What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

packersfan said:
shadyridr said:
the moops said:
Wasnt there an extended preview that showed Rick and gang with Gareth and Terminus folk all getting along or am I misremembering?
Thats what I thought too. Tricky producers
So much for all the complaining that the season preview trailer spoiled everything. :)

Daryl sure looked messed up coming out of the woods.

Still love Rick and the machete with a red handle. How freakin awesome is Rick Grimes right now?
Ole Grimey is on point right now.

So, when will we see Maggie and Glen again? Did them leaving happen in the comics?

The show is going to go down hill fast if Maggie is not on screen.
possibility of 3 story tracks.1. Rick and his group

2. mullet man and his group

3. Beth

But I would guess, much like the quick end to the teriminus story line, the seperation will be short lived seeing how they followed the "seperate but together" storyline last year.

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to understand the rules for this universe, as the show doesnt seem to want to explain them.
Then you've missed rule #1:

Rule #1: Walker bites cause you to die and turn into a Walker

Rule #1a: If you are bitten on a limb and chop it off quickly enough, you can survive a walker bite.

Just trying to understand the rules for this universe, as the show doesnt seem to want to explain them.
It puts the viewer at the same level of the characters. They have to figure it out as they go.

They've clearly established that a bite leads to a relatively quick death. The bite doesn't turn you into a zombie, the latent "virus'" inside everyone does upon death.

This isn't rocket science, guys.

packersfan said:
I didn't watch The Talking Dead. For those who did, was Slash as bad as I expect him to be? The celebrity guests seem to be about 95% awful with a few exceptions.
I was surprised how fat he looked

It puts the viewer at the same level of the characters. They have to figure it out as they go.

They've clearly established that a bite leads to a relatively quick death. The bite doesn't turn you into a zombie, the latent "virus'" inside everyone does upon death.

Strange too considering we spent a couple pages on just this topic last week. Strangerer and strangerer

Strange too considering we spent a couple pages on just this topic last week. Strangerer and strangerer
Same conversation every week. Has to be shtick.

And its still as clear as mud.

Same conversation every week. Has to be shtick.
A stick? Like for poking? I don't get it.

packersfan said:
They also knew Daryl was gone. They had no real reason at all to fear anyone there although Martin probably told them Tyreese is kinda good at hitting but not killing.
great at digging holes and child care, too

I'm anxious to find out who is with Daryl when they showed him at the end. My guess is it was Beth and Carol is dead. I am thinking the "Beth scenes" we have seen on the previews will be flashbacks.
I don't think it was Beth or Carol in the woods with Daryl. IIRC, the way he talked to whoever it is..."Get out here" instead of "You can come out". He has a prisoner.
He didn't say "get out here" as if talking to a prisoner. He said "come on out" to whoever it was.

I'm anxious to find out who is with Daryl when they showed him at the end. My guess is it was Beth and Carol is dead. I am thinking the "Beth scenes" we have seen on the previews will be flashbacks.
I don't think it was Beth or Carol in the woods with Daryl. IIRC, the way he talked to whoever it is..."Get out here" instead of "You can come out". He has a prisoner.
He didn't say "get out here" as if talking to a prisoner. He said "come on out" to whoever it was.
Thought I'd remembered it that way but forgot to go back and check. Didn't sound like the way you'd call a prisoner out.

Thought I'd remembered it that way but forgot to go back and check. Didn't sound like the way you'd call a prisoner out.
IIRC, it was calling out to tell the person behind that it was safe to come out... that's the impression I got. But I'll let you guys rewatch it 10x and let us know the truth.

IIRC, it was calling out to tell the person behind that it was safe to come out... that's the impression I got. But I'll let you guys rewatch it 10x and let us know the truth.
link

He doesn't whisper as if the person is right behind him. Maybe he's talking to multiple people back there.

Daryl looked rattled. Not sure what's going on there.

I agree they wouldn't kill Carol offscreen. Lots of possibilities though...

1. Carol is hurt and Morgan is helping her.

2. Beth is hurt and Carol is helping her.

3. Beth is hurt and both Carol and Morgan are helping.

4. They took Morgan prisoner and Carol is leading him.

5. They ran into some fresh red shirts.

6. They have new pet zombies on a leash.

7. Lori

8. Loki

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Tackling Dummies said:
Carol is too much of a major character to end up dead w/o seeing it.
As I said, they could do it in flashbacks.

7. Lori

8. Loki
Speculation based on preview of next episode:

I'm guessing that Daryl is rattled because Beth is all kinds of messed up in the head.

7. Lori

8. Loki
I'll take #4

How long was Darryl gone for... 1 night? 2?
I think church party, Bob abduction/BobBQ, chase after BethCar and church bloodbath all happened the same night. Bus left for DC the next day and Darryl shows up the following night. So it seems like he was gone for maybe 24 hours.

Michonne hears a noise from the woods and wanders over to inspect. She sees Daryl emerge from the darkness and let's escape a relieved sigh.

Michonne- "Where's Carol?"

*Daryl notices Michonne got her sword back*

Daryl- "...come on out"

Beth and Carol emerge from the woods carrying an amp between them with Slash standing on top, who then proceeds to rip Michonne's face off with the opening riff of Aerosmith's Back in the Saddle

Michonne hears a noise from the woods and wanders over to inspect. She sees Daryl emerge from the darkness and let's escape a relieved sigh.

Daryl- "...come on out"

Beth and Carol emerge from the woods carrying an amp between them with Slash standing on top, who then proceeds to rip Michonne's face off with the opening riff of Aerosmith's Back in the Saddle
Fake! No way Slash could get the rights to an Aerosmith song during a zombie apocalypse.

How long was Darryl gone for... 1 night? 2?
I think church party, Bob abduction/BobBQ, chase after BethCar and church bloodbath all happened the same night. Bus left for DC the next day and Darryl shows up the following night. So it seems like he was gone for maybe 24 hours.
yeah- kinda what I thought too. although there's room for the Darryl return scene to happen the next night, with a day or two of nothing happening so not shown on the show.

I ask because I wonder just how much hell Darryl could have gotten into in 24 hours. IIRC, he looked like he had been thruogh the #### and back.

Daryl- "...come on out"

Fake! No way Slash could get the rights to an Aerosmith song during a zombie apocalypse.
Not to mention that everyone knows Back in the Saddle is a face-melting riff.

Daryl- "...come on out"

I'd say I was playing to the "inaccuracies" crowd but the truth is I suck at music :shrug:

Daryl- "...come on out"

I'd say I was playing to the "inaccuracies" crowd but the truth is I suck at music :shrug:
Well, that much is apparent. :banned:

Daryl- "...come on out"

Well, that much is apparent. :banned:
:hifive:

1. Everyone is infected and they turn when they die.

2. During the turn something happens to the person's saliva that causes it kill people.

When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth.....................that's all ya need to know
This used to be true but God and Satan recently came to an agreement to set up a hell annex in heaven. So everyone can relax.

7. Lori

8. Loki
Another possibility?

Daryl and Carol were ambushed by the people in the car they were following. Whoever it was has Carol tied up as prisoner and forced Daryl to lead them back to his group. Carol and whoever were in the trees behind Daryl.

7. Lori

8. Loki
Another possibility?

Daryl and Carol were ambushed by the people in the car they were following. Whoever it was has Carol tied up as prisoner and forced Daryl to lead them back to his group. Carol and whoever were in the trees behind Daryl.
1st thought I had was Daryl had a look of despair on his face and was leading someone to the group. But story wise I dont think it makes sense

My guess. Its Daryl with some random escapee from wherever Beth got snatched. Carol maybe too, or maybe she is dead/gone.

7. Lori

8. Loki
Another possibility?

1st thought I had was Daryl had a look of despair on his face and was leading someone to the group. But story wise I dont think it makes sense
Daryl would die before leading an ambush back to camp. Question is- would he lead them back to save Carol, Beth, or both?

Maybe Daryl looks like that after banging Beth for the last 24 hours straight. Not like the guy can just go catch a shower afterwards

Maybe Daryl looks like that after banging Beth for the last 24 hours straight. Not like the guy can just go catch a shower afterwards
do these people ever change their underwear? You know they aren't cleaning property after pooping.. they must all smell disgusting

do these people ever change their underwear? You know they aren't cleaning property after pooping.. they must all smell disgusting
And who is giving all the haircuts? Red McFlattop and Genius O'Mullet especially.

7. Lori

8. Loki
Another possibility?

Daryl would die before leading an ambush back to camp. Question is- would he lead them back to save Carol, Beth, or both?
I would almost have to imagine Morgan is involved in some way. It would be odd to show glimpse of him in 1st episode and then ignore him for 6 episodes.

Daryl left in a car right? Obviously didnt come back in a car. Maybe thats why he looks all beat up from a long treck through the woods.

These people screwing with beth might actually be an entertaining watch.

I have a feeling we see a potential fight with morgan and someone from the group until Rick jumps in and they all hug.

I guess Morgan still has to be kinda crazy though right? I mean....right?

Daryl- "...come on out"

And where's the electricity coming from?

Lazy writers...if they just take a moment to think these things through, they could've easily brought a small generator or maybe Carol sets up a stationary bike that can generate the juice while Slash wails. Or how about acoustic? I'm sure Michonne's face couldn't withstand that assault.

1. No way carol is dead off screen. We had an entire ode to bob, a minor character. I'm sure we will see carol break off from Daryl and go do carol things.

2. I also doubt Daryl found beth in a mere 24 hrs. I think the person in the woods is either Morgan or somebody. I'm banking on the latter b/c Daryl seemed to be protecting that person. Maybe another young girl the cross car people took?

3. I'm king of becoming content with the fact that the writers aren't going to give us the "rules". The group discussed that some people die slower and turn slower. I'm hoping they explain everything when they get to Washington but I'm not holding my breath

1. No way carol is dead off screen. We had an entire ode to bob, a minor character. I'm sure we will see carol break off from Daryl and go do carol things.

2. I also doubt Daryl found beth in a mere 24 hrs. I think the person in the woods is either Morgan or somebody. I'm banking on the latter b/c Daryl seemed to be protecting that person. Maybe another young girl the cross car people took?

3. I'm king of becoming content with the fact that the writers aren't going to give us the "rules". The group discussed that some people die slower and turn slower. I'm hoping they explain everything when they get to Washington but I'm not holding my breath
agree with all that... although if Carol IS dead, they could have a number of flashback episodes detailing the death.

re: #3... not sure if "king" is meant to be "kind", but I'm partial to self-aggrandizement to royalty- so I'll stick with that. also- given the range of reactions to the flu or common cold, I'm not worried about people turning from bites in different ways. I do wonder, as some others have mentioned, if Judith being born to two inffected people will somehow have a built in immunity and/or ability to provide for the cure.

Users who are viewing this thread