What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I didn't get why it would take a day or longer to go over the tunnel either.
Yea, not sure how Glen would even know that just from walking upon that tunnel.

I guess they confirmed it with mullet dude when he figured the direction where the tunnel would exit and they made it seem like it was a good distance.

So the prevailing thought is that the people in Terminus are cannibals? Make sense to me.

What I don't understand is why Terminus had fences no better than the prison, with unlocked gates, and not a single walker strolling around.

I like this Terminus place. I can see them staying a long time. Looks secure but who is going to claim it? Rick is in for a hurting when Darryl's group finds him. If any major people die, it will be for shock value only. No body from the main group deserve to die yet.

I could see Tyrese, Carol, Michonne and/or Tara choosing to go to Washington DC if the show gets rid of the group looking to go but no deaths. Maybe from Darryl's group, a few of them could die.

If anyone from the main group dies... My money is on: Judith, Carl, Tyrese.
The name of the god Terminus was the Latin word for a boundary stone,[1] and his worship as recorded in the late Republic and Empire centred on this stone, with which the god could be identified.[2]Siculus Flaccus, a writer on land surveying, records the ritual by which the stone was sanctified: the bones, ashes, and blood of a sacrificial victim, along with crops, honeycombs, and wine, were placed into a hole at a point where estates converged, and the stone was driven in on top.[3] On February 23 annually, a festival called the Terminalia was celebrated in Terminus' honor, involving practices which can be regarded as a reflection or "yearly renewal" of this foundational ritual.[4] Neighboring families would garland their respective sides of the marker and make offerings to Terminus at an altarOvid identifies these, again, as crops, honeycombs, and wine. The marker itself would be drenched in the blood of a sacrificed lamb or pig. There followed a communal feast and hymns in praise of Terminus.[2][5]

So the prevailing thought is that the people in Terminus are cannibals? Make sense to me.

What I don't understand is why Terminus had fences no better than the prison, with unlocked gates, and not a single walker strolling around.
I assume that's part of the story. The writers and director went out of their way to show that everything was unlocked / wide open with nobody standing guard and no walkers. Presumably there's a reason for that, and they'll get into it next week for the finale. My guess is that they're collecting walkers for some reason, which is why the surrounding area is depopulated, but that's just a guess.

As I mentioned back a few pages..... seems the guy that got chocked out in front of Rick does remember Ricks face, so I don't expect a "AHA" moment of a tennis ball bouncing and rick remembering that from the house..

Will be interesting if Rick recognizes the choked guy first or vice verse and the ensuing battle. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mentioned back a few pages..... seems the guy that got chocked out in front of Rick does remember Ricks face, so I don't expect a "AHA" moment of a tennis ball bouncing and rick remembering that from the house..

Will be interesting if Rick recognizes the choked guy first or vice verse and the ensuing battle. :popcorn:
if you go by the previews, it looks like Rick was given a good beating

With the burning of her picture, I have a bad feeling that just told me Maggie is zombie dinner next week. :sadbanana:
:goodposting: or Glenn.. when he burned the picture I turned to my daughter and said "Well, that's that, say bye to one of them soon."
:goodposting:

"Hey partner, I could really use some help with this routine drug bust going down today. Do you think you can pitch in? It should be, like, totally routine and not dangerous at all."

"Sure. I've only got one more month before I retire. Why not?"

Not to mention that the gates weren't even locked up. The walkers were all in the collapsed tunnel. Was hoping to see something other than walker heads in all the rubble. Would have been funny seeing a set of legs sticking out of the rocks. They wouldn't even have to have been moving, but the movement would have been video gold.

if you go by the previews, it looks like Rick was given a good beating
and gave one also by the looks of his hands..

Read an interview with the writers and they mentioned that if you thought Rick had to make difficult decisions before and went loco, just wait..
:oldunsure:

With the burning of her picture, I have a bad feeling that just told me Maggie is zombie dinner next week. :sadbanana:
:goodposting: or Glenn.. when he burned the picture I turned to my daughter and said "Well, that's that, say bye to one of them soon."

"Hey partner, I could really use some help with this routine drug bust going down today. Do you think you can pitch in? It should be, like, totally routine and not dangerous at all."

He'll probably go back to the prison to get another picture of her.

I tried to hear what the leader of that group said to Darryl when they were talking about whether the person (Rick) in the house could be recognized but couldn't understand what he said. Also, I missed part of Glenn and Maggie's conversation. Did she explain how the hell she got through the tunnel?

Say goodbye to _____________ soon:

1. Rick because Carl said he didn't need him anymore.

2. Maggie because her pic was burned.

3. Glenn because the pic was burned.

4. Daryl because he laid in a casket.

5. Beth because she's got stolen by cannibals.

6. Michonne because her doppleganger she spotted while leading her two walkers by a rope was foreshadowing her death.

He'll probably go back to the prison to get another picture of her.
And try to run all the way apart from the group

I tried to hear what the leader of that group said to Darryl when they were talking about whether the person (Rick) in the house could be recognized but couldn't understand what he said. Also, I missed part of Glenn and Maggie's conversation. Did she explain how the hell she got through the tunnel?
If I remember right, the choked out guy does remember what Rick looks like, and the group is tracking Rick to Terminus right now for some retribution

If I remember right, the choked out guy does remember what Rick looks like, and the group is tracking Rick to Terminus right now for some retribution
Ok thanks. I know they followed Rick's tracks to the rail line and Terminus notice, but half the time I can't understand what these people are mumbling. Guess greater than half the time when it comes to any conversation involving Darryl. haha

Hmm...come upon a tunnel of zombies and you can't simply climb up the hill around it? You've got to turn back and walk away as if it takes miles to get around this tunnel?

Tunnel fell "TODAY"?! You serious? And when it fell...it fell on ten zombies and trapped 20 on the other side? How does any of that make any sense?

This "claimed" nonsense just pisses me off...first of all, it's "dibs". I can believe in a world where the word "zombie" doesn't exist...but I'll be damned if I'll accept the non-existence of "dibs". And how does it make any sense...you can shoot an arrow into the same rabbit as someone else and simply say, "Claimed"? That's BS...even dibs has rules to it.
Pay attention. Maggie and her group shot at the roof and brought it down.
Oh yeah, that totally makes it not stupid at all.
Whether you liked it or not tdoss is just complaining and not even watching the show. If Maggie says she shot it down and Glen makes a point of saying the blood was fresh on the marker near the tunnel, it makes his complaints silly. They basically told us that Maggie was pretty close and she told us she caused the tunnel collapse. Hard not to put 2 and 2 together and get 4. Again, you can think the premise is dumb, but questioning it as if it was a random tunnel collapse is just bad watching.

Also, why is the claimed thing bogus as well? Joe (I think that was his name) again laid out their rules of engagement. The guy they killed didn't like Daryl, simple as that, so he shot the rabbit knowing it would cause conflict as he was following the rules and Daryl didn't know them. tdoss is complaining that they used "claimed" instead of "dibs", which is about the dumbest complaint I have heard in this thread. I hope he is trying to be funny because then at least it is just a bad attempt at humor vs. him just being well, who knows. Pretty sure slang happens all the time and Joe seems pretty smart even if he acts like he was a criminal before the #### hit the fan, so he just likes the word claim. Hey, here is a completely unbelievable scenario, maybe he worked in or has past history with mining or drilling, a rare profession for guys with checkered pasts, where the word claim is used a lot.

I know people know him from other shows, I've never seen him before, but the head of Darryl's new gang is a pretty good actor. Can't say the same for Glen's new friends.

There's no way Daryl dies any time soon. Too much background mystery to him and what's going on in his head. As well as many watchers being extremely pissed that he's gone. Daryl and Carol will be around for a while.

I know people know him from other shows, I've never seen him before, but the head of Darryl's new gang is a pretty good actor. Can't say the same for Glen's new friends.
I'm impressed that they got James Hetfield for this show. I'm hoping for a Master of Puppets rendition in the season finale.

Guy who plays Abraham is top-notch IMO (he was awesome in Southland).

The scientist looks like a shorter, mulleted John Laroquette.

One major thing that bothers me in this whole series is that in the first couple episodes in the first season Rick and Glenn put blood all over them and walked through the zombies. (until the unexpected rain storm). Add in Michonne walking with a couple of zombies untouched. Not once have they tried this strategy since. Why wouldnt Glenn and the girl in the tunnel cover themselves instead of the stupid flashlight trick?

It just seems that the writers in this show move the rules around when its convinent to their crappy writing.

edit to add - Why in the holy hell are they sleeping on the effing train tracks. None of this makes a lick of sense.

Daryl asked "did you see his face" and the leader pointed to the guy that got chocked out and said "he was the only one that saw his face.

Maggie explained that they were trapped in the tunnel, and low on ammo. So they shot the ceiling to bring it down on top of the zombies. :thumbup:

One major thing that bothers me in this whole series is that in the first couple episodes in the first season Rick and Glenn put blood all over them and walked through the zombies. (until the unexpected rain storm). Add in Michonne walking with a couple of zombies untouched. Not once have they tried this strategy since. Why wouldnt Glenn and the girl in the tunnel cover themselves instead of the stupid flashlight trick?

It just seems that the writers in this show move the rules around when its convinent to their crappy writing.
yea, unless they explained this away somehow, i would be walking around with a few 2L coke bottles of zombie blood as a main strategic weapon of choice.

great point

The scientist looks like a shorter, mulleted John Laroquette
You nailed it with the John Laroquette reference. I kept thinking in one of the scenes that this guy looks like someone familiar and the best I could come up with was John Travolta. You were dead on with the other John though.

The scientist looks like a shorter, mulleted John Laroquette.
I loved Abraham in band of brothers. Of course, I loved everyone in band of brothers.

Mullethead is delaying the trip to Washington because, as we have all figured out, he is no scientist who knows what is going on. He killed the truck, he guided them to reunite with Glenn's group rather than head to Washington, didn't they make reference to something screwing up in Atlanta, which caused them to lose a bunch of their people? I'm sure he caused that.

When Abraham finds out that his ultimate mission is no mission because mullethead is not a scientist, Mullethead is a dead man, and it will not be a comfortable death.

Whatever happens in Terminus, I am looking forward to Abraham taking out the scientist.

Mullethead is delaying the trip to Washington because, as we have all figured out, he is no scientist who knows what is going on. He killed the truck, he guided them to reunite with Glenn's group rather than head to Washington, didn't they make reference to something screwing up in Atlanta, which caused them to lose a bunch of their people? I'm sure he caused that.

When Abraham finds out that his ultimate mission is no mission because mullethead is not a scientist, Mullethead is a dead man, and it will not be a comfortable death.

Whatever happens in Terminus, I am looking forward to Abraham taking out the scientist.
Absolutely agree.

Seems kind of thin. He saw the top of part of Rick's face while being choked the #### out. He's not really going to recognize Rick. I mean, the writers might say he does, but it's dumb.

edit to add - Why in the holy hell are they sleeping on the effing train tracks. None of this makes a lick of sense.
I think they feel safer there since they can see things approaching as opposed to sleeping in the woods.

I actually like the scientist more after this episode.
He's quirky. I'll give him that.

And Abraham seems pretty naive.
A bit naive, but it also gives him a purpose. He may have doubts in the back of his mind, but I think he is forcing himself to ignore them. I think the scientist bought himself time because they found Maggie. Too much going on for Abraham to realize he was purposely thwarting the trip to DC.

A bit naive, but it also gives him a purpose. He may have doubts in the back of his mind, but I think he is forcing himself to ignore them. I think the scientist bought himself time because they found Maggie. Too much going on for Abraham to realize he was purposely thwarting the trip to DC.
Any backstory about how the scientist got Abraham to believe him? Did he just walk up to the first guy in camo and say "I'm a scientist, get me to Washington"?

Any backstory about how the scientist got Abraham to believe him? Did he just walk up to the first guy in camo and say "I'm a scientist, get me to Washington"?
I assume in the comics, but nothing we have seen.

Seems kind of thin. He saw the top of part of Rick's face while being choked the #### out. He's not really going to recognize Rick. I mean, the writers might say he does, but it's dumb.
:confused: Not sure what you mean by "top part of his head".. He was face to face with Rick looking right into his eyes as he was chocked out.

Guessing seeing someone laying right in front of you under a bed would leave a lasting impression.

I'd argue that Rick seeing someone bouncing a tennis ball, or hear someone whistling, and have a AHA moment would be even thinner then this guy remembering Ricks Face.. . :shrug:

:confused: Not sure what you mean by "top part of his head".. He was face to face with Rick looking right into his eyes as he was chocked out.

Guessing seeing someone laying right in front of you under a bed would leave a lasting impression.

I'd argue that Rick seeing someone bouncing a tennis ball, or hear someone whistling, and have a AHA moment would be even thinner then this guy remembering Ricks Face.. . :shrug:
He's not seeing him at the angle that you'd normally see someone's face at. You think he's going to be able to identify this guy later especially now that he's all cleaned up?

Users who are viewing this thread