What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

What it is about the person actually having to be deal to magically bite someone and "turn" them?
wat?
What?
Have we actually seen someone get bit and turn? Typically, when someone gets bit, they get eaten and are dead before having the chance to turn. Getting bitten you're far more in danger of getting eaten then turning.
Quite a few have. Andrea for instance. Or did she shoot herself before turning?

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I think about it, the less I think that Terminus is Cannibal Central.

I think it's way too obvious that's what we're supposed to think.

I get a very military/organized vibe from the way the guy was operating. He was very precise in how he dealt with Rick. I suppose that doesn't do anything to rule out cannibalism, but with a well-organized and supplied and "walker" secure facility, I would think you could do better than cannibalism. As a railyard, there could have been significant quantity of supplies in container cars there.
I'm inclined to agree. Cannibalism just doesn't seem right for that type of organization. Someone above mentioned antidote, which is interesting. There may be a scientist there searching for a cure and they need involuntary volunteers to do the research on. Seems they'd love to have Judith.

When they were running from the bullets there were lots of box car containers stacked that appeared to have people inside yelling for help. Perhaps the food is drugged but with test antidotes. People they gather eat and they have to wait for a week before they can test the effects. Ricks group didn't eat so maybe they're in for a different fate before they escape.

It's possible the compound has good intentions but Rick's group will end up destroying their research, etc. After all, this show gives us lots of ups and downs where the group is happy and surviving (farming at prison for awhile... Carol, Tyrese and girls safe at the house with the water well, etc.) only to have that sense of safety ripped from us by some terrible event. In this case maybe it is Rick who screws the pooch and messes up the progress. Just spitballing.

I get a very military/organized vibe from the way the guy was operating. He was very precise in how he dealt with Rick. I suppose that doesn't do anything to rule out cannibalism, but with a well-organized and supplied and "walker" secure facility, I would think you could do better than cannibalism. As a railyard, there could have been significant quantity of supplies in container cars there.
I'm inclined to agree. Cannibalism just doesn't seem right for that type of organization. Someone above mentioned antidote, which is interesting. There may be a scientist there searching for a cure and they need involuntary volunteers to do the research on. Seems they'd love to have Judith.

When they were running from the bullets there were lots of box car containers stacked that appeared to have people inside yelling for help. Perhaps the food is drugged but with test antidotes. People they gather eat and they have to wait for a week before they can test the effects. Ricks group didn't eat so maybe they're in for a different fate before they escape.

It's possible the compound has good intentions but Rick's group will end up destroying their research, etc. After all, this show gives us lots of ups and downs where the group is happy and surviving (farming at prison for awhile... Carol, Tyrese and girls safe at the house with the water well, etc.) only to have that sense of safety ripped from us by some terrible event. In this case maybe it is Rick who screws the pooch and messes up the progress. Just spitballing.
Good stuff.

This is my thought, as well.

Maybe they just eat the ones that refuse to be taken alive. Of course, you gotta chop their head off quickly before they get up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good intentions yet they steal all their stuff?

My question is ....are the group of termites outside the fence with guns always outside the fence?If so how did Rick and his group get by them? If they are always out there maybe thats why they dont have walkers hanging around the fences.

Good intentions yet they steal all their stuff?
Good point.

Didn't the leader tell the guy Rick had at the BBQ grill to shut up? or am I thinking of something else. They're certainly hiding something, and it could be cannabilism... we can't rule that out, it just seems off a bit IMO.

Michonne: Why do you do it? Why do you let people in?

Alex: When people become part of us, we get stronger.

:popcorn:

What it is about the person actually having to be deal to magically bite someone and "turn" them?
wat?
What?
Have we actually seen someone get bit and turn? Typically, when someone gets bit, they get eaten and are dead before having the chance to turn. Getting bitten you're far more in danger of getting eaten then turning.
Quite a few have. Andrea for instance. Or did she shoot herself before turning?
Just mean that typically, they are zombie lunch rather than turning. Or they are Herschel and get their leg chopped off.

Agree with those that really liked it, much better finale than last years. Although I was sort of expecting more of an “OMG” moment at the very end, I did like Rick’s show of confidence there. As they pointed out on Talking Dead, Rick has no reason to be confident in that situation but it just shows how the confrontation with Joe’s group has finally gotten him to accept that part of him capable of doing horrible things in order to survive and no longer being conflicted. Talking Dead was very good this time, they had Andrew Lincoln on for the first time and the show runner Scott Gimple(sp?) They provided a lot of insight into Rick and Carl and the episode. They talked about the flashbacks and how Rick has struggled with holding onto his humanity and yet still being able to do the brutal things necessary in order to survive and how he couldn’t reconcile the two until this point. And how much Carl had changed since the last season finale in that he didn’t even blink an eye at shooting that surrendering kid or think he did anything wrong to now struggling with the thoughts that “he is a monster too.” Before he couldn’t even recognize that what he had done killing that kid was wrong.

Other thoughts, also agree on the “Snare” they got caught up in at Terminus. The “A’s” on the doors and the obvious shot up nature of that first alleyway they ran down showed that this is all planned out by that group and have done this before many times. During that scene I even said out loud, they are herding them somewhere! An “A” is kind of a graphical representation of a snare if you think about it too, the /\ the funnel and the – the noose. There’s a number of ways it could have gone down with Glenn & Maggie’s group, drugged food seems obvious, or they could have just led them to some sleeping quarters and subdued them in their sleep. Possibly we will see a flashback of that happening or another group or Carol & Tyrese will come in and we will see them drugged, etc. My guess is the “Snare” trap was for those people that came in and were bad people or untrusting like Rick’s group and was plan “B,” drugging with the food or whatever was plan A. Good call on Abraham sounding defeated, he’s probably feeling pretty badly that he couldn’t convince the group to go to Washington with him now. When they were burying the bag of weapons my first thought was, “well I know we will be digging that up sometime next season.” I also agree with Rick that you had to go in, you couldn’t hide outside and watch for too long, a group that big would have seen or found you (they had a line about “I guess so and so is working perimeter duty today” meaning they should have seen Rick’s group coming.)

Also agree they are cannibals. The bones, the attempt to keep them alive instead of just easily gunning them down from the rooftop, as well as a lot of early talk in the episode with Rick & Michone about the need for food, the small rabbit and the symbolism of using the snare for the rabbits and the “snare” for people. My guess is that they have turned into a close knit group(cult) with a shrine to those they have lost and the painted reminders on the walls to only trust themselves and their group. Maybe they don’t eat everybody but try to convert a few people to their way of thinking to refill the ranks and then consume the rest.

Another fun, small detail, those that were complaining there weren’t enough defenses around the prison, did you see all the sharpened stakes around the fences of Terminus?

I still feel like the writers want the viewers to think they are cannibals. To make us think decisions through the same way that Rick and co. are scared. But something tells me these people will turn out to be good.

Am I the only one who saw the fresh (non decayed flesh) human bones on the ground as Rick and the crew are running through Terminus?

It's the cannibals no doubt about it.
If they are cannibals then leaving your meat out in the open under the hot sun seems a pretty stupid thing to do.

Am I the only one who saw the fresh (non decayed flesh) human bones on the ground as Rick and the crew are running through Terminus?

If they are cannibals then leaving your meat out in the open under the hot sun seems a pretty stupid thing to do.
Not sure about during a zombie apocalypse, but in the normal world I believe Indecent Exposure is a Class II felony.

I still feel like the writers want the viewers to think they are cannibals.

But something tells me these people will turn out to be good.
I can get on board with the bolded, and can understand the rationale for the rest....but I'm of the mind that it's going to be something more along the lines of "they feel their actions are positive/justifiable, but they're really some flavor of whacko."

Some kind of Heave's Gate/"Applewhite-ish" type thing; Attempt to attract new members(hence the signage/radio broadcasts), but for those who aren't tractable they do something to "remove them from the equation"....be it cannibalism, imprisonment in order to re-educate, "experimentation," whatever.

Not sure about during a zombie apocalypse, but in the normal world I believe Indecent Exposure is a Class II felony.
It's okay in the zombie apocalypse but you have to be careful that the wrong person doesn't claim your meat.

I can get on board with the bolded, and can understand the rationale for the rest....but I'm of the mind that it's going to be something more along the lines of "they feel their actions are positive/justifiable, but they're really some flavor of whacko."

Some kind of Heave's Gate/"Applewhite-ish" type thing; Attempt to attract new members(hence the signage/radio broadcasts), but for those who aren't tractable they do something to "remove them from the equation"....be it cannibalism, imprisonment in order to re-educate, "experimentation," whatever.
Yeah. I guess me calling them good may be wrong.

I think the only reason people think it's cannibals is because there were cannibals in the book and most all of the analysis pre arrival at TERMINUS hinted about there being cannibals. If there wasn't any mention of cannibals....the most sensible guesstimate would have been a bunch of Ivory Tower/hippie eggheads trying to cure the disease.

It's okay in the zombie apocalypse but you have to be careful that the wrong person doesn't claim your meat.
Or you claim the wrong meat like fat bald dude from Joe's group did.

IMO, if they are cannibals (ala the book) they've actually weakend the reasons as to why these people would be cannibals. A nice place like TERMINUS is, like the prison, a perfect place to start anew.

:lmao: at how terrible the Claimers are at killing people. They had at two guns pointed directly at two people, two guys beating the crap out of one person, and hillybilly boy holding a Bowie knife on a little kid. Yet they all still died. How they hell did they live that long in the first place?

That's reinforced by the Hershel/Rick farming moments and when Herschel says there's wild pigs out there.

Terminus is a train depot/yard of some sort.
WHAT!?!? You got a line on some insider information or something?
There were train tracks and everything. I follow trainspotting blogs.
Terminus also was the old name for Atlanta.

The history of Atlanta" dates back to 1836, when Georgia decided to build a railroad to the U.S. Midwest and a location was chosen to be the line's terminus. The stake marking the founding of "Terminus" was driven into the ground in 1837 (called the Zero Mile Post).

I think the only reason people think it's cannibals is because there were cannibals in the book and most all of the analysis pre arrival at TERMINUS hinted about there being cannibals. If there wasn't any mention of cannibals....the most sensible guesstimate would have been a bunch of Ivory Tower/hippie eggheads trying to cure the disease.
My wife watches the show and never read the comics and she thinks they're cannibals.

:lmao: at how terrible the Claimers are at killing people. They had at two guns pointed directly at two people, two guys beating the crap out of one person, and hillybilly boy holding a Bowie knife on a little kid. Yet they all still died. How they hell did they live that long in the first place?
I expected more from Joe.

My wife watches the show and never read the comics and she thinks they're cannibals.
It's been being popped that cannibals should be making an appearance on just about every website this season. I'm pretty sure they've said as much on Talking Dead at least once or twice.

It's been being popped that cannibals should be making an appearance on just about every website this season. I'm pretty sure they've said as much on Talking Dead at least once or twice.
:shrug:

Just saying...she doesn't read about the show, she barely tolerates it, and we don't watch Talking Dead. Nothing outside of the actual episodes influenced her guess as to what's going on.

Just saying...she doesn't read about the show, she barely tolerates it, and we don't watch Talking Dead. Nothing outside of the actual episodes influenced her guess as to what's going on.
I got you.

I think this supports my theory even more. If someone with no outside knowledge immediately believes they are cannibals, I'm thinking that this is something the writers want us to believe, while in fact it is not true.

I think this supports my theory even more. If someone with no outside knowledge immediately believes they are cannibals, I'm thinking that this is something the writers want us to believe, while in fact it is not true.
I'd like to actually believe that but I'll continue to think that the writers aren't that good and they are cannibals.

I don't think they leave out the cannibals though... that's a pretty good part of the book...AND IIRC, Rick more or less says the same thing in the book when they decide to go after the cannibals.

I don't feel like I'm spoiling anything here....but if I am, please let me know.

My question is ....are the group of termites outside the fence with guns always outside the fence?If so how did Rick and his group get by them? If they are always out there maybe thats why they dont have walkers hanging around the fences.
any ideas ?
Perhaps they saw them but let them in just like they had the gates open for Glenn's group.
the guys inside didnt seem to care for Rick and his crew getting the drop on them....but now that i think about it the guy inside said something about some dude must have been on guard duty and failed ...again

That is sort of what I am thinking as well, but the pile of bones was an interesting note as well as what Hulk said that the snare foreshadowing of the rabbit, which they would eat, was the same as the trap to the rail car. Also, the powdered milk to fatten them up.

I did say to my son that I thought the poncho/watch/riot gear was too obvious, so I was thinking it might be a test to see what type of people they are. I am guessing that Alex failed their own internal test and they got rid of him. Two points, 1) they aren't "good" people because they shot their own as part of the trap and 2) they are well stocked and way better at things than our guys.

That said, it sort of reminds me of The Others in Lost. They already knew a ton about the next visitors, probably from Maggie et al or have been trailing them (easy to have lookouts along the rail) and have far more supplies/weaponry than our guys (like the folks that crashed in Lost).

any ideas ?
Perhaps they saw them but let them in just like they had the gates open for Glenn's group.
the guys inside didnt seem to care for Rick and his crew getting the drop on them....but now that i think about it the guy inside said something about some dude must have been on guard duty and failed ...again
I think that is why they killed their own guy. He didn't "have it" like he said he did so they dropped him.

any ideas ?
I think that is why they killed their own guy. He didn't "have it" like he said he did so they dropped him.
And he seemd to know it was coming. like that is the groups m.o.

Users who are viewing this thread