What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Also, I thought the finale was good. I don't mind the fact that people didn't die as the story moved along and finished strong (except for Rick's mini-speech at the end).

For the comic readers

I don't recall them being put into the train cars, what's that about? I know they're all fine at Terminus but wasn't sure why they took this approach

I liked it too. Maybe some of you people should stop watching
I will definitely stop watching. The last two seasons have been a total disaster. I really liked the first two seasons. After the horrible third season, I decided to give it one more chance. Wrong decision.Horrible acting, horrible writing.
Keep us updated.
In this thread?
Naaa...believe me...nobody cares

Once Rick, Mechone, Daryl and Carl went into the train car, the others were acting a bit strange. Either that candle room is for some sort of brain washing or maybe they are being drugged with the powdered milk. I never thought of the veal analogy - that is a possibility as well. In any case, where is Beth - or was that the food they were offering to the new arrivals?

I found tonight's season finale to be the best episode of the series. Yet, other people thought it was the worst season finale ever and some claim they will never watch the show again.

So did Rick shoot that Alex guy, cause on first viewing it looked like it, but on the second viewing it looked like a Terminus guy blew out the back of Alex's skull

It's minor criticism but are we to expect hat Maggie and crew got the same treatment from Terminus. That there was another fracas and their group got herded into the train car? My point is I don't understand portraying that everything is fine and Rick's group is welcome. Once you got them unarmed - throw them in the train.

And if you are Rick and you are suspicious of Terminus - wouldn't you just leave Daryl and Carl outside the fence and check in with them every few days until you confirm Terminus is on the up?

What the F?

Good show, but what the F way is that to make us wait :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Oh, and for the guy who said it already about them just putting them in the train when they had their weapons...........I think the first room they came in was full of pansys and they were unarmed. They wanted to bring them out to the front so that the shooters and everyone else could take them.

Now, the whole "waste 5000000 bullets to get them to go a certain way" thing didn;t seem all that logical.

I dont even know what else to say. Crazy.

Cleary they stopped following the comics a little while back, which is fine I guess. Had to happen eventually. I mean, they never FULL followed it, but at this point I don't even think the writers have read the comics.

What was it that made Rick wary of the watch? Whose was it? I didn't recognize it.

Otherwise, gotta be cannibals. Why else herd them and keep them alive? That or they are some sorta bait.

Geez, some of you just can't be pleased. I am highly anticipating your shows coming out this fall.

Leaves open plenty for next season. Our heroes are trapped in a train car. There is no where to go. Who will help? Will Terminus terminate them? Will Judith come to the rescue? Watch next season to find out.

MIA:

Judith

Carol

Tyrese

Beth

Weapons

What was it that made Rick wary of the watch? Whose was it? I didn't recognize it.

Otherwise, gotta be cannibals. Why else herd them and keep them alive? That or they are some sorta bait.
Watch = Herschel gave to Glen

Body Armor = Maggie, Glen, Scientist Guy

Parka = ?

Remember when Herschel gave his watch to Glenn in the flashbacks? Rick knew Glenn had it, plus he saw the riot gear.

It's minor criticism but are we to expect hat Maggie and crew got the same treatment from Terminus. That there was another fracas and their group got herded into the train car? My point is I don't understand portraying that everything is fine and Rick's group is welcome. Once you got them unarmed - throw them in the train.

And if you are Rick and you are suspicious of Terminus - wouldn't you just leave Daryl and Carl outside the fence and check in with them every few days until you confirm Terminus is on the up?
Maybe to get newcomers to trust the Terminites in case they're part of a larger outside group. New people might follow your suggestion about sending in scouts.

I assume Carol and Tyreese will show up next season to free them, or one of the cannibals has a change of heart and sets them free.

They ran right into the snare.
:goodposting:

Google searched the poncho, it was Maggie's but originally Daryl's? I don't remember ever seeing Maggie in it.

My question is, how did Rick know that was Hershel's (Glen's) pocket watch just by seeing the chain. I don't remember it being a distinct looking chain, and couldn't see the watch buried in the pocket, but Rick was obviously 100% sure. Maybe the guy flashed it earlier and I just missed it.

They ran right into the snare.
:goodposting:

Google searched the poncho, it was Maggie's but originally Daryl's? I don't remember ever seeing Maggie in it.

My question is, how did Rick know that was Hershel's (Glen's) pocket watch just by seeing the chain. I don't remember it being a distinct looking chain, and couldn't see the watch buried in the pocket, but Rick was obviously 100% sure. Maybe the guy flashed it earlier and I just missed it.
torrid offscreen love affair between RIck and Glenn.

I really liked the episode. From the "previously on" and the opening shot of Rick, I thought maybe Corrrrral and Michonne bit the dust. Made the scene with Darryl's group a little more tense. :thumbup:

I really liked the episode. From the "previously on" and the opening shot of Rick, I thought maybe Corrrrral and Michonne bit the dust. Made the scene with Darryl's group a little more tense. :thumbup:
Carl can't die. HIs acting is so damn bad that if tehy wanted him off the show, they woulda offed him long ago.

He HAS to live, only explanation.

So did Rick shoot that Alex guy, cause on first viewing it looked like it, but on the second viewing it looked like a Terminus guy blew out the back of Alex's skull
Up late working, so I watched it on the background again and it was clear that a Terminus guy shot him.

Also, I like the suggestions about the milk and fattening them up.

Now, I don't like the idea of just random cannibals, because they seemed way too in sync. The head guy with hand signals and their precision IMHO makes them appear like FBI/ex-military. The stack of bones certainly foreshadows the cannibalism.

What a strange season of "Walking Dead" this was, structure-wise. We opened with relative peace at the prison that was disrupted by the virus and all the collateral damage it caused. Then we got a two-week Governor solo arc, followed by a mid-season finale that played like a much belated conclusion to season 3. Then after the break, the show went into some long-overdue character building work with the likes of Michonne, Beth, Bob, etc., with occasional pauses so the plot could be advanced by the likes of Abraham and Eugene, or all the Terminus signs. And we close on a cliffhanger that, given how little time has actually been spent at Terminus so far, feels more like the start of season 5 than anything else.You can look at the way that "A" flashed back to the time immediately before the season premiere as Scott Gimple and Angela Kang shining a light on the year's big character arc for Rick, and that was a story for the season that pretty much had a beginning (Rick puts down his gun to become a farmer), a middle (the Governor's arrival forces Rick to reluctantly go back to fighting) and an end (more dire circumstances turns Rick into the man who could do what he did to Joe and his gang, and who can be that confident that he is going to mess up the folks from Terminus). But beyond that, this was a season that was all middle.

Maybe that's just Gimple trying to course correct for some failings the show may have had under Glen Mazzara, just as Mazzara had to spend the beginning of his tenure pivoting away from some of Frank Darabont's decisions, and maybe this means that next season — which in theory will be the first time the show will have the same showrunner for complete back-to-back seasons — will have more forward momentum. And as I've said a lot the last couple of months, the show did need some work done to shore up its foundation and make us care about what happens to anyone beyond Rick and maybe Carl and Michonne. Some of that worked, and some of it didn't, but the effort was admirable and probably necessary, even if it meant putting the larger story on hold for a while. (More ideally, a lot of the character work would have been done back on Hershel's farm, or earlier in the prison stay, but you can't have everything.)

Even "A" weirdly split the difference between character and plot, with the first two thirds dispensing with Joe and his crew and acknowledging that Rick Grimes has become capable of some very dark things in the last few years, before our heroes arrive at Terminus, quickly deduce that it's a bad place, then get herded into a train car with some of their remaining friends (and their new friends), and with the periodic flashbacks to happier days in prison to remind us of Rick's journey.

Now, because the episode had the great Michelle MacLaren directing — for the first time since Zombie Sophia wandered out of Hershel's barn midway through season 2 — and because Gimple and Kang have both demonstrated good command of quieter character stories (most recently, Gimple with "The Grove" and Kang with "Still"), it mostly worked even if it left the season feeling incomplete as a whole. The malevolence of Joe's crew and the graphic means Rick used to dispose of them (biting out Joe's carotid and repeatedly stabbing the one who was going to rape Carl) were chilling, and the showdown in Terminus had some of the same spaghetti Western quality that MacLaren and her colleagues so often brought to "Breaking Bad."(*)

(*) In particular, the way MacLaren made the distance between Carl and the train car seem ever-longer reminded me of Heisenberg's incredibly long walk through the desert near the end of "To'hajiilee," though the overall intensity of that sequence was understandably much greater than this, given its place in that series' climax, and the relative quality level of the two shows.

So the action was effective, and some of the character beats worked, too, particularly Michonne telling Carl about her time in the refugee camp — and confirming once and for all that her original zombie pets were her boyfriend and his friend. (Information that might've been useful at the time she lopped their heads off, but that was at least one showrunner ago.) I don't know that anything that happened this season pulled me off of my belief that the show might be more interesting if Rick died — though this half-season at least made an effort into working on the non-Rick characters while Andrew Lincoln got some light duty — but if the idea of the final scene is for Rick and the show to once and for all stop dithering about whether he's the leader, whether he's a warrior, etc., then I'm all in favor of that.

As for Terminus itself, it is a very creepy place, and there were an awful lot of hints that the locals may be eating their visitors. Rick's explanation of how the snare trap works fits the location and use of Terminus to a T, there was constant talk of hunger and food shortage, Mary is pretty much only seen looming over the barbecue, and when Michonne asks their tour guide why they let new people in, he says that the "more people become part of us, we get stronger." This could all be misdirection, but at a certain point I was expecting Rick or Carl to stumble across a "To Serve Man" cookbook.

Whatever they're up to, I hope that when the show comes back in the fall that this battle between Rick's crew and a superior force winds up more interesting than either of the battles with the Governor, and I suppose I'll be curious to see whether Beth was abducted by these people (though their approach seems to be to wait for guests to come to them) and how long it takes Carol and Tyreese to join their friends in lock-up.

Mainly, though, I'm hoping that now that Gimple has a full year under his belt, we can get an actual sustained stretch of "Walking Dead" goodness, rather than the fits and starts the show has worked in for pretty much all of its run. If it's the constant showrunner carousel causing that, things could get very interesting. If, on the other hand, it's just the nature of the material, then you have to be ready to keep taking the good with the bad.

My thoughts...

Beth was kidnapped by someone unconnected to Terminus. The gang will try find and save her after they escape Terminus.

Cannibalism is definitely going on. The candles are for loved ones of those at Terminus who lost them thanks to trusting outsiders who came in for precannibal days sanctuary and tried to take over the place killing many in the process. Writings on the wall basically said never trust again. I guess they have taken to continuing to advertise sanctuary and making lemonade infused long pig out of lemons.

Users who are viewing this thread