What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I've read/seen a few people state that Glenn maybe rolled under the garbage bin. If he was a few inches high, maybe he could roll under one of those. And as far as getting up and getting inside of it would require him to...well....do just that. I doubt he's even able to get up with that horde standing around him.

That said, I do recall a scene in previous trailers about the group coming along one of these trash containers, and it was an aerial shot of them approaching it, as if they were about to look inside. That scene has not been shown yet. Does anyone else remember that from the previews??
I do.
Was this in one of the preseason trailers?
I believe it was. Wish I could find it. Maybe someone else can? I don't have the luxury of searching for it right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va1UPrFXHKA

The 1:15 mark?

I don't know how you people watch these trailers.

So much info is given away.

With this show I just don't care anymore but I see so many scenes in this trailer that will easily spoil parts of the show coming up in the next few episodes and scenes that would have spoiled scenes in the past episodes had I saw this trailer before.
Yeah, I think that's it, but i could have sworn I also saw a group of survivors approaching it with guns drawn as well. But I do recall this one too.
They aren't trying to get into the dumpster in that link. It is the exact scene of Glenn getting eaten

Also, I thought they both ran out of ammunition. How did Nicholas come up with one extra round to off himself? I thought they showed both emptying their guns. Maybe I'm wrong?

I've read/seen a few people state that Glenn maybe rolled under the garbage bin. If he was a few inches high, maybe he could roll under one of those. And as far as getting up and getting inside of it would require him to...well....do just that. I doubt he's even able to get up with that horde standing around him.

That said, I do recall a scene in previous trailers about the group coming along one of these trash containers, and it was an aerial shot of them approaching it, as if they were about to look inside. That scene has not been shown yet. Does anyone else remember that from the previews??
I do.
I believe it was. Wish I could find it. Maybe someone else can? I don't have the luxury of searching for it right now.

With this show I just don't care anymore but I see so many scenes in this trailer that will easily spoil parts of the show coming up in the next few episodes and scenes that would have spoiled scenes in the past episodes had I saw this trailer before.
So much of it is out of context and deliberately misleading though.

I just watched it again and there is an overhead shot around the 1:15 mark like you said but hard to tell where that's at. Didn't look like the place where Glenn (may have) bought it.
Yea it is out of context and I realize i have always been in the minority when it comes to previews=spoilers.

Take Daryl for example.

I saw him in some situations in that trailer.

Next episode if he is a life/death situation it takes away from the scene because I know to expect him in scenes I saw in the previews.

All this talk of Glenn, what was up with Ricks hand?
Cut, but the blade was covered in zombie guts. It was shown last week in the preview too.
Does he still have time to amputate his arm?
I don't think he is infected because I don't think he's going anywhere. If you saw the machete, it was in the zombie's shoulder. I am thinking that someone chopped at the zombie and it got stuck, but the front part he hit with his hand wasn't actually in the zombie. He may have also cut himself on his knife. I couldn't really tell. I'm just guessing because it has been long enough that if he was infected chopping off his arm wouldn't work anymore. I think if he thought he was infected, he would have sliced the hand right then and there.
He is already infected though, per Season 2, right?.

It's just a pesky flesh wound device for adding to the struggle, imo.

I do.

So much of it is out of context and deliberately misleading though.

I just watched it again and there is an overhead shot around the 1:15 mark like you said but hard to tell where that's at. Didn't look like the place where Glenn (may have) bought it.
Yea it is out of context and I realize i have always been in the minority when it comes to previews=spoilers.

Take Daryl for example.

I saw him in some situations in that trailer.

Next episode if he is a life/death situation it takes away from the scene because I know to expect him in scenes I saw in the previews.
True but we don't know the context of anything that is happening.

For what it's worth I think next week is gonna be the Morgan backstory episode.

he's still got the flare gun, so it would be possible for him to fire that into the crowd and start a zombie fire then scurry into the dumpster

he's still got the flare gun, so it would be possible for him to fire that into the crowd and start a zombie fire then scurry into the dumpster
http://25.media.tumblr.com/18901f25139347103d36e32deafdf22e/tumblr_n0e0wfEFgz1raed24o1_500.gif

Very true. I would buy that.

Very true. I would buy that.
Or at least him firing it into somewhere that would make the zombies scurry away anyways....

Cut, but the blade was covered in zombie guts. It was shown last week in the preview too.
I don't think he is infected because I don't think he's going anywhere. If you saw the machete, it was in the zombie's shoulder. I am thinking that someone chopped at the zombie and it got stuck, but the front part he hit with his hand wasn't actually in the zombie. He may have also cut himself on his knife. I couldn't really tell. I'm just guessing because it has been long enough that if he was infected chopping off his arm wouldn't work anymore. I think if he thought he was infected, he would have sliced the hand right then and there.
He is already infected though, per Season 2, right?.

It's just a pesky flesh wound device for adding to the struggle, imo.
What it meant for me... Spoiler is in regards to comic books so tread lightly...

I stopped reading the comic books at about the Governor part.. But Rick loses his hand to the Gov, so this might be a way for the Directors/Writers to "catch up" to the comics.. :oldunsure:

even if that dude fell on top of him some part of Glen would get bit. His leg, for instance. There were a lot of hungry walkers there.

He is already infected though, per Season 2, right?. It's just a pesky flesh wound device for adding to the struggle, imo.
Sorry, bad word choice. I meant bit/scratched to get the bacteria or whatever that causes death not the virus/infection that makes you turn. I didn't think that he was going to die.

sheesh...seriously people?

1. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by decide to leave his exposed head alone?

2. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by realize they are finished with Nick and stop digging immediately when they reach Glen?

Come on guys.

This is like me showing you pics of your gf in a hotel with another guy and you say some crap like...well, she has been looking for another job maybe she is doing cleaning service for a hotel?

Let me wait things out and see 1st
I agree the writers could have handled it a little better.. But then again, if he crawled under the dumpster right away there wouldn't be any :argue: going on this morning.

We've seen characters survive numerous times when surrounded by hordes.. All that goo flying around from the chomping is bound to fall on Glenn's head..
Good points and I'm sure Glen was ninja like with his legs and arms, hiding them under Nick until he was completely eaten up.

Then he stopped moving and played dead with zombie goo on him.
I think you either need a cup of :coffee: or need to lay off the caffeine a bit as you are a just a bit :angry: about this

;)
Yeah but it is a very good point to get cranky about. Nothing makes people madder than a Bobby Ewing shower dream sequence.

Glenn is dead. If he is not it is bull####, plain and simple. How many people would stop watching if the Doctor from the CDC showed up right now and was like I had a trap door and got out of the fireball and I need your help looking for a cure.

There is a world of difference between fantasy tale and a story that was made up be a three year old.

I'm disappointed either way. I hate that Glenn is dead if he in fact is and I would hate if he miraculously survived that scenario. I'm just not seeing a clear way he could survive.
Agreed.

I gotta say, after Lizzie, Noah, Beth, and now Glenn, if they kill Michonne or Daryl anytime soon, I will have no heart left inside of me.

I do.

Agreed. I haven't watched a trailer / promo for this show since the very first one I saw. I know I'm going to watch the next episode, so I don't need to be convinced and definitely don't want anything to be spoiled.

Similarly, I haven't watched one for the next Star Wars movie. Same reason.

sheesh...seriously people?

1. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by decide to leave his exposed head alone?

2. the 3 million zombies he is surrounded by realize they are finished with Nick and stop digging immediately when they reach Glen?

Come on guys.

This is like me showing you pics of your gf in a hotel with another guy and you say some crap like...well, she has been looking for another job maybe she is doing cleaning service for a hotel?

Let me wait things out and see 1st
I agree the writers could have handled it a little better.. But then again, if he crawled under the dumpster right away there wouldn't be any :argue: going on this morning.

We've seen characters survive numerous times when surrounded by hordes.. All that goo flying around from the chomping is bound to fall on Glenn's head..
Good points and I'm sure Glen was ninja like with his legs and arms, hiding them under Nick until he was completely eaten up.

Then he stopped moving and played dead with zombie goo on him.
I think you either need a cup of :coffee: or need to lay off the caffeine a bit as you are a just a bit :angry: about this

;)
Yeah but it is a very good point to get cranky about. Nothing makes people madder than a Bobby Ewing shower dream sequence.

Glenn is dead. If he is not it is bull####, plain and simple. How many people would stop watching if the Doctor from the CDC showed up right now and was like I had a trap door and got out of the fireball and I need your help looking for a cure.

There is a world of difference between fantasy tale and a story that was made up be a three year old.
I guess I see it from others point of view..

but.. I watch TV shows to escape "reality" for that point of time.... so if the writers want to :shark: at times so be it..

If it gets to be to much then there are plenty of other things to do/watch that I'll just move on.. at this point NOT killing off Glenn isn't going to stop me from watching the show..

Sure if they have a Zombie walk him out of there as a friend, or he just stands up and dusts himself off, or an alien drops down a escape ladder from a space ship.. then yea.. a bit much..

But the writers to this point tend to have ways around things that I'm willing to say .. Ok, what's next .. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Walking Dead does a good job with their trailers regarding spoiling things. They show some stuff, but it's not things you can add up that makes any sense.

The Walking Dead does a good job with their trailers regarding spoiling things. They show some stuff, but it's not things you can add up that makes any sense.
Yeah they are deliberately misleading. The Comic-Con trailer essentially made it look like the first part of the season would be a major civil war between Rick and Morgan. While the two have had some minor differences, there certainly hasn't been a major divide between them.

ETA - The Season 5 trailer sure made it look like the group was going to team up with the Terminites as well and that obviously never happened.

So I don't think watching the trailers really gives you significant insight into what is going to happen. You're given scenes without context and often with deliberately misleading context.

No way he's dead...

Big Tyrese got half an episode devoted to his death and he maybe had 90 minutes of screen time for his entire run. Glenn is one of the three mainstays on the show. I'm not saying he doesn't die at some point, but when it happens it'll be much more prolific than him getting stuck in an alley.

Sure if they have a Zombie walk him out of there as a friend, or he just stands up and dusts himself off, or an alien drops down a escape ladder from a space ship.. then yea.. a bit much..
Now that's a show I want to see.

I'm tapping out if he is alive.

I can't believe some of you guys are already making your possible excuses.
:shrug: Easily conceivable.. Zombies don't "pile" on top of the recently killed.. they just eat away..

So the only weight holding him down right now is Nick, who is getting lighter and lighter by the second ;)
They are going to have to show exactly how he gets out of this if he is still alive because they can't do what they did last year when the zombies closed in on him and he magically got away while fighting the dude that blew his own head off in front of him....unless I totally missed how he got away after that guy pummeled him and left him laying for the walkers.

I hope he dies. I like Glenn, I think he's a good character. But if none of the main characters ever die and these kind of impossible odds don't kill them. I don't know I think it hurts the show. For me at least.

I hope he dies. I like Glenn, I think he's a good character. But if none of the main characters ever die and these kind of impossible odds don't kill them. I don't know I think it hurts the show. For me at least.
Yeah for the good of the show something like this needs to happen. Just would suck for me as a fan since I really like Glenn.

ETA - I will add, though, I think there's a point where you can't just kill off everyone. I thought "24" went decidedly downhill after all the characters surrounding Jack Bauer got killed off. It was still a fun show to watch because Bauer was great and Kiefer Sutherland was terrific in the role but the show itself was never the same for me once all the key characters in Jack's life got killed off. While :hot: had her moments she wasn't enough.

FWIW, when they show Glenn on his back under the walker swarm, they're pulling intestines from an area that would be nearer Glenn's clavicle than his intestines. So, I guess we are indeed shown them eating the other body, not Glenn's.

FWIW, when they show Glenn on his back under the walker swarm, they're pulling intestines from an area that would be nearer Glenn's clavicle than his intestines. So, I guess we are indeed shown them eating the other body, not Glenn's.
Yeah I thought the same thing. Still no way he could escape getting bit at least once though, IMO.

I'm tapping out if he is alive.

I can't believe some of you guys are already making your possible excuses.
:shrug: Easily conceivable.. Zombies don't "pile" on top of the recently killed.. they just eat away..

So the only weight holding him down right now is Nick, who is getting lighter and lighter by the second ;)
They are going to have to show exactly how he gets out of this if he is still alive because they can't do what they did last year when the zombies closed in on him and he magically got away while fighting the dude that blew his own head off in front of him....unless I totally missed how he got away after that guy pummeled him and left him laying for the walkers.
:goodposting: I forget if they did show him escaping or just :whistle: over it..

I think it will be a nightmare dream sequence Glenn has after dip#### falls off the dumpster and Glenn drops down inside it and passes out. That way they avoid the shark jump for the most part.
Not bad. That's is the best way to explain it. I totally subscribe to this.

There will be a point in this season where Maggie will go looking for him. She will come across his devoured body and not realize it's him....until she spots the watch her father gave him, which the show purposely reminded the viewer of last night.
Maybe that's when they'll acknowledge he's dead?....Good point.
Yeah, maybe I am misremembering this. But before he went to set fire to the feed store Glenn said " I need a minute" and started digging in his pack and that is when the watch was flashed. In my mind he was preparing a goodbye note, which was the whole point of the foreshadowing of the red shirt dying and dropping his note next to his body. The most likely outcome is Glenn cheeses it and is alive. But they set it up that there is a watch and a note somewhere.

Yeah because none of the main characters have ever died on this show.
For what it's worth an original cast member hasn't died since Andrea (thank God) bit the dust in Season 3.

There will be a point in this season where Maggie will go looking for him. She will come across his devoured body and not realize it's him....until she spots the watch her father gave him, which the show purposely reminded the viewer of last night.
Maybe that's when they'll acknowledge he's dead?....Good point.
Yeah, maybe I am misremembering this. But before he went to set fire to the feed store Glenn said " I need a minute" and started digging in his pack and that is when the watch was flashed. In my mind he was preparing a goodbye note, which was the whole point of the foreshadowing of the red shirt dying and dropping his note next to his body. The most likely outcome is Glenn cheeses it and is alive. But they set it up that there is a watch and a note somewhere.
Not saying this isn't part of what he was doing but he also called Rick to let him know what the new plan was.

The "#######" comment was great.

Yeah because none of the main characters have ever died on this show.
It has been quite a few seasons. Unless you count Beth.

She and Hershel are the only characters who have more appearances than Abraham's group that have died. And she was almost always a secondary player IMO.

He's dead. The watch comment convinced me.

They won't show him or give any info for awhile. It'll be Glenn's lost...missing...whatever. They might even have someone find the dumpster and look for him but find nothing......

Cut to the season (or midseason) finale....they'll have the back of a walkers head

get ball batted from out of the blue. It'll fall down, squished. A guy will search The Walker....find the watch....camera pulls back...shows this Neegan character and his Boys. Camera floats down (probably to some somberish tune by a little known contempory artist).....Glenn's face......and scene.
Then, we get Stephen Yeun on TTD as his death was never comfirmed before then. Plus, they'll tell the viewers that it was legit about the IMDB thing because as a Thank You to Stephen Yeun...they've let him be a zombie in a mob (so you can't see him) for all of those episodes.....so technically he was in every episode.

Also, I thought they both ran out of ammunition. How did Nicholas come up with one extra round to off himself? I thought they showed both emptying their guns. Maybe I'm wrong?
Excellent post
The dream sequence by tonydead would explain this away. In reality, Glen pushed him off of the dumpster, thus killing a human for the first time, climbs in the dumpster and falls asleep, dreaming that the dude shot himself and fell off on top of Glenn who wakes up from the dream sequence screaming....because he killed a human.

You have to have a core group of survivors. Otherwise, you constantly have to bring in more characters.....and how did they magically survive all this time. Some people must survive the whole time.....until you are wrapping up the show. Then you can kill them all off.

You have to have a core group of survivors. Otherwise, you constantly have to bring in more characters.....and how did they magically survive all this time. Some people must survive the whole time.....until you are wrapping up the show. Then you can kill them all off.
Closest thing to this show, IIRC....was the old TV show/mini series V. To that, I think they really only deemed two or three people in that show immune to death. This show is probably Rick, Michonne, Carol and maybe one more.

Excellent post
The dream sequence by tonydead would explain this away. In reality, Glen pushed him off of the dumpster, thus killing a human for the first time, climbs in the dumpster and falls asleep, dreaming that the dude shot himself and fell off on top of Glenn who wakes up from the dream sequence screaming....because he killed a human.
Glenn dreaming would be a cop out, IMO. I'd rather he was killed off.

They won't show him or give any info for awhile. It'll be Glenn's lost...missing...whatever. They might even have someone find the dumpster and look for him but find nothing......

Cut to the season (or midseason) finale....they'll have the back of a walkers head

get ball batted from out of the blue. It'll fall down, squished. A guy will search The Walker....find the watch....camera pulls back...shows this Neegan character and his Boys. Camera floats down (probably to some somberish tune by a little known contempory artist).....Glenn's face......and scene.
Then, we get Stephen Yeun on TTD as his death was never comfirmed before then. Plus, they'll tell the viewers that it was legit about the IMDB thing because as a Thank You to Stephen Yeun...they've let him be a zombie in a mob (so you can't see him) for all of those episodes.....so technically he was in every episode.
No freaking way.

He's not dressed up like a zombie in all the leaked photos from episodes past this one, he's dressed up as himself.

No freaking way.

He's not dressed up like a zombie in all the leaked photos from episodes past this one, he's dressed up as himself.
flashbacks?

Users who are viewing this thread