What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Terminus looks like a military facility in a way. Huge hanger type buildings and a fence around all of it. I figure the Terminus folks had eyes on Rick's group the whole time, they just seem way too organized to me not to. I think we will see some ritualistic things that take place and will not just be butchering the people and eating them like livestock.

When they entered the room with the candles I half expected Joe Carroll (The Following) to come walking out.

I liked the show for the most part but not the season. I do think that next season is set up very nice right now. I really like the BA version of Rick that seems to be developing. He was getting on my nerves. The first couple of shows need to be good ones for me next season or I might lose interest completely.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Observation 1: I think Terminus intentionally feed people when they come in so they can drug them, and then do what they want with them. That is probably how Maggie's group ended up in the boxcar. Rick's group would have ended up there the same way except Rick recognized riot gear/pancho/watch and started the confrontation.

Observation 2: People are going to turn into walkers when they die. Walkers are your enemy. By killing people and eating them you are feeding yourself and you are getting rid of future enemies. F'd up, but not the worst possible mode of existence in the zombie apocalypse

Hope for next season: Tyrese is really a former train engineer and once he and Carol finds out Terminus is bad and has their friends, he goes and finds a big old train and comes full speed into Terminus taking out all the bad guys.

Those who arrive, live for season five.
Wouldnt eating people turn you into a zombie?

Other random thought. Wouldnt a LIVE person biting you turn you into a zombie? What it is about the person actually having to be dead to magically bite someone and "turn" them?

I know I know.............it's all fiction

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole episode was about showing us how/why Rick put down his gun and became a farmer but in the end turned back into a badass who will do anything to protect his family and group. I think the flashbacks worked. It was Hershel who talked Rick into farming the prison yard. Rick didn't turn soft, he saw Carl getting too close to wanting to be a badass with a gun (he was cleaning his gun instead of "being a kid" like the other teen). At that moment, Rick made his decision to go with Hershel's plan.

But when the chips are down, Rick is a badass, as demonstrated with the scene with the "claimed" group.

Also liked the dialog in the box car when Abraham showed signs of giving up. Here is a mission-oriented soldier who basically says they aren't going to make it. Rick steps up and says no, not today. Sort of like Wyatt Earp in the river shooting scene in Tombstone. IOW, no, we aren't going down like that. They've ####ed with the wrong people.

I love the Rick transformation and expect him to take care of business from now on.
:goodposting:

I think Rick may have went off the handle when he grabbed that dude with the watch knowing that Daryl only had a crossbow (still daryl, really?), Michonne with her sword and lil carl with a pistol. Not exactly good fighting odds.

Also did they take the redneck group weapons and bury them. I was only halfway watching or did they bury something else?

Oh and the Sandusky rape scene was just a little over the top IMO. We get it the dudes are bad no need to imply they are going to rape a kid.
You don't think he went off the handle when he ripped a guys throat out with his teeth?!
No. His life and the life of people he loves was about to end. He did what he had to do.
It was the same thing. He knew they were in immediate danger.

I don't get the cannibal belief. "The world just became zombies, maybe we should eat people!" Kind of a stretch, no? It seems like there's enough animals around, no need to resort to eating humans.

This whole episode was about showing us how/why Rick put down his gun and became a farmer but in the end turned back into a badass who will do anything to protect his family and group. I think the flashbacks worked. It was Hershel who talked Rick into farming the prison yard. Rick didn't turn soft, he saw Carl getting too close to wanting to be a badass with a gun (he was cleaning his gun instead of "being a kid" like the other teen). At that moment, Rick made his decision to go with Hershel's plan.

But when the chips are down, Rick is a badass, as demonstrated with the scene with the "claimed" group.

Also liked the dialog in the box car when Abraham showed signs of giving up. Here is a mission-oriented soldier who basically says they aren't going to make it. Rick steps up and says no, not today. Sort of like Wyatt Earp in the river shooting scene in Tombstone. IOW, no, we aren't going down like that. They've ####ed with the wrong people.

I love the Rick transformation and expect him to take care of business from now on.
What keeps me interested is what I've mentioned before- the study of humanity in the face of literal inhumanity.

Herschel makes Rick realzie that there should be more to their lives than just moment-to-moment survival of the fittest, and gives the farming as a way of creating more of a future.

I thought the writing in this one was interesting- Karl's questioning about who they are at the beginning in particular. Also thought that the comments about "all we're talking about is food" drew the parallel between themselves and walkers pretty well.

Yeah- Rick has to turn back into a badass and we'll see how this plays out on the collective consciousness of the group (already seem to have understood it as necessary action and forgiven).

COuple of other thoughts:

- The Terminus leader, right before the shooting starts, says somethign along the lines of "they can't trust us now". I assume this means that a line has been crossed and there won't be any melding ofthe groups as someobdy else in here mentioned. That, and the massive pile of human remains.

- For a post-apocolyptci world short of supplies, there wasn't another way of getting them subdued besides shooting hundreds of rounds of ammo to herd them somehwere and burning hundreds of candles?

- I like how Rick knocks the food out of Karl's hands, unknowingly absolving him and the rest of them from being cannibals.

- So when Tyrese and Carol come in and save them- is the plan to toss Judith at the first guard and let her take him out?

- When they showed the powdered milk, I had the same thought about fattening them up (I was thinking more along the lines of "it puts the lotion in the basket", but veal or foie-gras works too).

- And how come- there were a billion walkers constantly bumping into the fences at the Prison, but here- despite 8thousand gun shots, cooking flesh and screams- bupkis?

I don't get the cannibal belief. "The world just became zombies, maybe we should eat people!" Kind of a stretch, no? It seems like there's enough animals around, no need to resort to eating humans.
But there aren't enough animals around to support any kind of significant settlement of people. The show has told us that a bunch of times over the years.

And besides, I think there's a rule that every post-apocalyptic saga has to include at least one group of survivors that turned to cannibalism. Terminus just checks off that box. Then they can move onto to the inevitable zombie-baby.

Observation 1: I think Terminus intentionally feed people when they come in so they can drug them, and then do what they want with them. That is probably how Maggie's group ended up in the boxcar. Rick's group would have ended up there the same way except Rick recognized riot gear/pancho/watch and started the confrontation.

Observation 2: People are going to turn into walkers when they die. Walkers are your enemy. By killing people and eating them you are feeding yourself and you are getting rid of future enemies. F'd up, but not the worst possible mode of existence in the zombie apocalypse

Hope for next season: Tyrese is really a former train engineer and once he and Carol finds out Terminus is bad and has their friends, he goes and finds a big old train and comes full speed into Terminus taking out all the bad guys.

Those who arrive, live for season five.
Wouldnt eating people turn you into a zombie?

Other random thought. Wouldnt a LIVE person biting you turn you into a zombie? What it is about the person actually having to be dead to magically bite someone and "turn" them?

I know I know.............it's all fiction
It's ok as long as you cook them to an internal temperature of 165 degrees...

But there aren't enough animals around to support any kind of significant settlement of people. The show has told us that a bunch of times over the years.

And besides, I think there's a rule that every post-apocalyptic saga has to include at least one group of survivors that turned to cannibalism. Terminus just checks off that box. Then they can move onto to the inevitable zombie-baby.
I'm guessing animals still out number people.

Hasnt it been a few YEARS though? I would imagine the human population would have died off just like the animal population if they just eat whatever comes their way.

Even with all the signs and stuff leading people to them. After that amount of time, you would think basically nobody would have come their way for over a year by now.

A few good prior comments about Rick getting to be BA Rick again as well as the drugging.

A couple more observations on the makeup of how the groups were split up, have just now met up, and how all signs point to MAJOR action from the beginning next season:

- In order to facilitate the show leading to a major battle in Terminus, it would be more problematic if the young ones were there. Carol, Tyrese and the baby being the only ones not to have met up with the group makes sense from that angle (as well as exploring the Carol/Tyrese tension avenue) and I agree with the poster who pointed out earlier that their timeline doesn't have to be the same as everyone else. The smoke was pointed out at least a couple times in that episode without being explained (iirc) -- the smoke could indeed be the battle at Terminus, after which the whole group meets up again.

- Rick being BA Rick with Joe was a key scene, and may never have happened that way if Beth was still there -- Rick/Michonne needed someone like Daryl to help take out the group. If Beth hadn't gotten separated from Daryl, Joe's crew would have done bad things to her -- it was good that she wasn't there.

- I'm guessing BBQer in Terminus is the one that took Beth. That home was too clean/dainty (she's the only Terminus women so far that got any real camera time), and also doubled as a mortuary/graveyard. I'm guessing BBQer ran the mortuary so knows human anatomy, etc. (she has no problems gutting bodies and/or BBQing them), and that we eventually find Beth in one of those other rails cars where the help screams were coming from.

-

True, but in a real apocalypse, what would be better? Scraping by on pathetical scraps of whatever rabbit you happen to snare? Or feasting on Short Round Tartare?

I would say probably not. The walkers are eating the animals also.

And remember, they would need animals in their area. Not like they can travel hundreds of miles when nobody is making gas anymore.

What it is about the person actually having to be deal to magically bite someone and "turn" them?
wat?
What?
Deal or no deal? If you mean dead, people turn when they die unless the brain is destroyed, regardless of how they die. I think they revealed that being bitten only speeds up the death process. So I believe that Joe would have turned too since Rick killed him by means other than shooting/stabbing him in the brain. The other guy wouldn't turn because Michonne shot him in the head. The guy Rick stabbed would have turned. I guess we can assume that they stabbed their brains afterwards and threw their bodies off the road, since Rick and Daryl sat beside the truck after everything went down.

I like Rick's transformation, but I think that's mostly because mopey Rick just sucked to watch and carotid artery biting Rick is simply more interesting.

I question Rick's motivation for even going to Terminus, if this is all about his transformation.

So, he's giving up on the farming, living as a peaceful community utopian ideals from Herschel? So, what is the point of going to a place like Terminus. At best, it's the realization of the notion you are rejecting. At worst, it turns out like every group of people you've met a long the way and it's dumb to enter.

I like pissed off Rick. I'm just sure what he's doing makes any sense.

Though, I know they had to bust into the entirely too peaceful compound without fully scoping it out because doing the smart thing doesn't lead to great TV drama.

What it is about the person actually having to be deal to magically bite someone and "turn" them?
wat?
What?
Deal or no deal? If you mean dead, people turn when they die unless the brain is destroyed, regardless of how they die. I think they revealed that being bitten only speeds up the death process. So I believe that Joe would have turned too since Rick killed him by means other than shooting/stabbing him in the brain. The other guy wouldn't turn because Michonne shot him in the head. The guy Rick stabbed would have turned. I guess we can assume that they stabbed their brains afterwards and threw their bodies off the road, since Rick and Daryl sat beside the truck after everything went down.
I am talking about how the bites kill people. When the walkers bite people, they die somewhat quickly...................why? Why would a walker biting someone have that effect, but not a living person.

Haha, even better question. What if a walker bites someone, and the that person who is still alive bites someone..............................hmmmm :nerd: :nerd:

wat?
What?
I am talking about how the bites kill people. When the walkers bite people, they die somewhat quickly...................why? Why would a walker biting someone have that effect, but not a living person.

Haha, even better question. What if a walker bites someone, and the that person who is still alive bites someone..............................hmmmm :nerd: :nerd:
It doesn't kill them instantly. They bleed out just like Joe bled out when Rick bit him. The man at the railroad track that told Tyresse to take the girls to terminus, he was bitten but didn't die immediately, but it was just a matter of time because he was bleeding out from his neck/shoulder.

Hershel was bitten by a walker at the prison, but they caught it and cut off his leg before he bled out. So he lived.

How did rick headbutt joe when rick was on his knees and joe was standing up?
He was leaning over and had his head close to Rick's. I had to watch it again at 11:00 because I was trying to figure out how Rick hurt him.

I like Rick's transformation, but I think that's mostly because mopey Rick just sucked to watch and carotid artery biting Rick is simply more interesting.

I question Rick's motivation for even going to Terminus, if this is all about his transformation.

So, he's giving up on the farming, living as a peaceful community utopian ideals from Herschel? So, what is the point of going to a place like Terminus. At best, it's the realization of the notion you are rejecting. At worst, it turns out like every group of people you've met a long the way and it's dumb to enter.

I like pissed off Rick. I'm just sure what he's doing makes any sense.

Though, I know they had to bust into the entirely too peaceful compound without fully scoping it out because doing the smart thing doesn't lead to great TV drama.
I think Rick just wants Carl safe. If terminus can provide that then that is fine with him. He may not go back to being a farmer and may have realized he is best utilized as a protector. Either way, I don't think he is going to let down his guard any more when the safety of his people are threatened. So he went into terminus cautiously optimistic. If they prove friendly, he'll welcome it. If not, he will be ready to take action.

My complaint on that is why jump the fence and go into the compound? Why not camp there and watch for a couple of days. They would have spotted the guys on the roof by then and could make a better imformed decision. But that shows us that Rick's character is still flawed. He wants to do the right thing, but he is sometimes impetuous.

What keeps me interested is what I've mentioned before- the study of humanity in the face of literal inhumanity.

Herschel makes Rick realzie that there should be more to their lives than just moment-to-moment survival of the fittest, and gives the farming as a way of creating more of a future.

I thought the writing in this one was interesting- Karl's questioning about who they are at the beginning in particular. Also thought that the comments about "all we're talking about is food" drew the parallel between themselves and walkers pretty well.

Yeah- Rick has to turn back into a badass and we'll see how this plays out on the collective consciousness of the group (already seem to have understood it as necessary action and forgiven).

COuple of other thoughts:

- The Terminus leader, right before the shooting starts, says somethign along the lines of "they can't trust us now". I assume this means that a line has been crossed and there won't be any melding ofthe groups as someobdy else in here mentioned. That, and the massive pile of human remains.

- For a post-apocolyptci world short of supplies, there wasn't another way of getting them subdued besides shooting hundreds of rounds of ammo to herd them somehwere and burning hundreds of candles?

- I like how Rick knocks the food out of Karl's hands, unknowingly absolving him and the rest of them from being cannibals.

- So when Tyrese and Carol come in and save them- is the plan to toss Judith at the first guard and let her take him out?

- When they showed the powdered milk, I had the same thought about fattening them up (I was thinking more along the lines of "it puts the lotion in the basket", but veal or foie-gras works too).

- And how come- there were a billion walkers constantly bumping into the fences at the Prison, but here- despite 8thousand gun shots, cooking flesh and screams- bupkis?
In regards to the Bold part.. As someone mentioned above.. The food was probably drugged, explaining how Maggie, Glenn and the rest were herded into the car..

Once Rick knocked the food out of the hands, the "jig was up" and Plan 2 had to go into affect. . :shrug:

In a world where no one is making new bullets, the folks at Terminus sure like to use a whole lot of them just to herd some people.
We don't know this. I have friends that make their own bullets and shotgun shells now, why wouldn't that continue?

Possible antidote, perhaps? Don't you make venomous snake bite anti-vemon from, well, venomous snake venom?

1. Yes, good posting. I like the writing too. Hershel and the farming to look into the future of their survival. Carol doing what needs to be done to protect lives. Tyrese forgiving Carol after seeing what she did to Lizzie.. he realized Carol didn't want to do it, she had to. So in the case of his girlfriend, he knows Carol's intentions were good. He told Carol that the events were "with her and a part of her now." That is enough "punishment" for him. Rick goes berserk when life is threatened.

Daryl realizes he liked his new life with the group better than his old, when he was influenced by Merle. Merle would have fit right in with Joe's group. Daryl wanted a better life. And he won against his prior instincts to be a terrible person like Merle and Joe. In the same way, Michonne was pulled back into humanity by Andrea and Rick's group. She was pissed at how her child died by her drug addicted boyfriend, so she was angry and lived with it suppressed. Now she sees a better life with the group. IMO, the flashbacks show us these character developments and enhance the show.

We've also learned that the walkers are not nearly the threat that humans with guns and inhumane attitudes turn out to be. The zombie outbreak is a side story to what actually happens when humans go into survival mode with a total lack of law or order in place. People make their own rules. Joe's code was claim it and it is yours, which is the opposite of the main groups idea of sharing everything (Carl even says this to Michonne when he won the bet for the candy bar).

Some hate the writing, I think it is very good.

2. We were talking about the lack of walkers at the gates last night. Not sure what that is all about.

My complaint on that is why jump the fence and go into the compound? Why not camp there and watch for a couple of days. They would have spotted the guys on the roof by then and could make a better imformed decision. But that shows us that Rick's character is still flawed. He wants to do the right thing, but he is sometimes impetuous.
That's Rick from the comic book.

Hasnt it been a few YEARS though? I would imagine the human population would have died off just like the animal population if they just eat whatever comes their way.

Even with all the signs and stuff leading people to them. After that amount of time, you would think basically nobody would have come their way for over a year by now.
They are also growing food and likely hunting animals as well. Just because you're a cannibal it doesn't mean you have to subsist solely on people.

A couple more observations on the makeup of how the groups were split up, have just now met up, and how all signs point to MAJOR action from the beginning next season:
Yeah, sure. I expect a few talking episodes before the action breaks out.

That's Rick from the comic book
They also made a point earlier in the episode alluding to the fact that they were running out of/had run out of food, and that was before Darryl showed up.

One more mouth to feed, probably low on everything, potentially just a handful of yards from not having to worry about it any more. It's pretty plausible that they just decided to take a shot without waiting longer, given circumstances.

Of course, you could also argue that they could've scavenged more food/supplies from the "claimers" after the offed 'em, but....yeah.

The more I think about it, the less I think that Terminus is Cannibal Central.

I think it's way too obvious that's what we're supposed to think.

I get a very military/organized vibe from the way the guy was operating. He was very precise in how he dealt with Rick. I suppose that doesn't do anything to rule out cannibalism, but with a well-organized and supplied and "walker" secure facility, I would think you could do better than cannibalism. As a railyard, there could have been significant quantity of supplies in container cars there.

Given this, wouldn't putting all the "prisoners" of Terminus in a rail car be a bad idea (having taken all of their weapons)? If one should die for any reason, they would turn, and it would get a little interesting in there with no where to go. Should one die/turn in their sleep....it could easily take them all out.
Good point. I didn't say all the terminus guys had mullets (i.e. rocket scientists)

Here's a question: Does walker meat from a walker turned within the last day or so taste the same as dead-human-not-turned-walker-yet meat?

The more I think about it, the less I think that Terminus is Cannibal Central.

I think it's way too obvious that's what we're supposed to think.

I get a very military/organized vibe from the way the guy was operating. He was very precise in how he dealt with Rick. I suppose that doesn't do anything to rule out cannibalism, but with a well-organized and supplied and "walker" secure facility, I would think you could do better than cannibalism. As a railyard, there could have been significant quantity of supplies in container cars there.
If true then why are they advertising 'sanctuary' only to immediately lock everyone up in a train car?

Am I the only one who saw the fresh (non decayed flesh) human bones on the ground as Rick and the crew are running through Terminus?

It's the cannibals no doubt about it.

For the comic readers

I don't recall them being put into the train cars, what's that about? I know they're all fine at Terminus but wasn't sure why they took this approach
Because they aren't following the comic? :shrug:
In the comics the guy who ended up talking to Rick before #### hit the fan follows them for a while and determines that they are "good people". I think this is what theyre doing by putting them in the train cars

For the comic readers

I don't recall them being put into the train cars, what's that about? I know they're all fine at Terminus but wasn't sure why they took this approach
Because they aren't following the comic? :shrug:
[spopiler]In the comics the guy who ended up talking to Rick before #### hit the fan follows them for a while and determines that they are "good people". I think this is what theyre doing by putting them in the train cars
they won't have to follow them very far

Coworker says he thought he heard "help"s coming from some of the rail cars when the group was being herded through Terminus by the bullets. Gonna have to watch that part again.

Users who are viewing this thread