What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

My thoughts...

Beth was kidnapped by someone unconnected to Terminus. The gang will try find and save her after they escape Terminus.

Cannibalism is definitely going on. The candles are for loved ones of those at Terminus who lost them thanks to trusting outsiders who came in for precannibal days sanctuary and tried to take over the place killing many in the process. Writings on the wall basically said never trust again. I guess they have taken to continuing to advertise sanctuary and making lemonade infused long pig out of lemons.
That was my impression.

The bloody skeletons were from a cow/bull/bison. The meat was just fine but Rick had to go put the pieces together and went all crazy. Should have acted like Darryl and said nothing when they came upon the group. Rick screwed up and now he has to unscrew it all.

Beth is the key.

The bloody skeletons were from a cow/bull/bison. The meat was just fine but Rick had to go put the pieces together and went all crazy. Should have acted like Darryl and said nothing when they came upon the group. Rick screwed up and now he has to unscrew it all.

Beth is the key.
Now, how to unscrew Beth...

The episode was titled A and I noticed a couple of A's painted around terminus while the group was being herded. They were like markers for the path they were being sent down.

My thoughts...

Beth was kidnapped by someone unconnected to Terminus. The gang will try find and save her after they escape Terminus.

Cannibalism is definitely going on. The candles are for loved ones of those at Terminus who lost them thanks to trusting outsiders who came in for precannibal days sanctuary and tried to take over the place killing many in the process. Writings on the wall basically said never trust again. I guess they have taken to continuing to advertise sanctuary and making lemonade infused long pig out of lemons.
That was my impression.
that is incongruent with the making of signs with directions to terminus and placing them all over.

just watched last weeks episode and im pretty much hoping each episode glenn gets killed.. guy is annoying and a waste of screen time. take your garbage love story somewhere else

My thoughts...

That was my impression.
that is incongruent with the making of signs with directions to terminus and placing them all over.
But they have a system in place now.

I think Rick may have went off the handle when he grabbed that dude with the watch knowing that Daryl only had a crossbow (still daryl, really?), Michonne with her sword and lil carl with a pistol. Not exactly good fighting odds.

Also did they take the redneck group weapons and bury them. I was only halfway watching or did they bury something else?

Oh and the Sandusky rape scene was just a little over the top IMO. We get it the dudes are bad no need to imply they are going to rape a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rick may have went off the handle when he grabbed that dude with the watch knowing that Daryl only had a crossbow (still daryl, really?), Michonne with her sword and lil carl with a pistol. Not exactly good fighting odds.

Also did they take the redneck group weapons and bury them. I was only halfway watching or did they bury something else?
They buried weapons.

Terminus looks like a military facility in a way. Huge hanger type buildings and a fence around all of it. I figure the Terminus folks had eyes on Rick's group the whole time, they just seem way too organized to me not to. I think we will see some ritualistic things that take place and will not just be butchering the people and eating them like livestock.

When they entered the room with the candles I half expected Joe Carroll (The Following) to come walking out.

I liked the show for the most part but not the season. I do think that next season is set up very nice right now. I really like the BA version of Rick that seems to be developing. He was getting on my nerves. The first couple of shows need to be good ones for me next season or I might lose interest completely.

Terminus is a train depot/yard of some sort.

Season 4 was good. Not great, not bad. Season 5 has a great set-up.

My favorite parts of season 4 were the Governors episodes. And of course the shocking episode we saw a few weeks back.

Overall Season 4 grade B-

just watched last weeks episode and im pretty much hoping each episode glenn gets killed.. guy is annoying and a waste of screen time. take your garbage love story somewhere else
He's more valuable to the show than Rick
No way. I don't like the Rick character much, or the acting, but Glenn has become the least valuable character left. No intrigue (like the mullet scientist and his group) and no interesting character development or backstory. All they used him for in the last half of the season was his love of Maggie. Now that they are back together I hope they get off that. Rick's change over time is, for better or worse, the hinge point of the show.

Because Carol and Tyreese never met up with the rest of the group, we don't know what time frame their scenes were in. Its possible their scenes were actually a flash forward to events of next season, and the burning smoke is actually Terminus in a war with Rick's group. Or maybe its the smoke monster.

I liked it too. Maybe some of you people should stop watching
Seems now days people want all questions answered with a nice bow on it..

If they had ended it with all of them sitting around singing, laughing and having a good old time they'd be in here :rant: also..

I liked it too. Maybe some of you people should stop watching
I will definitely stop watching. The last two seasons have been a total disaster. I really liked the first two seasons. After the horrible third season, I decided to give it one more chance. Wrong decision.

Horrible acting, horrible writing.
See you next season :bye:

He's more valuable to the show than Rick
No way. I don't like the Rick character much, or the acting, but Glenn has become the least valuable character left. No intrigue (like the mullet scientist and his group) and no interesting character development or backstory. All they used him for in the last half of the season was his love of Maggie. Now that they are back together I hope they get off that.Rick's change over time is, for better or worse, the hinge point of the show.
Yep. This.

Glenn has a purpose but hardly the driving force of the show.

Terminus is a train depot/yard of some sort.

Season 4 was good. Not great, not bad. Season 5 has a great set-up.

My favorite parts of season 4 were the Governors episodes. And of course the shocking episode we saw a few weeks back.

Overall Season 4 grade B-
Definitely not great. There were a lot of lousy episodes and the whole season felt really choppy. Breaking this show up into two half-seasons really sucks IMO. I'm also not a fan of ending seasons or half-seasons with cliff-hangers. By the time the show starts up again, I've forgotten what was going on and I don't care as much. Better to finish a story-line and pick up a new one in the fall.

That said, at least this season ended with a few good episodes strung together. That's hopeful.

I wonder how the bag of buried weapons will come into play
I'm going with... Carol and Tyreese will sneak in, find out from Rick and the group where the weapons are and use them to bust them out. Only 6 Months to wait :popcorn:
So they'll bust in, then bust out.

Then bust back in, then bust everyone out.
:shrug: just guessing..

Seeing as the fence line is right by the Rail Car.. It is possible Carol & Tyreese were already close when they heard all the gun fire.. They come in behind and see all the guys lined up at the fence and hear Rick yelling abut Carl..

They now hide out until things settle down, Carol sneaks in through the fence, talks to the group through the car, Rick tells them where they hid the weapons, they take out the lookout people outside the fence, sneak back in and rescue the group..

we have 6 months to guess what happens next. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with... Carol and Tyreese will sneak in, find out from Rick and the group where the weapons are and use them to bust them out. Only 6 Months to wait :popcorn:

Seeing as the fence line is right by the Rail Car.. It is possible Carol & Tyreese were already close when they heard all the gun fire.. They come in behind and see all the guys lined up at the fence and hear Rick yelling abut Carl..

They now hide out until things settle down, Carol sneaks in through the fence, talks to the group through the car, Rick tells them where they hid the weapons, they take out the lookout people outside the fence, sneak back in and rescue the group..

I think it would be borderline impossible to accurately describe to someone where they buried the weapons. The rail car wasnt locked if I remember correctly.

What was the deal with them going one at a time?

I watched the first few episodes from this season and stopped watching. Came here for the cliff notes version and I am glad I didn't waste the evenings watching. Keep the good info coming here though :)

I watched the first few episodes from this season and stopped watching. Came here for the cliff notes version and I am glad I didn't waste the evenings watching. Keep the good info coming here though :)
As someone recommended a few episodes ago, watch it as complete background noise and just go with it then the show is kindof watchable. The plot holes, crappy dialogue and characters dont really stand out as much.

I think it would be borderline impossible to accurately describe to someone where they buried the weapons. The rail car wasnt locked if I remember correctly.

yea, was a little :confused: at first.. But seeing as they didn't want all dead at once in fear of spoilage, by separating them if one got out of line then they could kill one of them to send a message. :shrug:

True on describing where they hid the weapons.. thinking back to how easy it was for Rick and his group to jump the fence and walk into the building I don't think they'd need the weapons..

Just open the Rail car door at night and walk them out ;)

yea, was a little :confused: at first.. But seeing as they didn't want all dead at once in fear of spoilage, by separating them if one got out of line then they could kill one of them to send a message. :shrug:

True on describing where they hid the weapons.. thinking back to how easy it was for Rick and his group to jump the fence and walk into the building I don't think they'd need the weapons..

I just assumed the "one at a time" thing was a way for the Terminus group to exert dominance / show that they're in control and as a way for the writers to demonstrate that the new group is orderly and disciplined (in contrast to the thugs who just go around "claiming" stuff).

Describing where the weapons are would fall under suspension of disbelief if it came to that. No problems there IMO.

I just assumed the "one at a time" thing was a way for the Terminus group to exert dominance / show that they're in control and as a way for the writers to demonstrate that the new group is orderly and disciplined (in contrast to the thugs who just go around "claiming" stuff).

Describing where the weapons are would fall under suspension of disbelief if it came to that. No problems there IMO.
Actually, I think finding the weapons would be really easy. They know which side they came in on and all you have to do is look X feet from the fence for an area that looks freshly dug up. Rick didn't cover it with leaves and such, they just didn't want someone walking along the fence to see a big blue bag sitting there. I would think Carol/Tyrese could easily find it if Rick says that it is 15 feet or so from the fence near the East side (or as we walked up from the right side of the train tracks). You can suspend disbelief, but I don't see any issue with finding a freshly buried bag with even vague directions. I think Rick did it near a big tree as well, so again markers he could describe. It might not take 5 seconds, but they would have a little time.

I liked the episode and I'm looking forward to October for it to continue.

I liked that they spent a couple of minutes with Michonne talking to Carl so we didn't have another few episodes of Carl hating Rick. Same with when Carl told the guy "YES" when asked if the other guy deserved it. Rick gave him a look like "phew, thank you, Carl and me are ok". And we can all move on and not have to watch another crappy story line of Carl and Rick.

My thoughts...

I agree with this thought. That room looked like a shrine and it even said not to trust people on the walls. It probably was a sanctuary at one time and then got taken over.

Not overly impressed with the finale. Seems they wasted alot of time with the flashbacks with the son. Not sure where they were going there.

Rick and his group were railroaded into that train car and then he's got the balls to say "they don't know who they're messing with". I mean, come on Rick, you just got totally played.

Speaking of railroaded, did that guy do Carl in the caboose?

Another waste of time. That guy screaming for help. Not just the fact that he screamed (although maybe he was with another party), but the fact that he had a clean lane to run into the woods. Guess they wanted a clean camera angle to show the guy, but he wasn't even fully surrounded yet.

Anyway, enough of the gripes. Can't wait for the resumption of the show.

This whole episode was about showing us how/why Rick put down his gun and became a farmer but in the end turned back into a badass who will do anything to protect his family and group. I think the flashbacks worked. It was Hershel who talked Rick into farming the prison yard. Rick didn't turn soft, he saw Carl getting too close to wanting to be a badass with a gun (he was cleaning his gun instead of "being a kid" like the other teen). At that moment, Rick made his decision to go with Hershel's plan.

But when the chips are down, Rick is a badass, as demonstrated with the scene with the "claimed" group.

Also liked the dialog in the box car when Abraham showed signs of giving up. Here is a mission-oriented soldier who basically says they aren't going to make it. Rick steps up and says no, not today. Sort of like Wyatt Earp in the river shooting scene in Tombstone. IOW, no, we aren't going down like that. They've ####ed with the wrong people.

I love the Rick transformation and expect him to take care of business from now on.

Oh and the Sandusky rape scene was just a little over the top IMO. We get it the dudes are bad no need to imply they are going to rape a kid.
You don't think he went off the handle when he ripped a guys throat out with his teeth?!

Observation 1: I think Terminus intentionally feed people when they come in so they can drug them, and then do what they want with them. That is probably how Maggie's group ended up in the boxcar. Rick's group would have ended up there the same way except Rick recognized riot gear/pancho/watch and started the confrontation.

Observation 2: People are going to turn into walkers when they die. Walkers are your enemy. By killing people and eating them you are feeding yourself and you are getting rid of future enemies. F'd up, but not the worst possible mode of existence in the zombie apocalypse

Hope for next season: Tyrese is really a former train engineer and once he and Carol finds out Terminus is bad and has their friends, he goes and finds a big old train and comes full speed into Terminus taking out all the bad guys.

Those who arrive, live for season five.

Go to the top of that ridge, look for freshly churned dirt.....?

Observation 1: I think Terminus intentionally feed people when they come in so they can drug them, and then do what they want with them. That is probably how Maggie's group ended up in the boxcar. Rick's group would have ended up there the same way except Rick recognized riot gear/pancho/watch and started the confrontation.

Observation 2: People are going to turn into walkers when they die. Walkers are your enemy. By killing people and eating them you are feeding yourself and you are getting rid of future enemies. F'd up, but not the worst possible mode of existence in the zombie apocalypse

Hope for next season: Tyrese is really a former train engineer and once he and Carol finds out Terminus is bad and has their friends, he goes and finds a big old train and comes full speed into Terminus taking out all the bad guys.

Observation 1: Exactly. That's how I see it too. The termites had to improvise when Rick jumped the BBQ pit. They chose to herd them into the car, which is also why they filmed Rick showing Carl how the rabbit snare worked earlier in the episode. Only thing, I thought they wasted way too many bullets shooting the ground. But I guess we figure they are gaining weapons, etc, as people come to terminus.

Given this, wouldn't putting all the "prisoners" of Terminus in a rail car be a bad idea (having taken all of their weapons)? If one should die for any reason, they would turn, and it would get a little interesting in there with no where to go. Should one die/turn in their sleep....it could easily take them all out.

Thought the same exact thing for observation 1. Figured they drugged the first group. That would also explain why Rick couldn't bide his time after seeing the watch. They could have said they had just eaten, but it wouldn't have played out well.

You don't think he went off the handle when he ripped a guys throat out with his teeth?!
No. His life and the life of people he loves was about to end. He did what he had to do.

The episode was really put together well. The items Rick recognizes are recalled in the flash backs. The rabbit snare path/trail thing correlates with the gammut Rick and Co get run through. Rick started off season 3 as a pansy and now we know why, and now he's dark and badass because some hefty redneck tried to go Deliverance on his kid, and we know why.

Good episode.

Oh, and much like the rabbit snare was to trap food, so was the one Rick and Co ran through. Terminus is eating people, its not up for debate.

Users who are viewing this thread