What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

ok- so it's been touched on by a couple of people recently, and probably already discussed...

Nicholas, the guy at the fence, et al- they have a swarm of zombies around them eating them. and yet, they're pretty much intact as dead people or zombies. I would think the zombie swarm eating them would... well... eat them.

I could see an individual zombie filling up on just the guts or something and then taking a nap. but a whole swarm? wouldn't expect much more than bones left. and considering the zombies' diamond crusted teeth that rip through muscle, skin and fat like nothing- I could see them gnawing the bones down to toothpicks. which would be useful to clean their diamond crusted teeth.
A non-lazy viewer might remember that there was a fence between the horde and the guy at said fence. That probably kept him from being completely consumed.

Plus, I'm sure Nicotero was just waiting to have an eyeball stick to a fence pole in a warped Christmas Story nod.
I'm pretty lazy. but wasn't fence guy on the wrong side of the fence? like.. the one swarming with zombies, leading to him getting eaten while the rest of the crew got away.

eta: while the rest of the crew watched him get eaten, but couldn't offer a stick to the head.
No, he got grabbed through a gap in the fence.
hmmm. wow.

I completely messed that one up in my head then. I thought they were all tyring to climb over the fence- he was the last one (and Michonne) trying to get over, and got grabbed by walkers and pulled down... on the wrong side. pretty dumb to get over to the right side of the fence and still get grabbed.
You were correct. He never made it over the fence. He was the last one and got pulled down by walkers.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
ghostguy123 said:
What distracted the walkers over the course of a day or so??? I wanna know!!!! Lazy writers.

I guess i am just ok using my imagination for some things. Was it a squirrel? A can blowing in the wind? One of 1000 other random things? Jesus who cares.

The show isnt 8 hours long every week. I dont need to actually SEE the wind blow a can, or a squirrel crack a nut.

Lazy writing though. The show should be 100 hours a week. Lazy actors, lazy producers, lazy network execs.
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Have-A-D-D-Squirrel-T-Shirt/dp/B00BTG6IYQ

ok- so it's been touched on by a couple of people recently, and probably already discussed...

Nicholas, the guy at the fence, et al- they have a swarm of zombies around them eating them. and yet, they're pretty much intact as dead people or zombies. I would think the zombie swarm eating them would... well... eat them.

I could see an individual zombie filling up on just the guts or something and then taking a nap. but a whole swarm? wouldn't expect much more than bones left. and considering the zombies' diamond crusted teeth that rip through muscle, skin and fat like nothing- I could see them gnawing the bones down to toothpicks. which would be useful to clean their diamond crusted teeth.
A non-lazy viewer might remember that there was a fence between the horde and the guy at said fence. That probably kept him from being completely consumed.

Plus, I'm sure Nicotero was just waiting to have an eyeball stick to a fence pole in a warped Christmas Story nod.
I'm pretty lazy. but wasn't fence guy on the wrong side of the fence? like.. the one swarming with zombies, leading to him getting eaten while the rest of the crew got away.

eta: while the rest of the crew watched him get eaten, but couldn't offer a stick to the head.
hmmm. wow.

I completely messed that one up in my head then. I thought they were all tyring to climb over the fence- he was the last one (and Michonne) trying to get over, and got grabbed by walkers and pulled down... on the wrong side. pretty dumb to get over to the right side of the fence and still get grabbed.
You were correct. He never made it over the fence. He was the last one and got pulled down by walkers.

Link
Is that the same guy though? Toilet paper guy?

Remember in the prison when a few consumed Lori's WHOLE body. There was nothing left and Rick had to get his ring from a zombies stomach. Apparently the zombies are getting pickier and only eating the choice bits now. Or the writing is stupid.

hmmm. wow.

Link
Is that the same guy though? Toilet paper guy?
yes.

When Glenn found the guy on the fence, didn't look he had been eaten much by that horde of walkers supposedly devouring him.

Ok, but where were all the dead bodies that were around him? Michonne and the others were shooting/stabbing them trying to help the guy at first. They should have put him out of his misery but didn't.

Who moved all those bodies so the only one on the fence was the guy who wrote his wife the note? Is this part of the lazy writing folks are talking about?
Actually, go back and watch the scene. Michonne and the others didn't help him at all. I think we posted about it wondering why they didn't at least kill him. That said, he should have looked a lot worse.
I thought when Michonne was trying to get over the fence, the others were helping her by shooting or stabbing walkers that had her legs. Maybe I missed it.
Pretty sure they just helped her get over. I remember thinking how cold it was that they didn't kill him although I think they may have realized they didn't have time or ammo to risk it.

It was the same guy. I stand corrected. He should've been eaten more imo. Unless the zombies stopped eating the whole person a la Lori.

See ya comfortably numb. IK and moops you're the idiots
Ouch, that's pretty harsh.
TWD is serious business I guess.
You mocked us and called us fools for thinking he was still alive :shrug:
I never called anyone anything for thinking he was alive.

That's not the type of person I am but you are a freaking moron for continuing to watch the show after that garbage though

The writers wanted Glenn to find him and the note (and the cool eyeball shot). So he wasn't eaten more to provide that opportunity. Should he or Nick have both been eaten more? Sure, but those are the type of criticisms that matter little to me since they have no impact on the larger story or the show itself so I can't even bother to care about matters that trivial in importance in my opinion.

Now Glenn's miraculous save on the other hand ...

The writers wanted Glenn to find him and the note (and the cool eyeball shot). So he wasn't eaten more to provide that opportunity. Should he or Nick have both been eaten more? Sure, but those are the type of criticisms that matter little to me since they have no impact on the larger story or the show itself so I can't even bother to care about matters that trivial in importance in my opinion.

But when things like that happen week after week...they do matter.

Not for me if they're so trivial I don't even give them a second thought. Just my two cents.

Like I said earlier, I think many/most of the criticisms aired in this thread barely register for me. They're nearly always minor and don't impact the larger story in any meaningful way. Honestly, I don't even think about most of them until I read this thread so they never even factor into the viewing experience for me. So I just dismiss them.

Now something like Glenn's escape is a much bigger deal and something I do have a problem with. The good news is I don't believe this show takes missteps like that very often. So while I'm not happy with the resolution it isn't going to stop me from continuing to watch the show.

Now if more and more examples like Glenn's occur I'd just stop watching. Fortunately, based on the 5+ seasons to date I don't anticipate that happening. One of the reasons why the Glenn resolution frustrated me was because I found it to be rather wildly out of character for the show.

Not for me if they're so trivial I don't even give them a second thought. Just my two cents.Like I said earlier, I think many/most of the criticisms aired in this thread barely register for me. They're nearly always minor and don't impact the larger story in any meaningful way. Honestly, I don't even think about most of them until I read this thread so they never even factor into the viewing experience for me. So I just dismiss them.

Now something like Glenn's escape is a much bigger deal and something I do have a problem with. The good news is I don't believe this show takes missteps like that very often. So while I'm not happy with the resolution it isn't going to stop me from continuing to watch the show.

Now if more and more examples like Glenn's occur I'd just stop watching. Fortunately, based on the 5+ seasons to date I don't anticipate that happening. One of the reasons why the Glenn resolution frustrated me was because I found it to be rather wildly out of character for the show.
Really? I found it very typical.

Not for me if they're so trivial I don't even give them a second thought. Just my two cents.Like I said earlier, I think many/most of the criticisms aired in this thread barely register for me. They're nearly always minor and don't impact the larger story in any meaningful way. Honestly, I don't even think about most of them until I read this thread so they never even factor into the viewing experience for me. So I just dismiss them.

Really? I found it very typical.
Well yeah, you like the show a lot less than I do. :)

Wildly...meaning, they've already done it twice...in the same fashion...for the same damned character.

Okay so we know the tower collapses and knocks down the wall allowing the walkers to get into Alexandria. So what do they do to stop the inflow?

Does Daryl/Abraham/Sasha come to save the day by using their truck to block the hole in the fence until it can be repaired?
dolphin smooth blows that #### up with RPG's

something that is a small detail but I'm noticing more and more as the show has matured and time has passed:

a lot of these zombies are basically just bones now. How the #### could a skeleton with no physical matter attached to its bones still move, at all.

i think the writers need to figure that one out, or the zombie realism angle starts to lose impact.

And, how long were the balloons there? Couldn't have been more than a couple days. Balloons are fine after a couple of days. Some of you act like two weeks went by or something.
I do the helium balloons for my kids a lot. that night, they're floating up at the ceiling- by the next morning their hovering just above the floor.

but caveat- I'm not using the premium grade balloons like they have in the ZA.
The ones in TWD were regular rubber balloons. You need the mylar stuff if you want it to last more than a day.

WHY HASN"T ANYONE STARTED A BALLOON THREAD DAMNIT....

And, how long were the balloons there? Couldn't have been more than a couple days. Balloons are fine after a couple of days. Some of you act like two weeks went by or something.
I do the helium balloons for my kids a lot. that night, they're floating up at the ceiling- by the next morning their hovering just above the floor.

but caveat- I'm not using the premium grade balloons like they have in the ZA.
The ones in TWD were regular rubber balloons. You need the mylar stuff if you want it to last more than a day.

WHY HASN"T ANYONE STARTED A BALLOON THREAD DAMNIT....
you got any of them balloons what blow up into funny shapes?

well no- not unless you consider round funny, coral.

CORAL. round funny, coral.

yeah- I'm pretty sure we all are aware they weren't mylar.

zombies not eating a guy to the bone, balloons- whatever. that kind of stuff I notice, but pretty par for the course of most goofy tv shows. doesn't take away from my liking watching it. it does keep the show from transcending... but not every show has to be great.

That's not the type of person I am but you are a freaking moron for continuing to watch the show after that garbage though
:lol: Notice I didn't call YOU an idiot in my post.

:lol: Notice I didn't call YOU an idiot in my post.
lazy reading

:bag:

lol

ghostguy123 said:
SlaX said:
Rustoleum said:
kentric said:
What was Enid's plan with the balloons? I missed what she said.
The whole balloon thing was a head scratcher. Let me tie some balloons on my backpack and make myself a walking advertisement for zombie chow.Does anyone know the correlation between the balloons and Glenn? Why did Maggie automatically know it was Glenn? Was his second job in a balloon store or was it just Maggie's wishful thinking?
The balloons were the leftover final stage markers for the zombie trail of tears. Obviously whatever is keeping the gas good keeps helium from leaking out of cheap party balloons as well.

Maggie was able to eliminate Abraham as a possible balloon suspect because he obviously would have sucked the helium out of them all and giggled himself silly saying "dolphin smooth" and "motherdick".
We have a helium tank at work that is over 20 years old. The helium is still good and we use it on random occasions. Since helium is an element, it doesn't break down. As long as the tank is in good condition and doesn't have a leak, it'll last for a very, very long time.
What does that have to do with helium leaking out of the balloons? Lazy reading.
I thought we were questioning good helium comparing it to gasoline here. But if we're questioning balloons, from my experience, helium balloons can last a couple of weeks. My daughter went to a birthday a few months back and brought home a helium balloon that lasted 2 weeks before I got sick of looking at it and popped it myself. Of course, YMMV and I've also had some balloons that barely last a few hours. It's only been a couple of days since the season started, so it's very plausible. Not to mention that most of the balloons were filled just minutes before.

I know you guys seem find it more enjoyable to try to find things to nit-pick, but it's getting laughable. It's a show based on a graphic novel - not a documentary.

ghostguy123 said:
SlaX said:
Rustoleum said:
kentric said:
The whole balloon thing was a head scratcher. Let me tie some balloons on my backpack and make myself a walking advertisement for zombie chow.Does anyone know the correlation between the balloons and Glenn? Why did Maggie automatically know it was Glenn? Was his second job in a balloon store or was it just Maggie's wishful thinking?
The balloons were the leftover final stage markers for the zombie trail of tears. Obviously whatever is keeping the gas good keeps helium from leaking out of cheap party balloons as well.

Maggie was able to eliminate Abraham as a possible balloon suspect because he obviously would have sucked the helium out of them all and giggled himself silly saying "dolphin smooth" and "motherdick".
We have a helium tank at work that is over 20 years old. The helium is still good and we use it on random occasions. Since helium is an element, it doesn't break down. As long as the tank is in good condition and doesn't have a leak, it'll last for a very, very long time.
What does that have to do with helium leaking out of the balloons? Lazy reading.
Maybe the fact that she was sitting AT THE TANK actually FILLING those balloons in the scene? He might have read lazily, but he saw the scene properly and you didn't ;)
He responded regarding the balloons left over from the zombie trail of tears, and about helium leaking out of cheap party balloons. No mention of helium tank.

Too much lazy reading going on
Too much assuming. I was referring to filling the balloons with helium in the scene. Read my response above. I even responded about the old balloons too.

Not for me if they're so trivial I don't even give them a second thought. Just my two cents.

Like I said earlier, I think many/most of the criticisms aired in this thread barely register for me. They're nearly always minor and don't impact the larger story in any meaningful way. Honestly, I don't even think about most of them until I read this thread so they never even factor into the viewing experience for me. So I just dismiss them.

The show has just turned into a big marketing whoorfest.

For me it was a cool show about zombies with some interesting characters and premise.

I mean I "get it"...they are capitalizing on a hot fad and milking it for every cent possible but it seems the writers and producers are more concerned about the marketability of the characters OFF of the show as opposed to their credibility on the show.

Have they started doing something like..."Guess the mystery celebrity zombie in this weeks episode!" "Text your answer to 32112"

The show is starting to take on a bit of a Sons of Anarchy vibe to it.....in regards to how it's starting to lose focus and become cliche. Characters have become stock and uninteresting with uneven motivation, the pace has slown to a crawl (this idea that this entire season so far is essentially three different viewpoints about the same scenario is kind of lame and drags it on) and the plot just isn't tight.

Just in the past couple of weeks:

1. Am I supposed to feel anything for the lame woman leader who sticks her head in the sand in regards to the dealing outside, miracously becomes empowered because she was lucky enough that Rick happened by when she was stabbing a Walker in the chest and is now walking thumping her chest (banging on the gate..."YOU WALKERS AREN"T GOING TO GET ME...I"M GOING TO LIVE...AND FIGHT") while boring everyone with her 30 seconds drawings of the future of Alexandria.

2. I'm not a big fan of the Glenn thing......but it was explained at least reasonably. What was lamer was the "afternoon special" between Glenn and ANNOYING MYSTERIOUS CHICK.

3. This jabrone taking it on himself to (a plan I think happened in Sly Stallone's prison opus LOCK UP) "shimmy" across a wire above the heads of dozens of walkers in an attempt to get out to help the settlement. Didn't this ####### ever watch the movie THE GREAT ESCAPE (all escape plans must be cleared by the leadership)......nevermind that his excuse for not letting anyone know was "would you have let me" and his mothers was "well...at least he tried". I mean...come on.

4. Lame ### (which should have set to montage music) scenes where the useless denizens of Alexandria are being taught to fight....in particular the zen like mantras from Coral. I have expected him to hit that boy with a "gun like walking down road" speech.

They really need to find their balls a bit, lose some of the tenderness and stop trying to shoehorn everyone into a meaningful story.

ghostguy123 said:
SlaX said:
Rustoleum said:
kentric said:

Maybe the fact that she was sitting AT THE TANK actually FILLING those balloons in the scene? He might have read lazily, but he saw the scene properly and you didn't ;)
He responded regarding the balloons left over from the zombie trail of tears, and about helium leaking out of cheap party balloons. No mention of helium tank.

Too much lazy reading going on
Too much assuming. I was referring to filling the balloons with helium in the scene. Read my response above. I even responded about the old balloons too.
Lazy reading comprehension

No show in the history of any show in the history of the world gets nitpicked as much as this show regarding things that have nothing to do with the overall story, such as the dude who probably should have been completely eaten with that note laying there. Or the grass, or one of 5000 other things that don't matter.

It's a true testament to how great this show really is. It even draws in the people who don't like it.

Name another show like that. Another show that will reach double digit prime time seasons that is. Go ahead, research, I'll wait.

That and for whatever reason this show causes people to not pay attention. Amazing how people can state at a screen and have no idea what they are looking at.

Was there really a half a page argument about which side of the fence that guy was on??? Jesus F'ing Christ people.

No show in the history of any show in the history of the world gets nitpicked as much as this show regarding things that have nothing to do with the overall story, such as the dude who probably should have been completely eaten with that note laying there. Or the grass, or one of 5000 other things that don't matter.

It's a true testament to how great this show really is. It even draws in the people who don't like it.

Name another show like that. Another show that will reach double digit prime time seasons that is. Go ahead, research, I'll wait.
I've never seen a grown man (maybe a poor assumption?) blubber like a baby over people's criticism of a show they seemingly have no vested interest in,

I'm sorry we hurt your feelings, Nancy.

You should go back and read the LOST threads. Bunch of cry babies in there because they didn't spell out the meaning of the numbers. They did but the cry babies didn't agree with the explanation.

I've never seen a grown man (maybe a poor assumption?) blubber like a baby over people's criticism of a show they seemingly have no vested interest in,

I'm sorry we hurt your feelings, Nancy.
Huge zombie fan, always have been going on a couple decades, lots vested.

Do I overreact to criticisms?? Sure, but either way, is what I said wrong? No?? Ok then

You should go back and read the LOST threads. Bunch of cry babies in there because they didn't spell out the meaning of the numbers. They did but the cry babies didn't agree with the explanation.
I can't even imagine how stupid that thread was. "Lost"'s entire purpose was to confuse the audience at all times. It worked. Nothing on that show made any sense whatsoever, and that was their intent. People arguing over the meaning of things that had no meaning must have been upper tier level of horrible.

But at least with that show I imagine most of the complaints were more valid than here.

In the history of the world?

Remembering your dire warnings of Ebola epidemic cause your wife is a nurse or something makes me think you are prone to hyperbole.

In the history of the world?

Remembering your dire warnings of Ebola epidemic cause your wife is a nurse or something makes me think you are prone to hyperbole.
Which show then?

Whenever I see Carol start following someone I figure she's going to either kick their ### or end them.

Carol rules.

Everyone in alexadria is going to die and ricks group will have that place all to themselves.

I am probably going to stop watching though cause Glenn is alive, and the writers didnt let me know for three weeks. They hurt my feelings.

This show jumped a zombie shark.

Everyone in alexadria is going to die and ricks group will have that place all to themselves.

I am probably going to stop watching though cause Glenn is alive, and the writers didnt let me know for three weeks. They hurt my feelings.

You're just feeding the hatertrolls here. It's pretty obvious they're not going anywhere. You know who the level headed ones are here that really just want to discuss the show. Stop responding to trolls and perhaps the ratio of troll to valid post will get better.

You have to admit the Glen escape was ridiculous.

Ninja zombies sneaking up on people all throughout the show in the middle of the empty woods or a dark room....and then 8,000 of them can't seem to eat the poo poo platter for 2 in front of their faces??

Look Hank, the head is squirming you want to take a bite? No thanks Steve, I like to leave the head for the end but by all means, you can have it. No sir e Hank, Marge says I need to watch my figure, we're taking up flamenco classes in the spring.

zombies not eating a guy to the bone, balloons- whatever. that kind of stuff I notice, but pretty par for the course of most goofy tv shows. doesn't take away from my liking watching it. it does keep the show from transcending... but not every show has to be great.

Users who are viewing this thread