Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***


Recommended Posts

So Negan being a badsass turned out to be Negan was nothing but talk?

Loved his demise.

:confused:

we havent even seen him yet

Pretty sure that guy who was talking was Negan. He was like Jimmy in Seinfeld....always referrred to himself in the third person.

??? NOOO!

http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/714441/jeffrey-dean-morgan-joins-the-walking-dead-as-negan Jeffrey Dean Morgan who many should recognize from tv shows and movies in the past is supposed to play Negan. My understanding is that we won't see him until late this season like March 27th or April 3rd, the season finale, which is supposed to be a dozy of a cliff-hanger.

I have to agree that this is easily one of the best episodes ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couldn't believe the scene with the lady and her kids and Coral getting shot in the face actually happened. Thought it was some sort of dream sequence or something until Wolf mentioned the gunshot. Crazy.

Good episode.

:goodposting: The way it was shot, and Rick for once freezing had me thinking it was the kid "dreaming" what was going to happen until the kid pulled the gun on Rick..

When the shot went off I wondered.. did they go there??? and they did :eek:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Glen was going to put the moves on Enid. Maggie was all but dead, so why not, right?

The battle was fake. Not something that would happen in the real apocalypse at all. Thought it was way overdone.

Can't stay in the area now. The water supply is tainted along with too many zombies to get rid of.

What? I hope that was all sarcasm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More action than the first half of the season, but I don't think it was that much improved plot wise.

smh

Trust me, I'm trying to love the show. Tons of exciting and tense moments in this episode.

It just gets so repetitive with Rick's character and silly that the other people follow him. I also tend to get sucked out of the moment with all of the close calls with the main characters that we know aren't going to die.

The show is always going to be repetitive one some key points. There is really no way to avoid it, this isn't a movie where the good guys will defeat the bad guys and it is all good. The following will continue to happen until the show stops:

1. They will have to fend off zombies.

2. They will be killed by the zombies.

3. They will barely survive being killed by zombies.

4. They will have to fend off humans.

5. They will be killed by the humans.

6. They will barely survive being killed by humans.

7. They will occasionally meet good other people and some of those new people will die, some will become key members of the group.

8. They will have to move.

9. They will find a new place to live and struggle to get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Glen was going to put the moves on Enid. Maggie was all but dead, so why not, right?

The battle was fake. Not something that would happen in the real apocalypse at all. Thought it was way overdone.

Can't stay in the area now. The water supply is tainted along with too many zombies to get rid of.

:lmao: :lmao:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jamny said:

Guess I'm in the minority. Thought the episode was cheesy and ridiculous.

I should probably just stop watching the show.

Really surprised by the positive reaction. I stopped watching after 30 minutes because I was bored. Will try to finish it tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jamny said:

Guess I'm in the minority. Thought the episode was cheesy and ridiculous.

I should probably just stop watching the show.

Yea, if you didn't enjoy that episode probably time to find a new show..

top 5 episode for me :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, cockroach said:

So the reality factor of this RPG was like zero right?   The explosion came from underneath like someone rolled a grenade... but besides that... how are you not going to notice someone just fired off a RPG round?   Maybe they were so close the explosion was pretty instant?    Seems like you might half turn your head before you got blown to #### though.  IDK figured someone would be picking that apart already.

- none of the gang saw or heard any fighting

- the dead body was off to the side of the truck and no one saw

- no one saw Daryl aiming a RPG at them

 

The show is a cartoon now, no rules whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jobber said:

Same. To the detractors, what exactly would not bore you? 

The fight scene was missing a few things. First, that would never happen. Second, the parts that were missing from it were a few, "POW's" or "BANG's" or "CRASH's" or "PLOP's" or "WHACK's". These would have at least made the scene more realistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it is funny how people are all about this being a top 5 episode and others didn't think it was that great. Would be interesting to watch one of those monster marathons of all the episodes so far in the show and everybody picking a top 5. I would imagine there are some similarities but could have a lot of variety depending on what interests you in the show. this was action packed and showed the "good guys" doing a lot of things right. Lots of episodes though, not really sure what my top 5 would be. 

 

2 random thoughts on the episode though:

1) they built the Wolf to be an intriguing character and unfortunately had to kill him off. I don't think they had much of an option because keeping him alive would be kind of weird plot move, but since he was around for over a full season would have been interesting to have some character development to see some more about him or this side of him

2) Interested to see what they do with Morgan now. I would think hard to have Carol and Morgan act like nothing ever happened, but both have value with the community with the Alexandrian folks taking some losses. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great episode.  Started great, ended better.

LOL at no plot in this episode.  Even if you TRULY think there wasn't, did there need to be?  This was basically the 5 minute highlight action sequence of a movie, except it lasted a lot longer.  It's a show, an ongoing show, not a movie.  This wasn't the first show, and won't be last.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, modogg said:

it is funny how people are all about this being a top 5 episode and others didn't think it was that great. Would be interesting to watch one of those monster marathons of all the episodes so far in the show and everybody picking a top 5. I would imagine there are some similarities but could have a lot of variety depending on what interests you in the show. this was action packed and showed the "good guys" doing a lot of things right. Lots of episodes though, not really sure what my top 5 would be. 

 

2 random thoughts on the episode though:

1) they built the Wolf to be an intriguing character and unfortunately had to kill him off. I don't think they had much of an option because keeping him alive would be kind of weird plot move, but since he was around for over a full season would have been interesting to have some character development to see some more about him or this side of him

2) Interested to see what they do with Morgan now. I would think hard to have Carol and Morgan act like nothing ever happened, but both have value with the community with the Alexandrian folks taking some losses. 

I was disappointed to see him killed off.   Could have made him to be a controversial character much like Merl was.  

 

Not much mention of Eugene finally growing a set and taking on walkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

I was disappointed to see him killed off.   Could have made him to be a controversial character much like Merl was.  

 

Not much mention of Eugene finally growing a set and taking on walkers.

Can't imagine he lasts too much longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

I really liked the episode.  I can usually turn my brain off and just enjoy it for what it is:  A television show based on a comic book.  However, the one thing that bugged me was how Abraham amd Sasha could mow down all those walkers within a few feet of Glenn and manage to not hit him.

Legitimate complaint. . Then again wouldn't have got the "could you open the gate.. we'd appreciate it pal" from Abraham :lol:

Edited by snogger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cstu said:

- none of the gang saw or heard any fighting

- the dead body was off to the side of the truck and no one saw

- no one saw Daryl aiming a RPG at them

 

The show is a cartoon now, no rules whatsoever.

So now you hate cartoons too. What is wrong with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, snogger said:

Legitimate complaint. . Then again wouldn't have got the "could you open the gate.. we'd appreciate it pal" from Abraham :lol:

 

Just like all the people complaining about how they didn't just drive right through those bikers with the tanker truck.  If they did, you wouldnt have had that great beginning. 

That and, ya know, good shooting is more plausible than zombies existing............so there's that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Aaron, the guy they first met and hung out with Daryl,  is still around.

 

So are at least like 5 other people in the church, and that one lady's (former leader, forget her name) son.

Didn't see Aaron's boy toy die yet either.

Edited by ghostguy123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Buckna said:

IIRC, this was the first time we've seen a kid very graphically eaten in the show. There've been walker children occasionally, plus what happened to Lizzie & Mika, but most of the times the kids perished offscreen.

Meghan killed by mud zombie and then later shot by the governor. Wish they'd just get rid of Judith already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Meghan killed by mud zombie and then later shot by the governor. Wish they'd just get rid of Judith already. 

Didn't see her killed, just attacked/bit and corpse shot in the head, but good call. Sophia would count in that way as well as the zombie girl in the first episode.

But I dont recall a child being torn apart/eaten on the show yet live in real time like Sam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things this episode got right:

1-the RPG, glad they fixed that scene right because it's really not a fair fight and it all would have been silly with any other outcome. 

2- in the end the zombie sheets didn't work. Despite the 10 minute conversation and switching out baby Judith one of the more silly zombie defenses did eventually break down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Things this episode got right:

1-the RPG, glad they fixed that scene right because it's really not a fair fight and it all would have been silly with any other outcome. 

2- in the end the zombie sheets didn't work. Despite the 10 minute conversation and switching out baby Judith one of the more silly zombie defenses did eventually break down. 

It only broke down because Sam wouldn't shut up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cockroach said:

Ok, lets talk about this Lake of Fire... one of the only thing that kills zombies (fire) also attracts them like a moth to a flame... even away from potential fresh meat?  Really?!? 

This is the one time that I have ever been bothered by something in this show.  If it is that simple, why not just set fires in random places so that Zombies kill themselves by walking into fire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, a_rackowski said:

This is the one time that I have ever been bothered by something in this show.  If it is that simple, why not just set fires in random places so that Zombies kill themselves by walking into fire. 

Sounds perfect.  A bunch of unsupervised fires all over the place.  What could go wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cockroach said:

Ok, lets talk about this Lake of Fire... one of the only thing that kills zombies (fire) also attracts them like a moth to a flame... even away from potential fresh meat?  Really?!? 

Distraction, correct.  Just like every other zombie movie of all time. 

However, did the fire need to be started with an RPG?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So with all the walkers burning up in the water, is the water now undrinkable?  I mean, if everyone is infected with whatever virus it is, you would think it wouldn't matter. 

The cannibals were ok, so why shouldn't the water source be ok?  Everyone already has the "virus" or whatever it is. 

I imagine they would get sick from drinking rotting corpse soup, but just boil that shiznit. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...