What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

That JSS girl is definitely in cahoots with the W's.
Based on?
When she was sitting back to back with Coal, he said "did you see them?". She responded by saying they were"just people". Then she said "this place is too big. Too many blind spots. That's how were able to ---". Coral cut him off. Sounded to me like she might have been confessing at that point.I dunno, probably a reach I guess. We'll see...
That's what I thought also. My wife said she was probably referring to when the two of them snuck out of the compound. I don't even know if that actually happened or if she's thinking of another show.
Enid didn't seem to be very worried about what was going on when she came in the back door of Carl's home. No panic or anything. Kind of thinking she does have something to do with the wolves.
i just want to know what JSS stands for
Just

Sucked

Schlong
Hey, easy now. She was somebody's daughter.

dhockster said:
Jayrok said:
I like how they symbolicly had Carol and Morgan traveling in opposite directions near the end.

Morgan will go off the deep end on this pacifist BS I'm afraid.
I think Morgan reached peace when he changed his philosophy to all lives matter. But he is quickly realizing the situation they face doesn't always allow that type of compassion. I think it'll turn into his road to travel and he will eventually come around to where Rick and Carol are in the show. He is a badass when he needs to be. But he needs to get over trying to save everybody.
:goodposting:

Yes, I think his realization that some people cannot be saved is the fact that he saved (let live) the wolf from the last season finale, and as a result that guy and his group caused lots of death in Alexandria. That is why he ultimately killed that guy. He is seeing the light, but it is not going to be easy for him.

Similarly, I think killing everybody without any thought is starting to affect Carol. While she totally wants to detach herself from the act because she is doing what she has to to survive, her humanity is making her want to have some compassion. I don't think she is going to change, but I would not be surprised at some point if she doesn't kill somebody who could be a threat because she sees the possibility of redemption for them.
I think it was a blow to her to have to shed the Suzie Homemaker act. Think she was starting to believe it herself.
No, shes a stone cold killer hardened by yrs of physical abuse and protecting her people. Shes basically the terminator

Based on?
When she was sitting back to back with Coal, he said "did you see them?". She responded by saying they were"just people". Then she said "this place is too big. Too many blind spots. That's how were able to ---". Coral cut him off. Sounded to me like she might have been confessing at that point.I dunno, probably a reach I guess. We'll see...
That's what I thought also. My wife said she was probably referring to when the two of them snuck out of the compound. I don't even know if that actually happened or if she's thinking of another show.
Enid didn't seem to be very worried about what was going on when she came in the back door of Carl's home. No panic or anything. Kind of thinking she does have something to do with the wolves.
Jew shape shifter

kentric said:
My favorite part of last night was Jessie killing the woman in her house. Stabbing her 50 times.
Probably one of the most disturbing scenes of the series so far.

That and the eating of a raw turtle.
yea I didn't get the raw turtle either. That would make you super sick no matter how hungry you are.
they must have skipped her intestinal discomfort scenes..
Mordred was no longer a-hungry, but Mordred was a- sick, a-sick, a-sick.

dhockster said:
Jayrok said:
I like how they symbolicly had Carol and Morgan traveling in opposite directions near the end.

Morgan will go off the deep end on this pacifist BS I'm afraid.
I think Morgan reached peace when he changed his philosophy to all lives matter. But he is quickly realizing the situation they face doesn't always allow that type of compassion. I think it'll turn into his road to travel and he will eventually come around to where Rick and Carol are in the show. He is a badass when he needs to be. But he needs to get over trying to save everybody.
:goodposting:

Yes, I think his realization that some people cannot be saved is the fact that he saved (let live) the wolf from the last season finale, and as a result that guy and his group caused lots of death in Alexandria. That is why he ultimately killed that guy. He is seeing the light, but it is not going to be easy for him.

Similarly, I think killing everybody without any thought is starting to affect Carol. While she totally wants to detach herself from the act because she is doing what she has to to survive, her humanity is making her want to have some compassion. I don't think she is going to change, but I would not be surprised at some point if she doesn't kill somebody who could be a threat because she sees the possibility of redemption for them.
I think it was a blow to her to have to shed the Suzie Homemaker act. Think she was starting to believe it herself.
No, shes a stone cold killer hardened by yrs of physical abuse and protecting her people. Shes basically the terminator
Right, this was her Farmer Rick phase and although the ruse started under the pretenses of being in a position to stab half of Alexandria to death to protect the group, she grew to enjoy just playing "helpless" family matriarch and pull strings from the background(she orchestrated Rick vs. porch **** in the same manner Lori Set up Rick vs. Shane).

Once the smoke break abruptly ended, she had to punch the clock and get back down to business. Now, she has to come to terms with the realization that there is no possibility of building a more idyllic life.

Or, she's just pissed that the wolves beat her to the punch, or celery casserole or something. Carol's tough to get a read on.

flapgreen said:
What were the wolves trying to accomplish? Looked like a bad B movie with people running around chopping people up with no plan in place. I thought the Wolves were going to be an organized group because of the set up at the end of last season. They looked clueless. Disappointed
Those must have been the drones.Yeah considering how many people they chopped up and the rigged up semi traps, i figured they would be a bit more refined in their approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
flapgreen said:
What were the wolves trying to accomplish? Looked like a bad B movie with people running around chopping people up with no plan in place. I thought the Wolves were going to be an organized group because of the set up at the end of last season. They looked clueless. Disappointed
AKA The Walking Dead.

(HULK) said:
kentric said:
I just can't wait until next week when we get another 20 seconds of that airplane snippet. Its quite riveting.
Yeah, this format was kinda a bad decision. Kid couldn't get text out and 2 people coughed. The End.
I thought it was cool that the old lady next to him could use knitting needles when the TSA won't let me take a nail file on a plane.

(HULK) said:
kentric said:
I just can't wait until next week when we get another 20 seconds of that airplane snippet. Its quite riveting.
Yeah, this format was kinda a bad decision. Kid couldn't get text out and 2 people coughed. The End.
You forgot the impactful scene with the asian woman turning around and looking at the kid. Kind of tied the whole thing together.
You missed the deleted footage, it is a 2 hour scene where the old hispanic lady waits in line at the TSA only to let her board the plane with two footlong metal knitting shanks after they confiscate her 4 ounce bottle of #####.
Doh! I didn't read this before my comment. That has been the most meaningful scene in anything Fear The Walking Dead related.

Based on?
Just Shutup Stupid!

;)

packersfan said:
roadkill1292 said:
Did anybody else think the one wolf that was in the group of five that attacked Morgan looked familiar? The guy he was talking to, who picked up a pistol before running off. I swear he was at Terminus or Woodbury but that's 500 miles away.
He was one of the Wolves who attacked Morgan in the Season 5 finale. The other one was the one who tried to ambush him in the house at the end of last night's episode. That's why both recognized him
And his picking up a gun following Morgan's advise to arm themselves is not a foreshadowing of good things to come. The little things like that are always used to give that future glimpse and always seem so obvious after the fact. Spoiler question for the comic nerds

Is the future leader of the Wolves Nagan?
To your spoiler: no

Based on?
Did anybody catch the name the Wolves called Carol a couple of times in that one scene, first the guy congratulating her for catching Morgan and then the woman asking her where she got the gun? Sounded similar to Enid, but maybe with a V in it - like Avid or something. Anyway, if the writers are just having fun with the whole Enid is a Wolf thing, I could see the name being intentionally close.

man, they really ####ed up Morgan's character. hey, these guys are trying to kill all of us, let's not only allow them to leave, let's allow them to arm themselves too! stupid.
I can't believe (actually I can) they're still having characters pull this "morality" horse ####. It's just moronic. How long has this stuff been going on? A year and a half? And they expect us to believe there are still people acting like this?

Based on?
Did anybody catch the name the Wolves called Carol a couple of times in that one scene, first the guy congratulating her for catching Morgan and then the woman asking her where she got the gun? Sounded similar to Enid, but maybe with a V in it - like Avid or something. Anyway, if the writers are just having fun with the whole Enid is a Wolf thing, I could see the name being intentionally close.
According to Talking Dead it was "Aphid."

man, they really ####ed up Morgan's character. hey, these guys are trying to kill all of us, let's not only allow them to leave, let's allow them to arm themselves too! stupid.
I can't believe (actually I can) they're still having characters pull this "morality" horse ####. It's just moronic. How long has this stuff been going on? A year and a half? And they expect us to believe there are still people acting like this?
Exactly. At some point you have to come to the realization that some people are just scavengers and up to no good and others are just survivors and are potential help.I get the sheltered Alexandria people not knowing the extent of the depravity out there, but Morgan should certainly know.

Who feels worse right now, Morgan for letting the wolves live and them finding the town or the gay guy who dropped his bag in the wolf trap and showed them the town exists?

Exactly. At some point you have to come to the realization that some people are just scavengers and up to no good and others are just survivors and are potential help.I get the sheltered Alexandria people not knowing the extent of the depravity out there, but Morgan should certainly know.

Who feels worse right now, Morgan for letting the wolves live and them finding the town or the gay guy who dropped his bag in the wolf trap and showed them the town exists?
Morgan

Yeah Morgan sucks right now, but that whole back story should come up at some point.

He WAS a killer, then saw the light, all life is precious blah blah, but he did just kill a wolf (of course we don't know that for SURE, but pretty sure).

Unleash that skill set Morgan.

That doesn't even make sense.

I think it makes some sense if we believe that they just got insanely lucky and were basically able to hole up behind their walls while things got bad and that this truly was some community surrounded by pure woods.

I think it makes some sense if we believe that they just got insanely lucky and were basically able to hole up behind their walls while things got bad and that this truly was some community surrounded by pure woods.
They knew enough to build Fort Wussy.

Morgan's a messed up character. I don't know why anyone would assume we've learned everything about what's going on with him in just two episodes. Seems obvious there's a big story coming with him that likely will explain what he's doing now and why he's doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan's a messed up character. I don't know why anyone would assume we've learned everything about what's going on with him in just two episodes. Seems obvious there's a big story coming with him that likely will explain what he's doing now and why he's doing it.
hoping for a Morgan episode like the Gov had..

Kind of assumed Enid took off for good from Alexandria when Coral couldn't find her back in the house when she left the note at the end of the episode.

man, Carol is a straight up assassin. I wonder if her and Rick will ever become at odds, and who would come out on top.

oh, and...

Judith

Smells

Stinky

Users who are viewing this thread