What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Marathon on now.

Middle of episode 5

My opinions:

Ep 1: INCREDIBLE

Ep 2: Utter trash :bag:

Ep 3: Didnt see, thats how bad Ep 2 was.

Ep 4: Not too shabby...things are looking up

Ep 5: I'm re-hooked. Good show.

:shrug: I enjoyed the first season thoroughly. Yes, the writing and acting were lacking at times - specifically in the finale, which sticks in my head, Lori with the "Test Subject 19 was YOUR WIFE" made me cringe.It's not the best show on TV, or on AMC for that matter, but I think it's a nice little ridiculous escape from reality. Who cares that they were just magically outside the blast radius of the CDC blowing up, or that the abused wife-woman found the grenade in the backpack at the last second....of course it's ridiculous...it's a show about freakin zombies.I don't watch a ton of TV shows, though, and I didn't read the comics/"graphic novels". Just my thoughts.
Yeah, this is where I am. Not great but I was entertained enough to watch all six episodes in about a week. :thumbup:I don't watch many shows either though. And what I pick tends to be fairly random. This one joins Dexter, Terminator Salvation, and Day Break as the only dramas I've tried in the past 5+ years.

After starting the comic and getting roughly to where Season One of the show is....I can't see how anyone thinks the comic is any better. Unless they are talking about future stroylines....the show is better in every way.

This video game trailer for Dead Island contains more terror, tragedy, and awesomeness in 3 minutes than what The Walking Dead achieved in 6 hours.

Maybe it will be a crap game, but the trailer is great.

This video game trailer for Dead Island contains more terror, tragedy, and awesomeness in 3 minutes than what The Walking Dead achieved in 6 hours.

Maybe it will be a crap game, but the trailer is great.

Wow, that is quite well done. If only any three minutes of The Walking Dead had been anywhere near that affecting.

After starting the comic and getting roughly to where Season One of the show is....I can't see how anyone thinks the comic is any better. Unless they are talking about future stroylines....the show is better in every way.
the comic gets significantly better. You have not even met some of the best characters or locations yet.

the comic gets significantly better. You have not even met some of the best characters or locations yet.
I know. I'm up to when
they leave the prison after the Governor attack
.... I guess my point is...is I think that the show is much better than the comic at both points in their storylines. The show has tacked on a couple of things (of which the gang part was kind of lame) but they haven't really cut anything out from the comic. It's all more or less set up right now.

I know. I'm up to when
.... I guess my point is...is I think that the show is much better than the comic at both points in their storylines. The show has tacked on a couple of things (of which the gang part was kind of lame) but they haven't really cut anything out from the comic. It's all more or less set up right now.

I feel like the characters are all perfect in the comic and horrible in the show. The show's first episode was a masterpiece and every episode afterward felt like watered-down dogcrap that you'd expect from a police show on CBS, not a drama on AMC. I actually kinda wish this show was on a network like Starz or HBO. Any network that had the freedom to do the comic's violence and intensity the justice it deserves. I love AMC, but they'll never match the grittiness of the comic.

I know. I'm up to when

I just hope
They do some of the prison/Governor story.

I feel like the characters are all perfect in the comic and horrible in the show. The show's first episode was a masterpiece and every episode afterward felt like watered-down dogcrap that you'd expect from a police show on CBS, not a drama on AMC.
:goodposting: Extremely disappointing after the first episode.

I know. I'm up to when
I just hope
They do some of the prison/Governor story.
To me, not following that story to its grim finale would be a sign that they've ####ed out. Although there was a rumor that....
the guy who got his hand cut off could be the Governor of the show

I know. I'm up to when
I feel like the characters are all perfect in the comic and horrible in the show. The show's first episode was a masterpiece and every episode afterward felt like watered-down dogcrap that you'd expect from a police show on CBS, not a drama on AMC. I actually kinda wish this show was on a network like Starz or HBO. Any network that had the freedom to do the comic's violence and intensity the justice it deserves. I love AMC, but they'll never match the grittiness of the comic.I don't there was a real level of violence that early in the comic that wasn't in the book.....at least not any that can't be brought up in this season. I also have faith in AMC to do the violence right when needed (Breaking Bad can be one of the more visceral shows on TV). The show added two parts not in the comic(the gang and the lab) and took out one
(Shane getting killed)
that could be added more or less seamlessly into other situations that the comic had that should be coming up in the show

(the suburb place, the farm and the prison)

I've never been into Sci-Fi or zombie movies, but I like all of the episodes. Came across it by chance one night while flipping through the channels. :shrug:

Just watched this series recently. I agree with those that said the first episode was excellent and they went steadily downhill from there.

Good article here with Kirkman. Dispels the writing staff being fired rumors and other good tidbitshttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/walking-dead-s-robert-kirkman-186604
the last question and answer were a bit of a downer, but as long as Walking Dead has a season 3 it should pay off well. i guess that is a bit of a tell of how far the next season will go as well. i just know casting that part will be huge, and if they miss it will be terrible. same with a certain character that should arrive in season 2

Last edited by a moderator:
HOORAY!

The Walking Dead Season 2 was supposedly going to be arriving next October but it seems that AMC is preparing to unload the new season on us fans much sooner then we all expected. Emmy Award winning actor Bryan Cranston told New York Magazine ( via The Daily Blam ) that Walking Dead season 2 is coming in July, 3 months earlier then we all expected saying quote; “It was a decision from AMC that they wanted to position us in July… They want to attract as many eyeballs as possible, away from the heavy competition of the September, November [or] January start.”The Hollywood Reporter was the one that broke the news that Walking Dead Season 2 would be coming in October shortly after the final episode of Season 1 Ended. My thoughts on why AMC was aiming for October again was to capitlize on the FEARFEST they do every Halloween but I also had said that I think the show could hold its own in any time frame and help boost AMC’s ratings during periods where they might not be as high. This new July release date shows that AMC is doing just that. Since Halloween already delivers them strong ratings a July release of Walking Dead Season 2 means they will get fantastic summer ratings now on their network.Walking Dead Season 2 Darabont has revealed would take us into the second book and introduce some of the fantastic winter visuals that Volume 2 of Walking Dead did so well. Walking Dead Season 2 will be 13 episodes as opposed to the 6 episodes in the first season.

Not on my tv schedule...how old is that July 3rd date?

Edit: don't see anything on AMC's website either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread