What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

No way he's dead. They would have actually shown it, plus like others have said just seems like a weak way to go out.
I think it would be even weaker if he is alive at this point, but agree they didn't show it so who knows.
I agree, but the way they showed it, I actually thought it was the other guy's guts. Just the weird way they showed only his head and the fact that the guts were already out as soon as he hit the ground.
I just re-watched, and they did only showed the other guy's guts. They also panned out and he is completely surrounded by hundreds of zombies with no chance of escape. I guess if some random group came through with a ton of noise it would be possible to distract at just the right second, but there are hundreds around him with no chance for Glen to go anywhere, definitely no way he could make it into/around that box on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk of Glenn, what was up with Ricks hand?
Cut, but the blade was covered in zombie guts. It was shown last week in the preview too.
Does he still have time to amputate his arm?
I don't think he is infected because I don't think he's going anywhere. If you saw the machete, it was in the zombie's shoulder. I am thinking that someone chopped at the zombie and it got stuck, but the front part he hit with his hand wasn't actually in the zombie. He may have also cut himself on his knife. I couldn't really tell. I'm just guessing because it has been long enough that if he was infected chopping off his arm wouldn't work anymore. I think if he thought he was infected, he would have sliced the hand right then and there.

Walkers getting distracted happens all the time on this show. Annoys the hell outta me too. They'll show zombies eating a body on the ground, plenty of meat still on the bone. They look up and there's a person like 50 feet away, so they leave the meal that's RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM to go hunt fresh meat that's faster than they are. So, not outta character at all.

Still think it's weak if he's alive though

All this talk of Glenn, what was up with Ricks hand?
I must have missed where he hurt it. First time I noticed was when he fought those 3 walkers,but it looked like it was already bandaged then?
I'm assuming he just cut himself with the knife, but I think they want us to think he might have bitten? I mean we saw him stab 3 walkers in the head (which would normally be an easy task for him, but anyone could always make a mistake or get have something happen unexpected), they never showed him accidentally cutting himself with the knife, yet he is bleeding and they won't show the wound. The scene where he was just holding the walky down but not saying anything made me think he was going to say he was bitten, but I doubt he is. Doesn't really make since for him to be cut deeply by his own knife though. It will be interesting to see how he makes out of his current situation.
I thought it was pretty clear he cut his hand on the machete then he pulled it out of the zombie.

No way he's dead. They would have actually shown it, plus like others have said just seems like a weak way to go out.
I think it would be even weaker if he is alive at this point, but agree they didn't show it so who knows.
I agree, but the way they showed it, I actually thought it was the other guy's guts. Just the weird way they showed only his head and the fact that the guts were already out as soon as he hit the ground.
I just re-watched, and they did only showed the other guy's guts. They also panned out and he is completely surrounded by hundreds of zombies with no chance of escape. I guess if some random group came through with a ton of noise it would be possible to distract at just the right second, but there are hundreds around him with no chance for Glen to go anywhere, definitely no way he could make it into/around that box on his own.
I re watched as well and I thought it was Glenn's guts. I think I can even see his t shirt being ripped apart.

I re watched as well and I thought it was Glenn's guts. I think I can even see his t shirt being ripped apart.
they did that at a certain angle so we all had this reaction...they never really show anything conclusive ...he and the other guy fall and the other guy falls on top of glenn...if he were dead they would have made a bigger deal out of it...Glenn will die heroically if and when he dies....not from falling off a dumpster ....gotta love cliff hangers

Rick's knife broke and he cut his hand, also could have been on the machete, but he wasn't bit. If he was we sure didn't see it, and he didn't seem overly concerned that it was a bite.

Did someone actually call Rick an F'n idiot for unloading the clip on those people? He just almost died from the other two guys and blew those others away before he had to scuffle again. Not sure that makes him an F'n idiot. My guess is he also did not anticipate the RV not starting. This happens a lot in shows/movies. Maybe they should try letting it run. Just sezzin.

Who knows if Glenn is dead or not. My guess is no because it looked like they were eating the other guy on top of him, and Glenn is a skinny dude and slipped under the dumpster, then something probably distracts the walkers. Yes people, they get distracted very easily and move on to the new distraction whether they are eating or not. I do also remember a commercial showing that dumpster in previews. So yeah, all real world common sense says he is dead, but I don't think he is.

If he IS dead, he should be. Why in God's name has he attached himself to the Nicholas idiot anyway? That is death worthy.

Oh yeah, and nice work Morgan, you almost got Rick killed. Way to let those W's live AND allow them to have a gun. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

shadyridr said:
Christo said:
shadyridr said:
Christo said:
shadyridr said:
Buckna said:
If not dead, they better have a darn good reason why not... other than just Nicholas' body landed on top of him.
why is that not a good reason? Nicholas falls on top of him. Walkers rip nicholas to shreds. Glenn soaked in blood, walkers either move on or something distracts them.
That makes no sense. Why would they just randomly stop eating?
because of a distraction
Their entire raison d'etre is to eat living flesh. WTF sort of distraction would keep them from doing that?
the girl sacrificed herself. How come they all didnt just stop to eat her? Some kept on pursuing Michonnes crew.
I'd definitely stop to eat her. :mellow:

Balco said:
shadyridr said:
Nicholas fell ontop of Glenn. That was Nicholas intestines. Glenn survives. At least thats what i hope.
I thought it was obvious, but as I said in my previously deleted post, I must be in denial. We did not see walkers eat Glenn, you did not see them biting into his flesh like when someone usually meets their demise on the show.
Plus the no screaming from him while they were "eating him" made me feel it was Nick that was getting the :hophead:

Also, as mentioned above.. No Glenn on Talking Dead afterwards makes me believe he will survive as he covers himself in Dead Goo and thus Zombies won't touch him..

tommyboy said:
I watched it again, theyre eating nicholas, not glenn. But unless something distracts that horde quick, theres hardly a way glenn could escape
Many have survived before while be surrounded.... You cover yourself with Goo and they won't touch you.. Glenn is now covered in Nick's Goo and thus he'll be able to just crawl out without any of them touching him. :shrug:

Oh yeah, and nice work Morgan, you almost got Rick killed. Way to let those W's live AND allow them to have a gun. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
My thoughts exactly.. Hoping that comes back to Morgan when Rick gets back..

Rick: "hey, this guy had my child's baby food in his pocket and a gun"

Morgan: "oops" :shrug:

Balco said:
shadyridr said:
Nicholas fell ontop of Glenn. That was Nicholas intestines. Glenn survives. At least thats what i hope.
I thought it was obvious, but as I said in my previously deleted post, I must be in denial. We did not see walkers eat Glenn, you did not see them biting into his flesh like when someone usually meets their demise on the show.
Plus the no screaming from him while they were "eating him" made me feel it was Nick that was getting the :hophead:

Also, as mentioned above.. No Glenn on Talking Dead afterwards makes me believe he will survive as he covers himself in Dead Goo and thus Zombies won't touch him..
I would like to know why don't they always do this when they're surrounded by zombies? They could have survived if they would have smeared zombie guts when they were in the woods and then leisurely walk back to Alexandria.

Balco said:
shadyridr said:

I would like to know why don't they always do this when they're surrounded by zombies? They could have survived if they would have smeared zombie guts when they were in the woods and then leisurely walk back to Alexandria.
:goodposting: no.. :GREAT POSTING:

But then again, doing so would mean everyone survives, no deaths and :yawn:

I'm tapping out if he is alive.

I can't believe some of you guys are already making your possible excuses.
:shrug: Easily conceivable.. Zombies don't "pile" on top of the recently killed.. they just eat away..

So the only weight holding him down right now is Nick, who is getting lighter and lighter by the second ;)

I'm tapping out if he is alive.

I can't believe some of you guys are already making your possible excuses.
:shrug: Easily conceivably.. Zombies don't "pile" on top of the recently killed.. they just eat away..

So the only weight holding him down right now is Nick, who is getting lighter and lighter by the second ;)
:no:

This is why people on this board pile on to some of you fans.

If you blindly accept and and defend poor writing and inconceivable situations people don't take the show or it's supporters serious.

sheesh...seriously people?

1. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by decide to leave his exposed head alone?

2. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by realize they are finished with Nick and stop digging immediately when they reach Glen?

Come on guys.

This is like me showing you pics of your gf in a hotel with another guy and you say some crap like...well, she has been looking for another job maybe she is doing cleaning service for a hotel?

Let me wait things out and see 1st

He's dead. They just said "hey, lets make this scene have some stuff that the audience might question to as if Glenn really dies". Easiest, most cost-saving way to promote the show.

1. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by decide to leave his exposed head alone?

2. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by realize they are finished with Nick and stop digging immediately when they reach Glen?

Come on guys.

This is like me showing you pics of your gf in a hotel with another guy and you say some crap like...well, she has been looking for another job maybe she is doing cleaning service for a hotel?

I agree the writers could have handled it a little better.. But then again, if he crawled under the dumpster right away there wouldn't be any :argue: going on this morning.

We've seen characters survive numerous times when surrounded by hordes.. All that goo flying around from the chomping is bound to fall on Glenn's head..

He's dead. They just said "hey, lets make this scene have some stuff that the audience might question to as if Glenn really dies". Easiest, most cost-saving way to promote the show.
Possibly.. But every other character has gotten a send off on Talking Dead after their death which lead me to feel he isn't dead yet...

I suppose they could be building to the revelation to Maggie and THEN have Glenn on talking dead :shrug:

Glenn's dead, imo.

thinking, they killed him earlier then expected - tons of people know he dies shortly to Negan in the comics, so killing him off here preserves some shock value at his death.
You can't go by the comics. Sophia still lives in them. Andrea. Dale was tainted meat, not medic guy.

They change it up all the time.

He wasn't covered in zombie goo though. He was covered in a live persons blood.
good point.. If nothing else, the writers left us wondering.. and next week's 90 minute episode looks like a "filler" back story episode so probably no conclusion then either..

Also felt it strange they'd leave it as a "did he or didn't he" now and not wait until the mid-season break. :shrug:

how would anyone know what happened? there were no witnesses? Rick trying to reach him on the walkie talkie, and the other group not seeing smoke are indicators, but there is no way anyone could comfirm he's dead unless they find the body, which is impossible.. this show does not like to have open ended storylines

so, that leads me to believe he is still alive - which is cheesy..

Come on guys.

I agree the writers could have handled it a little better.. But then again, if he crawled under the dumpster right away there wouldn't be any :argue: going on this morning.

We've seen characters survive numerous times when surrounded by hordes.. All that goo flying around from the chomping is bound to fall on Glenn's head..
Good points and I'm sure Glen was ninja like with his legs and arms, hiding them under Nick until he was completely eaten up.

Then he stopped moving and played dead with zombie goo on him.

Come on guys.

Good points and I'm sure Glen was ninja like with his legs and arms, hiding them under Nick until he was completely eaten up.

Then he stopped moving and played dead with zombie goo on him.
I think you either need a cup of :coffee: or need to lay off the caffeine a bit as you are a just a bit :angry: about this

;)

Glenn is going to be off mowing lawns with Lori until he's shown as a walker later in the season imo. This speculation will not die, not in this thread.

He wasn't covered in zombie goo though. He was covered in a live persons blood.
Technically, Nick shot himself in the head before he fell into the zombie mosh pit. So, if we're to believe that the shot to head killed him instantly.....by definition, Nick was most certainly dead when he landed on top of Glenn and therefore it was DEAD persons blood.

There will be a point in this season where Maggie will go looking for him. She will come across his devoured body and not realize it's him....until she spots the watch her father gave him, which the show purposely reminded the viewer of last night.
Maybe that's when they'll acknowledge he's dead?....Good point.

It would be eye-rolling if he survived that. Doesn't mean I'd stop watching, its still an entertaining show. What show out there doesn't have those? Not everything can be Breaking Bad.

The main reason I thought he didn't die right there was no screaming.. I don't care how tough you are, if a Zombie is ripping your intestines out of your body you are bound to feel it.. :mellow:

If he does survive.. I Hope the writers find a MUCH better way to have him survive then just crawl out from the horde.. Seeing as they allowed Andrea and Dale to survive WAY too long, with much more dramatic deaths, I can't imagine they'd let that be the send off for Glenn. :shrug:

Good point about the Herschel's watch, forgot about that. I was really "worried" about Glenn when they did the callback to the very first time we met Glenn talking to Rick over the Walkie Talkie. Seemed like it was all over but the crying at that point.

Back when Nick tried to kill Glenn in the woods there were 4 or 5 walkers who fell on to Glenn while Nick escaped. Didn't think there was any way he'd get out of that, but he did. He's slippery that way, I guess. Maybe he looks behind him at the container, while they are eating Nick's guts, and sees that it is up on legs and he can crawl backwards up under it. Who knows?

Noah got a more dramatic death than last night, if it was indeed Glenn's death.

Good point about the Herschel's watch, forgot about that. I was really "worried" about Glenn when they did the callback to the very first time we met Glenn talking to Rick over the Walkie Talkie. Seemed like it was all over but the crying at that point.
Noticed that too. When Rick was in the tank in ATL, didn't Glenn say "good luck, #######"?

That and the watch could point to him dying. But who knows with this show?

F'n Morgan. Next week's episode is his flash back to tell us how he got from "Clear" to ninja peace-lover. He saved Daryl but he's put everyone else at risk and almost got Rick killed. Not as popular a character right now as he was when he first started searching for Rick last season.

my biggest question, is how the F does the group stand in a circle, and not one person sees a zombie sneak up behind David and take a bite out of his shoulder. how do you kill a bunch of them, and then just stand around like they are waiting for a bus or something
:goodposting: That was silly.

I'm disappointed either way. I hate that Glenn is dead if he in fact is and I would hate if he miraculously survived that scenario. I'm just not seeing a clear way he could survive.

Users who are viewing this thread