What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

So the old man is racist. The black woman decides to stay back and he doesn't say anything. Blondie decides to stay and he has this emotional breakdown and refuses to leave unless she does. Pathetic.
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();
Not sure why I decided to look at this specific spoiler because I hate them, but OH BULL####!

TeamDingo said:
Charlie Frown said:
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();

I am hopeful that with a whole season to work with things will improve. I like the show and I am a big fan of the comics but I admit it needs some help. I would probably like it more if I didn't follow the comics.
I pretty much agree completely. I am hopeful a full 13 episode 2nd season cures what I think is wrong with the show.
I actually like the balance in the first season of following/not following the comic.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

In the middle of reading "World War Z", and if you're a zombie fan you'll love this.
And if you're a World War Z fan, you'll understand why this show is so disappointing.
Im a world war z fan and love Walking dead. It seems everyone is expecting perfection and no its not perfect but I feel it has potential to be great we just have to stick with it and tell people about it and keep the negative talk down till there is a reason for it.

TWD has potential and I'm willing to give it a chance. So far it's been mediocre but still entertaining.

Still loving zombies

still hating this thread

hopefully the haters will stop watching the show and leave

by the way, during the flashback when the soldiers are killing everyone in the hospital, including doctors and nurses, why wouldn't the guy that comes into Rick's room and sees him alive and lying in a bed shoot him?

Anyone else bothering by how *nice* all of the surviving people are? Even Merle as a overt racist didn't go killing anyone. When they get robbed it turns out to be a bunch of former gangbangers who are taking care of the elderly. The only guy who was going something bad was Jenner and he thought he was doing it for their own good. In the end though he still let them go.

I hoping in season 2 they run into actual bad guys (think Steadymobbin playing New Vegas).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished the season finale. Oof. Just when I thought this show had maybe turned a corner, it fell back into the stupid pit. I can't believe how idiotic that episode was. Yes, I know they have to come up with some way to get them out of the CDC at some point, but that was just terrible.

I'll re-up for next season because I like zombie stuff and because I feel like this show has the potential to turn the corner, but at this point it's kind of reminding me of JP Losman. A few highlights here and there, but way too many dumb, back-breaking mistakes, and in the end we're talking UFL material.
Disagree. You can kill a zombie by breaking it's back. Duh.

Just finished the season finale. Oof. Just when I thought this show had maybe turned a corner, it fell back into the stupid pit. I can't believe how idiotic that episode was. Yes, I know they have to come up with some way to get them out of the CDC at some point, but that was just terrible.

I'll re-up for next season because I like zombie stuff and because I feel like this show has the potential to turn the corner, but at this point it's kind of reminding me of JP Losman. A few highlights here and there, but way too many dumb, back-breaking mistakes, and in the end we're talking UFL material.
You can render it immobile, sure, but killing a zombie by back-breaking? No. Gotta kill that brain.

ScottyFargo said:
goonsquad said:

You can render it immobile, sure, but killing a zombie by back-breaking? No. Gotta kill that brain.
I meant to write "can't". Typo's can kill a joke, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

The first season really wasn't all that good.

But after reading the whole comic-book series (when does #80 come out?), I think seasons two and three will be great.

I feel like the last half of the show was incredibly weak compared to the first half of the season. The pilot episode was an immaculate work of genius, and it had the production value and writing of a full-fledged movie. The rest of the series tailed off after that, and felt like a watered down TV show. Still decent, but nothing like what the first episode was like. I heard it had something to do with the writers figuring it'd never take off and leaving the project, but hopefully season 2 can come through like the pilot did.

I am huge Sci Fi geek. I have a large collection that I am rewatching with my daughter.

I can not stress strongly enough just how weak most of these series first 6 episodes were compared to what they grew into. Star Trek TNG, Buffy, Angel, Farscape and many others all had very weak starts.

I hate what American television has turned into. No show is given time to find their characters or their audiance in the chase for the immediate ratings grab. Most everyone knows this but a show like Cheers would have been cancelled almost immediately if it debut this year.

Luckily people are watching TWD which means it has a chance to grow and get better as so many other Sci Fi shows have done before it.

Loved the comics of TWD and am enjoying the series so far and hope it gets better.

I am huge Sci Fi geek. I have a large collection that I am rewatching with my daughter.

I can not stress strongly enough just how weak most of these series first 6 episodes were compared to what they grew into. Star Trek TNG, Buffy, Angel, Farscape and many others all had very weak starts.

I hate what American television has turned into. No show is given time to find their characters or their audiance in the chase for the immediate ratings grab. Most everyone knows this but a show like Cheers would have been cancelled almost immediately if it debut this year.

Luckily people are watching TWD which means it has a chance to grow and get better as so many other Sci Fi shows have.

done before it.

Loved the comics of TWD and am enjoying the series so far and hope it gets better.
Please check out the following:Homicide Life on the Streets:

Wire

Breaking Bad.

I am huge Sci Fi geek. I have a large collection that I am rewatching with my daughter.I can not stress strongly enough just how weak most of these series first 6 episodes were compared to what they grew into. Star Trek TNG, Buffy, Angel, Farscape and many others all had very weak starts. I hate what American television has turned into. No show is given time to find their characters or their audiance in the chase for the immediate ratings grab. Most everyone knows this but a show like Cheers would have been cancelled almost immediately if it debut this year. Luckily people are watching TWD which means it has a chance to grow and get better as so many other Sci Fi shows have done before it. Loved the comics of TWD and am enjoying the series so far and hope it gets better.
No, I'm saying that the first episode was amazing and the rest of the season seemed much weaker and almost watered down compared to the first. I've read all 80 issues of the comic, and am looking forward to 81. I may have actually crossed paths with Robert Kirkland when he worked here in Lexington at Red Rock Collectibles. It looked like they put all their effort into making an amazing pilot and then just shat out the rest. I like shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, etc. Real shows.I'm pretty far removed from your typical American Idol-lovin' reality show idiot.

Luckily people are watching TWD which means it has a chance to grow and get better as so many other Sci Fi shows have.

done before it.

Wire

Breaking Bad.
Homicide debuted 17 years ago. That was a different landscape back in the early 90's for TV. But to NBC's credit, they did give the show a chance to survive even with bad ratings.HBO has had many shows lowly rated like the Wire. HBO business model does not run the way a broadcast network runs and does not have the need for every last rating point so they can give more time to shows.

Breaking Bad, unless I am completely misinformed, did ok ratings wise when compared to other AMC shows. Its first season was hampered due to the writers strike at the time which limited the number of episodes.

I am huge Sci Fi geek. I have a large collection that I am rewatching with my daughter.I can not stress strongly enough just how weak most of these series first 6 episodes were compared to what they grew into. Star Trek TNG, Buffy, Angel, Farscape and many others all had very weak starts. I hate what American television has turned into. No show is given time to find their characters or their audiance in the chase for the immediate ratings grab. Most everyone knows this but a show like Cheers would have been cancelled almost immediately if it debut this year. Luckily people are watching TWD which means it has a chance to grow and get better as so many other Sci Fi shows have done before it. Loved the comics of TWD and am enjoying the series so far and hope it gets better.
No, I'm saying that the first episode was amazing and the rest of the season seemed much weaker and almost watered down compared to the first. I've read all 80 issues of the comic, and am looking forward to 81. I may have actually crossed paths with Robert Kirkland when he worked here in Lexington at Red Rock Collectibles. It looked like they put all their effort into making an amazing pilot and then just shat out the rest. I like shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, etc. Real shows.I'm pretty far removed from your typical American Idol-lovin' reality show idiot.
That is cool but my post had nothing to do with anything you have written in this thread,It was more a call for people to have a little patience. Not many shows have hit their stride in 6 episodes.

That is cool but my post had nothing to do with anything you have written in this thread,It was more a call for people to have a little patience. Not many shows have hit their stride in 6 episodes.
your reading comprehension must be down then. read my original post, the one directly above yours, and then try reading yours again.

done before it.

Wire

Breaking Bad.
Homicide debuted 17 years ago. That was a different landscape back in the early 90's for TV. But to NBC's credit, they did give the show a chance to survive even with bad ratings.HBO has had many shows lowly rated like the Wire. HBO business model does not run the way a broadcast network runs and does not have the need for every last rating point so they can give more time to shows.

Breaking Bad, unless I am completely misinformed, did ok ratings wise when compared to other AMC shows. Its first season was hampered due to the writers strike at the time which limited the number of episodes.
I am just saying, if you want to try out some good shows look at those.

This is a common stereotype of American television. It is also incorrect. There is so much out there you can choose what you like. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and many other shows have TONS of character development. There truly is something for just about everyone.

done before it.

Wire

Breaking Bad.

I am just saying, if you want to try out some good shows look at those.
seen all 3 of them. They were all wonderful. I am a big David Simon fan.

your reading comprehension must be down then. read my original post, the one directly above yours, and then try reading yours again.
I did not read your post when I posted. Reading comprehension was not down, it was entirely void :(

I hate what American television has turned into. No show is given time to find their characters or their audience in the chase for the immediate ratings grab. Most everyone knows this but a show like Cheers would have been canceled almost immediately if it debut this year.

Luckily people are watching TWD which means it has a chance to grow and get better as so many other Sci Fi shows have done before it.

This is a common stereotype of American television. It is also incorrect. There is so much out there you can choose what you like. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and many other shows have TONS of character development. There truly is something for just about everyone.
It is not a common stereotype that some shows today are canceled before they can find their legs. Some shows from years ago that went on to be huge hits would likely be canceled in today's ratings environment.I do agree 100% that there is something for everyone on TV, assuming you have some sort of interest. I never said otherwise.

I did not read your post when I posted. Reading comprehension was not down, it was entirely void :thumbup:
Ah. Carry on then. :(

Caught a few minutes of this tonight. Is it any good?
Jury's still out. I gave it six episodes and I really wanted to like it. It got worse each episode. I'm not watching season 2. Others on here believe that it needs a full season to hit its stride. The writers got fired, but the writers sucked, so I don't know if that's good or bad.

Jury's still out. I gave it six episodes and I really wanted to like it. It got worse each episode. I'm not watching season 2. Others on here believe that it needs a full season to hit its stride. The writers got fired, but the writers sucked, so I don't know if that's good or bad.
That doesn't sound good. Watching the first episode and it seems ok. If it gets worse with each episode, I don't think I could make it through six of them.

That doesn't sound good. Watching the first episode and it seems ok. If it gets worse with each episode, I don't think I could make it through six of them.
Yeah. Watched the 2nd episode and half of the 3rd. Not feeling it at all. The lady whore is banging a redneck dude in the woods while her husband may be recently deceased? :rolleyes:

The first episode is pretty good. It really gets awful mid-season. By the end it flashes a few moments of zombie fun but largely sucks. I'm holding out hope for season two as they'll have a new writing staff...but I'll bail if the first episode or two don't wow me.Keep watching...wait until you get to the gang. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Watched the 2nd episode and half of the 3rd. Not feeling it at all. The lady whore is banging a redneck dude in the woods while her husband may be recently deceased? :hifive:
SLB had a thread asking how long after you die would you want your wife dating, you know what her vote was.The worlds population is dwindling and a woman has needs.

The first episode is pretty good. It really gets awful mid-season. By the end it flashes a few moments of zombie fun but largely sucks. I'm holding out hope for season two as they'll have a new writing staff...but I'll bail if the first episode or two don't wow me.
I agree with the bold. Having now read the comics, however, I am confident that season two will be great.

Users who are viewing this thread