Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

I know the payoff for season 2 was awesome, and that lasted longer than this season.

Plenty of folks #####ed about the set-up for that season and I thought the set-up was spectacular.

Agreed.. the payoff was great.. :thumbup:

But the setup was beyond short of spectacular... Way too dragged out and way too many "WTF are they thinking" moments.. easily could have built it up over say 4 or 5 episodes and had the same impact.. :2cents:

Edited by snogger

what was the last thing the Wade guy said to his group as they let the guy and girls go?

Something along the lines of "He only wants A###S that are willing" :oldunsure:

Edited by snogger

I know the payoff for season 2 was awesome, and that lasted longer than this season.

Plenty of folks #####ed about the set-up for that season and I thought the set-up was spectacular.

Agreed.. the payoff was great.. :thumbup:

But the setup was beyond short of spectacular... Way too dragged out and way too many "WTF are they thinking" moments.. easily could have built it up over say 4 or 5 episodes and had the same impact.. :2cents:

I disagree. I know people #####ed about the search for Sophia but her coming out of the barn doesn't pack near the punch it did in my opinion if they hadn't been deliberate with the set-up. Then everything about Shane paid off in a big way at the end. I am partial to Season 2, though. It remains my favorite season of the show.

Hint: every season they're going to "set things up" for something "big" to happen. YWIA

"Gimple, thanks for meeting me today. Just saw the first ep - great job on the new season. But here's the thing - I just moved into my new Bel Air mansion and we're gonna need a few "setting things up" episodes to save the cash I'll need for my new mortgage. Just spit-ballin' here, but maybe you could put Glenn into a dangerous situation and follow it up with a low budget 90 minute flashback episode about Morgan - people gotta be wondering where he got those mad stick skills, right? The extra length of the episode would bring in some nice ad money for me to build that extra guesthouse - current 2000 square one isn't quite getting it done. After that maybe a couple more cheap episodes while people are still wondering "is he or isn't he" about Glenn's death. I can up the budget a little for the episode after that and then we'll go out with bang with the mid-season break to keep the suckers, er, viewers hooked to stick around for the second half of the season."

/AMC Exec

• Like 1

Sooooo

There was a fuel company with a half a dozen propane tanks and a full on Mad Max fuel tanker sitting there guarded by a half a dozen walkers. Well, a million bucks says Daryll has complete memory loss and they never go there again.

Also, so Abraham is going up to the car where the guys where shooting automatic weapons at them and Sasha is like "Don't go over there and finish them off and take their guns, that would be crazy" , let's go loot an insurance agents office instead.

The people are some of the worst scavengers ever seen. Never see them grab anything from the dead, also rarely see zombie still wearing his gun or knife. Makes no sense, but would bog show if they did it :shrug:

HOW DOES DARRYL STILL HAVE ARROWS??!!!!!????!!!!!

ETA: Also, why do we keep adding an additional "r" to Daryl's name??

They're called 'bolts'.

:nerd:

Sooooo

There was a fuel company with a half a dozen propane tanks and a full on Mad Max fuel tanker sitting there guarded by a half a dozen walkers. Well, a million bucks says Daryll has complete memory loss and they never go there again.

Also, so Abraham is going up to the car where the guys where shooting automatic weapons at them and Sasha is like "Don't go over there and finish them off and take their guns, that would be crazy" , let's go loot an insurance agents office instead.

The people are some of the worst scavengers ever seen. Never see them grab anything from the dead, also rarely see zombie still wearing his gun or knife. Makes no sense, but would bog show if they did it :shrug:

I think we can blame Darryl Strawberry for that.

I blame the Newhart show, "I'm Larry and this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Daryl"

Sooooo

They're called 'bolts'.

:nerd:

And the show shows him retrieving his bolts just about every time she shoots one. Robin Hood Daryl is awesome.

I remember when Darabont was fired there was some unrest about how AMC would meddle, kill the budget and the show would come to an end.

So much for that.

Show is down about a million viewers an episode since last season.

not sure how many here watch Talking Dead, but wow is that show going in the crapper. The whole push to get the watchers more involved is annoying as hell. I would be on twitter or other social media if i cared what dopey people had to say about the show or their 10 seconds of fame with a video of why they like the Walking Dead. The twitter stuff is horrendous, might be 1 out of 100 things they mention that has any worth

not sure how many here watch Talking Dead, but wow is that show going in the crapper. The whole push to get the watchers more involved is annoying as hell. I would be on twitter or other social media if i cared what dopey people had to say about the show or their 10 seconds of fame with a video of why they like the Walking Dead. The twitter stuff is horrendous, might be 1 out of 100 things they mention that has any worth

The only "good" thing with TTD is that no other show has this.

But i have no clue why anyone would watch. It has always beem horrible and always will be. 100x worse than this thread

• Like 1

How do you think RPG guy got impaled on that fence post and ended up hanging over a ledge?

I don't think other people did it (nobody looted him), and wouldn't think he did it to himself?

driving his humvee, and it flipped... righting itself along the way- but threw him out in midair so that he got impaled on the fence post.

pretty freaking obvious. stop being so lazy when you're watching.

I was far more interested in how his RPG and cigars were still there when he had obviously been "hanging out" for quite a while. It wasn't as if he was well off the beaten path or anything.

Was just a weird episode. Not much made sense. They need to make a big splash in the next two episodes for me to keep my interest up. This season has been down a bit (aside from the first couple eps).

very weird. and lots of questionable stuff. 3 car loads of guys with guns just sneak up into tailgating range and begin firing? all these different groups are out scavenging, and nobody has come across a basically unattended vehicle and a case of RPGs, yet Abe can spot it from a distant building? Haircut 100 forgets all the zombie rules and voluntarily gets herself within biting range? injured Daryl grabs the duffel bag with lifesaving insulin and runs off into the woods, but the healthy guy WITH THE GUN doesn't even bother to give chase?

No one finding the RPGs, truck, and especially the cigars(!) is baffling. And the guy just basically empties his gun at Daryl instead of chasing him. Just weird.

I remember when Darabont was fired there was some unrest about how AMC would meddle, kill the budget and the show would come to an end.

So much for that.

It's Season 6. I would expect most/many shows experience a ratings decline of some kind if they're fortunate enough to last that long.

Also, the ratings for the first five seasons were record setting so it's hardly a surprise to see a dip. Pretty hard to sustain that pace forever.

I just love how everyone seems to have forgotten that you can cut off their arms, put em on a leash, and be pretty much invisible.

or cover yourself in blood

its why i have a love/hate thing with this show. The overall rules of it just go up and down at the discretion of the writers.

Remember when the Dead overran the farm and they could level a house, but a few thousand can withstand a make shift wall? And sound is what they are drawn to instead of scent?

They leveled the house? Pics??

And they have always been drawn to sound, then scent when close enough. Nothing has changed there.

More lazy viewing

Speaking of knights.

So much for that.

Where did you see that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Walking_Dead_episodes

I just got caught up and have enjoyed the show a lot this season, but man it just drives me crazy how no one can ever hear anything in the woods in this show. People are constantly getting snuck up on by zombies and people in the woods that are just trampling around on twigs and leaves. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose with Daryl and crew this week not hearing a freaking dump truck rolling over trees onto their position until it was close enough for them to casually talk to the driver without even having to raise their voice.

And they couldn't have found some woods to shoot in that at least actually had some real trees in it for people to hide behind instead of having them stand behind a 4 inch wide twig yet somehow be completely invisible to someone standing 10 feet away?

I just got caught up and have enjoyed the show a lot this season, but man it just drives me crazy how no one can ever hear anything in the woods in this show. People are constantly getting snuck up on by zombies and people in the woods that are just trampling around on twigs and leaves. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose with Daryl and crew this week not hearing a freaking dump truck rolling over trees onto their position until it was close enough for them to casually talk to the driver without even having to raise their voice.

And they couldn't have found some woods to shoot in that at least actually had some real trees in it for people to hide behind instead of having them stand behind a 4 inch wide twig yet somehow be completely invisible to someone standing 10 feet away?

They now have RPGs, cigars, and a tanker truck. Yet you are complaining. Sit back and enjoy. SGT Abraham mother Dick is back in the mix.

What are your views on the manicured lawns and the fact that the gas is still good? Enquiring minds want to know.

What are your views on the manicured lawns and the fact that the gas is still good? Enquiring minds want to know.

I don't really care, other than the memes about the lawn are funny.

They now have RPGs, cigars, and a tanker truck. Yet you are complaining. Sit back and enjoy. SGT Abraham mother Dick is back in the mix.

How many RPGs will Abraham have to fire within 10 feet of a bad guy before he notices that someone is shooting at him?