire as the others escape. A random Woodbury citizen shoots and kills Oscar (to make room for Tyreese). Rick hallucinates that the killer is Shane and guns him down. Maggie puts another round in Oscar to prevent him from reanimating, and the group escapes without Daryl and Michonne. Meanwhile, Carl is running things at the prison. Beth, Herschel and Carl hear screams coming from somewhere in the prison, and Carl goes alone to investigate. This leads him into an unsecured part of the prison where Tyrese and friends are not doing too well. Carl leads them back to safety. Michonne hears Penny thumping around and discovers The Governor's secret room.

The Governor comes home and begs Michonne not to hurt Penny, but Michonne shows no mercy and stabs Penny through the head. A brutal fight ensues. The fish tanks wind up crashing down on the floor. Gov tries to pin Michonne's arm down in front of one of the newly liberated zombie heads, chomping away. Michonne reaches for her sword but it's just out of grasp, so she opts for a shard of glass instead, and stabs The Governor right in the eye. She's about to finish the job when Andrea arrives with gun drawn. The two circle each other and Andrea lets Michnone walk away while she tends to Gov and surveys the room.

The injured member of Tyreese's group is revealed to be Donna. She doesn't make it. Carl maneuvers out of the room and locks up Tyreese's group for the safety of his own. No mingling for now. Michonne reunites with Rick. Rick isn't happy about her disappearance, but they will continue working together. The Governor makes his mid-season finale speech at the Woodbury zombie arena. He names Merle a traitor and has his men drag Daryl out into the circle, captured and bound. The town chants for the brothers to be put to death.
Gawdammit! I hit reply to ask if they'd still be spoilers after the midseason finale and I accidentally saw too much of the last sentence!!!! So, uh, are they just spoilers for this episode or for the rest of the season as well?

Gawdammit! I hit reply to ask if they'd still be spoilers after the midseason finale and I accidentally saw too much of the last sentence!!!! So, uh, are they just spoilers for this episode or for the rest of the season as well?

Just the episode.

'VA703 said:
carol doesnt bring anything to the show...
I think her inevitable real death will have an impact on the survivors more than most others have. I have no idea obviously, but I don't suspect them to stray further than they already have from the comic when it comes to carol, it would make for great television, imo.Tyreese and Daryl together is gonna be interesting.

'Usual21 said:
'mad sweeney said:
'Usual21 said:

Just the episode.Thanks, I'll read it after Merle announces he has the cure Sunday night.

'VA703 said:
I think her inevitable real death will have an impact on the survivors more than most others have. I have no idea obviously, but I don't suspect them to stray further than they already have from the comic when it comes to carol, it would make for great television, imo.Tyreese and Daryl together is gonna be interesting.
####IN STOP!

'VA703 said:
####IN STOP!
Stop what?Do you not understand yet that none of the characters are gonna live forever? Not Rick, not Carl, no one.

Users who are viewing this thread