What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

They spent an episode last season on Daryl/Beth bonding, I took a shot on Daryl sacrificing himself to save Beth.

None of us really see Carol dying any time soon (obviously).

I thought Tara #1 overall would be the pick that was commented on. Took me by surprise a little. Also, us who didn't draft Judith agreed AMC would not kill a baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
They spent an episode last season on Daryl/Beth bonding, I took a shot on Daryl sacrificing himself to save Beth.

I thought Tara #1 overall would be the pick that was commented on. Took me by surprise a little. Also, us who didn't draft Judith agreed AMC would not kill a baby.
I know, right? As a comic reader, I would have picked:

Did you really want to know?

Just drafted our 3 man dead pool skins game as the #2 pick, draft went:

1.01- Tara

1.02- Bob

1.03- Sasha

2.01- Tyreese

2.02- Rosita

2.03- Beth

3.01- Sgt. Abraham

3.02- Glenn

3.03- Maggie

4.01- Dr. Porter

4.02- Daryl

4.03- Morgan

5.01- Judith

5.02- Carol

5.03- Michonne

Bob, Rosita, Glenn, Daryl, Carol- time to die :thumbup:
Not allowed to die, ever.

I know, right? As a comic reader, I would have picked:

Did you really want to know?
:yes:

Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, so forgive me if it has. In the premier when they had Rick, Bob, and Glenn over the trough and killed 4 others, why didn't they turn? The killers only knocked them in the head with a bat and slit their throats. They didn't seem too concerned about them turning at all.
I'm starting to wondering if some of you even watch the show (sorry, it had to be said). Turning isn't instantaneous.
STARTING?

It's been going on forever. I remember vividly hundreds of pages ago people complaining about how Darryl has an endless supply of arrows on the farm and in that exact episode they had shown Darryl's tent and that he had been making more arrows. Or pages and pages of debate of "These people are idiots! Why dont they just go find a bulldozer and dig a moat around the prison?"

Has anybody explained why they had to actually go down in the flooded basement instead of trying to dispatch as many walkers from up above as possible?
I assume they didn't want the noise from gunshots to attract more walkers?

Although that didn't seem to bother the Terminus peeps who squeezed off about 300 rounds just to herd dinner (including future shish kaBob) into a train car.
This is what I assumed.. They figured they could use the shelves as shields and kill off the walkers safely.. And it worked fine until Preacher boy saw his woman and went all :loco: causing the team to abandon their plan to save his worthless A##.
You didn't need to shoot them. You just needed to get them within arm's or stick's reach of a sharp point. A chopped off broom handle would do the job handily. It would have taken maybe 10 minutes. Sharpen a stick, sit on the edge of a hole and taunt the walkers into stick range. Rinse, repeat. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it. It's what they did at the fence at the prison.

And how did they get down or up? Preacher collapsed the rotted stairs. What method allowed them all to get positioned behind their defensive line of shelves before the zombies saw them?

There was a whole lot of WTF in that scene.

It's like they tried to use the game of Mousetrap to catch a mouse rather than to just use a simple mousetrap.
Admittedly, the show contains a helluva lot of Rube Goldberg devices.....

http://www.rubegoldberg.com/
Easy explanation for this one though, floor was caved in and rotting and unstable. Even if you lay flat (broken ice on a pond style) and point a long spear down, no guarantee you can spear all the walkers in the head with enough force to kill without wasting the daylight away. Other options would be wasting precious ammo and drawing more attention, or hope Darryl can crossbow a dozen walkers (was he even with them?) You are going have to get in the water to get those supplies one way or another and there's no guarantee you would get them all cleared out ahead of time.

Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, so forgive me if it has. In the premier when they had Rick, Bob, and Glenn over the trough and killed 4 others, why didn't they turn? The killers only knocked them in the head with a bat and slit their throats. They didn't seem too concerned about them turning at all.
I'm starting to wondering if some of you even watch the show (sorry, it had to be said). Turning isn't instantaneous.
STARTING?

It's been going on forever. I remember vividly hundreds of pages ago people complaining about how Darryl has an endless supply of arrows on the farm and in that exact episode they had shown Darryl's tent and that he had been making more arrows. Or pages and pages of debate of "These people are idiots! Why dont they just go find a bulldozer and dig a moat around the prison?"
Darryl takes back the arrows after killing the walkers whenever possible.

But I do think its perfectly valid to question some of what they've written in this show, even the best of shows stretch the belief too far, but this last episode is just an easy one to explain away IMO.

Now last years season premiere with dozens of walkers moving around on a rotted out roof that conveniently collapsed just because Bob knocked over a shelf of booze... I got nothing there....

Was a cool visual though!

TenTimes said:

I could see Carol dying. She had a nice character arc that seems close to concluding. And she has already far outlasted all the other women from season one.

Funny. I think Judith at 5.01 is a steal.

That was gum chewer that was eating Bob's leg, right? Didn't Tyreese punch the #### out of his face in the previous episode? His face should have been all banged up. And it definitely has only been a day or two since they left Terminus cause you could still see the smoke from the blown up propane tank.
Tyreese's punches looked tough, but we all know he's a bit of a girly-man for all his size.
his face was messed up

Users who are viewing this thread