Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

How this POS pulls those numbers and a show like Rubicon or Terriers goes by the wayside is beyond me.

it's popular with the teenage demographic.
Along with those in their 20's, 30's, and 40's, according to the article.
Against Sunday Night football on a network apparently not available in HD in a large number of homes...
You lost me as to what you are trying to convey.
I am a male 18-49 who watches Sunday Night Football every week and does not watch anything in SD.

Walking Dead is the "Biggest Series in Cable History Among Adults 18-49" and it is not even in an advantageous day/time/network.

The huge numbers are not representative of the potential audience.

• Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• packersfan

• snogger

• cstu

• El Floppo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, t

My Negan costume got a lot of love (and hate) at Halloween parties over the weekend. 

All the leaders standing out in the open.   I kept waiting for Carl and Rick to have a Dr. Evil and Scott exchange from Austin Powers.  "Dad, why not just pop him.. one shot, bam!  I'll do it myself..

I am a male 18-49 who watches Sunday Night Football every week and does not watch anything in SD.

Walking Dead is the "Biggest Series in Cable History Among Adults 18-49" and it is not even in an advantageous day/time/network.

Wow.

Do you have a link to back you up?

How this POS pulls those numbers and a show like Rubicon or Terriers goes by the wayside is beyond me.

Against Sunday Night football on a network apparently not available in HD in a large number of homes...
It SUCKS not being able to watch this in HD

The writing is just as bad in HD.

The writing is just as bad in HD.
Yeah, but at least it would look better.
Not much. The budget for special effects and makeup apparently isn't all that big, so in HD it actually looks a little cheesier. Imagine a close-up of Andrea Kremer in HD. You're better off with it slightly blurry.

TWC carries the show in HD and it looks great. I wasn't thrilled with the props (hands/ various body parts they used to disguise themselves in one episode) but the zombies themselves have all looked very good in HD, and the explosion from the finale was also brilliant.

Wow.

Do you have a link to back you up?

A link to that I am a male or that I am 18-49 or that I don't watch anything in SD or that AMC is in less houses in HD than other channels or that it's target demographic is also SNF target demo or that it is the "Biggest Series in Cable History Among Adults 18-49"? Edited by TeamDingo

Just finished the season finale. Oof. Just when I thought this show had maybe turned a corner, it fell back into the stupid pit. I can't believe how idiotic that episode was. Yes, I know they have to come up with some way to get them out of the CDC at some point, but that was just terrible.

I'll re-up for next season because I like zombie stuff and because I feel like this show has the potential to turn the corner, but at this point it's kind of reminding me of JP Losman. A few highlights here and there, but way too many dumb, back-breaking mistakes, and in the end we're talking UFL material.

Just finished the season finale. Oof. Just when I thought this show had maybe turned a corner, it fell back into the stupid pit. I can't believe how idiotic that episode was. Yes, I know they have to come up with some way to get them out of the CDC at some point, but that was just terrible.

I'll re-up for next season because I like zombie stuff and because I feel like this show has the potential to turn the corner, but at this point it's kind of reminding me of JP Losman. A few highlights here and there, but way too many dumb, back-breaking mistakes, and in the end we're talking UFL material.

:shrug:

So the old man is racist. The black woman decides to stay back and he doesn't say anything. Blondie decides to stay and he has this emotional breakdown and refuses to leave unless she does. Pathetic.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Not sure why I decided to look at this specific spoiler because I hate them, but OH BULL####!

Just finished the season finale. Oof. Just when I thought this show had maybe turned a corner, it fell back into the stupid pit. I can't believe how idiotic that episode was. Yes, I know they have to come up with some way to get them out of the CDC at some point, but that was just terrible.I'll re-up for next season because I like zombie stuff and because I feel like this show has the potential to turn the corner, but at this point it's kind of reminding me of JP Losman. A few highlights here and there, but way too many dumb, back-breaking mistakes, and in the end we're talking UFL material.

Agreed, I liked the 5th episode and finally it had me wanting me with the end of the 5th episode, but the season finale was a dud

:penalty: I enjoyed the first season thoroughly. Yes, the writing and acting were lacking at times - specifically in the finale, which sticks in my head, Lori with the "Test Subject 19 was YOUR WIFE" made me cringe.

It's not the best show on TV, or on AMC for that matter, but I think it's a nice little ridiculous escape from reality. Who cares that they were just magically outside the blast radius of the CDC blowing up, or that the abused wife-woman found the grenade in the backpack at the last second....of course it's ridiculous...it's a show about freakin zombies.

I don't watch a ton of TV shows, though, and I didn't read the comics/"graphic novels". Just my thoughts.

:ptts: I enjoyed the first season thoroughly. Yes, the writing and acting were lacking at times - specifically in the finale, which sticks in my head, Lori with the "Test Subject 19 was YOUR WIFE" made me cringe.

It's not the best show on TV, or on AMC for that matter, but I think it's a nice little ridiculous escape from reality. Who cares that they were just magically outside the blast radius of the CDC blowing up, or that the abused wife-woman found the grenade in the backpack at the last second....of course it's ridiculous...it's a show about freakin zombies.

I don't watch a ton of TV shows, though, and I didn't read the comics/"graphic novels". Just my thoughts.

I think it's just too easy to say this. A lot of people had hope that this could be a well written show AND be about freakin' zombies. There were expectations with this being on AMC - with all the awards they are piling up with the other shows people (me included) thought the writing would be decent or at least have some originality to it. Didn't happen.

I'll probably continue to watch it, but more in the vein of watching a crappy horror movie - at this point it's just to laugh at how cheesy it is.

:kicksrock: I enjoyed the first season thoroughly. Yes, the writing and acting were lacking at times - specifically in the finale, which sticks in my head, Lori with the "Test Subject 19 was YOUR WIFE" made me cringe.

I think it's just too easy to say this. A lot of people had hope that this could be a well written show AND be about freakin' zombies. There were expectations with this being on AMC - with all the awards they are piling up with the other shows people (me included) thought the writing would be decent or at least have some originality to it. Didn't happen.

I'll probably continue to watch it, but more in the vein of watching a crappy horror movie - at this point it's just to laugh at how cheesy it is.

It might be too easy for you to say that, but I apparently didn't have the lofty expectations of the show coming in that most of you had. I know AMC has had some recent hits, but I'm neither a horror movie fan (or a movie fan in general, I've seen 2 movies made in the last 3 years total) nor a comic book fan. I don't watch shows for the production values or for the Academy Award-caliber acting or for the screenwriting...I watch shows to be entertained. The Walking Dead has had enough thrill aspects to keep me wondering what happens next and enough character development to make me want to learn more about the main characters. Edited by Steve Tasker

So the old man is racist. The black woman decides to stay back and he doesn't say anything. Blondie decides to stay and he has this emotional breakdown and refuses to leave unless she does. Pathetic.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Not sure why I decided to look at this specific spoiler because I hate them, but OH BULL####!FWIW, they set it up that he wouldn't want to leave without her when he told told her "you and your sister were the only people I've cared about since my wife died" after the zombie got her sis.

There's plenty of stuff to nitpick besides this.

Edited by cstu

:shrug: I enjoyed the first season thoroughly. Yes, the writing and acting were lacking at times - specifically in the finale, which sticks in my head, Lori with the "Test Subject 19 was YOUR WIFE" made me cringe.

I didn't expect anything magical. I expected zombies. Where the eff have my zombies been? Good grief, I can overlook the absurd plot lines and crappy characters if they had more zombies.

It's a show about zombies...but it seems the zombies only make cameo appearances.

It might be too easy for you to say that, but I apparently didn't have the lofty expectations of the show coming in that most of you had. I know AMC has had some recent hits, but I'm neither a horror movie fan (or a movie fan in general, I've seen 2 movies made in the last 3 years total) nor a comic book fan. I don't watch shows for the production values or for the Academy Award-caliber acting or for the screenwriting...I watch shows to be entertained. The Walking Dead has had enough thrill aspects to keep me wondering what happens next and enough character development to make me want to learn more about the main characters.

This is the only AMC show I watch, and I've been entertained. The only other show I make a point to watch is Fringe. Maybe some of you TV snobs are expecting something stellar, I wasn't.To-MAY-to...to-mah-to. :thumbup:

Yeah, it's a schlocky tv show with mediocre writing and acting. But if they just let this group wander the country for a couple of years, following rumors and looking for a safe haven, having adventures with zombies, adding some semi-interesting people here and there, I'll be sufficiently entertained.

");document.close();

I am hopeful that with a whole season to work with things will improve. I like the show and I am a big fan of the comics but I admit it needs some help. I would probably like it more if I didn't follow the comics.

I pretty much agree completely. I am hopeful a full 13 episode 2nd season cures what I think is wrong with the show.

I actually like the balance in the first season of following/not following the comic.

");document.close(); Edited by TeamDingo

Not a spoiler...just a prediction: two handed redneck brother ends up killing one handed redneck brother. :confused:

I would be surprised if it does not go the other way. Merle kills Daryl.
Daryl is the best character and takes out Merle with a crossbow arrow to the eyeball bone season II episode I :lmao:

Daryl is the best character

I don't disagree but the "hold me back before I hit somebody" gimmick is getting a little old. I think he has used that at least once per episode...
Have you ever met any redneck hicks before? They do indeed act just like that guy.

:goodposting: I enjoyed the first season thoroughly. Yes, the writing and acting were lacking at times - specifically in the finale, which sticks in my head, Lori with the "Test Subject 19 was YOUR WIFE" made me cringe.

You take that back. Zombies are serious business.

It might be too easy for you to say that, but I apparently didn't have the lofty expectations of the show coming in that most of you had. I know AMC has had some recent hits, but I'm neither a horror movie fan (or a movie fan in general, I've seen 2 movies made in the last 3 years total) nor a comic book fan. I don't watch shows for the production values or for the Academy Award-caliber acting or for the screenwriting...I watch shows to be entertained. The Walking Dead has had enough thrill aspects to keep me wondering what happens next and enough character development to make me want to learn more about the main characters.

This is the only AMC show I watch, and I've been entertained. The only other show I make a point to watch is Fringe. Maybe some of you TV snobs are expecting something stellar, I wasn't.

To-MAY-to...to-mah-to. :thumbdown:

I'm far from a TV snob - my favorite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. However, even a show like that proves that you can have a silly premise and still have good writing and characters. I think a lot of people are disappointed in this show - people expect something better and are getting horrible writing and dumb characters, and people who wanted to see some zombies kill people who are getting long periods of horrible writing and dumb characters without any action.

Yeah, it's a schlocky tv show with mediocre writing and acting. But if they just let this group wander the country for a couple of years, following rumors and looking for a safe haven, having adventures with zombies, adding some semi-interesting people here and there, I'll be sufficiently entertained.

And some boobies...only, not zombie boobies. Those zombies have just let themselves go.

And some boobies...only, not zombie boobies. Those zombies have just let themselves go.
Zoobies?

TWC carries the show in HD and it looks great. I wasn't thrilled with the props (hands/ various body parts they used to disguise themselves in one episode) but the zombies themselves have all looked very good in HD, and the explosion from the finale was also brilliant.

Not brilliant enough to break the windows in the vehicles parked close by, though.